dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16028 Posts

I'd like to ask a hypothetical question. If Jesus Christ walked into the room you're currently in and he was willing to answer any questions you posed to him, what would you ask him? For the sake of being clear, let's assume that he came to you in human form.

First and foremost I would ask if he is/was the jewish messiah. I would later ask him what some of his parables meant (I'm confused by some of them).

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

I'd ask him about what happened with the resurrection thing and about the extent to which the Gospels accurately reflect historical events.

Then I'd move on to the metaphysical stuff and ask about his divinity, if God exists and is his biolgical father and if I could have a chat with him about things in regards to his superintendence or lack thereof of the Universe.

After I've discussed things with God I suppose I would have to consider whether or not he is worthy of worship or contempt. I've never had the opportunity to have such a discussion though so I have to suspend judgement on that matter.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

I know this may sound odd but nothing comes to mind.  Sure there are theological questions I would someday like answered but I do not feel like there are any major questions not already answered in Scripture.  If I were able to have a conversation with Jesus, I would not want to be the one asking questions being that I would much rather have him dictate the conversation.

To be honest, I do not even believe I'd be able to even speak.  All I can really even imagine myself doing is stare at him awkwardly as I try to ingrain his image into my brain...

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Is homosexuality immoral and why.

Needless to say if he told me "yes it is because x, y, z" I would consider him an idiot.

So I wouldnt be asking to learn what is supposedly right or wrong but to hear Jesus's rationale.

Oh and what are the criteria for someone entering heaven.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

Do you agree or disagree with the image of the Catholic Church and the course it has taken since it's inception?

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Why is homosexuality wrong?

Why is fornication wrong?

Is hell really fire and brimstone or is that just metaphorical?

What do you think about Muhammad? 

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
explain the existence of evil . . .
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

I'd like to ask a hypothetical question. If Jesus Christ walked into the room you're currently in and he was willing to answer any questions you posed to him, what would you ask him?

dracula_16
"Please forgive me?" I'm a Christian. It's what we do. :)
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16028 Posts

I know this may sound odd but nothing comes to mind. Sure there are theological questions I would someday like answered but I do not feel like there are any major questions not already answered in Scripture. If I were able to have a conversation with Jesus, I would not want to be the one asking questions being that I would much rather have him dictate the conversation.

To be honest, I do not even believe I'd be able to even speak. All I can really even imagine myself doing is stare at him awkwardly as I try to ingrain his image into my brain...

mindstorm

Well, if you didn't want to talk, you could take him to Home Depot. I bet he'd be enthralled by how far wood working has come (being that he and his step dad were carpenters). :P

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts
I'd ask him if he'd noticed the elephant in the room with us.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#11 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts
I'd ask him if he'd noticed the elephant in the room with us.RationalAtheist
Well played sir.:lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I would want to ask him a question that I would get moderated for stating on this forum, considering that the question would imply an insult against Jesus and GameSpot does not take insults against religious figures lightly. The question I substitute with is, "Can you defend your philosophy and ethics against the scrutiny of reason? If so, explain." If he wants to be more specific, I would ask him how a society would operate if they forgave one another and turned the other cheek.