Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

they are talking about releasing DW7 extreme legends in the usa and in Europe. it is of course coming to japan - duh. and of course there is a lot more DLC for dw7 coming down the pipe. i hope DLC for DW7 also works for Xtreme Legends as well as Empires - where DLC would be applicable. new characters for Xtreme Legends too. we'll be seeing Guo Jia, Peng De, and...

Wang Yi (female BTW). also they will be adding new weapons and decloning some. for example: Zhao Yun's spear. so Zhao Yun will get some uniqueness. same goes for Xiahou Dun who gets his own unique Scimitar. 

looking at images it appears Peng De will be a clone of Zhang Liao with dual axes:

well anyways, this is just a taste of the new characters and new weapons to come. of course Koei is just raking in the doh this way. you get 16 new characters but no doubt the cost will start at $40 or above. and these decloned weapons are nice, but i'd like to see content in the way of more interesting levels. climbing ladders and rock cliffs is nice and all, but levels are still very linear and combat is relatively boring. it would be nice if they brought the clock back too - or at least some way of saying get'er dun while the gettin's good! 

on a good note there are quite a few intereting goodies added to the game appraently. for example you will now be able to play the story modes co-op... which should have been in the game to begin with really... still, it is a welcome addition.

also there will be super weapons called 'Treasure Weapons' that are basically like 10th and 11th weapons from days of old. these weapons will require feats similar to those completed in DW4 and 5 where the player has to defeat certain generals before a certain general retreats, defeat a level in chaos mode with a certain character, etc. in other words the days of grinding for cool weapons has returned!!

in addition to the above, completeing certain levels on hard difficulty settings will also yield special wepons. your character - as in you the player - will also receive a castle. as you complete certain feats within the game your castle will morph to show your progress. in this way you'll be able to show off the fact you complete certain stages in hard and chaos modes as well as other feats. this sounds a lot better than trophies imo.

looks like the 'Other Characters' will be getting their own scenarios. not all the details are available yet, but Lu Bu is mentioned for starters. basically talk is of a Hero Scenarios as well as Legends scenarios. so for Hero's scenarios i'm thinking DW5 type mosou stages. and with Legends scenarios i'm thinking DW4 xtremem legends legends scenarios as well as DW5. so perhaps many of the characters will get their own special mosou stage. it is said these scenarios will include the seamless transitions between scenes that we've seen so far in DW7 story mode. if this includes all current DW7 characters as well as the new ones AND if these scenarios include 4 to 6 scenarios each i will definitely consider getting Xtreme legends.  

they are also adding the idea of 'general ranks' to the game. cool sounding idea. unfortunately with DW7 philosophy they've decided to cater to the lazy element of the gaming community and allow players to "buy" ranks for their characters. so effectively you would just use Lu Bu maxed out to raise a bunch of money in the most lucrative battle and buy your characters to max generalhood. sorry, but that option is always gay the days of working for your ranks has gone. what ever happened to giving lazy people the cheat codes to max out their characters?  wouldn't that accomplish the same thing and leave the real gaming to those of us who appreciate it?? japanese kids have become no less lazy than americans! a pity.

KOEI WARRIORS asked me to include this article link since this is where i got the info. 

wonzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 wonzan
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

I'll pass on this. I was quite bitter with the way they wanted to charge us and not the Japanese for the DLC. I haven't played DW7 in ages. I'm too busy playing other games if I have some PS3 time. I like bits of DW7 but it just didn't please me like I wanted itto.

Also, thanks for the heads up bruno!

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bruneauinfo

yeah, you notice how there isn't a time in DW7 where the enemy manages to widdle you down? you're either kicking butt or getting completely overwhelmed. the days of running around looking for meat buns is a thing of the past. the game moves as a linear machine. i recall in dw4 where you could chose from multiple paths, and when you could actually stop fighting and take a breather while the other troops fought on. now it feels more like you're part of an elite squad of fellow generals that envelope you like a friendly swarm. nice thought, but gay and stupid in practice. i no longer feel like i'm honing an officer. i no longer feel the need to drop back three levels and grind back to where i got stuck. 

i hate the idea of getting something for nothing. it's just not natural. and DW XL seems like it could be taking the game in that direction. whatever happened to the good old days of normal mode being difficult to defeat?

:cry: 

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
They should have a bunch on minigames, like DW-Golf, and DW-Party, and DW-Racing....... epic.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bruneauinfo

lol

yeah

Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Gaarakin2010
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
i sold my dw7, but i will have to be getting it again along with xtreme legends
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bruneauinfo

whaa?! really? why did you sell it?

Gaarakin2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Gaarakin2010
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
i sold it because i finished all stories and chronical mode, and couldnt be assed grinding for the last few achievements. also when i want another game i tend to sell what i have then buy it back a couple of months later ^^
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bruneauinfo

well you did buy it brand new. if you got 40 - 50% of the cost back and then bought it later at 25% or less the cost you wouldn't be losing anything i suppose.

Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Axel_77
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts
So, here's my one and only problem with this.....F***** mixjoy/disc swap -_- why can't they just make it a disc-based add-on like with Borderlands GOTY edition? Well honestly the whole "If it ain't broke don't fix it" applies I guess, I just think allowing us to put the data on our PS3 (no release yet for 360) would, in the long run be better.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruneauinfo

well it would be hard for them to justify selling it as high a price if we could just download it. 

we may not even see this thing come to the west.

Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Axel_77

well it would be hard for them to justify selling it as high a price if we could just download it. 

we may not even see this thing come to the west.

Bruneauinfo

In regards to it releasing in the West, Amazon says "Hi", and i think Insp. Chin and or Jsun from KW confirmed it would be, something I'll double check. Here's my reasoning for what I mentioned in my other post...in way of data size,  new maps I thought were only a hundred or so megabytes in size, no? And then charcters/models/voices, etc, can't be much more than that, and so that's why I reasoned it could've been done like Borderlands GOTY as that is 4GB of content able to be dl'd from a disc straight to your PS3 for not more than $20 extra, so my reasoning was why not let us just save the content from DW7XL straight to our PS3 from the disc, so we would still need to buy the damn thing, but not need to use it.

Or make it the other way around where the original becomes obsolete, but the problem with this way is that if they were to make the original obsolete no one would buy the original PS3 version as compared to the PS3 DW7XL Again, this is just reasoning and theorizing on my part so don't take anything I say in here seriously towards it, I just think it'd be better buisness wise to do it this way (7XL data being able to be saved to the HDD).

EDIT: This is just to say its more than likely they will release it here, but there is always that odd habit of theirs to wait to the last second and change their minds. http://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Warriors-Xtreme-Legends-Playstation-3/dp/B005DVAB28/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312965294&sr=1-1 

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bruneauinfo

interesting find. i hope the game adds some new functionality to the game that gives it some replay value!

Axel_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Axel_77
Free mode is back under another name suposedly, i'll double check that, but i think that is a fact :P
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bruneauinfo

when i said game the second time i was referring to the original dw7 game. but yeah, it would be nice if you could play through any mosou with any character from that legend.

it would also be cool if all characters had a totally unique combo package as well as weapon design.

it would also be cool if they reinstituted items like the tiger amulet, etc.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bruneauinfo

and looking closer at the home page of koei warriors it does indeed mention the amazon site. $40! and that's pre-order. probably the final price new though. i haven't gotten around to playing with over half the characters because i have shied away from the conquest mode. the thing that irks me about that mode is that the character you're actually playing as is YOU and not the DW character you're using. it plays more like a long series of demos than as a game. i hate that crap!

hopefully XL saves the day and gives us some replay and actual play value in the whole mix!

jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 jeffhardy141
Member since 2007 • 6151 Posts

Dang bruno beat me :P but still i was out for 3 months so oh well :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_U0ZxUgP3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_fIbZsZGo

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bruneauinfo

i have officially decided that i could care less about screenshots and video clips. all these have proven in the past is that they are not indicitive of the fun level of a game. besides, there are games which much better graphics and action sequences than anything DW has ever even dreamed of creating. 

with that i am basically admitting the only way i will be able to properly judge XL is to buy it and play it.

oh well.

:/

Â