xbox Elite or PS 80?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

faToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 faToe
Member since 2003 • 91 Posts
which one do you think is better, the elite with the 120 or the 80gb ps3. I was thinking about getting it, any suggestion. Also, anybody owns the black case wii, what's it features? is it just a black case...?
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

which one do you think is better, the elite with the 120 or the 80gb ps3. I was thinking about getting it, any suggestion. Also, anybody owns the black case wii, what's it features? is it just a black case...?faToe

It comes down to what exclusives you want.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
no one can tell you which console you should get, just look at the games for each console and see which one you like best
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts

I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.EmperorSupreme

you don't "have to" at all... what u on about?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

There is no 80gig unless you buy a used one or buy one on the internet, it's discontinued.

It will be back when the MGS bundle releases.

Since you have to get it through an internet site anyway you may as well get a 60gig with all the bells and whistles of full Backwards compatibility and the mem card slots.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.crunchUK

you don't "have to" at all... what u on about?

He's talking about media server capabilities. Read the post rather than jumping to conclusions.

cohmiracleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cohmiracleman
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts

Sorry my friend but its a really bad question to be asking here on SW. Your going to be getting alot of biased answers, so my suggestion is do some research on them both and narrow it down to pros and cons and find out which one you want in a way kinda like that.

I own an XBOX 360 and am quite happy with it, I play alot of Halo 3, GTA 4, Forza 2, PGR 4, and i might be the only person left on the planet that plays Perfect Dark Zero.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
if you go with the PS3 i would just get a 40gig. Save a hundred dollars and buy games/controller/PS2/HDD....unless your so stubborn that you can't have 2 systems connected to the same tv.Personally I wish i had just got a 40gig but w/e.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.EmperorSupreme

Uh, no, you can buy an external HDD and plug it into the 360 to view files and media.

El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Get 'em both. That's the best thing one can do.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EmperorSupreme

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.Nagidar

Uh, no, you can buy an external HDD and plug it into the 360 to view files and media.

That's good to know.. Didn't know you could do that, I thought it had to be streamed. If you attach it via USB can you copy it to the X360 or does it have to stay on the USB drive?

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.EmperorSupreme

That's good to know.. Didn't know you could do that, I thought it had to be streamed. If you attach it via USB can you copy it to the X360 or does it have to stay on the USB drive?

it will stay on the USB drive. its hard drive sin't like the CP and PS3 hard drive where you can just stor any amout of files on it unless it is music. besides keeping ity on an external hard drive would be better. Especially since the 360 HD is small.

FOr the elite I guess there would be a reason to. I actually wish I had an elite right now. I'll probably buy one in the fall.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nagidar
[QUOTE="Nagidar"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]I'd go PS3 40gb then use the extra difference to buy a 320gb drive for it, which you can find for around $130 now. Also if you are planning on using it for games and it's media capabilities then definetly go PS3. X360 you have to stream most files off of a PC, PS3 does that as well, but you can also store them on the PS3 itself which is much better.EmperorSupreme

I haven't played with this in a while, but from I remember, you had to keep it on the USB HDD (Could have been changed, not sure though), I usually just stream it from my PC's and don't use a USB HDD, all of my PC's combined have around 2.5TB of HDD space, So I have no need to hook another HDD up to my 360.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmperorSupreme

@Nagidar

@too_much_eslim

Thanks for the info, actually I wish I would've known that before.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nagidar

@Nagidar

@too_much_eslim

Thanks for the info, actually I wish I would've known that before.

EmperorSupreme

Check out the "Spring update rumor" for XBL, one of the rumored updates is the ability to copy files directly to your 360 HDD, if true, that would be interesting, even though I believe MS should have allowed this to begin with.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

Lets see...

The elite has 40 more gigs, a headset, a hdmi cable, and a ethernet cable. $50 more however.

The 80gb has 80gb, wifi, and a bluray player.

Both have value. To choose either one would be a choice of personal preference.

However, given the video marketplace is soooo developed, and PS3 has 0 tv/movies to download, the fact that 360 has 2x the games library of PS3, and that LIVE gold only gives the 360 more value when factored in, the 360 Elite makes more sense.