Union Award Show Renaissance *Voting Thread Open!*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Azaru32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Azaru32
Member since 2010 • 6234 Posts
I fully support the idea. Keep it up!
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts
I don't have the time to help with this :(
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I say yes, any bit of extra recognition for unions is a good thing.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 julian_jr
Member since 2007 • 83416 Posts
:lol: Gotei 13 and myself going take part of it. for sure! :) I might possible can help little bit?Nightmare-_-
Of course! We need everyone in to spread the word so that as many unions in gamespot know about this. Also, if you're interested Nightmare, you or anyone from your union who might be interested can become part of the team that will be doing the actual awards.
blobulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 blobulus
Member since 2010 • 2506 Posts
I can help with something.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 julian_jr
I can help with something.blobulus
Awesome! Blobulus, if you could, would you spread the word about this to unions that you know and other people? We created a simple little template that you can copy and past in the first post if you want to use that for creating a blog post about this.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 julian_jr
Ok, I think it's time we start also working on categories so that we can get this moving. Right now, until I think of a better way to organize this, I suggest we just post the categories that we should have in the awards. I'll probably either create a secondary thread just for the information, or edit the second post on here to make room for the information. Right now these are the categories I'm suggesting: -Union of the Year 2010 -Best Visual Union -Best OT/Discussion Union -Best Sports Union -Best First to Fight Union -Best New Union of 2010 -Best Community Assistance Union -Best Gaming Union
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
i think you should sticky this thread J.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 julian_jr
Good idea, I'll sticky it here in a minute. Aside from that, what categories would you suggest to have?
Avatar image for papermariofan57
papermariofan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 papermariofan57
Member since 2008 • 121960 Posts

-Most Dedicated Union- this would include all the work put inside of it to make it succesful, the base of the officers, how the union is handled, etc.
-Most Informative Union- That would be the best union that is often updating the frontpage with news, has a good presentation and is always up to the date.

And we could also give an award to the best leader and best officer, would be hard tho. 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 julian_jr
I really like the idea of most informative, the other however I'm a little unsure of. Let's see what other people say, cause if we a lot of people like it then let's have it. . ;)

As for best leader and best officer, I kinda like that idea, although at the same time feel that each union would vote on their own leader/officer to win that. Also certain leaders/officers may not be known by outside of their unions that much so it would be difficult to judge which when voting comes around.
blobulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blobulus
Member since 2010 • 2506 Posts
[QUOTE="blobulus"]I can help with something.julian_jr
Awesome! Blobulus, if you could, would you spread the word about this to unions that you know and other people? We created a simple little template that you can copy and past in the first post if you want to use that for creating a blog post about this.

I put it in my union.
alz619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 alz619
Member since 2006 • 2834 Posts
In 2007 Gamespot totally ditched unions all together. They stopped union levels. They Didn't even update the boards to the new design. I totally support this. If GS support the unions, the members will start flooding in.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 julian_jr
In 2007 Gamespot totally ditched unions all together. They stopped union levels. They Didn't even update the boards to the new design. I totally support this. If GS support the unions, the members will start flooding in.alz619
I don't know if gamespot will support unions or not, but this will hopefully allow the current unions to stand out more and put some life in unions.
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#65 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
Good idea, I'll sticky it here in a minute. Aside from that, what categories would you suggest to have?julian_jr
i will have to think of at least one to add. -Best Movie Union -Union With The Most Activity
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 julian_jr
[QUOTE="julian_jr"]Good idea, I'll sticky it here in a minute. Aside from that, what categories would you suggest to have?jediknight52501
i will have to think of at least one to add. -Best Movie Union -Union With The Most Activity

There's only one movie union out there though. :/
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nightmare-_-
Member since 2006 • 17420 Posts

Ok, I think it's time we start also working on categories so that we can get this moving. Right now, until I think of a better way to organize this, I suggest we just post the categories that we should have in the awards. I'll probably either create a secondary thread just for the information, or edit the second post on here to make room for the information. Right now these are the categories I'm suggesting: -Union of the Year 2010 -Best Visual Union -Best OT/Discussion Union -Best Sports Union -Best First to Fight Union -Best New Union of 2010 -Best Community Assistance Union -Best Gaming Unionjulian_jr

most friendly Union? and already did in Gotei 13 and my blogs :) 

I really like the idea of most informative, the other however I'm a little unsure of. Let's see what other people say, cause if we a lot of people like it then let's have it. . ;)

As for best leader and best officer, I kinda like that idea, although at the same time feel that each union would vote on their own leader/officer to win that. Also certain leaders/officers may not be known by outside of their unions that much so it would be difficult to judge which when voting comes around. julian_jr

I kinda agree with ya but it wont hurt to have some fun? :P eh?

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 julian_jr
Nightmare, would you like to be in the crew of people that will be creating the show and hosting this?
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nightmare-_-

Nightmare, would you like to be in the crew of people that will be creating the show and hosting this? julian_jr

hmm I can try? I'm not sure how I can be useful for that part?

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 julian_jr

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]Nightmare, would you like to be in the crew of people that will be creating the show and hosting this? Nightmare-_-

We need a group of people willing to be part of the show and to help count the votes and nominations when we start. We won't be using a standard poll since people can easily cheat on those.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nightmare-_-
[QUOTE="Nightmare-_-"]

[QUOTE="julian_jr"]Nightmare, would you like to be in the crew of people that will be creating the show and hosting this? julian_jr

We need a group of people willing to be part of the show and to help count the votes and nominations when we start. We won't be using a standard poll since people can easily cheat on those.

oh yeah, I can do those stuff once I got time :) why not!

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 julian_jr
oh yeah, I can do those stuff once I got time :) why not!Nightmare-_-
Alright, I'll add you to the first page, as one of the people that will be working on this. ;) Do you think anyone that you know might also be interested in being a part of the group that counts votes and is part of the show thread?
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Nightmare-_-

[QUOTE="Nightmare-_-"]oh yeah, I can do those stuff once I got time :) why not!julian_jr
Alright, I'll add you to the first page, as one of the people that will be working on this. ;) Do you think anyone that you know might also be interested in being a part of the group that counts votes and is part of the show thread?

hmm I 'll ask my bro Azaru32 and did you try connect to Naruto union's leader c-mill?

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 julian_jr
hmm I 'll ask my bro Azaru32 and did you try talk to Naruto union's leader c-mill?Nightmare-_-
Haven't yet, there's a ton of unions that I still haven't contacted or don't know of out there. I'd love to inform as many unions about this as possible so when we start the nominations and voting they will know about it and be able to vote as well. My plan is to get as many people voting when it comes time for it, and at the end of this the users in the gamespot unions will know which unions are the best right now for whatever they're looking for. ;)

Azaru is here in this union already lol. He'll be among those giving a helping hand to do this I think.
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Nightmare-_-

[QUOTE="Nightmare-_-"]hmm I 'll ask my bro Azaru32 and did you try talk to Naruto union's leader c-mill?julian_jr
Haven't yet, there's a ton of unions that I still haven't contacted or don't know of out there. I'd love to inform as many unions about this as possible so when we start the nominations and voting they will know about it and be able to vote as well. My plan is to get as many people voting when it comes time for it, and at the end of this the users in the gamespot unions will know which unions are the best right now for whatever they're looking for. ;)

Azaru is here in this union already lol. He'll be among those giving a helping hand to do this I think.

alright I asked all my officer at gotei 13. I personly would able have sfkm2 join us but he is really busy so I dont know for sure. I 'll see if anyone would stand out and help us.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 julian_jr
If not that's alright nightmare, I'm asking a few other people as well to see if any would like to join the crew. I think a team of 10 people should be a good amount to host this.

Could you contact the union leaders and unions that you know of and tell them about this event? We need as many people to know for an accurate awards show.

Ebbon_Valentia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#77 Ebbon_Valentia
Member since 2009 • 12780 Posts

I am a current officer at Gotei 13 as well as a Co-Leader for EAMGAU and am VERY interested in helping out wherever I can. You can ask dorthie2 (EAMGAU leader) and Nightmare-_- about my credentials and all that. I will be busy but I can definitely spare opinions and time for this sort of thing.

I've admin'd and modded before, as well. If you need coordination, design concepts and opinions, writing as well as just about anything else you can PM me and I'll tell you what I can do and how I can do it. I'm good for a lot of things and again fellow members who know me can vouche for me.

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 julian_jr
Hello ebbon! We'd love any help we can get. Right now we're still trying to figure what should be the possible categories to have for awards. We're going to make the awards show somewhat similar to the last one and have like a little skit when presenting the awards probably. I'll add you to the team. ;) One thing that would really help right now is giving feedback on which categories you think we should include in this year's awards show. We've got in the 2nd page the current possible ones but this is still subject for being changed soon. Aside from this, we need everyone to contact other unions to make them aware of this, so that they do not miss out on awards. We want all unions in gamespot that are active to participate.
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts
What can I do before my time is up? (Jan 18 )
Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nightmare-_-

If not that's alright nightmare, I'm asking a few other people as well to see if any would like to join the crew. I think a team of 10 people should be a good amount to host this.

Could you contact the union leaders and unions that you know of and tell them about this event? We need as many people to know for an accurate awards show.

julian_jr

I resign many union while ago but I 'll talk to c-mill when I got chance :) but most union I know that are dead.. beside Naruto, jedi and toon I think?

seem like my army is starting to coming :lol:

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 julian_jr
I resign many union while ago but I 'll talk to c-mill when I got chance :) but most union I know that are dead.. beside Naruto, jedi and toon I think?Nightmare-_-
Alright thanks Nightmare! I know that there are many smaller unions hidden out there that are actually surprisingly active. I've ran across a few before while lurking, but I can't remember the names of any right now. This is the reason why I think unions are not dying, I know that smaller active unions are out there.

I contacted asv so hopefully we will get a response from them soon, and have Toonami participating in the union awards, and as for the JCU, I think raim contacted them.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 julian_jr
What can I do before my time is up? (Jan 18 ) sfkm2
Hey sfkm! Right now we need everyone's opinion on possible award categories. I've got the current ones listed in the 2nd post of this thread. Do you know of any better categories which could be added or changed with a current one?
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sfkm2

Do I need to show my history record here in GS or something?

Edit: Ok. I think of some. 

Nightmare-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Nightmare-_-

[QUOTE="Nightmare-_-"]I resign many union while ago but I 'll talk to c-mill when I got chance :) but most union I know that are dead.. beside Naruto, jedi and toon I think?julian_jr
Alright thanks Nightmare! I know that there are many smaller unions hidden out there that are actually surprisingly active. I've ran across a few before while lurking, but I can't remember the names of any right now. This is the reason why I think unions are not dying, I know that smaller active unions are out there.

I contacted asv so hopefully we will get a response from them soon, and have Toonami participating in the union awards, and as for the JCU, I think raim contacted them.

alright sound good :) I 'll watch out for them as well. 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 julian_jr
Do I need to show my history record here in GS or something?sfkm2
No, there's no need, I know you've been around for a while just by looking at level and post count lol. :P I'm looking for opinions on what to have as award categories though. Do you think the current ones are alright or should we change some?

Also what do you think of possibly having a union leader and officer award?
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sfkm2

The currents are just fine. We need more though.

Union Leader and Officer Award. Like Nightmare said. Go ahead and try if it works. I mean in 2006-2008, I can name alot of active union leaders and officers. Now. It down to a few. So it depends. 

Favorite Top 25 View Union (We know who the #1 is, but half of us know it not our favorite union. Same goes for the other 24. So the people will pick one of the top 25.)
Favorite Union Banner (I guess unions have to sign up for this)

I think of more later tonight. My brain hurts from doing errands early today. 

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 julian_jr
Should we add a "Union that should be GS Endorsed" category this year, or do you all think that the Most Informative Union could represent that? There's a chance that if this becomes successful then the gaming unions could benefit greatly by getting noticed by staff members once more.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 julian_jr

The currents are just fine. We need more though.

Union Leader and Officer Award. Like Nightmare said. Go ahead and try if it works. I mean in 2006-2008, I can name alot of active union leaders and officers. Now. It down to a few. So it depends. 

Favorite Top 25 View Union (We know who the #1 is, but half of us know it not our favorite union. Same goes for the other 24. So the people will pick one of the top 25.)
Favorite Union Banner (I guess unions have to sign up for this)

I think of more later tonight. My brain hurts from doing errands early today. 

sfkm2
I'll add those two to the list. ;) We need to remember not to add too many awards since in previous years there were only about 10 awards. I'll add all the possible categories for now, and later we can all discuss which should stay and which should be removed.
sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 sfkm2
So we want it short for categories?
kittygus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kittygus
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts
i think I could help with this. What would you need me to help with?
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 julian_jr
So we want it short for categories? sfkm2
I'd say about 8-10 categories like in the past. ;) Some categories I'm unsure of at the moment, like best sports union since I'm not sure if any are around at the moment (unless Soccer Addict still exists), so there's a chance that some categories may be removed before we truly start.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#92 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
I will definitely help out if I can, I'll just need to know what I oughta do. :P
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 julian_jr
i think I could help with this. What would you need me to help with?kittygus
kitty could you tell the leaders in the other unions you are in about this? We want all kinds of unions to know about this and participate. Also, what do you think of the possible categories in the second post? Do you recommend anything different?
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#94 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I've seen two blogs and two union topics about this. Word is spreading fast.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 julian_jr
I will definitely help out if I can, I'll just need to know what I oughta do. :PCloud_765
Cloud! :D Would you like to be a part of the team that will be hosting the show and working with the votes/nominations? Also there's something else I gotta PM you about. ;)
Avatar image for the-silent-hero
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#96 the-silent-hero
Member since 2009 • 27646 Posts
I'll help, gladly.
julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 julian_jr
I've seen two blogs and two union topics about this. Word is spreading fast. mariostar0001
Yes! That's what we need! :D We've already began thinking of possible award categories in the second post mario. Is there anything that you would recommend to add or remove from the list? We want to have around 8-10 categories for awards, to make it similar to how it used to be in the past.
kittygus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 kittygus
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts
Also, what do you think of the possible categories in the second post? Do you recommend anything different?julian_jr
What about, Best Fan Club?
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#99 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]I will definitely help out if I can, I'll just need to know what I oughta do. :Pjulian_jr
Cloud! :D Would you like to be a part of the team that will be hosting the show and working with the votes/nominations? Also there's something else I gotta PM you about. ;)

I can try to. I usually don't get online like I used to, but I can definitely help so long as I know what I'm doing. :P

julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 julian_jr
I can try to. I usually don't get online like I used to, but I can definitely help so long as I know what I'm doing. :PCloud_765
It'll be pretty much setting up the hosting thread by creating a small skit, and also working with votes/nominations since we will need a team of people to count them.