Xbox One Has Successful Launch in Korea, India, Singapore

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The Xbox One has been steadily launching in a whole lot of territories worldwide; in September, it has been especially focused on Asia, with its launch Japan, and a planned one for China next week. And just earlier today, it also successfully launched in five other Asian markets- India, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. Today was also meant to be the day it would have originally gone on sale in China, but there was a last minute delay there.

Unlike Japan, where the launch was a damp squib, the launch in these countries seems to have gone extremely well; players in Korea were lining up for the console for up to 160 hours before the launch, while malls in Singapore were jam packed for the launch. In India, several launch parties were held to celebrate the launch of the console, and Amazon India, the exclusive online retailer for the system in the country, reports unprecedented demand.

Of course, Microsoft still has its work cut out for it in these territories, as the PlayStation 4 launched here as much as nearly a full year ago in many cases, and is now firmly entrenched. Whether Microsoft can come to dominate these territories, and change its fortunes around in this round of the console wars, remains to be seen.

SOURCE

I don't know about China yet, but in these countries, the Xbox One appears to have gone off to a good start. Of course, it helps that the Xbox 360 was very successful in these regions too. Now, I don't know if the Xbox will actually manage to beat out PS4 in these areas, but at the very least, these areas are areas where Microsoft has some success to build on and get some extra sales numbers in the console war.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Interesting but I don't think these areas will maintain healthy sales numbers post launch. Launches are always overly optimistic.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Sounds like great news to me. The more regions that have Xbox the better. Now I hope that some rpgs make it onto the system.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The Xbox One has been steadily launching in a whole lot of territories worldwide; in September, it has been especially focused on Asia, with its launch Japan, and a planned one for China next week. And just earlier today, it also successfully launched in five other Asian markets- India, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea. Today was also meant to be the day it would have originally gone on sale in China, but there was a last minute delay there.

Unlike Japan, where the launch was a damp squib, the launch in these countries seems to have gone extremely well; players in Korea were lining up for the console for up to 160 hours before the launch, while malls in Singapore were jam packed for the launch. In India, several launch parties were held to celebrate the launch of the console, and Amazon India, the exclusive online retailer for the system in the country, reports unprecedented demand.

Of course, Microsoft still has its work cut out for it in these territories, as the PlayStation 4 launched here as much as nearly a full year ago in many cases, and is now firmly entrenched. Whether Microsoft can come to dominate these territories, and change its fortunes around in this round of the console wars, remains to be seen.

SOURCE

I don't know about China yet, but in these countries, the Xbox One appears to have gone off to a good start. Of course, it helps that the Xbox 360 was very successful in these regions too. Now, I don't know if the Xbox will actually manage to beat out PS4 in these areas, but at the very least, these areas are areas where Microsoft has some success to build on and get some extra sales numbers in the console war.

You are quoting yourself on another site?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes.

Okay, kudos for the Jeremy Renner reference :p

Love the guy, think he's underrated. Still won't forgive him for shitting up my Bourne, though.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

Cool, lets hope they can continue bringing content to these regions and make them feel like an welcome market for games and features.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes.

Love the guy, think he's underrated. Still won't forgive him for shitting up my Bourne, though.

Renner?

He's a really cool cat, I agree. He's very underrated and I also agree with misstep with Bourne, lol. I'll still watch his movies. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
@SolidTy said:
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes.

Renner?

He's a really cool cat, I agree. He's very underrated and I also agree with misstep with Bourne, lol. I'll still watch his movies. :)

Yeah, man. Loved him in The Hurt Locker, and even his Avengers performance was great. Hell, I actually think he was okay in the Bourne movie too. Just wish the movie itself hadn't sucked :p

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

Good for them

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy

@charizard1605 said:
@SolidTy said:
@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

Renner?

Yeah, man. Loved him in The Hurt Locker, and even his Avengers performance was great. Hell, I actually think he was okay in the Bourne movie too. Just wish the movie itself hadn't sucked :p

I agree with eveything you said. :)

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

are we expecting half a million to a million in sales?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So it will be the poor man's console? Even it is the most expensive console?
This is getting weird.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm honestly interested to see how it will go when it releases in China

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

comeback is real LOL

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

WOOOOOO

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Welcome all my new gaming brothers!

Look me up on Live!!!!

GT: Rolledsock

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

More wasted marketing money.

Still, that 10,000 sold will make all the difference in closing the gaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

@FastRobby said:
@lostrib said:

I'm honestly interested to see how it will go when it releases in China

200-300k first week, I think. Would be amazing if they did better

100k first week, disappears in the weeks after.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45235 Posts

can't quote vgchartz but can quote your own blog

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

1 billion in it's first week no doubt? hehe :P

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Lol he wasn't that bad in Bourne, I actually liked him a little bit. He just wasn't as good as Matt Damon.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

I expected numbers or at least big numbers claims,but all this is based on a line supposedly forming 160 hours before launch.? lol

kunal_anand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kunal_anand50
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

They sold less than 1000 units in India at launch. I fail to see how that is a successful launch.

kunal_anand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kunal_anand50
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@kunal_anand50 said:

They sold less than 1000 units in India at launch. I fail to see how that is a successful launch.

Where do you get that number from?

1. Amazon had a deal that first 1000 pre-orders would get freebies. They never cancelled that deal. It is still there.

2. In their latest press release, they used "hundreds of xbox one were sold" instead of thousands.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Good, MS needs some success.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

Haha 100k first week, yeah maybe if you're bad at making an educated guess

You're worse if you think it's heading anywhere near 300k, Slow Robert.

@kunal_anand50 said:

@FastRobby said:

@kunal_anand50 said:

Where do you get that number from?

1. Amazon had a deal that first 1000 pre-orders would get freebies. They never cancelled that deal. It is still there.

2. In their latest press release, they used "hundreds of xbox one were sold" instead of thousands.

Oh, that is glorious.

@tormentos said:

I expected numbers or at least big numbers claims,but all this is based on a line supposedly forming 160 hours before launch.? lol

lmao, reminds me of that "fifty billion hours of fun" stat MS tried to push at the start of the year. Remember that?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@Nengo_Flow said:

Morpheus in action. Does it come with insurance? LOL!!

This is still good new for XBox. We know China's launch will be more successful then the awful biased Japan launch. lol!! China already has over 100K in preorders. Any additional sales of the XB1 is a positive.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

unprecedented demand = sub 10k

congrats ms, china awaits

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

x1 saved.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@jsmoke03 said:

1 billion in it's first week no doubt? hehe :P

seems legit....well go with 1 billion

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

No sales data = X1 success! Don't believe me? It says so right here in this piece I wrote...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
@FastRobby said:

Good thing I said 200-300k then

Reread my post.

Then read it again.

Then close your account.

It'll be 250k total tier 2 when the music stops.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

I read it, no clue what you're pointing at... You said 100k first week and then it will dissapear. Well I'm just saying 200-300k first week...

"200-300k first week, I think. Would be amazing if they did better"

"You're worse if you think it's heading anywhere near 300k, Slow Robert."

"Good thing I said 200-300k then"

Slow Robert living up to his namesake.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@santoron said:

No sales data = X1 success! Don't believe me? It says so right here in this piece I wrote...

Yeah, what constitutes a success?