Xbox ONE isn't a piece of shit after all...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxFails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XboxFails
Member since 2013 • 239 Posts

Finally, Thanksgiving break was here. I went back home and visited my friends. One of them bought an Xbone. I gotta say, the system isn't too shabby. The download speeds aren't as good as PSN and the OS is pretty unstable, but it's still a very good console. Inferior to the PS4 in every metric, but still very good.

I think System Warriors are too blinded by fanboyism to realize that not everything has to fall under 2 categories: Good or sucks.

The PS4 is an excellent console and the best machine for next gen. That doesn't mean the Xbone sucks. It's also good despite being inferior in network, stability, power, and user experience.

Good Job Microsoft.

PS4 gets a 10/10.

Xbone gets a 7/10.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@XboxFails:

Hey Battlefieldfan1. still butthurt that you can't afford either new system right now?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Now you can go make a new account.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Yawn.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

pc 10/10

ps4 6/10

xboner 3/10

wiiu 0/10

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ha ha. coming from you? pics or didn't happen

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

LMAO. PS4 Fanboy. 10/10? Shit.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@JustSignedUp: I could play Devil's Advocate and state Sega did in-game achievements 1st with NFL2K. That rewarded the player based on in game goals and allowed players to spend the points on unlockables for'The Crib',

Then again, MS was the 1st to implement the feature for every game, not just 1 or 2 ....

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

As much as you all hate to admit it both companies need each other. I love competition, may Sony and MS live on forever.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@XboxFails said:

Finally, Thanksgiving break was here. I went back home and visited my friends. One of them bought an Xbone. I gotta say, the system isn't too shabby. The download speeds aren't as good as PSN and the OS is pretty unstable, but it's still a very good console. Inferior to the PS4 in every metric, but still very good.

I think System Warriors are too blinded by fanboyism to realize that not everything has to fall under 2 categories: Good or sucks.

The PS4 is an excellent console and the best machine for next gen. That doesn't mean the Xbone sucks. It's also good despite being inferior in network, stability, power, and user experience.

Good Job Microsoft.

PS4 gets a 10/10.

Xbone gets a 7/10.

1)At this point.. they both get a 10 because they both play the games available. I'm thinking latter on the X1 might struggle with some multiplat games but still.. we haven't gotten to that.

2) You are a blind fanboy :/

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@XboxFails said:

Good Job Microsoft.

PS4 gets a 10/10.

Xbone gets a 7/10.

1)At this point.. they both get a 10 because they both play the games available.

Talking about low standards.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

pc 10/10

ps4 6/10

xboner 3/10

wiiu 0/10

Pretty much

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Joedgabe said:

@XboxFails said:

Good Job Microsoft.

PS4 gets a 10/10.

Xbone gets a 7/10.

1)At this point.. they both get a 10 because they both play the games available.

Talking about low standards.

I'm a person that cares for the games more than the console. If it plays what is available what do i have to complain about :/ ? I mean latter on if one of the system can't play upcoming games.. then that's awful.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

TC's opinion seems to be flip flopping alot.

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

TC, you're calling the console inferior in every way, when it honestly isn't at all. Its slightly underpowered in terms of hardware specs, but the actual software is lightyears ahead and better than the PS4. Both consoles are pretty much the same but the X1 just has more features and options. And you can't say it doesn't when it in fact does. The kinect also makes it much nicer and adds a lot more to it, something the PS4 cant, and wont ever, be able to replicate the same way simply because its too advanced in itself for the type of console the PS4 is.

And before you fanboys flip out over me calling the X1 advanced, let me explain. The PS4 is geared towards gaming, so a device like the Kinect serves little purpose for it due to its limited features outside of just gaming. The X1 allows you to do a variety of stuff such as snapping apps, switching to TV, or the internet, and games. The Kinect enhances that flow to the fullest and its something that can only work on the X1 because of it's software. And like I said before, the PS4's software is not nearly as good as the X1's. You all can say it is all you want, but Microsoft is mainly software company, they specialize in it. Their's is better hands down.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zelda187

A piece of shit? No

A "revolutionary" next-gen game system? Hell no

I already have a blu-ray player, a PC, and a cable box with DVR...and so does 80% of middle class America.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zelda187

@destroyerman455 said:

TC, you're calling the console inferior in every way, when it honestly isn't at all. Its slightly underpowered in terms of hardware specs, but the actual software is lightyears ahead and better than the PS4. Both consoles are pretty much the same but the X1 just has more features and options. And you can't say it doesn't when it in fact does. The kinect also makes it much nicer and adds a lot more to it, something the PS4 cant, and wont ever, be able to replicate the same way simply because its too advanced in itself for the type of console the PS4 is.

And before you fanboys flip out over me calling the X1 advanced, let me explain. The PS4 is geared towards gaming, so a device like the Kinect serves little purpose for it due to its limited features outside of just gaming. The X1 allows you to do a variety of stuff such as snapping apps, switching to TV, or the internet, and games. The Kinect enhances that flow to the fullest and its something that can only work on the X1 because of it's software. And like I said before, the PS4's software is not nearly as good as the X1's. You all can say it is all you want, but Microsoft is mainly software company, they specialize in it. Their's is better hands down.

I think I speak for the majority of gamers when I say we couldn't care less about the Kinnect.

It's a gimmick IMO. A meaningless peripheral that mostly appeals to "casual" gamers. Meaning, chicks that normally don't play videogames and younger kids.

To most of us, it basically amounts to a $100 dust collector.

Personally, when I come home from working outside in the heat and cold for 8-10 hours a day, I don't feel like flailing my arms all over the place just to play a f*cking videogame. But that's just me.

And graphics aren't everything, but you can bet your ass that if I'm plunking down $500 for a new game system, I want it to look noticeably better than hardware that is 8 years old.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Don't really know as I don't have either console yet. But I have trouble believing PSN is better than Live. But Hey TC congrats!! You're all growns up! You're all growns up! You're all growns up! Some here have known for quite a while that liking a console doesn't mean you must hate the other. I know they will both have great experiences to be played over the next 10 years. That's why I will buy BOTH. I know........crazy

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

A piece of shit? No

I already have a blu-ray player, a PC, and a cable box with DVR...and so does 80% of middle class America.

Fair enough. Are all those things in one? Do you play games with a controller with rumble in the triggers on them? Can you use voice commands with them? Now you don't have to like the innovations X1 tries, but that doesn't mean they aren't innovations.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zelda187

@cainetao11 said:

@Zelda187 said:

A piece of shit? No

Fair enough. Are all those things in one? Do you play games with a controller with rumble in the triggers on them? Can you use voice commands with them? Now you don't have to like the innovations X1 tries, but that doesn't mean they aren't innovations.

More gimmicks than innovations.

Does anyone really care about voice commands?

Listen, if you have a cell phone made within the last...oh, I don't know...6-7 years? Then you have the full capability of telling your phone who you want to call through voice command.

Now, when the hell was the last time that you used this feature?

Have you used it recently? Or do you simply do as a normal person does and contact whoever it is you're trying to call by scrolling through your contacts?

And rumble in the trigger buttons? LOL

Yeah, that's true innovation and a system seller for me. If Sony can't send vibrations through my fingertips, then they can just eat a bag of dicks, quite frankly.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

@XboxFails: now I know ur lying because the one thing that xbox one has over the ps4 is a better OS and network psn was always slower with dl speeds and who would give it 10/10

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Zelda187 said:

A piece of shit? No

More gimmicks than innovations.

Does anyone really care about voice commands?

Listen, if you have a cell phone made within the last...oh, I don't know...6-7 years? Then you have the full capability of telling your phone who you want to call through voice command.

Now, when the hell was the last time that you used this feature?

Have you used it recently? Or do you simply do as a normal person does and contact whoever it is you're trying to call by scrolling through your contacts?

And rumble in the trigger buttons? LOL

Yeah, that's true innovation and a system seller for me. If Sony can't send vibrations through my fingertips, then they can just eat a bag of dicks, quite frankly.

Well done. *applause*.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

The funny thing is, before Achievements, we were rewarded with content being unlocked for us to play. Now that we get a cheesy entitlement instead to boast about to other cyber losers with no lives outside the virtual world. Those bonus skins, weapons, sports arenas, etc, can now be unlocked through Microtransactions. Thank you Microsoft.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@kemar7856 said:

@XboxFails: now I know ur lying because the one thing that xbox one has over the ps4 is a better OS and network psn was always slower with dl speeds and who would give it 10/10

I knew TC was lying when he mention xbone OS is slower than PSN

I download Final fantasy XIII-2 demo it took hour to downlaod from PSN

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@clone01 said:

Yawn.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Actually, maybe I could:

ZZZ

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zelda187

@kemar7856 said:

The PSN has been DRASTICALLY improved with the launch of the PS4.

My biggest gripe with the PS3 was how long it took for downloads and patch updates. Now it seems that the tables have been turned.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

pc 10/10

ps4 6/10

xboner 3/10

wiiu 0/10

3ds 11/10

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zelda187

@StriateEnd said:

@Jankarcop said:

pc 10/10

ps4 6/10

xboner 3/10

wiiu 0/10

3ds 11/10

Nintendo knows how to make a great handheld, I'll definitely give them that.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Fascinating! LoL!

PS4 isn't a 10. It can be if Sony brings theme support for it. The PS4 needs to have everything the PS3 has in addition to the other upgrades in order to be a 10.

PSbore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PSbore
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

@XboxFails said:

Good Job Microsoft.

PS4 gets a 10/10.

Xbone gets a 7/10.

better controller, better UI, better games, better apps. PS fails.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

All I'm looking at is Xbox one is huge. Ps4 is tiny and packs the same punch if not a little more, this to me shows Sony thought about there console deseign and a true function in someones bedroom or living room Microsoft pretty much just put it in a spare pc case.

But all you have to look at is the multiplats at launch they should of started off on level playing fields and differs later on but right off the bat ps4 is ahead, forget the frame rate on ps4 this is an over aight by infinity ward because they concentrated on there main audience who are Xbox players but even then they couldn't reach 1080p and struggled, ps4 can get a patch for the frame yet Xbox one can't get a patch for 1080p. People may argue it doesn't matter and maybe it doesn't but the fact remains ps4 can handle higher red plus frame rate this early in its life, which slightly worries me for Xbox one. And with the non gaming features most are on ps4 and the ones that aren't you need a cable box for.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Glad to see that the TC is not "blinded by fanboyism"

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zelda187

@bezza2011 said:

All I'm looking at is Xbox one is huge. Ps4 is tiny and packs the same punch if not a little more, this to me shows Sony thought about there console deseign and a true function in someones bedroom or living room Microsoft pretty much just put it in a spare pc case.

But all you have to look at is the multiplats at launch they should of started off on level playing fields and differs later on but right off the bat ps4 is ahead, forget the frame rate on ps4 this is an over aight by infinity ward because they concentrated on there main audience who are Xbox players but even then they couldn't reach 1080p and struggled, ps4 can get a patch for the frame yet Xbox one can't get a patch for 1080p. People may argue it doesn't matter and maybe it doesn't but the fact remains ps4 can handle higher red plus frame rate this early in its life, which slightly worries me for Xbox one. And with the non gaming features most are on ps4 and the ones that aren't you need a cable box for.

It's almost 2014

Damn near everyone in America has owned an HDTV for at least the past 5 years. So there's absolutely no reason why a "next-gen" game system shouldn't be capable of running every game in native 1080p at 60 FPS. Hell, even budget-build mid-range PC's have been doing this for years.

The PS4 does this seamlessly while judging from all the reports, the XBone is having trouble running games at bare bones 720p.

In terms of gameplay, the 360 doesn't do anything innovative or worthy of being called "next-gen". All of it's multimedia features are things that the majority of gamers couldn't care less about.

Wow, I can skype with a friend while I play Halo?

Whoopty shit

How many people consider this kind of gimmicky crap a major selling point?

Microsoft themselves have openly admitted that they designed the XBone to be a "center of the living room, all-in-one media device" first and foremost, and a game system second.

Well, for gamers who buy a new console to primarily...you know...play games...I don't see how anyone could favor the XBone over a system that is $100 cheaper, boasts more impressive hardware, and is clearly about gameplay above all else.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5911 Posts

I went round to a mates house to play his PS4 and I soon go bored of Killzone and asked what else he had and he said he had to wait until 2015 for the games to come.

PS4 3/10

Xbox One 11/10

See I can talk bs as well.

Microsoft want the Xbox One to be centre of the living room for an "all-in-one media and games machine" first and foremost and its pretty evident wit the launch titles and 2014 games its pretty serious on the games front. All it has to do is keep up with PS4 for games (which its leading right now) and all the extras will make it a better option.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zelda187

@tdkmillsy said:

Microsoft want the Xbox One to be centre of the living room for an "all-in-one media and games machine" first and foremost and its pretty evident wit the launch titles and 2014 games its pretty serious on the games front. All it has to do is keep up with PS4 for games (which its leading right now) and all the extras will make it a better option.

Not really

The XBone is what it is. It's not going to magically become a more powerful game system in the future. It would take more than just some simple patch update to fix it's seemingly inherent issues with running games at 1080p and 60 fps.

And the big exclusives from Microsoft coming out within the next year are just more of the same. Titanfall, Halo, Gears of War, etc.

More run of the mill shooters that lost their stature as "innovative" many years ago.

And I'll say it again, the majority of Americans already have a desktop or laptop PC, a cable box with DVR, etc.

So these "extra features" that the XBone possesses aren't really offering anything that most people don't already have, and have had for quite some time.