Xbox One's Official Racing Wheel will cost $400

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/21/this-xbox-one-racing-wheel-costs-as-much-as-a-playstation-4/

Granted, it has a new form of forcefeedback that changes to be similar to driving a car and gas pedals but that is still a very excessive price.

$500+$60 Forza 5+$400 for ultimate racing experience+$60 for PS, I mean GOLD=$1020

That's a bit to much. Sadly, they know it's the best option because even the most die hard won't take the "alternate" option at the bottom of same article. HOWEVER, you can use the 360 wheels or so they say.

I will say it looks pretty cool though.

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (8417 posts) -

It looks a sweet wheel, Not worth that though.

#3 Edited by Couth_ (9692 posts) -

That's not the official wheel. Most of these premium wheels have a premium price tag as well nothing new. What sucks is that they won't be compatible cross gen smh

#4 Edited by VendettaRed07 (13929 posts) -

Why pay that much for a wheel when you can steer with the power of kinect for free?..

#5 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (4712 posts) -

As much as I hate to admit, I would get the Mad Catz wheel over this one. That wheel is sick!

#6 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

The xbox one is the biggest rip off ever.

#7 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1594 posts) -

Kinect is suppose to replace all these accessory. Kinect can read thought and blood sugar level. TLHBO.

#8 Posted by lamprey263 (21065 posts) -

for that amount it better come with something to simulate road-head

#9 Posted by nini200 (8878 posts) -

If I'm spending that much on a racing wheel, it at least needs a clutch pedal and a 5 speed shifter. I don't like the shifters they have more than I like the old school 4 and 5 speed shifters.

#10 Posted by asylumni (1972 posts) -

HOWEVER, you can use the 360 wheels or so they say.

So who says, where? In the interview cited by the article, they specifically state that Xbox 360 wheels are not compatible with the Xbox One.

But yeah, sweet looking wheel. (And you forgot to include the cost of a racing cockpit. :P)

#11 Edited by blackace (18524 posts) -

http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/21/this-xbox-one-racing-wheel-costs-as-much-as-a-playstation-4/

Granted, it has a new form of forcefeedback that changes to be similar to driving a car and gas pedals but that is still a very excessive price.

$500+$60 Forza 5+$400 for ultimate racing experience+$60 for PS, I mean GOLD=$1020

That's a bit to much. Sadly, they know it's the best option because even the most die hard won't take the "alternate" option at the bottom of same article. HOWEVER, you can use the 360 wheels or so they say.

I will say it looks pretty cool though.

You'll be able to get cheaper wheels and I'm sure there are racing wheels like this for the PS4 as well. No one is going to pay that much for a one of these unless they are rich.

#12 Posted by Caseytappy (2097 posts) -

TC seems to have a hard time understanding the difference between a official MS product and 3th party !

I know it's JackassSigs but still ...........

#13 Edited by II_Seraphim_II (20460 posts) -

Ouch, thats a hefty price, but I assume that this is for the enthusiasts, so they will have no problem paying for something like this. And no where does it say that this is the "OFFICIAL" racing wheel. Its just a 3rd party racing wheel.

#14 Posted by Shewgenja (6941 posts) -
#15 Edited by aroxx_ab (8649 posts) -

Lol, but i guess those Forza-nerds gladly pay that without a blink, like everything else for xbone :D

#16 Posted by AdobeArtist (22401 posts) -

That's the Ferrari edition. You do realize that's not the only wheel available for XB1, right?

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (36493 posts) -

Gonna play Titanfall with this baby.

#18 Edited by AdobeArtist (22401 posts) -

@freedomfreak: duuuuuuude, that sig!! :o

I know it's the character from the anime Black Lagoon (what ever her name is). But who's the cosplayer? Site?

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (36493 posts) -

@freedomfreak: duuuuuuude, that sig!! :o

I know it's the character from the anime Black Lagoon (what ever her name is). But who's the cosplayer? Site?

Yup. Revy.

Aurora 'O Brien. Link