Gamegerdude0752

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamegerdude0752
Member since 2005 • 299 Posts

One of the good things about the Castlevania series are none other than the boss battles!! Some of them were, and still are easy for some of of the fans, and harder than hell for the rest of the fans of the series. So, I'm wondering which boss battles are the hardest??

I would have to say that the boss battle with the Forgotten One in Lament of Innocence was the hardest boss battle for me, because of the falling maggots that kept falling and jumping around, and the 3rd and final stage where you had to steer clear of the Forgotten One's fire attack that he uses on you after he inhales and brings the rocks down to try and crush you!!

Plus, the final battle between Christopher Belmont and Dracula in Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge was prettty hard and difficult for me as well, because of the orbs that he magically sent out to attack you, and the fact that he kept teleporting from one part of the battleground to the next.

exocel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#2 exocel
Member since 2005 • 266 Posts
im gonna have to say the grim reaper in aria of sorrow, though the secret boss in that game was easy as hell.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 propyro
Member since 2005 • 6736 Posts
The forgotten one was pretty easy for me once i figured out his pattern and how to avoid it. Mind you that took me a few days to figure out on it's own. The Bone Golem in Dracula X: Rondo of Blood was pretty hard because when you fight him you have no subweapon to help you out since your carrying a key so you can rescue Maria Renard. It may have also helped if i knew that you could stand on the things back while it was in it's turtle form charging you. And Frankenstine and Igor from the NES game were a real pain in the ass for me as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
deactivated-5992048d2d5ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 deactivated-5992048d2d5ba
Member since 2005 • 5165 Posts
Dracula from CotM aggravated the hell outta me.
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 Geusprime
Member since 2004 • 2263 Posts
Death in Castlevania III takes the cake. He's very fast, and throws scythes everywhere which are almost impossible to dodge. The only way I know to beat him is to do enough damage to him before he can get his flying scythes going.
propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 propyro
Danm ... that sounds pretty tough if you have to go for a sort of last ditch tactic like that.
Septagon7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Septagon7
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts
Balore- AoS
Final Dracula- CotM
Beezelbub- SotN
tyloidme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 tyloidme
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The hardest ever for me was the Cerberus in COTM, just because the first time I ever played, I wanted to get through it fast, so you know what that means, lack of leveling up. So he just murdered me. But otherwise, I get through them rather well.
venus577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 venus577
Member since 2003 • 1555 Posts
The Dragon Zombies and Final Dracula from CotM.  Other than getting hopelessly lost in SotN, those are the only time I've been stuck in a Castlevania for an extended period of time (a month or more).
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Geusprime
You guys should try Castlevania III. I'll make you cry tears of joy at how easy all the action/rpg style Castlevania games are.
OmicronPersei8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 OmicronPersei8
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts
I agree totally with Geusprime; Death from Castlevania III is an absolute terror. If you try to be patient and hesitate for a second, you are set for an unholy beat down. Once those Scythes get rolling, it's game. over. The Forgotten One from Lament of Innocence is VERY hard to defeat when you play as Joachim, as you cannot block any attacks and you cannot use any potions or magic. At first, you wail on The Forgotten One thanks to Joachim's killer offensive attack, but once he really starts pumping out maggots, once one gets lucky and hits you, you're pinballed around to the tune of significant energy loss. Took me a good twenty tries to finally nail him. Some others worth mentioning: Death- Castlevania I Doppelganger- Castlevania III (if you don't 'morph whip' him) Slogra/ Gaibon- Super Castlevania IV (simply because you can't afford to take any damage, as you have to fight Death RIGHT after them.
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Geusprime
[QUOTE="OmicronPersei8"]I agree totally with Geusprime; Death from Castlevania III is an absolute terror. If you try to be patient and hesitate for a second, you are set for an unholy beat down. Once those Scythes get rolling, it's game. over. The Forgotten One from Lament of Innocence is VERY hard to defeat when you play as Joachim, as you cannot block any attacks and you cannot use any potions or magic. At first, you wail on The Forgotten One thanks to Joachim's killer offensive attack, but once he really starts pumping out maggots, once one gets lucky and hits you, you're pinballed around to the tune of significant energy loss. Took me a good twenty tries to finally nail him. Some others worth mentioning: Death- Castlevania I Doppelganger- Castlevania III (if you don't 'morph whip' him) Slogra/ Gaibon- Super Castlevania IV (simply because you can't afford to take any damage, as you have to fight Death RIGHT after them.

I agree with OmicronPersei on every point he just made too. In fact The Forgotten One is the only Castlevania boss in the past 10 years or so that I've found insanely difficult (playing with Joachim of course).
ainge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ainge
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts
You guys should try Castlevania III. I'll make you cry tears of joy at how easy all the action/rpg style Castlevania games are.
Geusprime

Agreed. I thought Dracula was hard in CVIII as well. His individual parts weren't so hard, but put them all together and I get a little frustrated.
theonememo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theonememo
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Dracula from Dracula X on the Super Nintendo, I sure couldn't beat him on my first try.
ViviPHI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 ViviPHI
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

Death, immediately following the end boss of Lament of Innocence.  That guy did not make me happy.  But neither of them compare to Death in the original Castlevania.  Flying scythes are just evil....  Can I get some friends from this Union?

RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

It is a difficult battle to fight Walter directly before Death. . .  I think I just make it harder on myself because I don't usually let myself use any healing items.  The Forgotten One is another good challenge in Lament of Innocence.  Beating him with Joachim makes for a great fight.  Leon and Pumpkin have it a bit easier, since you can use healing items if you want.

propyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 propyro
When i was beating Lament for the first time I had beating walter down to a science, i was able to beat him without loosing any more than a quarter to 5/8's of my life and not using any healing items. It was death that kept screwing me over untill i got his attack patterns down. The forgotten one took me quite a while to learn with both Joachim and Leon, but made for a fun fight. I started playing as pumpkin but only made it through a few of the bosses before i moved on to another game. In the end i think i liked playing as Joachim a bit more than Leon.
RockmanSRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RockmanSRD
Member since 2004 • 5067 Posts

When i was beating Lament for the first time I had beating walter down to a science, i was able to beat him without loosing any more than a quarter to 5/8's of my life and not using any healing items. It was death that kept screwing me over untill i got his attack patterns down. The forgotten one took me quite a while to learn with both Joachim and Leon, but made for a fun fight. I started playing as pumpkin but only made it through a few of the bosses before i moved on to another game. In the end i think i liked playing as Joachim a bit more than Leon. propyro

I agree. . .  Playing as Joachim is really awesome.  He is arguably one of the best 'extra' characters I've ever played as in a Castlevania game.  He might even be one of the best bonus or secret characters of any game.

nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts
the forgotten one would have to be the hardest for me. i can name all the ones that game me hell, but he's still the one i can't beat. get so close, yet so far.
rbenchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 rbenchley
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts
The most trouble I ever had with a boss battle in a Castlevania game was Death from the original game.
Geusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Geusprime
The most trouble I ever had with a boss battle in a Castlevania game was Death from the original game.r_benchley
OMG TRI ACE!! OMG DISGAEA!!  :D
rbenchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 rbenchley
Member since 2004 • 198 Posts

[QUOTE="r_benchley"]The most trouble I ever had with a boss battle in a Castlevania game was Death from the original game.Geusprime
OMG TRI ACE!! OMG DISGAEA!!  :D

I'm glad to see that you like my taste in games:D  I'm going to be starting a tri-Ace union in the next few days, so if you're interested, you're more than welcome to join.  Spread the word to all other tri-Ace fans that you know.  I would love to also start unions for NIS games and the Megami Tensei games, but I believe you can only lead one union at a time unless unless you're taking over for a pre-existing union.

alucard1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 alucard1137
Member since 2006 • 2916 Posts
olrox from sotn