Rumour: Castlevania Collection for Wii and PSP!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Icemael
Member since 2008 • 4602 Posts

Link.

According to an anonymous source, Konami are currently working on a Castlevania collection for Wii and PSP. The collection will include all of the NES and SNES games, and possibly Symphony of the Night.

If this is true, I'll probably pick it up. Hell, I might even get both versions. The NES and SNES games aren't bad, and Symphony of the Night is a game you just can't own too many times.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

gimme

gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts
Hmm... you can download a lot of them already for the Wii, so if I were to get this I'd probably go with the PSP version.
Poltergeist86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Poltergeist86
Member since 2003 • 1888 Posts

gimme

gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme

semianonymous

I second that! gimmegimmegimmeeeeeeeee!!

Btw, I'll definitely for PSP.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i was just about to post this news and i can't wait
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts
If this is true, it'll finally give me a reason to pick up my PSP again.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Hmm... you can download a lot of them already for the Wii, so if I were to get this I'd probably go with the PSP version. Pixel-Perfect

depending on price... why choose??? :P

this said, is true most, actually all of them exc for Dracula X and SotN are already available on the Wii. Now if they were to put the CV from N64 :D:D:D ... No that it would stop me from having another CV game added in my collection :P

gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmesemianonymous

I third that and

btw: :lol:

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

Yes. :|

Now.

In my hands! 

ShaunyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 ShaunyP
Member since 2007 • 5803 Posts
Aw, man. No DS version? :(
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreggD
Member since 2004 • 6710 Posts
Aw, man. No DS version? :(ShaunyP
Yo be honest, I don't think they can fit all of that on there. Also, Nintendo now has all 16 and 64 bit Castlevania games on their console. The only thing they don't have is Symphony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

well, I read the article again after running into it in teh wii forums... and...

"Details are predictably sketchy but it would appear that the disc-based compendium will feature all of the 8-bit and 16-bit instalments, and may even include the 32-bit Castlevania: Symphony of the Night."

also..

"..... Rondo of Blood – which is expected on the Virtual Console soon – is also thought to be a possibility."

according to those part of the article is no JUST SNES and NES.. and if true will be one of the happiest day for CV fans (I think that Gregg may end up with a wii :P )

but as of now... I`m not hyped... it sounds to good to be true..

also I may add....  and if, and IF they put RoB is a MUST... thus I guess if that happens then RoB  is NOT coming to VC, it would not amke much sense.. unless of course some would rather pay US$10-12 for RoB than 40-50 for the copilation..

e1shw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 e1shw
Member since 2007 • 1664 Posts
This would be totally awesome and give me a solid reason to buy a PSP because then they would have a nice CV collection for PSP. And portable! :D
matthewd49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 matthewd49
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts
symphony of the night alone is enough of a reason for me to get this if it does come out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

symphony of the night alone is enough of a reason for me to get this if it does come out.matthewd49

indeed my friend.. indeed...

then again... RoB and the N64 will be NICE :lol:

Lard-Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lard-Head
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts

Brand new here (already made my introduction in the intro thread) but I saw this and can't help but jump right in on the drool fest. I also want it... bad.

Such a compilation would be FANTASTIC, especially since I don't currently have any Sony consoles, an X360, or any other platform that has a version of SotN on it (and as such have no way of re-playing SotN). Not to mention, there are really very few series that have 1) the number of titles across the timespan to warrant a compilation like this 2) the number of titles across the number of consoles to warrant such a compilation 3) such a consistently high production value (even across multiple genres) and of course 4) has such a loyal fanbase to warrant it. The only thing that I would be afraid of is that they might consider making a less than complete compilation (especially on Wii, although if the new generation of PSP is going to have other Castlevania titles amidst its DLC library it applies there too) to prevent self competition with DLC sales.

That said, there are some great titles that have never been re-released on modern systems and are begging to get on this compilation.

symphony of the night alone is enough of a reason for me to get this if it does come out.matthewd49

I also second this motion.

OmegaAce1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OmegaAce1313
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
Hmm... maybe Chang will finally play Bloodlines :D

Lets hope the rumors are true!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

@Lard: yea... they should put titles that are NO on the VC already... but like you said, and I comment something about it above: the problem is that this release would be a competition for the VC releases... if they release this and then release each game separetely, well how would buy them?

Unless they release tru here games with extra... dunno what could it be thus.

That is why for me this is still rumor... BOGUS in my list. It just do not make much sense.... BUT god I hope I`m wrong... as Omega said....

I`ll PLAY BLOODLINES!!!! :D:D

e1shw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 e1shw

@Lard: I totally agree with everything you were saying. But I would be over-joyed to have these title portable on PSP. :D I just wish that Nintendo and Sony would get over themselves and release the N64 CV's as well for any form. PSN, PSP, or Wii VC for that matter..... Guess we will just have to wait and see if it's true or not first. If it happens to be true they need to tell us something NOW! :cry:

I`ll PLAY BLOODLINES!!!! :D:D

chang_1910

You definately should and we will not leave you alone until you do. :P It is IMO the best classic console CV. Yes, I prefer Bloodlines over CV4. **Ducks to avoid flying objects** :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

:oops: is not that I do not want to.. is that noone has decide to release ANY COPY for ANY SYSTEM in NA :(

btw: I LOVE CV IV... but RoB is so far superb :P

e1shw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 e1shw
I haven't played RoB yet (now you can bug me back :P), but I have heard nothing but good things about it. I thought that Drac X was based off RoB?? Or are they two totally seperate games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I haven't played RoB yet (now you can bug me back :P), but I have heard nothing but good things about it. I thought that Drac X was based off RoB?? Or are they two totally seperate games? e1shw

yea.. Dracula X was based on RoB....  pretty much they could not bring the game from the PC to the turbo, bc it was a diying system here; and then some legal stuff, that I would not pretend to understand or know well, they could not move the same game to the others systems... so they did a "different" game, that it was nothing more than RoB with less characters and stuff...

RoB was consider a legend at the time... imo kind of like SotN on its era (the diffferent is that the era of SotN would pry never end, or at least is bigger/more appreciated than the one of RoB.. then again pry bc more ppl know SotN... )

BTW: try getting DXC... you can play RoB there (remade and original) .... me on the otehr hand... If they do not give me this collection AND INCLUDE Bloodlines, my chances of playing that one are next to squash... :?

e1shw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 e1shw
You can always play in on your "arcade cabinet" haha! :lol: I can lend you my "arcade cabinet" if needed. Now you have me wanting DXC even more......thanks chang! :P
Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 Genesis_123
Member since 2008 • 3948 Posts

This collection,WOW. I already play the dracula X collection to death and now this. What puzzles me though is why PSP and Wii? Both are from different developers and ones a handheld. It seems weird?

@Chang: I'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY BLOODLINES TOO :P 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Icemael
Member since 2008 • 4602 Posts
This collection,WOW. I already play the dracula X collection to death and now this. What puzzles me though is why PSP and Wii? Both are from different developers and ones a handheld. It seems weird?Genesis_123
I hardly think Konami cares who the console manufacturers are, and since the Wii and PSP are fairly close in terms of technical capabilities and the Castlevania series already has a history on both, it makes sense to release a collection for them.
Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#26 Genesis_123
Member since 2008 • 3948 Posts
Yeah, I guess you're right. Now that I think about it, SotN is in dracula X chronicles, which means I'll be able to have most of the classic castlevania games on a handheld! I really hope this thing is true!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Yeah, I guess you're right. Now that I think about it, SotN is in dracula X chronicles, which means I'll be able to have most of the classic castlevania games on a handheld! I really hope this thing is true!Genesis_123

we all do my friend, we all do...

and btw: good, I do not feel alone by Bloodline anymore :oops: :)