sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Wow 1 million something people actually bought this anime trash jrpg. Plot is equivalent to low budget anime story writing, battle system is meh and side quest in this game is utter shit. Either Kill enemy or bring back stuff. Even I cannot believe I actually spent 80 hours forcing myself to finish this dumpster of a game, was first game on my Nintendo Switch.

Being attached with Nintendo and first game surprise critical success did this game wonders. Congrats hope we never see this kind of sequel again!

Source:

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-has-sold-1-73-million-copies-worldwide/

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

80 hours? That seems like a lot of hours to play on a game you don’t like.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Pretty shit number to be honest.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44196 Posts

Nice. I really enjoyed the game myself. I’m happy that it did well. Definitely looking forward to another Xenoblade game whenever that may be.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sakaiXx

@TheMadGamer: was one of my first Nintendo Switch game and everyone kept on telling me Chapter 4 or 5 is where things get good. Its not good infact its shit and it gets worst by the time you reach chapter 7 where they use the worst anime troupe in existence for plot. 80 hours divided in about 6 month span it took my to finish this and regretted every single bit of it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakaiXx

@Random_Matt: heavily marketed by Nintendo it is pretty abysmal but its a JRPG. Very rare for JRPG not named Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest to surpass 1m.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

@sakaixx: Yeah, you would have been better off with Mario Odyssey or Zelda as a first game for the Switch.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sakaiXx

@TheMadGamer: I dislike Mario hence why I bought this game instead alongside Zelda BoTW. Probably should just bought that Mario game

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#9 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5253 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@Random_Matt: heavily marketed by Nintendo it is pretty abysmal but its a JRPG. Very rare for JRPG not named Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest to surpass 1m.

The Pokemon RPGs outsell them all.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx

@onesiphorus: sure.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

not bad. I did find it the most dissapointing of the 3 xenoblade games though.

the combat isn't great, the story is pretty meh (it does pick up but it takes a LONG time to pick up), the world certainly lacks the wow factor of the first 2. i get the sense that the game was a bit rushed through production....and that it was made by a B team at monolithsoft while many of the A team were assisting with BOTW.

its not terrible its not the xenoblade i would recommend.

hopefully they find their form again for their next game. i'm still looking forward to that.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

That's impressive considering it's a Switch exclusive.

Still can't believe how many of these have sold. I've slated this game on a number of occasions.

How on earth have you managed to endure 80 hours of pure garbage when you could have spent those 80 hours on other Switch games.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

I complete the game, but looking back, it wasn't that good....

And it was the cringy side of anime, I can understand why it didn't do so well.

Underage kid has two orbs shaped as sexy 20 year old woman with giant tits and skimpy clothes, for some reason like this annoying twat with an annoying accent .... All the other collectable orb monsters are woman, or furries or some mix.

Gameplay had some depth, but it felt like it was designed by someone on meth.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Trash looking game. Nintendo needs to stop wasting resources on Xenoblade and give me a new Paper Mario, Mario Golf and Wave Race.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakaiXx

@omegamaster said:

How on earth have you managed to endure 80 hours of pure garbage when you could have spent those 80 hours on other Switch games.

80 hours in span of 6 month and I generally tends to try to finish my game. Also was one of my first switch game so I tried to like it after hearing positive news about it. Should never trust those Nintendo fanboys, their hunger for games due to Wii U drought caused them to go blind and loves trash like Xenoblade 2. They all say it gets good at chapter 5, its shit.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Game has a cool concept, but that's about it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

Let's start this off by saying that I'm not someone who considers himself a Xenoblade fan, I do like the games in general though, it's a series with a lot of okay-ish aspects, and a few god-tier aspects that make it all worth your while. It's also helped by the fact that it's unique enough that it scratches an itch no other series can.

My take on Xenoblade Chronicle 2 is for the most part a wonderful, enjoyable experience that offers a whole lot of fun characters, a decent story, great gameplay and plenty of stuff to do, and most things you do feel rewarding. But on the other hand, it has some serious issues that often leads to frustration, and there are times where I just want to shelf the game and never look at it ever again. And yet, I keep coming back for more lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Make a X-2 please. I have no interest in anything else

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I really enjoyed the game, and I’m usually not into anime. The graphics were a bit rough but overall I liked the style, the music and locations were wonderful and the gameplay fairly addicting. The story was a bit far-fetched for me but still enjoyable enough.

I even bought the DLC and spent around 150 hours shared between both.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8415 Posts

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i still havnt bought it yet :P

but i plan to one day.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omegaMaster
@sakaixx said:
@omegamaster said:

80 hours in span of 6 month and I generally tends to try to finish my game. Also was one of my first switch game so I tried to like it after hearing positive news about it. Should never trust those Nintendo fanboys, their hunger for games due to Wii U drought caused them to go blind and loves trash like Xenoblade 2. They all say it gets good at chapter 5, its shit.

I see. Well, there's Final Fantasy on the Switch now. Why not give those ago? They are far better and superior to Xenoblade 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Congrats to Monolith Soft. Great game that deserves good sales (for a jrpg).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
@TheMadGamer said:

Even those who hate Bethesda games put many hours into them anyway.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Fake alt posts.

Lol!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Good for Monolith... Decent game, but nothing outright awe-inspiring. I just hated that it suffered in the more open areas, with notable down-res and performance hits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@TheMadGamer said:

Even those who hate Bethesda games put many hours into them anyway.

I can admit, I did put a lot of hours into Skyrim on Xbox One remastered and have over 80 hours.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sakaiXx

@omegamaster: they are far superior than Xenoblade 2. Personally I play FF exclusively on PlayStation, it just felt right to play FF on it. Anyhow I dont have much to play on switch anymore, the drought is real for me hope there is so good news soon.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Grats to Xeno! I LOVE Xenobalde Chronicles 2 (I have over 150 hours on it). So much better than that complete trash pile Final Fantasy 15. Ah how I miss the glory days of Final Fantasy (Tactics,1,3,4,5, 6, and of course 9)

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mojito1988

@sakaixx said:

@TheMadGamer: was one of my first Nintendo Switch game and everyone kept on telling me Chapter 4 or 5 is where things get good. Its not good infact its shit and it gets worst by the time you reach chapter 7 where they use the worst anime troupe in existence for plot. 80 hours divided in about 6 month span it took my to finish this and regretted every single bit of it.

Getting baited into playing something you hate? Grow past that asap. Never done that never will. Just play what you like period.

I bought God of War for example. Most people LOVE it, I did not enjoy it, so I stopped 4 hours in never to be played again. Same with Final Fantasy 15. Complete trash game for me. Some people love it, could not possibly care less. Played in for 3 hours then done.

Life is best lived not worrying about what others like or try to tell you that you should like. Just be you.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sakaiXx

@mojito1988 said:

Getting baited into playing something you hate? Grow past that asap. Never done that never will. Just play what you like period.

I bought God of War for example. Most people LOVE it, I did not enjoy it, so I stopped 4 hours in never to be played again. Same with Final Fantasy 15. Complete trash game for me. Some people love it, could not possibly care less. Played in for 3 hours then done.

Life is best lived not worrying about what others like or try to tell you that you should like. Just be you.

Sure bud whatever you say.

Anyhow was just getting swept up by the hype of the Switch and game. I love jrpg and generally tries to finish my game. Good for you.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mojito1988

@sakaixx said:
@mojito1988 said:

Sure bud whatever you say.

Anyhow was just getting swept up by the hype of the Switch and game. I love jrpg and generally tries to finish my game. Good for you.

Same here. I love JPGS as well. That is why I love SNES, DS, Ps1 and Ps2 so much. Those were the glory days of JRPGs.

As for hype, it is best when it comes from within imo. Everyone has such varied tastes that there is no way outside influences and truly know what you like. That is what makes games and gamers so awesome! We are all so different, yet we share this amazing hobby. Game on! Wahoo!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sakaiXx

@mclarenmaster18:

1. Atlus makes great JRPG

2. Fire Emblem is turning more into dating sim and pandering to weaboo territory.

3. Golden Sun was awesome.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is shit, utter shit. Trash level shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Sony pony confirmed.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8415 Posts
@sakaixx said:

@mclarenmaster18:

2. Fire Emblem is turning more into dating simand pandering to weaboo territory.

Hypocrisy there. Atlus makes your premiere weaboo dating sim in the name of the Persona franchise.

You can perfectly dislike a game just fine, but you are spatting such obvious hyperbole as an attempt at smattering Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it takes away the believability on how you truly felt about the game. Your drama only makes it seem like it did something very personal against you.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@sakaixx: Hates weeb dating sims but loves Persona... Nice hole you've dug.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

@davillain- said:

Let's start this off by saying that I'm not someone who considers himself a Xenoblade fan, I do like the games in general though, it's a series with a lot of okay-ish aspects, and a few god-tier aspects that make it all worth your while. It's also helped by the fact that it's unique enough that it scratches an itch no other series can.

My take on Xenoblade Chronicle 2 is for the most part a wonderful, enjoyable experience that offers a whole lot of fun characters, a decent story, great gameplay and plenty of stuff to do, and most things you do feel rewarding. But on the other hand, it has some serious issues that often leads to frustration, and there are times where I just want to shelf the game and never look at it ever again. And yet, I keep coming back for more lol.

Is there a game/genre you don't like?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56123 Posts

@pc_rocks: I don't like pure Sport games like Madden, NBA, ect and I don't do alot of puzzle games nowadays.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sakaiXx

@fedor said:

@sakaixx: Hates weeb dating sims but loves Persona... Nice hole you've dug.

I love persona series, I like dating sim when done right.

Those Dating Waifu sim mechanics in FE is out of place. Why the heck I have to play waifu match up for better units? Why the heck teenage something year old from the future calls teenage something year old their mom and dad? I mean I get the timeskip alternate spare thing lore but god, teen something couple suddenly mature and bonds with their children whom they barely know for few months and go to war with em, wtf is that???

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sakaiXx

@jaydan said:
@sakaixx said:

@mclarenmaster18:

2. Fire Emblem is turning more into dating simand pandering to weaboo territory.

Hypocrisy there. Atlus makes your premiere weaboo dating sim in the name of the Persona franchise.

You can perfectly dislike a game just fine, but you are spatting such obvious hyperbole as an attempt at smattering Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it takes away the believability on how you truly felt about the game. Your drama only makes it seem like it did something very personal against you.

You may refer my reply to fedor up.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omegaMaster
@sakaixx said:

@omegamaster: they are far superior than Xenoblade 2. Personally I play FF exclusively on PlayStation, it just felt right to play FF on it. Anyhow I dont have much to play on switch anymore, the drought is real for me hope there is so good news soon.

Shin Megami Tensei V. You probably have forgotten about that game since there hasn't been any news since late 2017. Only time will tell when it'll be released

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sakaiXx

@omegamaster: definitely. Atlus makes great JRPG and I am looking forward to the game.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Hm