7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts

I recently saw a movie "Fireproof" where Kirk Cameron(crocoduck) playes a character who doesn't have much faith in religion and is about to get divorced by his wife. I think It's safe to say he is not that much in to her either. His father on the other hand is a biased christian and tries to help him repair his marriage, through Jesus. In fact he says to KC that he has no hope of repairing his marriage without jesus in his heart and then he goes on to say it not possible to love without first accepting jesus. It was a bit offensive to me.

The conversation goes something like this:

Kirk Cameron(Crocoduck Guy)

NOTE: It's an mp3 file (no virus or worms!)

Kirk Cameron and his Crocoduck...

A lot of people goes through divorces and this movie strategically targets this particular aspect of life to make the brain-bashing lot more effective, especially when it says we are incapable of love without jesus...

I got nothing against a couple trying to kiss and make up but this movie actually tries really hard to evangelise under the guise of couples therapy.

This part of the movie is really stupid...

>>>When his dad says he has to eliminate all diversions to be able to truely focus on repairing his marriage, he took his PC, the one he was using for online dating, out in the yard and bashed! it with a baseball bat, first the monitor and then the CPU. I was like WTF? :| I have no idea why he couldn't just stay of the site, but had to totally obliterate his PC as if it was an evil thing ...

So, what are you thoughts on this?

Stryder1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Stryder1212
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

It's a dirty way to boost your flock IMO. Such subliminal pot-shots might as well be saying "If you're not (insert religion here) you're (insert punishment here)."

But, it works. So why would they stop?

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
These televanglists make me sick.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I pay them no mind.  They have "products" to sell, nothing more in my mind.  By the same tolken I watch and read Bill Maher like he's the second coming so (FEB 20th! Return of Real Time in the States) I'm just as guilty.  My only objection is that many in the mainstream news and media treat the US citizens like we automatically believe in God.  But that's not coming undone anytime soon.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I pay them no mind.  They have "products" to sell, nothing more in my mind.  By the same tolken I watch and read Bill Maher like he's the second coming so (FEB 20th! Return of Real Time in the States) I'm just as guilty.  My only objection is that many in the mainstream news and media treat the US citizens like we automatically believe in God.  But that's not coming undone anytime soon.btaylor2404
I agree with the bolded.  The bring up God and Jesus like they are absolute facts.  Annoys me.