taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 taisho_rolyat
Member since 2004 • 3105 Posts

Alright everyone, name your Officer, stats, and starting city (which MUST be in your side's territory). Don't make your turns yet, because we may have to shift around the teams a bit to make it more even. Now is the time to ask questions, if you have any, because I don't want to have to make changes in-game.

I'll choose my character once everyone else has, in the interest of making the game more fair.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 taisho_rolyat
If that map is too small, you can see a bigger one in my "Taisho Remix" thread. That one doesn't have the coordinates, though.
Ccrow21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ccrow21
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

The rules sound pretty solid...and there is a pretty nice map...I'll be Taishi Ci of Wu, yet again.

I will have 5 life, and 5 attack. I will start in the city of Wu 3.

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts

Horsemen such as I do not consent to merely "defend."  We charge home and hard into the enemy, preferebly from the flank or rear, but most heroically straight on, then withdraw for yet another charge.  The thunder of our mounts' hoove's sears an image of glory into the memory of friend and foe as bright as the sun!  For whom else burns so brightly, yet for so short a time, as the thunderouse rush of the Justice brigade.  My statistics shall thus reflect the nature of thunderous calvary.

Attack: 9 Life: 1  Starting in Shu City #1

Wei-Yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wei-Yan
Member since 2005 • 16356 Posts
i will be Sun Ce
SirMothy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 SirMothy
Member since 2005 • 3826 Posts

Jiang Wei will dominate just like in the other one!!!!!!!

SirMothy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SirMothy
Member since 2005 • 3826 Posts
4: Attack 6: Life for me and i spawn in Shu#1
Wei-Yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wei-Yan
as i mentioned before i will be Sun Ce and i will have 6 attack 4 health and i will start in city of wu 1
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 taisho_rolyat

SoretheDeciever said he'd be Xu Huang, with 7 life and 3 attack, starting in Wei 3 (correct me if I'm wrong).

That means there's 2 Shu players, 1 Wu player, and 1 Wei player so far.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 taisho_rolyat

Attack: 9 Life: 1  Starting in Shu City #1JeffSteel

Are you sure? If your unit gets hit once, then you're out of the game. If you ever wind up besieging a city or fighting more than one opponent, then it's game over.
A-Low

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 A-Low
Member since 2004 • 5380 Posts
Already called my dude, Cao Cao.
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 taisho_rolyat
Remember A-Low, you gotta give your stats and your starting city. You get 10 points to divide between Attack and Life as you please, and you start with 5 gold.
ShinmenMusashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShinmenMusashi
Member since 2005 • 1788 Posts

Hmm...

Sima Yi.  Attack = 6 Health = 4 Gold = 5. I'll start in Wei 1.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 taisho_rolyat

To help you guys figure out who you want to be, and where, I'll give you guys an overview of the different strengths and weaknesses of the four factions.

Shu (Green) has the double advantage of both bordering every faction, and having a natural barrier to the south and west. Their Capitol is very near their two southern cities, giving them a strong defensive front in the region, and their northern city serves as a valuable, but vulnerable, outpost against Wei and Rebel territory. Their position is more defensive than offensive in the first few turns, but gives a good platform for launching invasions to the North and East.

Wu (Red) has a very strong position. No invading army can reach the Wu Capitol without taking a city first, save by a very narrow southern passage from Shu. They have a good position for launching attacks to the North and West simultaneously, and have a strong defensive line to fall back to if things go badly. An overagressive policy is a good way to isolate potential allies, though, so sometimes a good defense is the best offense. The Rebel forces can serve as a useful first line of defence against Wei, so securing alliance and bolstering their defenses may be just as profitable as conquering them.

Wei (Blue) is very spread out, meaning that its forces are slow to mobilize, but their land takes a long time to conquer. Their starting position offers a good opportunity for invading Rebels or Shu, but a strong defensive could leave the Wei forces scattered and isolated. It should be noted that the Rebels can be used as a buffer zone against Wu, and it may be a worthwhile investment to bolster their defenses. However, there is plenty of room for maneuvers in the wide, open Central Plains. A Wei leader should focus on battle in the field, using their cities essentially as emergency rally points. Knowing when to fight and when to flee can be a useful skill for Wei players, since Routing gives them the chance to instantaneously move from a dangerous situation to a distant city.

Rebels (Yellow) have the toughest starting position, as they are spread far apart and wedged between two other major powers. Their capitol is very vulnerable to attack, so it may be wise to have strong forces in the field to bar access to the city. Their position is one of vital importance, being not only a buffer between Wei and Wu, but a potential crossroads between the Three Kingdoms, which means that friendly neighbors have much to gain by maintaining a Rebel alliance. On the other hand, they are an attractive target for conquest, and may be in the thick of the fighting early in the game.

menwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 menwar
Member since 2005 • 779 Posts
I will be Guan Yu , Attack:6  Health:4  Gold:5 I will be in Shu Forces
HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HanzoMaster
Member since 2004 • 5466 Posts

I will be Guan Yu , Attack:6  Health:4  Gold:5 I will be in Shu Forcesmenwar

Wang Peng comes in and chants to Guan Yu

*overrated

overrated

overrated

overrated*

Wang Peng-Wei the best Kingdom ever

Stats 5attack,5health,5gold

okay I got it Wei2 is were I'll be right on the border of Rebels border

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JeffSteel

[QUOTE="JeffSteel"]Attack: 9 Life: 1  Starting in Shu City #1taisho_rolyat
  Are you sure? If your unit gets hit once, then you're out of the game. If you ever wind up besieging a city or fighting more than one opponent, then it's game over.

okay, so getting life reduced to zero means permanent death eh? I was thinking of reinforcing my life by +5 before ever engaging in battle, but....... there is wisdom in what you say. hmmmm, change it to Attack: 8 , Life: 2 then.

Ricardo_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ricardo_gil
Member since 2005 • 1784 Posts

I had allready chosen Sima Yi in the other board, but since ShinmenMusashi has allready chosen my favourite character Sima Yi, I will take Cao Pi. Life=7  Attack=3    Start= Wei 3

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HanzoMaster

Since ShinmenMusashi has allready chosen my favourite character Sima Yi, I will take Cao Pi. Life=7  Attack=3    Start= Wu 3Ricardo_gil

why would you start at Wu when your wei just a question are you attacking if so I'll come with

Ricardo_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ricardo_gil
My mistake. Thanks for warning me. I am sorry everyone, but I meant to start on Wei 3. I am starting on Wei 3.
Wei-Yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wei-Yan
can you regain health as that would be helpful but only at the capital
Wei-Yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wei-Yan
taisho are you missing someone me i am Sun Ce = Wu so that makes 2 Wu
HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HanzoMaster

I got a question if someone has a low attack and attacks someone with a higher attack does the person with an higher attack loss health

like me Wang Peng 5 attack get attack by SirMothy Jiang Wei 4 attack do I loss any cause his weaker than me so I shouldn't the only way is a joint attack so I'm a correct by that

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JeffSteel
A good question, and here is another one.  Will the battles have any elemen of strategy, likeflanking manuevers, ambushes, fireattacks, etc., or will it be simple a mathematical thing, with the numbers being the only determining factors?
phucvantran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 phucvantran
Member since 2004 • 6389 Posts

I Guan Ping have arrived for duty,

Attack: 6(000)

Life: 4(000) HP

Morale:****************

Special skills: Ambush, duelling, grand scale war-fare.

Biography: Surpassing even his fathers skill in martial-arts, duelling, hand-to-hand combat and tactics Guan Ping is an opponent that should be reckoned with. Wielding the legendary ''Dragon Crushing the Heaven's'' blade, Guan Ping is able to hold his own even against a 1000 enemy soldiers. This because he has been trained long and hard by his mentors and ally's Ma Chao (deadly on a horseback and known for his charging abilities), Zhang Fei (unparalleled in strength and known for defending the bridge at Chang Ban), Zhuge Liang (Tactics), Lui Bei (wisdom).

Quote: 'My body will break before my spirit, I shall never surrender, and I shall fight till the very last breath leaves my body.' 

phucvantran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 phucvantran
Member since 2004 • 6389 Posts

I start at shu 2

picture of guan ping's home 

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JeffSteel

Ma Chao:  All-RIGHT!!  About time somebody in Shu has a place to par-TAY!  ........... for justice, of course.

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HanzoMaster

Ma Chao:  All-RIGHT!!  About time somebody in Shu has a place to par-TAY!  ........... for justice, of course.

Justice thats funny cause the only thing thats going to happen is my foot your A$$ get the picture Wei rules

Wang Peng of Wei will destroy you all and feast on your souls

JeffSteel
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 taisho_rolyat

I hate to break it to you guys, but unless a lot more people turn up, some people are going to have to change teams. I want it to be about even across the board, but Wei has too many guys as it stands. I want some good players for Rebel team, since they have such a tough starting position.

Also, I've got some more clarifying rules to set up.

Death of a Leader
-Every player on the Leaderless team has the option of either stepping up to become the new leader, or joining another team. If more than one player steps up to become Leader and no agreement can be made, then civil war will break out.

Civil War and Rebellion
-Civil War occurs when a leader dies and more than one player wants to take his place. Rebellion is when players try to depose their current leader.
-In civil war and rebellion, the faction is split among the would-be leaders and their followers. The new, smaller factions have their own leaders and have all the options of a normal faction.

Moving the Capitol
-When a Wu, Shu, Wei, or Rebel leader occupies a city that is not the current faction capitol, they have the option of making that city their capitol. For convenience, the old capitol becomes City 4, (i.e. Wu 4) and the new capitol is referred to as Capitol. If the capitol is moved again, then the city reverts to its original name. I.e., the Wei Capitol is moved- Wei Capitol becomes Wei 4, Wei 2 becomes Wei Capitol. The capitol is moved back, so Wei Capitol goes back to being Wei 2 and Wei 4 becomes Wei Capitol again.
-If, for example, the King of Wu were to conquer the Rebel Capitol, he still couldn't relocate it. You can only move your starting capitol
-During rebellion or civil war, the capitol cannot be moved.
-If the capitol is under siege or occupied by an enemy army, it cannot be moved.

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HanzoMaster

but what about my question

if someone with low attack points attack someone with high points would they loss health cause it shouldn't if there weaker than you it shouldn't but please answer it

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 taisho_rolyat

I got a question if someone has a low attack and attacks someone with a higher attack does the person with an higher attack loss health

like me Wang Peng 5 attack get attack by SirMothy Jiang Wei 4 attack do I loss any cause his weaker than me so I shouldn't the only way is a joint attack so I'm a correct by thatHanzo Master

A good question, and here is another one.  Will the battles have any elemen of strategy, likeflanking manuevers, ambushes, fireattacks, etc., or will it be simple a mathematical thing, with the numbers being the only determining factors?JeffSteel

Both good questions. Hanzo, the fighting works basically the same way as the ones in Hurt & Heal. When you get into a fight, you deal damage each turn, and so does the enemy.

And Jeff, if you can help me think up a way for all that to work, I'd gladly write them in. Problem is, I just can't think of a way to work that in that would be fair and easy to figure out. I'm trying to avoid any potential gray areas here.

EDIT: Anyway Jeff, the plan for this game was that it would be a battle of positions, where the trick wasn't winning against the odds, it was stacking the odds in your favor. The Hurt/Heal-based fighting system seems to work fine, so 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' The big problem with Noah's game that I was trying to fix was the fact that cities were useless- even disadvantageous. Think about it- when a unit is guarding a city and is attacked, then the attacker gets a leg-up and deals damage first. If the starting health of both units is equal, the attacker is certain to win unless reinforcements arrive. Add to that the fact that cities provide no real advantage whatever, and you have a big gameplay flaw on your hands. After tweaking the city and movement mechanics, more and more ideas just kept coming.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 taisho_rolyat

[QUOTE="taisho_rolyat"][QUOTE="JeffSteel"]Attack: 9 Life: 1  Starting in Shu City #1JeffSteel

okay, so getting life reduced to zero means permanent death eh? I was thinking of reinforcing my life by +5 before ever engaging in battle, but....... there is wisdom in what you say. hmmmm, change it to Attack: 8 , Life: 2 then.

Well Jeff, I suggest that you fight as a sort of raider- staying in a fortified city to build up troops, then charging out at enemies in the open. You still won't have much of a shot at taking a city, though, so be careful which positions you put yourself in. Also, for someone so reliant on cities, Routing could be a useful tool for you (although it may be tought for the Justice Brigade to swallow their pride). Just remember that the enemy gets free gold every time they rout you.
HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HanzoMaster

well could I name some cities in each of the zones so we know where to go

I'm real good with the names in each zone so how about it could I

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 taisho_rolyat

Well guys, I've made yet another ammendment to the rules, because it just occured to me that most players will be able to kill an enemy unit in 1 hit, and die in 1. As such, I've added rules for respawning.

Dead Officers
-A week after their defeat, officers will be revived at their Capitol (if their team has no capitol, they can't respawn until one is captured). Their stats will remain the same, but they will respawn with no gold.

Dead Leaders
-When a faction leader is destroyed, either he is seceeded or there is civil war. If civil war breaks out, he can't respawn until it is resolved. If he is succeeded, the player can respawn as a different officer (on the same team) a week after their defeat. Either way, they cannot respawn as the officer they used when they were Leader.

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HanzoMaster

So how about it

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 taisho_rolyat

HanzoMaster
  Well, I numbered them for convenience (the names got a little confusing in Noah's game), but you can call them whatever you want, as long as you make sure that their official name (Wei 3, Rebel 1) is included in the post somewhere :)
HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HanzoMaster

okay but my idea was just naming three in each zone you know

so it could be alittle more real so I'll do that right now if thats cool with you

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 taisho_rolyat

Yeah, again.

Spoils of War
-As stated before, when a unit Routs from battle, every enemy unit involved in the battle gains 1 gold.
-When an enemy unit is destroyed in battle, then all the gold owned by that unit goes to whichever unit finished him off.
-There is no gold bonus for taking cities, except for capitols.

joaooooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joaooooo
Member since 2005 • 1045 Posts

Zhao Yun

Attack:7  Health:3  

i will be in Shu Forces

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HanzoMaster

Hanzo, next flame I find gets deleted. Quit making an ass of yourself.
-Taisho

ShinmenMusashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShinmenMusashi

I had allready chosen Sima Yi in the other board, but since ShinmenMusashi has allready chosen my favourite character Sima Yi, I will take Cao Pi. Life=7  Attack=3    Start= Wei 3

Ricardo_gil

If you read Taisho's post in the other thread, you would've saw that he specifically stated that that thread was not for choosing or "claiming" characters in any way, shape, or form.

And Hanzomaster, do you really have to act like that? That is the exact same behavior that got you banned from Koei Warriors.

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 taisho_rolyat
[QUOTE="Ricardo_gil"]

ShinmenMusashi

If you read Taisho's post in the other thread, you would've saw that he specifically stated that that thread was not for choosing or "claiming" characters in any way, shape, or form.

And Hanzomaster, do you really have to act like that? That is the exact same behavior that got you banned from Koei Warriors.

Oh yeah Hanzo, that reminds me- HondaTadakatsu says hi :P
ShinmenMusashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShinmenMusashi

You know, after Taisho has begged and pleaded to make the teams more even, I give up Sima Yi and now join the Rebels as Lu Bu

Attack - 7

Life - 3

Gold - 5

And I am starting in Rebel 2

Ricardo_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ricardo_gil

Well, now that  ShinmenMusashi  was changed to Lu Bu , I will be Sima Yi - Life = 7   Attack = 3 and I start in Wei 3.

Thanks for giving up Sima Yi, and yes, the other board hasen't for chosing the characters but I just wanted to make sure that no one choosed him because I really like Sima Yi dude. Thanks a lot.

HanzoMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HanzoMaster

First off I don't care of getting ban just as I told Sean bring me back or don't I really don't care

and on the subject of betting ban yea so it hadn't change me I've been banned from alot of places

and still do and say what I want cause thats who I am so with that said WASSSUP

and its not my fault when I see Shu I just get alot of hatred build up in me cause I hate
everything about them there whole kingdom is build on a lie so whats wrong with me

letting it out sometimes

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
Man, these games have gotten much more complicated since the ol' "Hurt/Heal Instant Death" days
Dare9498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dare9498
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts
I will Be Zhang Fei life 4 attack 6  city 3
Dare9498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dare9498
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts
I will Be Zhang Fei life 4 attack 6  city 3
taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 taisho_rolyat

First off I don't care of getting ban just as I told Sean bring me back or don't I really don't care

and on the subject of betting ban yea so it hadn't change me I've been banned from alot of places

and still do and say what I want cause thats who I am so with that said WASSSUP

and its not my fault when I see Shu I just get alot of hatred build up in me cause I hate
everything about them there whole kingdom is build on a lie so whats wrong with me

letting it out sometimes

HanzoMaster

Uh... perhaps you need some psychiatric therapy. If the mention of an Imperial loyalist faction that existed in western China some 1,800 years ago makes your blood boil, you might just be bipolar :|

Besides, Wei beat them anyway. What's all the beef about?

taisho_rolyat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 taisho_rolyat

Man, these games have gotten much more complicated since the ol' "Hurt/Heal Instant Death" days harden007
Harden? Where in the hell have you been?

Shut up and pick a damn officer.

:P