xbox fanboy owning a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nikehustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nikehustler
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts
I have been bashing the PS3 for a while now and have found myself in quite a dilema. I now want to buy a PS3 for Motorstorm, Blueray, and other games along the way, but I will go against what I have been saying about the PS3 and helping their sales get to what the 360 has achieved since now. For all you fanboys out there should I buy a PS3 and pretend like I never said anything or blow it off? 
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
If you do you get a hell of a lot of enjoyment from your PS3.

If you don't you miss out on games like Motorstorm, GT5, MGSIV, FFXIII, etc.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I have been bashing the PS3 for a while now and have found myself in quite a dilema. I now want to buy a PS3 for Motorstorm, Blueray, and other games along the way, but I will go against what I have been saying about the PS3 and helping their sales get to what the 360 has achieved since now. For all you fanboys out there should I buy a PS3 and pretend like I never said anything or blow it off? nikehustler
Thats good, I don't want Motorstorm or Blueray.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
If you want one buy it. Don't let brand loyalty keep you from enjoying games you want.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
then buy it.... more people then fanboys think actually want a ps3 but the problem is price... example my friend tom he was super obsessed with ps2 and b4 wii called nintendo kiddy and gc dumb and then ps3 came out and he waited for one and didnt get one so then he was left with 600 dollars and then some (tax) and bought a wii with like 8 games and he now is obsessed with that and he doesnt want a ps3 anymore he says... (he probably does he just cant get it (price)).... people are stuck between how much they actually want one cuz the price is hurting it overall
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
The only thing wrong with what you're doing is that it's expensive. Beyond that, if you actually CAN afford a PS3 and a 360, by Christ, don't hesitate to pick one up. Some of the games coming out for PS3 will dominate and you'll be happy you bought one. If you've already got a 360 you're going to be able to make fun of all of your friends for years to come...until they steal one of your consoles and all your games.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#9 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
If you have the cash and want the console, then stop being a fanboy and get a PS3.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
I wanted one, more or less to have one. And then I played the Motorstorm demo at EB today...and wow. Amazing graphics, huge courses, excellent designs on tracks and cars, no framerate issues. Just wow.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
Wii doesn't even have 8 good games out. Wii has 1 good game out and maybe 2 decent games out. At least you can High-def it up on PS3.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
At some point along the PS3's lifespan most people here will probably own one. I personally have not seen the game that has sold me yet but around 2008-2009 the PS3 will start to get the releases that people buy Sony consoles for.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet that would make me go out and buy one anytime soon execpt fot the rumor that BC might be gimped in the later versions. Other than that, nada.
Nintendo-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nintendo-Wii
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
Seriously, Motorstorm is not a reason to go spending tons of money on a PS3. Wait til something actually worthwhile comes out for it.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

Seriously, Motorstorm is not a reason to go spending tons of money on a PS3. Wait til something actually worthwhile comes out for it.Nintendo-Wii

So you are going to tell him what's worth his money?  News flash dude he HAS SEEN xbox360...and Motorstorm is still an impressive to him.  Not only that his centaments reflect a large amount of the undecided gamers out there in the population.  wheather you want to belive it or not Motorstorm is seen as an amazing game by almost everyone who sees it.  When there are 2 kioks with (incert any random xbox360 game used to demo in stores) and a PS3 demo with motorstom the diffrene is undeniable.  And when someone switches over to First person view and glances of to whatever is being shown on the 360 it's almost embarrasing. 

Here is a sad fact that xbox fans are reluctant to admit.  Gears of War was the first really impressive game and system seller on the xbox360 but that calibur of game with the PS3 is already upon us and will be released on the PS3 next month.  From the eyes of consumers Motorstom IS PS3's first killer app.  Only thing is...it only took PS3 4 months.

Sensui1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Sensui1986
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
Well... you've got to make a decision here. Both 360 and PS3 will have great games available to it. It's up to you if you really want to get them both, and have the money for it... then I say, do it. some people like having a LOT of games, but I like finishing them as completely as possible, so I have enough with the 360 games.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
I have been bashing the PS3 for a while now and have found myself in quite a dilema. I now want to buy a PS3 for Motorstorm, Blueray, and other games along the way, but I will go against what I have been saying about the PS3 and helping their sales get to what the 360 has achieved since now. For all you fanboys out there should I buy a PS3 and pretend like I never said anything or blow it off? nikehustler
The past is the past and you cant change it. And one piece of advice...dont ever ask fanboys to tell what to buy and what not
SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
If you want it, and have the money, buy it. If you're afraid to buy it just because of what you said in some random internet forum (no offense), then you're an idiot (again, no offense).
icebergs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 icebergs
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

the-very-best

What's the etc.?

PS3 has more games that are good?

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]If you do you get a hell of a lot of enjoyment from your PS3.

icebergs

What's the etc.?

In a word...yes. 

Castlevania, Devil May Cry 4, Eight Days, Gradius, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Monster Hunter 3, Tekken 6 :P ya know... etc, just like the guy was saying.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

[QUOTE="the-very-best"]If you do you get a hell of a lot of enjoyment from your PS3.

icebergs

What's the etc.?

Yea, if you werent ignorant and maybe could actually do research you would know.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I have been bashing the PS3 for a while now and have found myself in quite a dilema. I now want to buy a PS3 for Motorstorm, Blueray, and other games along the way, but I will go against what I have been saying about the PS3 and helping their sales get to what the 360 has achieved since now. For all you fanboys out there should I buy a PS3 and pretend like I never said anything or blow it off? nikehustler

I felt the same way, and now find myself putting money aside for the PS3 as well.  My girlfriend can't believe it, my parents would laugh if they knew, but I don't care.  I want one, and I want it badly.  Not as much as a 360 though but who cares...having them both means I don't have to miss out on any exclusives (that I care about...sorry Wii).
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="icebergs"]

proof11102

What's the etc.?

In a word...yes. 

Castlevania, Devil May Cry 4, Eight Days, Gradius, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Monster Hunter 3, Tekken 6 :P ya know... etc, just like the guy was saying.

Wow. And you can tell that's a good game by the questionable trailer and almost no details about the game since...? Monster Hunter? Really? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually going to get a PS3 this year at all.

johngmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 johngmills
Member since 2005 • 4349 Posts
I say if you want one get it...I'm hoping to get one.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

Go get one I'd say.

People should fanboyism aside.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

the-very-best

Stop listing those flopstastic games. If you get a ps3 you will get a dust collector which also has a PS2 in it.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Every console is great. You should own them all.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RAZZY_B

[QUOTE="nikehustler"]I have been bashing the PS3 for a while now and have found myself in quite a dilema. I now want to buy a PS3 for Motorstorm, Blueray, and other games along the way, but I will go against what I have been saying about the PS3 and helping their sales get to what the 360 has achieved since now. For all you fanboys out there should I buy a PS3 and pretend like I never said anything or blow it off? TheSystemLord1

I felt the same way, and now find myself putting money aside for the PS3 as well.  My girlfriend can't believe it, my parents would laugh if they knew, but I don't care.  I want one, and I want it badly.  Not as much as a 360 though but who cares...having them both means I don't have to miss out on any exclusives (that I care about...sorry Wii).

I feel the same way.

I dont bash any system, im just not interested in the Wii personally.

I already have a 360, and am waiting to see if the Ps3 will actually catch on (I really think it will, Thier Sony, im sure they know what they doin......I think :lol:)

Anyways I still want one.

RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RAZZY_B

Every console is great. You should own them all.DaysAirlines

Well said....

BTW

Brown For Life

:D

(you shud know what im talkin about.)

ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
I say if you want one get it...I'm hoping to get one.johngmills
Agree
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
just do whatever YOU like.. it's your life remember.. bashing out of fanboyism was probably just because you were 10 years old...
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RAZZY_B

turgore

Stop listing those flopstastic games. If you get a ps3 you will get a dust collector which also has a PS2 in it.

How old are you....cuz if you say your any older then 15-16

then you sir shud be ashamed, for letting such craptacular comments coming between you and accepting a good console.

Well whos losing out?, not me, Just you.