Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

@Antwan3K: Agreed. Sticking to one plastic box just isn’t feasible these days. Games are just too costly to make and the user base just hasn’t been growing. Way more consumers available by going multi platform.

exactly..

Xbox's strategy is a gaming ecosystem across console, PC, cloud, and mobile..

PlayStation's strategy is a gaming ecosystem across console, PC, cloud, and mobile..

these are plain and simple facts.. it's not even up for debate.. you're just arguing about semantics beyond that point.. Xbox is simply leading the way but it is clear that PlayStation is heading in the same direction..

and in before "b bu but".. yes, Xbox publishes more games on PlayStation and Nintendo.. yes, Xbox has Day One releases on PC , cloud, and subscription.. yes, Xbox has an upcoming mobile gaming store.. yes, PlayStation has the home console market dominance..

yes, these are the key differences but the overall strategy is basically the same.. the two companies are simply playing to their current strengths; hence the contrast..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

You know who else has no red line? Gamers. Gamers have no red line to which system they get rid of.

Sell your Xboxes. Its time, guys.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@gifford38 said:

they shouldn't have to. if they did it sony way bringing games to ps plus year later game sales on xbox would of made there money without putting there games on the competitors console. which = more xbox console sales. gamers need competition for each console.

if not they will just become lazy like ps3 and 360 error. ps3 had to wake up and make better games last few years of its life. then 360 they got lazy at end of its life cycle and let all there first party go and had xbox one launch disaster.

it's just the current reality.. as stated by the CEO of Sony, PlayStation's future is on console, PC, cloud, and mobile..

limiting games to one plastic box just isn't the way to do business moving forward..

[same tired fanboy nonsense]

translation: "b bu but"..

Xbox's "losing strategy" is so bad that Sony's CEO is basically quoting their strategy as the future of PlayStation, word-for-word..

as a reminder, Xbox is #1 in monthly-active-users and #2 in gaming revenue.. plain and simple facts.. Xbox actually has multiple major releases planned for this year while PlayStation has conceded they don't have anything from thier internal studios until after March 2025.. another plain and simple fact..

the facts simply do not support your fanboy narratives..

🤣😂🤣😂

Xbox+Bethesda+Activision= $1.5Billion less in Q4 than the company with no games until after March 2025. Another plain and simple fact 😂🤣😂🤣

Then factor in all the money Xbox spent to cook their terrible books with former 3rd party revenue and the numbers start turning red 😬🤭

Now they’re selling games on competitors platforms, not out of the goodness of their hearts, but because Daddy Microsoft started looking at the bank statements. Shutting down studios. Changing the strategy AGAIN. All while Nintendo made more profits this gen than they did in over 25 years COMBINED.

And you have the nerve to come in here talking about winning and losing strategies?!😂🤣😂🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

it's just the current reality.. as stated by the CEO of Sony, PlayStation's future is on console, PC, cloud, and mobile..

limiting games to one plastic box just isn't the way to do business moving forward..

[same tired fanboy nonsense]

translation: "b bu but"..

Xbox's "losing strategy" is so bad that Sony's CEO is basically quoting their strategy as the future of PlayStation, word-for-word..

as a reminder, Xbox is #1 in monthly-active-users and #2 in gaming revenue.. plain and simple facts.. Xbox actually has multiple major releases planned for this year while PlayStation has conceded they don't have anything from thier internal studios until after March 2025.. another plain and simple fact..

the facts simply do not support your fanboy narratives..

[more tired fanboy nonsense]

And you have the nerve to come in here talking about winning and losing strategies?!😂🤣😂🤣

and yet, PlayStation is essentially copying that strategy.. 🤷‍♂️

and again, you can't dispute the facts: Xbox is #1 in monthly-active-users and #2 in gaming revenue.. try as you might, that is not "bad news" for Xbox..

and per usual, you are the only one "concerned" about revenue wars.. i buy and play games from both companies so i don't care.. i just know one company (Xbox) is actually putting out major games this year while also providing the more consumer friendly options.. and instead of applauding that, you're out here fanboying.. 🐄

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

@ghostofgolden: I guess they have changed their strategy again and opened a new studio.

You don't write a business strategy without a few what iffs, that doesn't mean it's a new strategy.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Antwan3K
@tdkmillsy said:

@ghostofgolden: I guess they have changed their strategy again and opened a new studio.

You don't write a business strategy without a few what iffs, that doesn't mean it's a new strategy.

according to @ghostofgolden, twitter users' opinions are supposed to be processed as facts..

meanwhile, he completely ignores actual reality.. he's cheerleading for PlayStation while ignoring the facts that they've also had huge layoffs, also have closed studios, and are the only major player not releasing any 1st party games from their internal studios this year..

all that's fine because.. ... ... reasons.. 🙄

at the end of the day, "Xbox bad".. that's all that his brain can comprehend these days..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#207 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@Antwan3K: @tdkmillsy: You all are going to cause the third generation alt to break.😂

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@tdkmillsy said:

according to @ghostofgolden, twitter users' opinions are supposed to be processed as facts..

meanwhile, he completely ignores actual reality.. he's cheerleading for PlayStation while ignoring the facts that they've also had huge layoffs, also have closed studios, and are the only major player not releasing any 1st party games from their internal studios this year..

at the end of the day, "Xbox bad".. that's all that his brain can comprehend these days..

LMAO! Yes, Jeff Gerstmann is just some random Twitter user...

Math and accounting are now, "tired fanboy nonsense"?!?! LOL

And where did I cheerlead PlayStation? Please show me. Stating that PlayStation revenue > Xbox+Bethesda+Activision+$1.5Billion is factually true. Then again it involves financials which have become "tired fanboy nonsense"

My goodness this spin is getting intense lol

@tdkmillsy said:

What ifs like "What if we pull COD from day one Game Pass?" "What if we put 4 games on PlayStation for now and see what happens?" "What if we opened a mobile store that's actually just a website with links to existing app stores?" Every few days there's something new. Xbox doesn't have a business strategy at this point. They are flailing around praying that something, ANYTHING will stick with consumers. And here we thought "TV TV TV" was the business strategy to do Xbox in... Phil wishes he had the problems Xbox had in those days...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@tdkmillsy said:

LMAO! Yes, Jeff Gerstmann is just some random Twitter user...

Math and accounting are now, "tired fanboy nonsense"?!?! LOL

And where did I cheerlead PlayStation? Please show me. Stating that PlayStation revenue > Xbox+Bethesda+Activision+$1.5Billion is factually true. Then again it involves financials which have become "tired fanboy nonsense"

My goodness this spin is getting intense lol

[...]

Jeff Gerstmann isn't random but he is indeed a twitter user and his opinion is not fact.. hence, my statement stands..

what math?.. no one is disputing that PlayStation is still #1 in revenue.. what you have a problem with is the fact that Xbox is #2 (by a diminishing margin).. whenever that's brought up, you go into "b bu but" mode..

if you want to do some math, Xbox is reportedly going to have (at a minimum) 4 major first-party releases this year from internal studios.. PlayStation, per their own statement, has 0 until after March 2025.. and Xbox is still maintaining the "pro consumer" practices you continually try to downplay.. literal win/win for Xbox customers..

maybe, just maybe, stop fanboying and acknowledge the fact that Xbox+Bethesda+Activision is providing YOU, the consumer, more content and more options than PlayStation Studios.. and THAT should be the most important factor for YOU, the consumer..

instead you are on a perpetual cow spin cycle.. you're out here cheerleading a company (PlayStation) that isn't providing you any major content this year.. you're cheerleading them because they made 1.5B more than Xbox.. do you know how much of a clown and a shill that makes you out to be?.. 1.5B is a rounding error for Microsoft..

how about taking a step back from the keyboard and reevaluate this 3rd account.. cow/shill/clown is not a good looks so far..

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 tdkmillsy

@ghostofgolden: The fact you think one of the biggest and best run companies in the world doesn't have business strategy for all areas. Shows you are just spit balling and don't have a clue.

Most aquisitions lead to change Microsoft have made the biggest and the changes will be big.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

while closing other studios. like hi-fi rush being one of them.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Antwan3K
@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

honest question.. did you play or buy HiFi Rush?.. from what i understand you have both consoles.. did you actually purchase and/or play this game you're having fake outrage about?..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

maybe, just maybe, stop fanboying and acknowledge the fact that Xbox+Bethesda+Activision is providing YOU, the consumer, more content and more options than PlayStation Studios.. and THAT should be the most important factor for YOU, the consumer..

How is Xbox+Bethesda+Activision providing me more content? Content I wasn't getting when they weren't together...

More PR speak from the PR Puppet

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Antwan3K
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

How is Xbox+Bethesda+Activision providing me more content? Content I wasn't getting when they weren't together...

More PR speak from the PR Puppet

Xbox+Bethesda+Activision is providing Xbox gaming content that can now be accessed via a subscription and via the cloud (something that directly benefits YOU as a Game Pass subscriber).. #value.. #options.. and, last time i checked, cows were singing the praises of "exclusives".. i think that's still their gospel to this very day.. they also claimed they wanted "Xbox to compete"..

so if Sony can buy a studio like Insomniac, benefit from an exclusive like Spiderman, make exclusivity deals that kept Call of Duty content away from Xbox players for years, and can money-hat 3rd parties like Square-Enix, don't come clutching your pearls when Xbox+Bethesda+Activison titles are favored in one ecosystem over another..

and again, stop deflecting..

why are you shilling for PlayStation when they aren't providing any major content this year while trying your best to bash Xbox when they have multiple releases?.. 🐄🤡🤔

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#215 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9838 Posts

@loudheadphones: “ Keep smiling, no more Xbox consoles. Awesome! Being totally ignorant is really something.”

This - coming weeks after Xbox Live execs confirmed work on a next gen console is “full steam ahead” is literally the definition of ignorance.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tdkmillsy

@gifford38: So you think they put all the studios into a random generator and picked them at random?

Course there was a strategy behind it.

I don't know how many companies need to express times are difficult before you start to listen

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#217 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Did you buy or play said game?

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#218 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

It is the future all plastic box are Xbox 😎

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1214 Posts

@sealionact said:

@loudheadphones: “ Keep smiling, no more Xbox consoles. Awesome! Being totally ignorant is really something.”

This - coming weeks after Xbox Live execs confirmed work on a next gen console is “full steam ahead” is literally the definition of ignorance.

Oh, their lies. Yes.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

A corporation trying to maximize profits. Oh my! What a surprise! The only question is if MS will lose money in the long run by handing over their exclusives. Personally, I didn't really buy any of my 4 xboxes for its exclusives. I like Gamepass and the Xbox ecosystem. Those gamers who choose PlayStation because of exclusives probably wouldn't buy an Xbox anyway.