DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4412 Posts
Assassin's Creed III will be set in Colonial America, according to purported promotional material for the game. Assassin's Creed III is due for release on October 30. Company CEO Yves Guillemot predicted it would be "the biggest launch in Ubisoft history." Read the entire story here Discuss!
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

There ends the trilogy of this game perhaps, it is a shame if they start to milk this series as it is good but the idea will be worn out if they keep just going to different historic events and do not tie up the modern day story. 

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts
A games company, milking its product, the shock, the horror lol. Of course they'll milk Assassin's Creed, it's a massive cash cow for them.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeadManRollin
Well, in my opinion, a templar character wielding tomahawks is damn funny and totally out of context. If they focus the story on a native American assassin guy, I have no issues. This character may have a separate storyline from Ezio and Altair--however, I have issues if the same people "decides" to visit America. I also fear a blatant desire for "milking" the franchise here.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garfield360uk

A games company, milking its product, the shock, the horror lol. Of course they'll milk Assassin's Creed, it's a massive cash cow for them.pai-may

True, I understand why it is done but I would prefer it not to be. I guess I can not criticise this when I buy Fifa every year and other titles (Call of Duty etc) but it just feels like this game could be killed in quality if they try and force the genre into areas it does not fit. However, I have some faith in this team and if they can make the American Revolution fit the experience or change the game to fit in with both universes then I will be interested to see what they can do. 

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pai-may

[QUOTE="pai-may"]A games company, milking its product, the shock, the horror lol. Of course they'll milk Assassin's Creed, it's a massive cash cow for them.Garfield360UK

True, I understand why it is done but I would prefer it not to be. I guess I can not criticise this when I buy Fifa every year and other titles (Call of Duty etc) but it just feels like this game could be killed in quality if they try and force the genre into areas it does not fit. However, I have some faith in this team and if they can make the American Revolution fit the experience or change the game to fit in with both universes then I will be interested to see what they can do. 

Never rated Assassins Creed anyway, so I dont really care either way. 
lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts

I really hope that this wraps up the Desmond story at the very least, I've always held that this should just be a Desmod game without a lot of the Animus stuff, but that was probably hoping for too much.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 garfield360uk

I really hope that this wraps up the Desmond story at the very least, I've always held that this should just be a Desmod game without a lot of the Animus stuff, but that was probably hoping for too much.

lim_ak

This was what I assumed the third game would be as well, I guess this will be Ubisoft cashing in on the game, although, saying that the leaked screenshots seem to show a different style of gameplay which may be welcome. 

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeadManRollin

lim_ak
Didn't they wrap up the Desmond storlyine in the "in between" games like Brotherhood and Revelation?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garfield360uk
I don't believe so, I have yet to play Revlations but my impression is it is building up to Desmond being an assassin in the modern day/future world.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pai-may
I don't believe so, I have yet to play Revlations but my impression is it is building up to Desmond being an assassin in the modern day/future world.Garfield360UK
What an awesomely cool name for an assassin - desmond, lol.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeadManRollin
[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]I don't believe so, I have yet to play Revlations but my impression is it is building up to Desmond being an assassin in the modern day/future world.pai-may

The name reminds me of an old comic book character called Rip Kirby. He had a butler named Desmond!
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pai-may
[QUOTE="pai-may"][QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]I don't believe so, I have yet to play Revlations but my impression is it is building up to Desmond being an assassin in the modern day/future world.DeadManRollin

The name reminds me of an old comic book character called Rip Kirby. He had a butler named Desmond!

It reminds me of a really bad old british comedy called Desmond's about a barber and his jamaican family. pretty awful.