Xbox One All-in-One Demo with Yusuf Mehdi and Marc Whitten

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

So it's a cablebox demo?

Here's a better movie of the capabilities of the Xbone 720p

Loading Video...

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Looks like fun

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Looks great but I wasn't expecting anything less to be honest. That's what MS has been doing since they were first created. Is the hardware that is lacking.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

It's the best entertainment box hands-down, it's just a shame it wont be the best gaming box due to the weaker hardware.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Thanks for posting. Will be preordering a X1 now based off of all the great capabilities I just witnessed.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Lookd pretty cool, i hope that its as fluid for people without american accents

GustavoDALBEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GustavoDALBEN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Looks great, gj ms.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Yeah, it looks really good. Can't wait to pick up mine.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

So it's a cablebox demo?

Here's a better movie of the capabilities of the Xbone 720p

Loading Video...

Call of duty...........720p on XBone...lol

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Looks as sh*te as my nokia lumia windows phone interface

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Maybe if I was more of an interesting person I would care about using Kinect, but I'm not.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

OMG THE XBOX LOOKS AMAZING, STUFF U HATERS, U PLAYSTATION FANBOYS, U BUTTHURT!

Pokemon266

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pokemon266
Member since 2009 • 369 Posts

@bumsonfire said:

OMG THE XBOX LOOKS AMAZING, STUFF U HATERS, U PLAYSTATION FANBOYS, U BUTTHURT!

I think i just received aids from reading your post.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

That's so frickin awesome. Anyone who denies how awesome all that is is a blind fan boy

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

People can say what they want, the fact is Sony will never come close to MS in terms of UI, Software and networking.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

So it's pretty much the Windows 8 Metro interface for a console?

I like how fast and responsive it is, though. It's still silly to tell the Xbox to go to Forza 5 when it's right there on the screen and he just needed to press a single button to access it...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
@SonofK said:

People can say what they want, the fact is Sony will never come close to MS in terms of UI, Software and networking.

id rather my GAMING console destroy the competition in GAMES and PERFORMANCE.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SonofK

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Krelian-co

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

i dont need luck, i will get my ps4 console, the succesor to the console with perfect 10s and many gotys, i think you are the one that needs luck with all that kinect and tv focused products and after microsoft ditched xbox as gaming product like 4 years ago.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo said:

It's the best entertainment box hands-down, it's just a shame it wont be the best gaming box due to the weaker hardware.

Yup and for me, I already have a sweet entertainment/media setup, dont need either ps4 or xbone for those type of things.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SonofK

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

i dont need luck, i will get my ps4 console, the succesor to the console with perfect 10s and many gotys, i think you are the one that needs luck with all that kinect and tv focused products and after microsoft ditched xbox as gaming product like 4 years ago.

First, I'm not buying either system right now, I just despise cows

Second, you'll be getting a PS4, with it's bland UI, laggy servers, lack of features and based on what we've seen so far, a lack of games that aren't on other platforms.

Given the fact that you're trying to live off of Sony's past achievements, I think you've realized this fact and are a bit insecure, I hope you've prepared yourself for months of playing Knack and multiplats.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Krelian-co

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

Second, you'll be getting a PS4, with it's bland UI, laggy servers, lack of features and based on what we've seen so far, a lack of games that aren't on other platforms.

Given the fact that you're trying to live off of Sony's past achievements, I think you've realized this fact and are a bit insecure, I hope you've prepared yourself for months of playing Knack and multiplats.

bad damage control, make more bs, and when i pointed out that ps3 had the best library as did ps2 and ps1 im just saying this gen will be no different, playstation brand always delivers games, but hey xbone will get tv to your tv! Keep ignoring one simple thing: microsoft doesnt see xbox as a gaming brand anymore, it wants to turn it into a living room device, which is good for those 2 people on the planet who dont have already laptos, pcs, blu rays and so on, but i want games.

Also despise someone on the internet? i think you need professional help

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@Krelian-co

if you can't see the benefits of better technology for your living room then I feel sorry for you. I have laptops, desktop, smart phone etc but that doesn't mean combining features you would otherwise have to connect multiple devices to you tv and so on isn't a BIG plus.

There is no question if good games will be on x1. Just look at the launch lineups.

when both consoles are running side by side showing games and features, there is no competition for x1 imo.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SonofK

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

bad damage control, make more bs, and when i pointed out that ps3 had the best library as did ps2 and ps1 im just saying this gen will be no different, playstation brand always delivers games, but hey xbone will get tv to your tv! Keep ignoring one simple thing: microsoft doesnt see xbox as a gaming brand anymore, it wants to turn it into a living room device, which is good for those 2 people on the planet who dont have already laptos, pcs, blu rays and so on, but i want games.

Bad damage control? Remind me again, who's the Sony wanker that's on an XB1 related thread right now? Here's a hint, it's you.

Seriously this is hilarious, bash the XB1 yet come to an XB1 related thread to troll while masking your obvious insecurities. You're the textbook definition of a cow. The most insecure group of fanboys on this site.

The rest of your post is just you talking out of your ass. The 2 people on the planet who don't have laptops, PC's, and blu ray players? By this logic does that mean only 2 people are going to buy an XB1? Obviously that isn't the case since, like the PS4, it's sold out everywhere. Obviously 2 is an arbitrary number, but the point is that people want the XB1, otherwise it be stuck on shelves, you know, just like the PS3 was during it's launch?

You also don't seem to understand the concept of having 1 device, OR better yet the concepts of integration. No sh*t most everyone owns a computer, or a blu ray player, what they probably don't have is a device that has all of that in one, integrates them to where you can access any feature easily with voice commands, is a multimedia entertainment center. That's exactly what the XB1 is, that's how it's marketed and that, judging by it's sales, is what people WANT.

Your original statement was that you'd rather have your GAMING console destroy the competition in games and performance.

Well, first off it certainly is lacking in the games department, you're right in saying that Sony does deliver games, but that's a speculative time in the future. PS3 came out in 2006, the best year Sony ever had with it's games was 2009 when Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, KZ2, Ratchet CIT, Infamous came out. Does this mean I need to wait three years for the PS4 to get going with the games?

I don't know, it's speculative when they're going to start pumping out the quality titles, it certainly isn't going to be 2014 unless they announce something major at E3. But this is Sony where talking about, Sony who is notorious for announcing games in advance, usually 1-3 years, and many end up getting delayed over and over again, still waiting for Last Guardian?

Finally, I like how you put an emphasis on gaming in your original comment, are you implying that the XB1 is not a gaming machine? Because last time I checked it played games. Is my PC not a gaming machine because it can watch movies, or surf the internet, or do word documentation?

Calling the PS4 a GAMING Machine is just an excuse or the PS4 lacking the features that it's competition has. An excuse for Sony not pushing innovation in it's consoles. Features that are going to be convenient, well integrated and used by both the hardcore and casuals.

And you know what the greatest irony is?

Does this ring any bells to any of you cows? Yeah, Sony tried to market the PS3 a multimedia device, a gaming machine, a bluray player, even a terrible internet browser, cows had no problem touting this, the only problem is the PS3 did most of it's features POORLY.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Amazing!!! Jump Ahead!!

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Xbox One: It Only Does Everything, No Really It Does Unlike The Others That Claimed They Did.

Anyway any real live demos of PSN yet? So far all I've watched from Sony is magical videos on how they want PSN to be. The PS4 coming out next week and no live demos like this, just sing-a-long ads. That smells trouble to be honest.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

And this is why there won't be any competition this gen. Gamers aren't just 20 something or younger. They are 40-50 year olds now that have grown up with gaming and love their entertainment choices all in one place. For $500 I get games and a hell of a lot more.

Sony better seriously step up their game this gen otherwise it won't even be close.

That video was simply amazing!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kuu2

@Heil68 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

Yup and for me, I already have a sweet entertainment/media setup, dont need either ps4 or xbone for those type of things.

There is nothing in your entertainment center that does what that video just showed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Heil68

@kuu2 said:

@Heil68 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

There is nothing in your entertainment center that does what that video just showed.

It could roast marshmallows and make me a cup of tea, I dont care. I have everything I need and it's all controlled by 1 remote.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Krelian-co

@YD_11 said:

@Krelian-co

if you can't see the benefits of better technology for your living room then I feel sorry for you. I have laptops, desktop, smart phone etc but that doesn't mean combining features you would otherwise have to connect multiple devices to you tv and so on isn't a BIG plus.

There is no question if good games will be on x1. Just look at the launch lineups.

when both consoles are running side by side showing games and features, there is no competition for x1 imo.

id rather have the best GAMING CONSOLE aka PS4 than a device that is mediocre at everything aka XBONE. Also your "combining" is bs, i do everything i want on my laptop, EVERYTHING, in fact this gen i do it, i downloaded ps media server and just stream everything i want to the ps3.

Launch games are mediocre for both consoles, but as always playstation brand will roll those gotys and 10s, xbone will be lucky if it gets even one goty this time.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuu2
@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

Bad damage control? Remind me again, who's the Sony wanker that's on an XB1 related thread right now? Here's a hint, it's you.

Seriously this is hilarious, bash the XB1 yet come to an XB1 related thread to troll while masking your obvious insecurities. You're the textbook definition of a cow. The most insecure group of fanboys on this site.

The rest of your post is just you talking out of your ass. The 2 people on the planet who don't have laptops, PC's, and blu ray players? By this logic does that mean only 2 people are going to buy an XB1? Obviously that isn't the case since, like the PS4, it's sold out everywhere. Obviously 2 is an arbitrary number, but the point is that people want the XB1, otherwise it be stuck on shelves, you know, just like the PS3 was during it's launch?

You also don't seem to understand the concept of having 1 device, OR better yet the concepts of integration. No sh*t most everyone owns a computer, or a blu ray player, what they probably don't have is a device that has all of that in one, integrates them to where you can access any feature easily with voice commands, is a multimedia entertainment center. That's exactly what the XB1 is, that's how it's marketed and that, judging by it's sales, is what people WANT.

Your original statement was that you'd rather have your GAMING console destroy the competition in games and performance.

Well, first off it certainly is lacking in the games department, you're right in saying that Sony does deliver games, but that's a speculative time in the future. PS3 came out in 2006, the best year Sony ever had with it's games was 2009 when Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, KZ2, Ratchet CIT, Infamous came out. Does this mean I need to wait three years for the PS4 to get going with the games?

I don't know, it's speculative when they're going to start pumping out the quality titles, it certainly isn't going to be 2014 unless they announce something major at E3. But this is Sony where talking about, Sony who is notorious for announcing games in advance, usually 1-3 years, and many end up getting delayed over and over again, still waiting for Last Guardian?

Finally, I like how you put an emphasis on gaming in your original comment, are you implying that the XB1 is not a gaming machine? Because last time I checked it played games. Is my PC not a gaming machine because it can watch movies, or surf the internet, or do word documentation?

Calling the PS4 a GAMING Machine is just an excuse or the PS4 lacking the features that it's competition has. An excuse for Sony not pushing innovation in it's consoles. Features that are going to be convenient, well integrated and used by both the hardcore and casuals.

And you know what the greatest irony is?

Does this ring any bells to any of you cows? Yeah, Sony tried to market the PS3 a multimedia device, a gaming machine, a bluray player, even a terrible internet browser, cows had no problem touting this, the only problem is the PS3 did most of it's features POORLY.

UltraaaaaaCombooooooo!!!!

Best post of the thread by far.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krelian-co

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Good luck with that

Bunch of nonsense

TL DR

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

The UI seems very fast and smooth, impressive demo too bad i wont be able to take advantage of most of the media features since i'm in a Tier 3 country

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuu2

@EPaul said:

The UI seems very fast and smooth, impressive demo too bad i wont be able to take advantage of most of the media features since i'm in a Tier 3 country

You are right you will never be able to utilize them.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonofK

@Krelian-co said:

Launch games are mediocre for both consoles, but as always playstation brand will roll those gotys and 10s, xbone will be lucky if it gets even one goty this time.

So I looked into this and, fun fact

Out of the major game publications that were around during the PS1 and the PS2, IGN, Gameinformer, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Xplay, Gamespy, EGM, Metacritic, Gamerankings, Gamefaqs

Didn't get a SINGLE GOTY award for exclusives, the only exception is God of War getting 1 GOTY award.

So really, the Playstation brand hasn't rolled out GOTY's, it's mainly the PS3 who got three GOTY on Gamespot and a few others. That's a big step down from what you were claiming.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Krelian-co

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

Out of the major game publications that were around during the PS1 and the PS2, IGN, Gameinformer, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Xplay, Gamespy, EGM, Metacritic, Gamerankings, Gamefaqs

Didn't get a SINGLE GOTY award for exclusives, the only exception is God of War getting 1 GOTY award.

So really, the Playstation brand hasn't rolled out GOTY's, it's mainly the PS3 who got three GOTY on Gamespot and a few others. That's a big step down from what you were claiming.

implying that only ps3 destroyed xbox? xD

sad news for you champ, ps1 and ps2 are considered the best consoles ever, not even close and they also destroyed their competition in game and everything else, but if you want to deny that fact, by all means show us those facts xD

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SonofK

@Krelian-co said:

@SonofK said:

@Krelian-co said:

implying that only ps3 destroyed xbox? xD

sad news for you champ, ps1 and ps2 are considered the best consoles ever, not even close and they also destroyed their competition in game and everything else, but if you want to deny that fact, by all means show us those facts xD

It doesn't matter, you claimed that the Playstation BRAND rolls out GOTY titles, I proved it false, just like the rest of your nonsense. If you want to backtrack then go ahead, but it doesn't change the fact that I've debunked two of your inane post on this thread so far.

Champ...

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

This should have been at the reveal.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@Krelian-co said:
@SonofK said:

Then get a PC.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SonofK

@danabo said:

This should have been at the reveal.

They were probably still working on it back then.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kuu2

Evolve or die and Sony has been dying for a decade because they can't evolve.

Innovation is the currency of the day and unfortunately Sony is broke.

The Kinect abilities are simply incredible. The way Kinect can follow you around the room is awesome. The way Kinect can distinguish who is talking and actually know which UI to switch to is awesome. I have multiple people in my home and each can have their own UI setup. Simply brilliant!

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SonofK

@kuu2 said:

Evolve or die and Sony has been dying for a decade because they can't evolve.

Innovation is the currency of the day and unfortunately Sony is broke.

The Kinect abilities are simply incredible. The way Kinect can follow you around the room is awesome. The way Kinect can distinguish who is talking and actually know which UI to switch to is awesome. I have multiple people in my home and each can have their own UI setup. Simply brilliant!

buh buh but its not teh gaming machinez....soni carez about teh gamerz

In fact, I wouldn't have minded the DRM since people who play on Steam has been doing that for years. It would of reduce pirates and cheaters. Oh well, maybe next gen.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

And this is why the system is struggling with games.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SonofK

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Sooo..the XB1 has an amazing UI and network infrastructure, AND has a decent lineup of games for the next 6 months

Where Sony has a terrible UI and software infrastructure, and has Knack...

Not seeing the correlation here

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@SonofK: It's pretty simple really. While you can never improve your HW. You can always improve your software.

Sony already has the best HW. They got 8 years till the next, next gen to perfect their OS.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
@Truth_Hurts_U said:

Yeah, that's why I'm getting the world class PS4 first. By gamers, for gamers, the Sony way.

I'll get xbone when enough exclusives appeal to me, the gamer.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SonofK

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

@SonofK: It's pretty simple really. While you can never improve your HW. You can always improve your software.

Sony already has the best HW. They got 8 years till the next, next gen to perfect their OS.

I guess Sony didn't get the memo, no wonder their software has been utter shi*t for the last decade