hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
For whoever has been here for when unions just began, were they different then they are today? As a leader back then did you have more or less priveleges than before. Were there any features from that time that you miss today?
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I feel most unions are much more interesting in the beginning, because you're never quite sure what is to come next. Will the union be usefull to others? Will they like it? Will it still be around in a couple years? Stuff like that. And I feel that if the union is successful and useful to others, then it becomes more and more interesting with each day that passes, because it is growing, becoming more known throughout GS.

Some unions start out good, and end bad, and for others it is just the opposite. If the union starts out with a bad leader, and then the leader position is handed down to someone better, then it can totally turn a union around for the better. But that can go just the opposite way as well, yet I have not seen that happen too often.

From what i've seen, a union with a useful, helpful, and interesting purpose, will only get better with time.And the unions without those things, will slowly lose activity and fail.

I have a feeling, since this union is all about trying to help others with unions, and just discuss them in general, that this will be very successful.

Cheers

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hendrix29
well I was thinking more from back when the union feature was first introduced, if anyone from that time is around here.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

well I was thinking more from back when the union feature was first introduced, if anyone from that time is around here.hendrix29

Oh, I see what you mean. I haven't been here long enough to know, but it would be interesting to hear someone talk about that. When were unions first introduced to GS?

hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hendrix29

[QUOTE="hendrix29"]well I was thinking more from back when the union feature was first introduced, if anyone from that time is around here.J-Man725

Oh, I see what you mean. I haven't been here long enough to know, but it would be interesting to hear someone talk about that. When were unions first introduced to GS?

I think around March 2005.

atomicduck331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 atomicduck331
Member since 2007 • 675 Posts
oh yeah like the legend of zelda union got like 200 members in 1 day.i wish i was on gamespot back then my union would have like 2000 members by now
-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
For my union, me and my officers were hyped (since it was around some of the first unions they got promoted in, we were all like under level 10, lol)
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Im sure the unions were very similar in features back then, the only real new add on I've seen happen is the Videos tab. I think the main difference between then and now is it was probably very excited for the first unions and Im sure there were a lot of people joining them.