You can now pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV on PSN!

#1 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

Good news everybody! The upgrade to Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available June 3rd on PSN and June 4th on Xbox Live.

Right now you can pre-order this upgrade only on PSN and get an exclusive theme and a free costume set for the new characters.

I'm super excited! I can't wait to get my hands on the newly added mechanics and tweaks to my main characters.

#2 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

This is what ? a stand alone ? or an upgrade/dlc to which street fighter 4?

#3 Posted by SapSacPrime (8737 posts) -

This is coming to the PC later right? I may pick it up, haven't played SFIV in years now.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (25949 posts) -

I think I have Super SFIV from PS+ but I'm not sure.

#5 Posted by DocSanchez (1566 posts) -

Another rip off by the masters of it.

#6 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

It's an upgrade and it brings all versions of Super Street Fighter IV up to date.

So if you didn't upgrade to Arcade edition, don't worry. You don't have to spend money on both upgrades, just this new one.

#7 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17341 posts) -

You're a little too excited about them taking this long to get their game right.

#8 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

It's an upgrade and it brings all versions of Super Street Fighter IV up to date.

So if you didn't upgrade to Arcade edition, don't worry. You don't have to spend money on both upgrades, just this new one.

Ohh that's great then.. good thing i never got the arcade edition.

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3481 posts) -

How many times do they need to do this?

#10 Edited by dovberg (3348 posts) -

No I can't because I traded it in towards a kinect free xboxb one ;) I'll do it on steam thank you very much. Old gen games with next gen graphics, the best way to go.

#11 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

You're a little too excited about them taking this long to get their game right.

I'm appreciative of their efforts to balance what is already one of the most balanced fighting games in the industry. Most other fighters would be left alone by now, but they continue to support this game and it's community.

It's also a heck of a lot better to get an upgrade to a game you love every two or so years than having to shell out 60 dollars for slight variations on a franchise every single year.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

i have lost track of this series and all it's revisions.

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6961 posts) -
#14 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24919 posts) -

If I remember correctly you don't need Arcade Edition if you already have Super for this.

Also Be glad this is an Update to that game and not a Stand Alone.

#15 Posted by Aljosa23 (24750 posts) -

ITT people who aren't the demographic for this bitching

#16 Edited by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Ultra Street Fighter IV

This game has more versions than a single Pokemon game.

#17 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

They can't help it.

#18 Edited by lunar1122 (665 posts) -

whats so special about it? pure copy and paste from Street fight x tekken into street fighter 4?

#19 Posted by farrell2k (5809 posts) -

This series was the shit back in the day. It's just boring now.

#20 Posted by Nap215 (53 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: You can actually get it as a upgrade if you own Super or Arcade Edition next month or get the retail copy in August. Capcom did that with Arcade Edition three years ago.

#21 Edited by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Super Ultra Mega game milkage # 4......for the 73rd time on the same game that still has 4 in the title somehow......

#22 Posted by hoplayletsplay (978 posts) -

So much hate lol. For people who never played a game in series IV before, you can get a ridiculous amount of content for just $40, including all the DLC you'd have to pay separately.

Then there's the option for people who stopped playing to pick up the game again with new gameplay mechanics for $15.

Even though I may not upgrade to Ultra myself, the deal is really not as bas as most of you make it out to be. I see it as Capcom trying to expand the franchise to more gamers rather than simply miking it.

The only bad iteration is Arcade edition.

For gamers who never really played a fighting game, this is a great opportunity.

#23 Posted by KBFloYd (13190 posts) -

wake me up when sf5 is out... oh and put it on wiiu or 3ds or else i dont give a shit.

#24 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4748 posts) -

As it figures, idiots hate on a $15 update to a fighting game.

#25 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4804 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

#26 Posted by edwardecl (2118 posts) -

Can't wait for...

Ultra Super Street Fighter Alpha IV Turbo: Arcade Edition II

#27 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

@lunar1122 said:

whats so special about it? pure copy and paste from Street fight x tekken into street fighter 4?

-Balancing readjustments made to the entire roster

-Two new game changing mechanics introduced (Red Focus and delayed wake-up)

-An entirely new set of trials for the entire roster

-Brand new modes and features including online training mode, online fight request, and a mode where you can pit any version of any character against another.

-5 new fighters

Completely redefining an entire game is a hell of a superb deal for only $15.

#28 Posted by nini200 (9606 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

wake me up when sf5 is out... oh and put it on all consoles or else i dont give a shit.

pretty much this

#29 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Capcom and Street Fighter, the original milk it until nothings left. As for those who say bitching is people that don't care about the game this is WHY I stopped caring about SF. I just want to buy the game, which a lot of other fighters do. And why always new editions for upgraded mechanics. can they not just patch it for those of us who do not care about multiple palette sets?

#30 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8769 posts) -

More interesting information: Capcom has released the current change list for the console version of Ultra Street Fighter 4

#31 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24919 posts) -

@charizard1605: And Those Versions have been Released through out the entire Gen. The only legitimate Complaint people should be giving about Street Fighter IV anymore is that Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV transition. Everything else Arcade Edition and Now Ultra is just an Update to Super and if you just have Super, If I recall, all you need is Ultra and you got everything Arcade Edition got and more.

3D Edition is just some stupid Marketing ploy to say "It's Street Fighter IV on the 3DS".