xbox one and the active duty military

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zombieseesmeat
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

I just watched the "reveal" of the Xbox One, and I must say.......Ouch. Let me start by saying I am a former navy corpsman, served with the 1st battalion 6th marines (1/6 hard)

If the One requires a internet connection every 24 hours to update and scan or whatever, what does that mean for our armed forces over seas, did they not think about this?

Also they forget that internet is not real good abroad in many places.......I don't know what to think of this. Also to any gamespot employee please remind them of our service members needs.

And to all on the forum members pleas remember our service members this memorial day

thank you

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for your service.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
Memorial day?
zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombieseesmeat

thank you:oops:

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Memorial day?freedomfreak

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I just watched the "reveal" of the Xbox One, and I must say.......Ouch. Let me start by saying I am a former navy corpsman, served with the 1st battalion 6th marines (1/6 hard)

If the One requires a internet connection every 24 hours to update and scan or whatever, what does that mean for our armed forces over seas, did they not think about this?

Also they forget that internet is not real good abroad in many places.......I don't know what to think of this. Also to any gamespot employee please remind them of our service members needs.

And to all on the forum members pleas remember our service members this memorial day

thank you

zombieseesmeat

I didn't have Internet for the however many months I was in tech school, sh1t is gonna suck for those going through who own(will own) a One. Should be interesting in the desert as well.

and for memorial day...four day weekend!

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zombieseesmeat

http://chiefs18.kinja.com/how-the-xbox-one-fails-the-armed-forces-509169613

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
No idea.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

http://chiefs18.kinja.com/how-the-xbox-one-fails-the-armed-forces-509169613

zombieseesmeat

if there is one thing the military knows how to do it is support Microsoft(every computer had to run Vista and we're slowly moving to 7)....should be interesting to see how it shapes out.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44569 Posts
Does it actually require checking up every 24 hours or are you speculating? If not you can still be pro-active about it until you do know. Create an online petition that's thoughtful and clear, get a large number of veterans to exclusively sign onto it, have a target number of signatures, and get the endorsement from groups that send pro or celebrity gamers out to countries where troops are on deployment that engage them in through entertainment, there's a small handful of organizations that due this to my knowledge, maybe you being a veteran might be more mindful of them. Get it done quickly, send it to the appropriate channels at Microsoft, heck to Sony for that matter, and see to it that the ability of veterans to game overseas isn't impeded by restrictive DRM measures. And if that's a dead end, bounce the petition toward some media outlets and if they bite maybe that'll put pressure on the companies. Anyhow, better that as you're not gonna get anywhere in a forum like this.
zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zombieseesmeat

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/xboxonemilitary/thank-you

here is a link to the petition

thank you all

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

As a service member who brings his xbox 360 majority of the places I travel, because who knows how long you could be stuck waiting incase something breaks, this is my biggest concern with the Xbox one. I have some small hope that it will change after the backlash MS seems to be getting.

zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zombieseesmeat

----

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lamprey263

thank you all

zombieseesmeat
This comes off like a 12 year old wrote it. It's baselessly presumptuous. These rumors... well, not rumors, are coming from MS reps or people that spoke to MS reps, either way it's essentially a mess of contradictory information, there's reason for concern for sure but the exact details of the concern should be avoided. This should have been written to address the conditions of service men and women who utilize such products while they're performing their duties overseas and such, and ask that MS take their position into consideration as to how they manage their DRM. To baselessly and specifically state accusations such as those mentioned might make those that read this at Microsoft not take the petition seriously. After all if they know what's being asserted isn't going to be the case with respect to their DRM then they won't take action on it. If however you voice concern for the situation of service members they will reflect in how their DRM measures may hinder the ability of deployed service members to utilize their products. Also, the petition needs to be exclusively veteran signatures as to show that size of the veteran community for which this issue effects is large and substantial. Also I suggested the endorsement of military entertainment organizations would also bring weight to your petition. I'm not signing this because it'll probably do more harm than good, this needs to be done write. Also, if it's done right I shouldn't have to sign it anyways. Try again please. Personally, I'd write something like... At this time the lack of specific information of Microsoft's digital media rights for the Xbox One console are causing us American military service men and women concern for our utilization of your product when we're on deployment overseas. Though at the time there appears to be contradictory information with regards to how DRM will be handled, until that gets sorted out, please take the time to understand how any restrictive DRM could hinder our ability to enjoy your gaming products. If the Xbox One requires any form of internet for basic functionality with respect to gaming, many service men and women will be unable to utilize our Xbox One gaming consoles when deployed to remote locations without the necessary means to communicate with Microsoft's online servers, and if such communication is required we'd be unable to utilize our devices. As a veteran of several tours in Afghanistan over the last decade, I've been able to with great satisfaction play both the original Xbox and Xbox 360. Such activities during downtime are relaxing for soldiers enduring the stresses of our vocation. It calms us, preserves moral, and helps us preserve our mental and spiritual strength to be the best soldiers we can be. Being able to utilize Microsoft's gaming consoles also provides soldiers with some of the comforts of being back at home, something in needed supplies in a world much different from which we came. Please take the time to understand how any online requirements you're planning may effect us, and please take that reflection into consideration with respect to your future efforts to sort out how internet requirements will work. We service members of the United States military are grateful for the products and services Microsoft has provided us over the years, and we hope to continue to appreciate all that you do for us fighting men and women. Sincerely, [RANK / NAME / BRANCH / UNIT] something like that
zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zombieseesmeat
[QUOTE="zombieseesmeat"]

thank you all

lamprey263
This comes off like a 12 year old wrote it. It's baselessly presumptuous. These rumors... well, not rumors, are coming from MS reps or people that spoke to MS reps, either way it's essentially a mess of contradictory information, there's reason for concern for sure but the exact details of the concern should be avoided. This should have been written to address the conditions of service men and women who utilize such products while they're performing their duties overseas and such, and ask that MS take their position into consideration as to how they manage their DRM. To baselessly and specifically state accusations such as those mentioned might make those that read this at Microsoft not take the petition seriously. After all if they know what's being asserted isn't going to be the case with respect to their DRM then they won't take action on it. If however you voice concern for the situation of service members they will reflect in how their DRM measures may hinder the ability of deployed service members to utilize their products. Also, the petition needs to be exclusively veteran signatures as to show that size of the veteran community for which this issue effects is large and substantial. Also I suggested the endorsement of military entertainment organizations would also bring weight to your petition. I'm not signing this because it'll probably do more harm than good, this needs to be done write. Also, if it's done right I shouldn't have to sign it anyways. Try again please. Personally, I'd write something like... At this time the lack of specific information of Microsoft's digital media rights for the Xbox One console are causing us American military service men and women concern for our utilization of your product when we're on deployment overseas. Though at the time there appears to be contradictory information with regards to how DRM will be handled, until that gets sorted out, please take the time to understand how any restrictive DRM could hinder our ability to enjoy your gaming products. If the Xbox One requires any form of internet for basic functionality with respect to gaming, many service men and women will be unable to utilize our Xbox One gaming consoles when deployed to remote locations without the necessary means to communicate with Microsoft's online servers, and if such communication is required we'd be unable to utilize our devices. As a veteran of several tours in Afghanistan over the last decade, I've been able to with great satisfaction play both the original Xbox and Xbox 360. Such activities during downtime are relaxing for soldiers enduring the stresses of our vocation. It calms us, preserves moral, and helps us preserve our mental and spiritual strength to be the best soldiers we can be. Being able to utilize Microsoft's gaming consoles also provides soldiers with some of the comforts of being back at home, something in needed supplies in a world much different from which we came. Please take the time to understand how any online requirements you're planning may effect us, and please take that reflection into consideration with respect to your future efforts to sort out how internet requirements will work. We service members of the United States military are grateful for the products and services Microsoft has provided us over the years, and we hope to continue to appreciate all that you do for us fighting men and women. Sincerely, [RANK / NAME / BRANCH / UNIT] something like that

and this post comes off any better, at least I tried, and whether you sign it or not doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is that you insult me, thanks I appreciate being told to try then I am insulted when I do, Thanks really. /sarcasm
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lamprey263
and this post comes off any betterzombieseesmeat
sadly yes, and I wasn't even final drafting it with a fine toothed comb
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Tell your army service people to get PS4 instead. More games, better gfx, no kinect.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I hate to do it, but the armed forces probably make up less than 1 million of the 70+ million 360s sold. It sucks that you guys can't play I mean, but I don't think it really matters to them.  You should probably be caring around a handheld anyways if you're in some super remote location that essentially cut off from the entire world.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Curse you, Microsoft! 

pOreCQR.jpg

Â