Xbox developing TV series based on rapper Nas

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Guess it's too much to ask for games.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

Would prefer them to spend that money on developing new games.

When you have a lot of money you can and should diversify your investments. This is only one of them.

Game investment is not lacking on The One, the PauperStation 4 on the other hand......

Game development for the PlayStation 4 is not 'lacking' when compared to Xbox One...

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Then why did you buy a PS4?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@GamingGod999 said:

@kuu2 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

When you have a lot of money you can and should diversify your investments. This is only one of them.

Game investment is not lacking on The One, the PauperStation 4 on the other hand......

Game development for the PlayStation 4 is not 'lacking' when compared to Xbox One...

It is in 2014 for sure from an exclusive AAA perspective.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Heil68

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

SONY's proven track record of GOTY, perfect 10/10. top 5 GOAT games. With MS all we have to go by is in 2009, when MS did the unthinkable. MS dropped core to go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol) to chase the Wii's pot of gold. BIG difference.

Not to mention SONY is driven by the by gamers for gamers mantra, while practicing the Live, Learn and Love philosophy. It makes SONY and the juggernaut PS4 the clear choice.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jakandsigz

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

SONY's proven track record of GOTY, perfect 10/10. top 5 GOAT games. With MS all we have to go by is in 2009, when MS did the unthinkable. MS dropped core to go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol) to chase the Wii's pot of gold. BIG difference.

Not to mention SONY is driven by the by gamers for gamers mantra, while practicing the Live, Learn and Love philosophy. It makes SONY and the juggernaut PS4 the clear choice.

That doesn't answer the questions. Because your last post was present tense. So again, why did you buy a PS4 since for some reason to you, the console with more games is not enough for you. Because iit doesn't have games according to you.

See when you just fake post every single other time you post in a thread you really mess up a lot.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GamingGod999

@kuu2 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

@kuu2 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

Having a triple AAA budget doesn't guarantee a great game. *Shudders from the memories of Too Human, Lair and Ryse*

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Heil68

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

That doesn't answer the questions. Because your last post was present tense. So again, why did you buy a PS4 since for some reason to you, the console with more games is not enough for you. Because iit doesn't have games according to you.

See when you just fake post every single other time you post in a thread you really mess up a lot.

You asked why I chose SONY and bought a PS4 and I told you.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GamingGod999

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

I think the PS4 has a larger game library.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kuu2

@GamingGod999 said:

@kuu2 said:

@GamingGod999 said:

Having a triple AAA budget doesn't guarantee a great game. *Shudders from the memories of Too Human, Lair and Ryse*

Yep but not having many in 2014 sure does decrease the chances.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Nas? xbone's really behind the times if they're trying to capture that youth demographic. lmao.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Heil68

@GamingGod999 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

I think the PS4 has a larger game library.

Indeed, not to mention:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-confirms-more-than-100-ps4-games-will-launch-in-2014

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Stunning SONY gives us so MUCH.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@lhughey said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Looks like another high quality, raise the bar as high as possible, we think you are a very clever use base win for the xbox.

The show is a "premium" "exclusive" like the halo man tv show about a man in a motocross helmet shooting pokemon.

U Jelly Playstation fanboys?

For many xbox people, this will fill the Breaking Bad void and make the $500 console worth the money, no doubt.

Its part of the exclusive programming as gamers come from all kinds of backgrounds and have all kinds of interest. Nas is one of my fav artists, but no doubt MS will profile people from different music genres, TV shows, athletes ect. And since this is free programming its a win in my book. As for the $500 worth, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct Season 1 and 2, and Gears of War 4 all justify my purchase :)

My friend, I find calling rappers "artists" an insult to real music that takes effort. What this essentially is, is children rhymes. Replacing whimsical with boasting about crime, gratuitous swear words and demeaning woman and you pretty much have every rap ever produced. Most of these rap men, they don't know how to play a single instrument. In fact, a lot of the time they just steal "beats". (from real music). Then, when they become rich, we get to watch these silly men on music videos wear a cap sideways, bounce up and down showing off jewellery and pointing at woman's rear ends. It's the low point of culture.

You correct. The only real music is music from when music was invented, likely by Africans thousands of years ago.

My friend, once again you young fellows delve into the cheap easy route of race. Making superior arguments, I focused on the medium, not the skin color. This constant latching on to "Africa" argument rather than the actual quality of the source materiel is a disturbing sign of the times.

For your information young man, I play the clarinet.

Cheap route? That's interesting. I never mentioned one thing about race. I simply gave a basis for the start of music to illustrate the point that each new type of music has been criticized by those who listened to earlier music. Constant latching on to Africa? That's amusing. I simply mentioned the continent once, and apparently I'm consistently "latching" on to it? If it makes you feel less threatened, I can say that music was conceived in Western Europe. It really doesn't matter to me or the argument I was making.

The discussion of merits of music is something that has happened every generation. I'm guessing you play more classical music than Jazz. But jazz is the perfect example of music that was recently vilified, commercialized, now idolized as the gold standard by many "purists". I'm sure the churches in Western Europe that that classical music was the work of the devil and that only folk music had merit. But now you're playing the clarinet.

I think your kid names for me are pretty funny grandpa. You seem to be getting your rebuttals and general grumpiness from John McCain, "my friend". And for the record, I am probably your senior in intelligent, salary, educational achievement, mental fortitude AND age, so take "young man" condescending crap elsewhere.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jakandsigz

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

No that was not the whole question. You like to dodge things when someone points out you're stupid. Mr."Guess it's too much to ask for games."

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

No that was not the whole question. You like to dodge things when someone points out you're stupid. Mr."Guess it's too much to ask for games."

Did you see this though?

SONY IS AWESOME

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Hahaha what this, 1994? TLHBO!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kuu2

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Just trying to follow in the footsteps of Sony with their SlyCooper, and Heavenly Sword movies. You know, try to broaden the audience of their platform.............

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@blackace said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@blackace said:

@uninspiredcup: I could care less about this show. I probably will watch the Halo show however. Not sure why people are complaining. Viacom has a lineup of shows being prepared for the PS4 as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/16/sonys-viacom-deal-is-big-news-for-ps4/

I'm sure we'll see some big announcement about it at the E3. I have no problem with new shows, especially if it's no extra cost on top of my XBL subscription.

I think some of us would perfer a gaming division of a company to spend money on games instead of TV shows.

mark my words...microsoft will sell xbox division. I am almost positive now

LOL!! No, they won't. Especially after making $6.5 billion in net profit this last quarter. If their division is making money, there's no way they will sell it. Unlike Sony who has already sold their PC/Laptop division and is about to sell their HDTV business to a subsidiary company. Mark my words. Sony will lose another billion this year as well. Kaz is going to be fired before the end of the year.

Unfortunately Xbox profits was probably less than 1 percent of that if any at all. Microsoft has plenty of hardware failures under their belt as well. ZUNE, SURFACE, Windows Phones, Xbox(still hasn't recouped its intial investment). They have just been able to absorb the blows better thanks to Windows, Office and a few other virtual monopolies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Just trying to follow in the footsteps of Sony with their SlyCooper, and Heavenly Sword movies. You know, try to broaden the audience of their platform.............

How is producing a non-gaming related TV series following in the steps of Sony? At least what Sony is doing is related to games, this just feels like MS pandering to the audience they really want in the casual who's more into TV and media.

Then again i spose MS don't have the same collection of gaming franchises to work with.

I'm sceptical how popular this would be anywhere outside of NA too so i'm not sure it's exactly broadening audiences.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

terrible. awful. ghastly. abhorrent.

sounds about as appealing as a hydrochloric enema.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kuu2
@hoosier7 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

How is producing a non-gaming related TV series following in the steps of Sony? At least what Sony is doing is related to games, this just feels like MS pandering to the audience they really want in the casual who's more into TV and media.

Then again i spose MS don't have the same collection of gaming franchises to work with.

I'm sceptical how popular this would be anywhere outside of NA too so i'm not sure it's exactly broadening audiences.

Keep spinning it...........

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

How many jobs did this create? Im sure quite a few and Im all for job creation.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@CrownKingArthur said:

Yo,Yo, I started on the streets slangin Dope and crack. and, and this is my Crib! Yo,Yo!

I also go by the name Kanye West, Tupac was my cousin and this is my life story.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Not Jealous at all, I own both and won't be touching this with a 10 foot poll. Rap/Hiphop = bleeding ears

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Yo,Yo, I started on the streets slangin Dope and crack. and, and this is my Crib! Yo,Yo!

I also go by the name Kanye West, Tupac was my cousin and this is my life story.

oh well if it's going to be that good

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ReadingRainbow4

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Not Jealous at all, I own both and won't be touching this with a 10 foot poll. Rap/Hiphop = bleeding ears

Nah Drake is Fire.

Fiyaaaaaaaaaaah!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

This is like garbage can level productions when compared to the music/films/tv shows that Sony produces. Hell Illmatic was released on Columbia Records which is/was owned by Sony. Microsoft has no idea what they are doing with this console. Just throw money around and hope something sticks.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

This is like garbage can level productions when compared to the movies/films/tv shows that Sony produces. Hell Illmatic was released on Columbia Records which is/was owned by Sony. Microsoft has no idea what they are doing with this console.

Through desperation they have paid off the media to make out Titanfall as the next Call Of Duty. They vitally need it as the Xbone is basically a huge disaster. When reality kicks in, the curtain pulled back and the wizard revealed as another shitty EA game, the bricks will fall and dramatic shit will happen.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Draign

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

So what are you saying?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ReadingRainbow4

@draign said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

So what are you saying?

Y'known what I'm saiyan?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Draign

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@draign said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

So what are you saying?

Y'known what I'm saiyan?

Macklemore, is that you?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Nah Drake is Fire.

Fiyaaaaaaaaaaah!

Yup, Nathan Drake is a better game character. PS4 definitely providing better content.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

Give it rest dude. Each gen has been completely different than the last. I bet you thought the 360 would be killed off after 4 years as they did with the original Xbox.

MS has already proven it's putting forth a ton of effort into getting the games this gen. Didn't you buy an XOne? If you wanted to get with "proven" track record, shouldn't you have waited on the PS4? I seem to remember Sony consoles lack in the games department in the 1st couple of each consoles years.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

So glad I gave up console "gaming"

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Heil68

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

Give it rest dude. Each gen has been completely different than the last. I bet you thought the 360 would be killed off after 4 years as they did with the original Xbox.

MS has already proven it's putting forth a ton of effort into getting the games this gen. Didn't you buy an XOne? If you wanted to get with "proven" track record, shouldn't you have waited on the PS4? I seem to remember Sony consoles lack in the games department in the 1st couple of each consoles years.

I own both the PS4 and Xbone, since I'm the poster who fights for truth, justice and freedom, not to mention being the unbiased as I am.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Looks like another high quality, raise the bar as high as possible, we think you are a very clever use base win for the xbox.

The show is a "premium" "exclusive" like the halo man tv show about a man in a motocross helmet shooting pokemon.

U Jelly Playstation fanboys?

For many xbox people, this will fill the Breaking Bad void and make the $500 console worth the money, no doubt.

Its part of the exclusive programming as gamers come from all kinds of backgrounds and have all kinds of interest. Nas is one of my fav artists, but no doubt MS will profile people from different music genres, TV shows, athletes ect. And since this is free programming its a win in my book. As for the $500 worth, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct Season 1 and 2, and Gears of War 4 all justify my purchase :)

Topic just backfired on TC.

Shut down the devils town.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

I own both the PS4 and Xbone, since I'm the poster who fights for truth, justice and freedom, not to mention being the unbiased as I am.

I cant help but crack up at the stuff you write. I love you man. You always get a chuckle out of me. P2m Rules!

FormerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FormerTeam
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Ok this is just stupid. I didn't shell out 500 for a show starring a rapper past his prime. Do they not realize that they have put in the ability to capturing video on this console? Great ... pay for exclusive content that will probably be streaming via one of your customer's console. The pirates will have a field day with this.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Xbox developing TV series based on rapper Nas.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

1 Billion dollars on exclusive... TV shows about rap and video games?

Funny enough that it seems almost all common Lemmings shown in this thread are rap fans - I suppose Microsoft knows their demographic well. Kinect watching/listening to people / targeted advertising confirmed?