Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gaarakin2010
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

so i dont see many people talking about this game so thats why ive started this topic :)

who here has got the game? what do you think?

i am loving it so much at the moment, the graphics are great, no clones, sick gameplay... i love it :D 

my favourite part of the game is aquiring 4th weapons, it kinda adds stratagy for me as i have to plan who to kill quick and runnig place to place, all while filling in the tactical objective! 

i have not attempted 5th weapons yet as it looks like it will be 10 times more difficult! if anyone is stuck in this game with weapons i will give you my tips on how to do it if i have got the weapons.

4th weapons aquired so far.

ginchiyo tachibana 

yukimura sanada

kenshin uesugi

oichi

gracia

aya

hanzo hattori

tadakatsu honda

out of them oichi and ginchiyo were the hardest ^^

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

don't mean to sound contrary, but apparently the game is so horrible that no one at GS has bothered to even rate it except for 4 people. and of those four ratings it gets an average of 5.1 - poor. and to show their loyalty to the game none of them wrote a review and only 1 of them claims to be currently playing it. on the other hand the 8 people who rated it on Gamefaq tend to think a lot more highly of it with a 9.1 rating. and the only FAQs written for the game have been japanese translations and cheats. this all leads me to understand the game is Japanese only which probably explains the lack of interest.

Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gaarakin2010

wow i cant believe that! yes, it is japanese only but it is seriously amazing. i read and speak no japanese and i can really enjoy the game with the guides and faqs that people have written.

anyone who is playing it care to discuss? :)

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bruneauinfo

considering there are only 4 people on GS who bothered to rate it i doubt any of our members have it. however, if it's really that amazing... does it work on the PS3, and is it Renbu oriented or Samurai Warriors 2-like?

Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gaarakin2010

ok i will try and sell you it :P

it is samurai warriors 2 like combat wise, but all the movesets feel more sharp and refined, and the extra attacks from xtreme legends remain.

there is now a blue energy bar that fills up when you kill people, and when full you can use a powerful musou attack which is sort of cinematic like dynasty warriors 7. also rolling remains.

also you can use 1 bar of your blue stuff to shadow dash through the enemies gaurd which is a big improvement in my opinion.  each character retains their 3rd weapon from samurai warriors 2, but there is now a normal, speed and power form which shows in a colour change, which is neat :)

now the 4th and 5th weapon hunting is the most enjoyable for me in this, it is alot better than the samurai warriors 2 way. you have to complete the 4 tactical objectives to get the weapon, nothing else matters. for 4th weapons you must play on hard, 5th shura.

original career mode is alot of fun, although you have to go through it 7 times to unlock everything, but its not that much of a grind. historical mode is just a lazy mode for CAW. challange mode is fun :)

now all the stages have had a major revamp, for the better! i think the map design is the best from any musou game yet, they are large in scale and lots of cool features like bombs flowing down the river in anegawa, hawks you can fly into odawara castle etc also osaka bay is epic!

and yes its ps3 :) i would really reccomend it if you like samurai warriors!

if you do get it eventually, here is a link listing all characters tactical objective, along with career mode tips http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/611495-sengoku-musou-3-z/faqs/62022

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruneauinfo

so what is this as compared to samurai warriors 3 for the Wii?

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bruneauinfo

here's a petition for getting SW3z and the other games in the series released overseas.

i'm signature 873!!

Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gaarakin2010
i never played 3 on the wi, but its millions of miles ahead imo , and petition signed!
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
If the price is right I might pick it up on the wii. It's usually pretty fun slinging the Wii-mote around all over the place making your swords swing with it.
Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gaarakin2010
hmmmm i dont think wii would be a good experience for this game due to wii-ish graphics and stuff :(
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruneauinfo

perhaps it would be prudent to rent it first, harden

Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Axel_77
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts
Off of the top of my head, the Wii version (vanilla at least) had major framerate issues to the point where it was a broken mess, or so I heard.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo

i'd believe it. prolly ruined the franchise by putting it out on Wii only. Koei made a MAJOR booboo there. if they had just released it for the PS3 and 360 instead SW would still be viable.

Japanese isolationists untie!!

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
This may suprise some, but graphics are less important to me than a fun game. In fact graphics probably doesn't appear in my top 5 most important attributes to a good game. They could put stick figures with swords in the game and ill enjoy swinging it to my enemy's deaths all day if it's fun.
Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Axel_77
This may suprise some, but graphics are less important to me than a fun game. In fact graphics probably doesn't appear in my top 5 most important attributes to a good game. They could put stick figures with swords in the game and ill enjoy swinging it to my enemy's deaths all day if it's fun.harden007
Same here, what I mean by frame rate is the speed at which the game is operating....wait, I KNOW, YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.....FFFFFFUUUUUU
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruneauinfo

yeah. when the frames drop to the point that your game stops working it's no fun anymore. if the reason is they tried to get the Wii to do something it wasn't designed to do, but the PS3 or even a PS2 could have done easily - well, that's a shame.

Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Axel_77

yeah. when the frames drop to the point that your game stops working it's no fun anymore. if the reason is they tried to get the Wii to do something it wasn't designed to do, but the PS3 or even a PS2 could have done easily - well, that's a shame.

Bruneauinfo
Yeah, well essentialy it dates back to it being some mode in the game that Nintendo had a **** fit over and made Koei release it in the west as Wii only, I personally believe that (it being on Wii over here) really f***ed sales over big time
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bruneauinfo

agreed. Koei should sue Nintendo for screwing up a perfectly good game!