What are your thoughts about the world and your life?

• 49 results
Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts
Yes I'm sure it must have comprised of constructive criticism. And I'm sure you left said Band because you get tired of the charade, and not because, oh say, a Christian member joined it or anything. Right?

I'm sorry, I don't like to point out flaws in people. We all have flaws and maybe I should have chosen more polite words to express myself. I just found it kind of disingenuous to call me out for my statements when you, yourself have made similar ones in the past. Forgive me if I don't have knowledge of everything. I'm only 18 currently studying at University.

SpinoRaptor24

You came here claiming to have absolute knowledge that Islam is the "best" religion, so please don't go all coy on me now!

Your "constructive" criticism about people not following their faith and spoiling their land didn't sound very constructive to me. I left my punk band (some 27 years ago) to expand my musical horizons. Curiously, I did join another band soon afterwards that folded almost immediately because the singer "found God" and asked me to go play in church with him instead. I've obviously not got tired of "the charade", since I'm still playing to an audience (i.e. you) about the senselessness of faith.

You not liking to do things doesn't seem to stop you doing them! Let's get back to your particular religious intolerence, shall we? Would you like to explain how these people don't follow the rules (that you yourself said you don't really understand) and spoil their land?

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#52 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I never said I have "absolute knowledge of Islam". I merely stated that Islam was the best Religion through my knowledge of the Bible, Torah and Quran, and that the Quran seemed to be the truest of the three.

Perhaps I was being inconsiderate when I made such statements and I do apologise if I offended anyone. Note that it wasn't my intention to do so. Many followers of Religions openly reject or dismiss their own laws found in their books. For example; the Bible forbids making pictures or statues of creatures, yet we see countless Christians making statues and pictures of Jesus (peace be upon him). In fact, it's pretty much accepted as a norm by them, even though it goes against their beliefs. Same goes for eating Pork. I could go on, but I don't feel like this related to this thread, so I won't (unless you want me to)

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

I never said I have "absolute knowledge of Islam". I merely stated that Islam was the best Religion through my knowledge of the Bible, Torah and Quran, and that the Quran seemed to be the truest of the three.

Perhaps I was being inconsiderate when I made such statements and I do apologise if I offended anyone. Note that it wasn't my intention to do so. Many followers of Religions openly reject or dismiss their own laws found in their books. For example; the Bible forbids making pictures or statues of creatures, yet we see countless Christians making statues and pictures of Jesus (peace be upon him). In fact, it's pretty much accepted as a norm by them, even though it goes against their beliefs. Same goes for eating Pork. I could go on, but I don't feel like this related to this thread, so I won't (unless you want me to)

SpinoRaptor24

I never said you had "absolute knowledge of Islam". I merely stated that you absolutely thought Islam was the "best" religion. Is Islam being "truest" enough? Might'nt there be something even truer?

I'm glad you are showing some consideration over the public statement of your views. I think you confuse worshipping false idols with making decorative statues. But I do find the whole "pork" thing strange too about Christians. I could go on also! The thread is about "thoughts about the world and your life" so we could just go mad and have a jam! Only isn't there something in the Quran about associating with infidels?