dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16046 Posts

Being double minded is the same thing as duplicity or hypocrisy. A person who is double minded lives his/her life with some degree of deceit; they want to do one thing, but want to be seen as something different. The opposite of this is single mindedness; someone who portrays himself/herself the same way as they are in their heart, in the closet, in the bathroom, in their house alone, in front of strangers, etc.

I will admit that I am to a small degree. I sometimes view women as sexual objects, but I try to hide it because it would otherwise hinder my ability to have friendships with girls. It's something that I want to improve on. :(

Are any of you double minded?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I'd probably insist that everyone is to an extent. No one relates *exactly* everything that goes on in their mind on the outside, and everyone probably has something that they are embarrassed about. I'm no different. I know for a fact that I am going to have an entirely different persona when I teach, because there is no way my current personality is going to be able to get up in front of 100 adults and be capable of getting out words, let alone words they can learn with. Though, I don't have much confidence around lots of people, and it is something I've come to live with, I am an INFJ anyways, so I'm psychologically oriented for more personal communication.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
To a small degree, yes.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts

I'd probably insist that everyone is to an extent. No one relates *exactly* everything that goes on in their mind on the outside, and everyone probably has something that they are embarrassed about. I'm no different. I know for a fact that I am going to have an entirely different persona when I teach, because there is no way my current personality is going to be able to get up in front of 100 adults and be capable of getting out words, let alone words they can learn with. Though, I don't have much confidence around lots of people, and it is something I've come to live with, I am an INFJ anyways, so I'm psychologically oriented for more personal communication.foxhound_fox

I would argue that really is a good thing. 

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
I think everyone is an individual, but in society, people must conform and therefore, will convey a certain image which society finds acceptable. I admit, I do act different depending on whom I am with, but it's only because I instinctively have to in order to get around. I don't really mind it, as I know who I am and what image I give off.