REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
How many of you would like to see a TRUE Final Fantasy on Wii?  To an extent, Id almost rather have the FF series on a more powerful console where we can see FF in all its glory....but yet id still like to see how they would incorporate the FF mechanics into the Wii hardware.  Personally, I think CC is crap.  Its story sucks, and its gameplay is repetitive unless you have friends to play co-op with.  So, how many of you want to see Square and Nintendo together again?
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
What is so great about Final Fantasy anyway(I have never played a true FF game)? I mean really, after 13 games you would think people would want something new.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 REVOLUTIONfreak
What is so great about Final Fantasy anyway(I have never played a true FF game)? I mean really, after 13 games you would think people would want something new. bededog
the numbers mean nothing, they are all different games.  The only ones connected are X and X-2
The_Wall_PG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 The_Wall_PG
Member since 2004 • 457 Posts

Having played almost all of the FF games, I must say the fact Final Fantasy is stuck on the PS is just a matter of added cost for me. The only reason I bought PS2 was for the FF I had missed and if they indeed stay on the PS in the future, I will keep buying Sony's consoles (as a secondary of course) in order to play FF.

Ultimately though, my vote goes to FF on Wii because Crystal Chronicles is utter crap in my opinion and because the Square-Nintendo partnership has produced gems in the past *coughSuperMarioRPGcough*.

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 REVOLUTIONfreak

Having played almost all of the FF games, I must say the fact Final Fantasy is stuck on the PS is just a matter of added cost for me. The only reason I bought PS2 was for the FF I had missed and if they indeed stay on the PS in the future, I will keep buying Sony's consoles (as a secondary of course) in order to play FF.

Ultimately though, my vote goes to FF on Wii because Crystal Chronicles is utter crap in my opinion and because the Square-Nintendo partnership has produced gems in the past *coughSuperMarioRPGcough*.

The_Wall_PG
i actually made this topic because i just started playing FFX again.... I had gotten stuck and stopped playing for awhile, but now i have finally surpassed my roadblock!
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 wickerman2004
Member since 2004 • 3878 Posts

just because Wii isn't 8GHz with 4teraflops of memory with 4million by 10 billion resolution doesn't mean that it can't be home to a really good modern FF title, yes CC is crap...maybe the Wii version will be improved..time will tell.

i would like to see a true FF game on the Wii and hold your breath - cos Square said they plan on going multiplatform months back with all their games (does any other games even matter by them?) so i think we may see something - if they are investing millions into developing these titles - expect them to diversify their platform strategy to recoup the money and make them dollas they want so badly.

FF3 may be a wake up call. KNOCK KNOCK...who's there? MONEY!!!!!!

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REVOLUTIONfreak
ya, i can see your point....and its not that i wouldnt like to see a FF game on Wii, its just the fact that it is so unlikely.  Honestly i almost wish Square would make there own consoles or something.  I love RPG's, but sadly Nintendo and Microsoft's consoles hardly ever get good RPG's.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts
I wish square enix would "know there roots" and come back to Nintendo, I think it would be fun mostly because if you hack your wii mote your chacter does a swoard slash, if you pull the Wii mote close you defend etc. etc.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
FF games need to be on the Wii. It may not be able to pull off PS3 graphics, but the Wii still looks hella good from what I've seen
sufian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 sufian2
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
Well I voted PS3 cause i am sort of used to the great CG grapics in the game, also their is the little fact that Sony would die before they left it behind. If however by some miracle it did happen i think it would end up in a huge fight between the two giants or lets say Sony would not let it go without a fight. A brutal one that is.
kryptofreak120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 kryptofreak120
Member since 2005 • 5524 Posts
Final Fantasy was an awesome series when Nintendo had it. I'm sure they could still pull it off correctly on the Wii.
FullMetal1118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 FullMetal1118
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts
I'm a pretty hard core FF fan and i've played all but three of corase :D but i didn't care for the crystal chronicles...i dunno i just didn't like it for some reason. I think FF would do fine on the NIntendo as long as they stick with the numbers XD I really dont see what the PS has over the nintendo with FF...they both have very good graphics and as for the PS3....i won't have the money for that system for a very....very ....very long time. the Wii will be bought asap. Well when i see one that is. I'm kinda sad FFXIII will be on the PS3...but by the time i get a PS3 it will most likely be Greatest Hit lol
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts

ya, i can see your point....and its not that i wouldnt like to see a FF game on Wii, its just the fact that it is so unlikely.  Honestly i almost wish Square would make there own consoles or something.  I love RPG's, but sadly Nintendo and Microsoft's consoles hardly ever get good RPG's.REVOLUTIONfreak

Ahem... Paper Mario and Oblivion?

REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 REVOLUTIONfreak

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]ya, i can see your point....and its not that i wouldnt like to see a FF game on Wii, its just the fact that it is so unlikely.  Honestly i almost wish Square would make there own consoles or something.  I love RPG's, but sadly Nintendo and Microsoft's consoles hardly ever get good RPG's.Squidward117

Paper Mario doesnt have a good storyline though...its a great RPG but its still Mario.  As for Oblivion, I have it and I honestly didnt like it that much.  Sorry to say but if you compare those games to the 5 million RPG's on the PS2 it is pretty sad
arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arfy2
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
There are 3 games coming from that Sakaguichi dude who used to work FF games coming to the 360. Mass Effect has won loads of Best of E3  awards from magazines and sites. The PS2 was the king of RPGs but I think it is going to be more even this gen. The Wii has 2 RPGs in its launch window.
sufian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sufian2
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
Well i hope we get more RPG's this time around everyone even Microsoft have realized that the key to Japans market lies in thos 3 letters.
Squidward117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Squidward117
Member since 2005 • 4374 Posts
[QUOTE="Squidward117"]

[QUOTE="REVOLUTIONfreak"]ya, i can see your point....and its not that i wouldnt like to see a FF game on Wii, its just the fact that it is so unlikely.  Honestly i almost wish Square would make there own consoles or something.  I love RPG's, but sadly Nintendo and Microsoft's consoles hardly ever get good RPG's.REVOLUTIONfreak

Paper Mario doesnt have a good storyline though...its a great RPG but its still Mario.  As for Oblivion, I have it and I honestly didnt like it that much.  Sorry to say but if you compare those games to the 5 million RPG's on the PS2 it is pretty sad

No. 9/11 is sad. Steve Erwin dying is sad. Staying with current gen, the Playstation 2 has 162 RPGs. I know that you know that more than 4/5 of those games are useless crap. The Gamecube has 32 RPGs and the Xbox has 40. Now what the Gamecube lacks in quanity, it makes up for in quality. Browse through the Gamecube RPG line up. You'll see that just as many games scored an 8 and above as the PS2 did. The Xbox is a different story.

However, Zelda still kicks Final Fantasy's ass and always will. 'Nuff said.

Chobits006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Chobits006
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts
I want it to stay on Ps2
Smoke2Much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Smoke2Much
Member since 2006 • 1520 Posts
I could care less ! I was never really a fan of the series.I don't know why i just never got into it.