Plzhelpmelearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Plzhelpmelearn
Member since 2010 • 1270 Posts
Would anyone possible be interested in something like this. We could compile a list of books and just work our way down it while having regular meetings to discuss points brought up in said books. Any books dealing with topics pertinent to atheism would be fair game. The only possible problem I could see would be the fact that many of us are on different levels. The solution would be to start with more introductory literature and work our way up into more nuanced complex stuff. What say all of you? Do you have the time for something like this?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'd be interested if the topics spanned more things than just atheism. More realistically, I'd think we could read books about anything pertaining to religion or philosophy, and then discuss, with a focus on its pertinence to atheism or the atheist community. For instance, we could read a book from the Bible (everyone should have easy access to the Bible) and then discuss not only our hermeneutical interpretation of what is written, but how the book has influenced certain people to think certain things.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
I think for me having various recommendations put up on the what are you reading thread is about as far as I can be bothered going. By all means make a topic about a particular book that you think is discussion worthy (Fox does it all the time) and give us your thoughts. Books can be great topic starters but I wouldn't really be into a book club.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
I wouldn't up for one, but if certain individuals like to form one, that's fine with me.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I think for me having various recommendations put up on the what are you reading thread is about as far as I can be bothered going. By all means make a topic about a particular book that you think is discussion worthy (Fox does it all the time) and give us your thoughts. Books can be great topic starters but I wouldn't really be into a book club.domatron23

I'd definitely be down for that over reading countless more books than I already want to... >_>

Just wait till you see my next topic. Though, the topic title I want is censored.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
I don't think I'd have the time to participate in it regularly, but I wouldn't mind doing what Fox suggested. I'd be very interested in that, since I have a Bible. :)