Xbox One sales on Black Friday 22% higher than last year

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Where does that put things? Xbox One won November and Black Friday last year, what would the numbers be for that this year, just shy of 900,000 units for the day?

http://variety.com/2015/digital/games/black-friday-success-leads-to-continued-discount-xbox-one-bundles-1201657347/

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

I stopped trusting Microsoft after they refused to put out Halo numbers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 06
Member since 2003 • 998 Posts

Does that mean Sony did over 1million with there Playstation 4? Very good numbers for the Xbox, if accurate, it's not going out without a fight.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NyaDC
@06 said:

Does that mean Sony did over 1million with there Playstation 4? Very good numbers for the Xbox, it's not going out without a fight.

Why do you think the PlayStation 4 sold more? It sold in excess of 200,000 less last year.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I thought xbox fans dont care about sales? whats happening?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 06

@nyadc: From reports that Sony sold the most consoles on Black Friday. Watched it on IGN and read about it on some other gaming news site. If it's that important then I'm sure you can find it online. If I'm wrong please correct me though.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

oh, maybe NPD will be fun

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NyaDC

@06 said:

@nyadc: From reports that Sony sold the most consoles on Black Friday. Watched it on IGN and read about it on some other gaming news site. If it's that important then I'm sure you can find it online.

You mean this lol?

"According to a marketing study conducted by Infoscout, PlayStation’s percentage share of the console market surged amongst millenial (18-35) consumers, as well as experiencing a modest increase among older (36-55) consumers.

Infoscout tracks the purchases of over 300,000 Americans over three mobile apps. To get these specific numbers, they polled 2,364people who purchased video games in the month of October, 2015 and established a baseline. This number was then compared to 1,020 people who made video game purchases on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday."

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stake into that...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 06

@nyadc: yah that's it, to tell the truth, right now I'd believe them over microsofts elusive sale figures.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NyaDC

@06 said:

@nyadc: yah that's it, to tell the truth, right now I'd believe them over microsofts elusive sale figures.

Yeah, I'd trust a poll of less than 3,000 people too out of millions of people shopping on Black Friday and Microsoft's legal obligation to share holders to report accurate figures....

That's the logical thing to do.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Well when everyone waits for a crap item to be cheap as **** to buy...well...thats when it gets bought.

More at 11.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yep. It will be especially if both consoles are not that far away from each other or tie. I think you should post about the $50 temporary price drop that is discussed in that article.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@super600 said:
@lostrib said:

Yep. It will be especially if both consoles are not that far away from each other or tie. I think you should post about the $50 temporary price drop that is discussed in that article.

I don't partake in the NPD thread....barely if at all.

Why would it get interesting/be fun if they are close together?

Why would that mean anything but....they both sold a lot b/c of deals/price drops during Xmas time?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

btw regarding your previous thread the S.Kagura devs got their YouTube channel back seems like it was an error or something

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@super600 said:
@lostrib said:

Why would that mean anything but....they both sold a lot b/c of deals/price drops during Xmas time?

people get out of hand with sales at times. Especially when they build themselves up to "win"...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super600  Moderator

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@super600 said:
@lostrib said:

Some people are expecting a bloodbath to occur where the ps4 beats the xbox one by like hundreds of thousands(200K+) because of battlefront 3 and cod BO3 even though they are indications that BF3 will probably do very well in december, but still do great in November, If the ps4 and xbox one are close or tie with each other the NPD will be really interesting later today.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib: @super600: Sounds like a whole lot of hullaballoo if you ask me.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NyaDC
@super600 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@super600 said:
@lostrib said:

Some people are expecting a bloodbath to occur where the ps4 beats the xbox one by like 200K+. If they are close or tie with each other the NPD will be really interesting later today.

Pipedreams man, VGChartz (I know HAHAHAHA) put the Xbox One at 200,000+ units ahead of the PlayStation 4 last year for the week and it turned out to be pretty accurate, this year the Xbox One is up 90,000 for the week according to them, so another Xbox victory seems extremely likely.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib

well at least we only have to wait like a day or so to see how this turns out. fingers crossed for meltdowns

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

@finalstar2007: Seems my signature worked.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super600  Moderator

@nyadc said:
@super600 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@super600 said:

Some people are expecting a bloodbath to occur where the ps4 beats the xbox one by like 200K+. If they are close or tie with each other the NPD will be really interesting later today.

Pipedreams man, VGChartz (I know HAHAHAHA) put the Xbox One at 200,000+ units ahead of the PlayStation 4 last year for the week and it turned out to be pretty accurate, this year the Xbox One is up 90,000 for the week according to them, so another Xbox victory seems extremely likely.

Vgchartz is not that accurate. Is it possible that the xbox one eked out a slight win this time or was very very close to the ps4 in the US during November.I mentioned this earlier but I would add info about the temporary price drop that was talked about in that article in your OP.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Huggles_dog

Wouldn't it be a bigger deal that the PS4 was close to the X1 than the other way around since the X1 has been on top other black Friday's by a good bit?

Or do I have that wrong?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NyaDC

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Wouldn't it be a bigger deal that the PS4 was close to the X1 than the other way around since the X1 has been on top other black Friday's by a good bit?

Or do I have that wrong?

Microsoft has always had a heavy handed holiday season and apparently this is their second strongest Black Friday on record for Xbox, if the Xbox One moved close to 900,000 units that would be impressive. Sony just announced this is their best Black Friday ever for PlayStation, so the question is, is Sony's best Black Friday better than Microsoft's second best Black Friday?

Someone has to have some kind of figures for Sony's side of things, maybe their previous best Black Friday.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Don't really care about numbers but is this even surprising to anyone? With all the bundles and sales and the great games that came out this holiday, I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles sold over 1 million in that time frame. Both the Playstation and Xbox had a monster black friday weekend.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50639 Posts

Good for them. Let's see if it was enough!

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Now lembots care about sales again until the NPD is released later today and shows PS4 won hardware and Timed Raider probably failed to chart and Halo 5 fell off a cliff and every multiplat sold more on PS4.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

By years end; Xbox Won NA,. Next year, the world. :P

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Lol at Black Friday and NPD. What's the point? MS is getting bloody murder in world wide sale and is not even close. Some type of mortal victory? But but but Xbox might catch up in NA... But still getting kill in worldwide... But is ok.. As long as Xbox win NA than is all good right?? Also I thought Lems don't care about sale.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chutebox

@ni6htmare01: X1 isn't catching up in NA sales this year. Probably not even next year, if at all

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Well this is all well and good I guess. I bought one for my nephew. But the only place sales ever matter is when your fanboy favorite is leading, and when it creates a buzz in stock prices rising.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 06

@nyadc: oh didn't know Microsoft reported how many Xbox one have been sold to consumers, I can't even find it online, but I would like to know the amount if you have that info

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20174 Posts

@nyadc said:

Where does that put things? Xbox One won November and Black Friday last year, what would the numbers be for that this year, just shy of 900,000 units for the day?

http://variety.com/2015/digital/games/black-friday-success-leads-to-continued-discount-xbox-one-bundles-1201657347/

Based on internal Microsoft data, console bundles drove record Xbox One sales in the U.S. and Xbox Store sales worldwide over Black Friday week.

Like what we've already known, they're using Xbox Store sales. Not sales figures from retailers. So your 200K more estimate is flawed as we don't know Xbox Store sales figures from last year, or ever...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
@SecretPolice said:

Damn that drug is powerful lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

lol MS and their shit. Instead of unveiling real numbers, they talk about percentages, the amount of people who've logged into XBL and the amounts of screws used to build an Xbox One.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Love is the drug, I'm thinking of. wooooo... ohhhhhh can't you see, Love is the drug for me. lol :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@SecretPolice said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Love is the drug, I'm thinking of. wooooo... ohhhhhh can't you see, Love is the drug for me. lol :P

LOL just say no to Love.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero_epyon

@SecretPolice said:

That's the spirit!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I thought lems don't care about sales. I guess we'll be seeing you in the NPD thread today. Try to have another epic meltdown ;)

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@nyadc said:
@06 said:

@nyadc: From reports that Sony sold the most consoles on Black Friday. Watched it on IGN and read about it on some other gaming news site. If it's that important then I'm sure you can find it online.

You mean this lol?

"According to a marketing study conducted by Infoscout, PlayStation’s percentage share of the console market surged amongst millenial (18-35) consumers, as well as experiencing a modest increase among older (36-55) consumers.

Infoscout tracks the purchases of over 300,000 Americans over three mobile apps. To get these specific numbers, they polled 2,364people who purchased video games in the month of October, 2015 and established a baseline. This number was then compared to 1,020 people who made video game purchases on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday."

But last year their study turn out to be true and accurate at that, why is this any different the current year???

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I'm just glad it's selling well....the One is a nice all around console.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice

@Zero_epyon said:
@SecretPolice said:

That's the spirit!

It sure is, my brother and me were out and drank loads of Spirits, specifically, Makers Mark. :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#42 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@silversix_ said:

lol MS and their shit. Instead of unveiling real numbers, they talk about percentages, the amount of people who've logged into XBL and the amounts of screws used to build an Xbox One.

True, all they talk about is how their sales keep going up and up, talk about how they are beating the original Xbox, the Xbox 360, the PS3 and the Wii. They only talked about a half billion in revenue for Halo 5 the first week. They only talked about Xbox One console sales being up 22% for Black Friday. Those guys and their shit, lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon

@SecretPolice: Ha

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Because they know their pathetic fanboys will take those numbers and run with them and spin them in ways even M$ didn't think to do. Just look at the 400 million number for Halo 5. M$ pulled a number out of a hat and threw it out with no details on what it all includes or how much of it is sold to consumers compared to retail and now there are xbots trying to divide 400 million by $60 thinking that is how many copies of the game was sold to actual consumers LMAO.

Just look at this

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-download-included/dp/B00RKK15H0/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449761078&sr=1-3&keywords=halo+5

Amazon already had to discount the collectors edition from $250 to $99 and that shit still doesn't sell out.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox

@Zero_epyon: I don't think so. The link says the MS store was up 57% from last year and at retail is up 22%

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@silversix_ said:

Because they know their pathetic fanboys will take those numbers and run with them and spin them in ways even M$ didn't think to do. Just look at the 400 million number for Halo 5. M$ pulled a number out of a hat and threw it out with no details on what it all includes or how much of it is sold to consumers compared to retail and now there are xbots trying to divide 400 million by $60 thinking that is how many copies of the game was sold to actual consumers LMAO.

Just look at this

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-download-included/dp/B00RKK15H0/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449761078&sr=1-3&keywords=halo+5

Amazon already had to discount the collectors edition from $250 to $99 and that shit still doesn't sell out.

I knew that overpriced C.E. was going to go way, way, way down in price. I love the idea that the overpriced C.E. was put out there for uber fans and it comes with a Digital game download code only/No disc included. Now it's $99.

I learned with Bungie's Halo Reach and 343's Halo 4, lol.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#47 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@silversix_ said:

Just look at this

It's kinda like when $ony combines sales of their PS2/PS3, and then combined the $ony Vita with their $ony Playstation sales to hide the numbers. Then the $ony P$4 does good, then they change their tune and break down the numbers. Got to leave it to the $ony Pony Zealots, lol.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@nyadc said:
@06 said:

You mean this lol?

That's the same research company that declared X1 won last year using the same metrics. So, now we can't put stock in it.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Or any numbers for that matter. MS said numbers are now officially lame.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zero_epyon

@Chutebox said:

@Zero_epyon: I don't think so. The link says the MS store was up 57% from last year and at retail is up 22%

I see. Is that 22% just NA or WW?