Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#51 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

I hope so, but I have no idea.

I will say, however, that I firmly believe that if souls do exist, then humans are most certainly not the only creatures to have them.

GabuEx

I can agree with this 100%.  I do hope so, though again I have no clue, and we cannot be the only creatures with souls if there are souls.  I guess you and I see the animal world in the same light.

Indecipherable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Indecipherable
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

I will say, however, that I firmly believe that if souls do exist, then humans are most certainly not the only creatures to have them.

btaylor2404

I can agree with this 100%.  I do hope so, though again I have no clue, and we cannot be the only creatures with souls if there are souls.  I guess you and I see the animal world in the same light.

So can I. Having pets that I absolutely love, I find it very difficult to accept they are soulless. This is also true the other way around. If they don't have a soul, then neither have I.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

btaylor2404

I can agree with this 100%. I do hope so, though again I have no clue, and we cannot be the only creatures with souls if there are souls. I guess you and I see the animal world in the same light.

Yeah, i think it's very elitist to think we would have a soul and nothing else.
danwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 danwallacefan
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

GabuEx
how do you know that?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#55 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

how do you know that?danwallacefan

Because I cannot imagine anything that would constitute evidence of a soul that can be seen in humans but not animals. They are perfectly capable of pain, pleasure, emotions, communication, and self-awareness too. Not all of them exhibit all of those traits - but certainly at least some of them do.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
And speaking of animals with souls...
DarkNinja08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 DarkNinja08
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
I don't believe in a soul. I personally think that the concept of the soul was created in a time when human understanding had not developed to the stage that it could explain the processes taking place in the brain. This leads me to the conclusion that nothing survives the death of an individual. However, as a physics student, I think it's worth mentioning that one of the fundemental laws of physics states that energy cannot be lost or gained, only transferred. Since all of the energy in the universe originated in the Big Bang, it could be argued that we have always existed and will never really cease to exist.