Xbox One could outship PS4 3-to-1 this year...link inside

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Got my PS4 ordered, that's all that matters. :cool: Heil68
SO STUPID.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Fanboys will believe anything when it is something they want to hear.

NathanDrakeSwag
**fixed**
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Its hilarious to me that Sony fans think that the opinions on forums are going to translate into real world sales. The people who frequent gaming sites are the very small minority. I expect the Xbox One to outsell the PS4 significantly.Shensolidus
It's amazing how much more popular you feel Microsoft or the Xbox brand is.

Americans are like that...

Where i live most people never heard of the X1, and quite a few know about the Ps4. Mainly because the X1 is not going to be available here until 2014 and all stores have posters for PS4 pre-orders. When it launches here very few people will even notice it. The Xbox 360 is not really popular here anyway.

I assume many other countries are behaving like this too.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts
Xbox one will flop just my opinion but soon to be a fact lol
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Read between the lines. The words "ship" and "sell" are very different. Though many companies will use "shipped" numbers as a means by which to judge product success -- which backfired on MS... -_-musicalmac

Nintendo did this with the Wii U as well.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#56 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
My point was that shipped to stores is not the same as sold from stores. Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the Microsoft and their 900 million flop (there's some SW terminology for you all). That's not hard to grasp, because it's math.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-23-xbox-one-could-outship-ps4-3-to-1-this-year

granddogg
I don't know about that. I'm wondering if they are talking about the U.S. market, Europe or Worldwide? It will depend on which company ships the most units during the critical holidays.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

My point was that shipped to stores is not the same as sold from stores. Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the Microsoft and their 900 million flop (there's some SW terminology for you all). That's not hard to grasp, because it's math.musicalmac

i don't think anybody was saying that shipped to stores is the same as sold from stores.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blackace
My point was that shipped to stores is not the same as sold from stores. Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the Microsoft and their 900 million flop (there's some SW terminology for you all). That's not hard to grasp, because it's math.musicalmac
900 million flop? Have no idea what you're talking about. Shipped to stores is pretty much SOLD TO CONSUMERS when it comes to the very first shipment of consoles at launch. You, as a mod who knows gaming and the industry, should know this. If both Sony & Microsoft ship say 1.5 million units for the 2013 yrs, they are pretty much SOLD. Especially if every analyst is predicting shortages for the holidays. Now, that's not to hard to grasp right?
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blackace
Xbox one will flop just my opinion but soon to be a fact lolrell84
Not at launch it won't. considering they have already SOLD OUT of their DAY ONE shipments already. The Wii U didn't even do that. Right now the Wii U is looking like a flop, but we have to see what it does over the holidays. We'll see how the XBox One does in 2014. Me and millions of other games don't agree with your opinion.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Its hilarious to me that Sony fans think that the opinions on forums are going to translate into real world sales. The people who frequent gaming sites are the very small minority. I expect the Xbox One to outsell the PS4 significantly.Shensolidus
It's amazing how much more popular you feel Microsoft or the Xbox brand is.

If Microsoft couldn't dominate last generation they may as well get used to being mediocre. Sony is winning this next generation easily. Any lem that thinks otherwise is delusional. By easily I mean 10-15 million at least. There will be no need to check monthly or quarterly reports.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="Cranler"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] "Shipped" means "sold" to companies who aren't watching their products fly off the shelves. It's a lazy, safe way of talking about product success. If you'll notice, it bit MS in the butt to the tune of nearly a billion dollars.

Shipped is not sold.joehult

When it comes to next gen consoles launch window, shipped and sold numbers will be the same. Both will be sold out for months and the best selling launch console will be the one with the better availibility. Comparing sales will be pointless until both consoles are consistently available. That could take a few months. The 360 was hard to find for the first 6 months actually.

That went real well for nintendo, I think their product was flying off shelves for what, two weeks. At some point they will have to buyback units, if they haven't already.

Sony and MS has more to offer at launch than Nintendo has yet to offer for wiiu. Millions of gamers will want to get these new consoles for the superior versions of console multiplats. Dead Rising 3 and Killzon Shadowfall are true nextgen console games unlike Zombieu.The PS 4 and X1 are consoles millions of gamers have been waiting years for. They will be in great demand.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

[QUOTE="cheesie253"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

shipped is sold.

CaseyWegner

Be careful people don't seem to understand this.

it's a common misconception but might also be a matter of perspective. shipping a console is the same as selling it as far as the manufacturer is concerned. some people just look at "sold" as "sold by a retailer to a customer."

no, because if it doesn't selll after "shipped" there are "buy backs"
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="cheesie253"] Be careful people don't seem to understand this. Jakandsigz

it's a common misconception but might also be a matter of perspective. shipping a console is the same as selling it as far as the manufacturer is concerned. some people just look at "sold" as "sold by a retailer to a customer."

always? for every retailer? why would more be sent out if they weren't selling?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Got my PS4 ordered, that's all that matters. :cool: Heil68

Got mine all paid up. :P

tumblr_inline_mp2l8uD7Ek1qz4rgp.gif

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blackace
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]^ ^ This. Only idiotic lems will believe such a shitty prediction.Kaz_Son

And yet cows have spent the last 7 months believing the IDC sales prediction :lol: shut up

360 is still last place. #Dealwithit

Keep believing that. LOL!! http://www.gamespot.com/news/782-million-xbox-360s-sold-6411865
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blackace

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Got my PS4 ordered, that's all that matters. :cool: tonitorsi

I'll pay mine off by the end of Sept.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Buy backs are usually reserved for products with a shelf life. It's not like retailers are buying thousands of systems to sit on. Retailers will only buy what they think they can sell. I'm willing to bet electronics do not fall under a buy back product unless they are recalled. That's why when systems go under, 32x and the such, retailers offe them at hugely discounted prices. The responsibility to re-sell is on the retailer after it is bought from the manufacturer.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Got my PS4 ordered, that's all that matters. :cool: blackace

I'll pay mine off by the end of Sept.

^ Oh my f*ckin god...these flawless posts...

#slayed

2ijox21.gif

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 musicalmac  Moderator
900 million flop? Have no idea what you're talking about. Shipped to stores is pretty much SOLD TO CONSUMERS when it comes to the very first shipment of consoles at launch. You, as a mod who knows gaming and the industry, should know this. If both Sony & Microsoft ship say 1.5 million units for the 2013 yrs, they are pretty much SOLD. Especially if every analyst is predicting shortages for the holidays. Now, that's not to hard to grasp right? blackace
You're going to counter my statistically measurable math with immeasurable assumptions? It's hard to talk down to someone when you're trying to fight up, isn't it?
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cheesie253
No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jakandsigz

CaseyWegner

Ask Sega and Atari and NEC that question.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 musicalmac  Moderator
No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs. cheesie253
If someone says, "I'm going to Milan" do you assume they're talking about the second largest city in Italy, or the tiny farm town in Illinois?

What good are shipments that don't turn into consumer sales -- the really important statistic? I'll tell you -- a 900 million dollar write down.

It's like the twilight zone in here.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Got my PS4 ordered, that's all that matters. :cool: tonitorsi

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] no, because if it doesn't selll after "shipped" there are "buy backs"Jakandsigz

you don't know the answer?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="cheesie253"]No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs. musicalmac
If someone says, "I'm going to Milan" do you assume they're talking about the second largest city in Italy, or the tiny farm town in Illinois?

What good are shipments that don't turn into consumer sales -- the really important statistic? I'll tell you -- a 900 million dollar write down.

do retailers not purchase these shipments?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Lems will believe anything when it is something they want to hear.

NathanDrakeSwag

So sayeth the biggest super-mooing-cow in SW. You believe every single positive comment about Sony - substantiated or not. If Sony decleated themselves a fascist state, you'd be goose-stepping by the end of the week.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="cheesie253"]No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs. musicalmac

If shipments didn't end up in the hands of consumers, retailers would stop buying them from the manufacturer. Most sales figures are shipped sales: computers, vg consoles, cars, home appliances, etc.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Lems will believe anything when it is something they want to hear.

StormyJoe

So sayeth the biggest super-mooing-cow in SW. You believe every single positive comment about Sony - substantiated or not. If Sony decleated themselves a fascist state, you'd be goose-stepping by the end of the week.

as you would for microsoft, you are the village idiot of your respective "faction"

Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="cheesie253"]No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs. StormyJoe

If shipments didn't end up in the hands of consumers, retailers would stop buying them from the manufacturer. Most sales figures are shipped sales: computers, vg consoles, cars, home appliances, etc.

Not true. Lots of iPhones end up shipping but don't end up going to the customer's hands.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/07/12/links-12-july-verizon-could-owe-apple-14-billion-over-insufficient-iphone-sales/

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
ya and i could win the lottery. Will I? most likly not!
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jakandsigz

CaseyWegner

No, you are assuming that they don't do that so YOU don't know the answer. But since you can't spot the obvious, they want to inflate numbers, it's extremely common.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 cheesie253

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="cheesie253"]No your point was that shipped does not equal sold. It does equal sold. It was sol to the retailer. That's what the manufacturers number represent. They do not claim that number is the number sold at retail. Also, again, what does the tablet "flop" have to do with sales numbers? That was them losing money refunding on units that were SOLD to retailers when they decided on a manufacturers price drop. Those tablets are still sold to the retailers they just reimbursed them on their costs. StormyJoe

Exactly. That first sale to the retailer is a sale. If they don't sell at that point no more are ordered. That's why MS is going with a price cut on the tablets. To hopefully drive up the sales of product already sent to retailers and in turn have more ordered. Which are counted as sales. The loss MS is taking with the tablets is a move to not take a total loss of R&D, advertising, manufacturing costs involved with the tablets. They are just trying to keep it alive.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Ask Sega and Atari and NEC that question.Jakandsigz

No, you are assuming that they don't do that so YOU don't know the answer. But since you can't spot the obvious, they want to inflate numbers, it's extremely common.

so no link or anything? just an assumption?

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

TCHBO! 

Abandon-Thread.gif

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]bu bu teh amazon bestsellers list :cry:AD216
honestly i want it to happen so i can see how the roaches try to damage control it. people will break their damn ankles jumping off the bandwagon

Lol look at these idiots..

The PS4 is leading tremendeously in pre-orders. The chances that the X1 outsells PS4 at launch are 1 out of a million.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Douevenlift_bro

LOL @ $50 price difference.

How can MS ship more when its launching in less countries? Logic fails analyst and lemmings,

Try again.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

In America, no doubt.

Xbox One will easily win America, PS4 will win Europe and Japan (though Japan might not mean much anymore... I bet the PS4 sells 8 million there max).

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 musicalmac  Moderator

In America, no doubt.

Xbox One will easily win America, PS4 will win Europe and Japan (though Japan might not mean much anymore... I bet the PS4 sells 8 million there max).

AHUGECAT
I'm not convinced the PS4 has Europe on lock. Doesn't the Xbox One have exclusive rights to something related to FIFA's Ultimate Team mode? That's a fairly popular title across the Atlantic.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Douevenlift_bro

In America, no doubt.

AHUGECAT

Then why is it still behind in pre-orders? :lol:

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

In America, no doubt.

musicalmac

I'm not convinced the PS4 has Europe on lock. Doesn't the Xbox One have exclusive rights to something related to FIFA's Ultimate Team mode? That's a fairly popular title across the Atlantic.

Then why is PS4 way ahead in pre-orders in Europe?

Also X1 is more expensive than launch fat PS3 was in U.K. Do you people research before you post? lol.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 musicalmac  Moderator

Also X1 is more expensive than launch fat PS3 was in U.K. Do you people research before you post? lol.

Douevenlift_bro
I was posing a question, not making a point.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

musicalmac

I was posing a question, not making a point.

I see. Well, according to pre-orders X1 is doing even worse in Europe than U.S

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#96 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

In other news, pigs fly!

eyebrows
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jakandsigz

CaseyWegner

You should ask yourself that question for assuming they don't. not to mention you need me to link the fact almost all companies try to inflate sales with shiiped numbers? Do i need to really post that google "search for you link" or do I really have to do it for you? You aren't stupid.
LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts
Is anyone else excited about the upcoming SHIPPED TO RETAILERS vs SOLD TO CONSUMERS battles yet to come? I KNOW I AM.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] No, you are assuming that they don't do that so YOU don't know the answer. But since you can't spot the obvious, they want to inflate numbers, it's extremely common.Jakandsigz

You should ask yourself that question for assuming they don't. not to mention you need me to link the fact almost all companies try to inflate sales with shiiped numbers? Do i need to really post that google "search for you link" or do I really have to do it for you? You aren't stupid.

it's more of an assumption to assume that they do than to assume that they don't. retailers order the systems and the manufacturer ships them. they don't just send them out and demand payment.