X1 to-PC Streaming Whilst Watching TV - Controller update

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Mang the X1 just keeps transforming, I think we should call it Optimus Prime. :P

And it seems MS wasn't kidding when they said they're just getting started..

All this with DX12 and CloudPowah on the Horizon.

What ya think?

The Story.

----

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-envisions-console-to-pc-streaming-whilst/1100-6424909/

Xbox Boss Envisions Console-to-PC Streaming Whilst Watching TV

Microsoft ponders feasibility of Xbox One multitasking TV feed with games streaming to Windows 10 devices.

Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox division, wants to implement the Xbox One's console-to-PC game streaming as a possible background function when watching TV.

It means the console could theoretically stream playable game content to a connected PC over Wi-Fi, whilst the main TV could still be displaying a TV feed. The ambitious plan, if enacted, could significantly bolster the Xbox One's reputation as a multi-tasking multimedia device. Spencer has cautioned, however, that the team hasn't yet determined whether it's feasible in practice.

During Microsoft's Windows 10 media briefing, the corporation revealed plans to allow the Xbox One to stream games--much like PS Vita Remote Play--to PCs or Windows tablets on the same home network.

"Wouldn't it be great if we could play those [Xbox One games] anywhere in the house?" Spencer said, before demonstrating Forza Horizon 2 being streamed to, and played on, a Windows 10 PC.

The feature is expected to roll out later this year.

Spencer has since revealed on Twitter that he wants the Xbox One to still function as a media player whilst this streaming occurs. When asked by a fan whether it was possible to play on PC whilst watching TV through the console, he replied: "That's our goal but we haven't completely landed the feature yet so we can't promise it yet."

Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3Follow

@CopEryte That's our goal but we haven't completely landed the feature yet so we can't promise it yet.

8:33 PM - 23 Jan 20152 Retweets 12 favorites

--- Even moooaaar transforming, Optimus Prime it is :P

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/beta-tests-underway-for-xbox-one-controller-update/1100-6424906/

Beta Tests Underway for Xbox One Controller Update

New firmware improves connection speeds and stability.

Microsoft has begun rolling out a new software update for the Xbox One controller, which adds some minor tweaks and improvements.

The latest firmware (version 1.2.2236.0) is currently being tested by members of the Xbox Preview Program, though there's no public release date yet. The two key changes and tweaks, according to Microsoft, are:

• Quick Connect: Previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in around 2 seconds.
  • Stability improvements: The firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants.

In order to update the controller firmware, users must connect the pad to their Xbox One with a USB cable (Microsoft advises players keep their headsets connected too), then connect to Xbox Live, press Menu, go to Settings > Devices & accessories, and select the controller icon.

After this, the new firmware will be downloaded onto the pad.

Microsoft has a proactive policy of gradually improving the Xbox One via numerous software updates. The console's platform software is usually updated once a month, while, less frequently, the controller is tweaked for enhanced performance.

----

For those interested...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talking-xbox-one-cross-platform-windows-/1100-6424999/

Microsoft Talking Xbox One, Cross-Platform, Windows 10, Fable, And More At GDC

Xbox company reveals plans for Game Developers Conference; includes more than 16 presentations

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

wow, so you mean they are going to make a feature so i don't have to press a button on my tv remote? thanks microsoft, pushing that remote button had me exhausted. gamechanger imho.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

I do like that people "pondering" stuff now counts as news! :D

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Desmonic said:

well, good "xbox news" are reduced to "phil said" so is nothing new, that's what happens when your system is utter crap, you have to fool morons.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice

@Desmonic said:

Like that old E.F. Hutton commercial... When Phil ponders, people listen heh :P

Serially, I think they'll pull this off.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@SecretPolice: Eh, maybe. I think the app/cable/whatever TV providers might want to have a word with MS about such liberties :P It's not impossible, it's actually much easier to do than actual games.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Amazing. We are truly in for a treat to be part of this ever changing experience. To live in the time that brought us Xbox ONE. It is kind of like watching your very own child grow up. Seeing that baby take its first steps and talk to going off to school and making the grade. Now this Xbox child is banging the prom queen and driving a 2016 Ford GT.

The evolution of gaming and entertainment is going seamless now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@Desmonic:

Good point, eh, MS will do some arm twisting ya know, they'll strong arm those cable providers into submission. :P

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Another feather to the One's hat, good stuff. I think I'll need a new router with better wifi.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Buy a console to watch TV while you play its games on a PC.

What is this I don't ever

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Amazing. We are truly in for a treat to be part of this ever changing experience. To live in the time that brought us Xbox ONE. It is kind of like watching your very own child grow up. Seeing that baby take its first steps and talk to going off to school and making the grade. Now this Xbox child is banging the prom queen and driving a 2016 Ford GT.

The evolution of gaming and entertainment is going seamless now.

Literally laughed out loud man, good stuff. :D

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

This is just the continued commitment by Phil and the ever talented team at Microsoft. Bringing something for everyone in the world of gaming, entertainment and work.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Kinda reminds me of one of the TVs at home hooked up to my PC. I'd play a game and watch an ESPN basketball game via Picture in Picture at one corner of the screen.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

This is just the continued commitment by Phil and the ever talented team at Microsoft. Bringing something for everyone in the world of gaming, entertainment and work.

So the All-In-One entertainment system envisioned by Don in 2013. Thank you based Phil. Or is it Don? Phon? Dil?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So the All-In-One entertainment system envisioned by Don in 2013. Thank you based Phil. Or is it Don? Phon? Dil?

Now a brief word from our sponsor. "Xbox One, now featuring no DRM or Kinect!!!" In some crazy commercial announcer voice.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight! Shunting track and hauling freight! Red and green and brown and blue, they're the really useful crew!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#17 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It would have been better the other way around. That way you can say Xbox One can stream games in 4k.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It would have been better the other way around. That way you can say Xbox One can stream games in 4k.

Clever, I like it. :)

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GrenadeLauncher

@SecretPolice said:

• Quick Connect: Previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in around 2 seconds.

Hold up, it took them 14 months to get the controller to connect at the same speed the DualShock 4 has connected to the PS4 since launch?

What a piece of shit.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Xbone controller randomly turns off, so this is good they are fixing that problem. I thought it was my unit, but it's all over Xbox.com forums as well as I learned a year ago.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Would much prefer PC to Xbone streaming but ah well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice

Never heard of any problems with the X1 controller and this update is just to make it even better. I suppose it's not out of the question some may have experienced a glitch once but that's to be expected since the X1 was built from the ground up using alien tech stolen from the UFO crash site in Roswell, NM. and as such is a supah sophisticated billions upon billions of transistors incorporating SecretSauce GPU, DX 12 and StormCloud soo ya know, just sayin. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Buy a console and play console exclusives on your W10 devices (PC, Tablet, Phone) while someone else watches TV

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Buy a console and play console exclusives on your W10 devices (PC, Tablet, Phone) while someone else watches TV

I thought that was the whole point of snapping.

Also lmao owning a Shitface tablet. Android 4 lyfe.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SolidTy

@Stringerboy said:

@SolidTy said:

The Xbone controller randomly turns off, so this is good they are fixing that problem. I thought it was my unit, but it's all over Xbox.com forums as well as I learned a year ago.

Wow I thought that I had a broken controller or something, nice to see it's actually a known issue.

I remember thinking that as well, until I researched it back at Xbone launch month. More and more people started asking questions as time went on. Well, I'm only assuming and hoping this controller update will fix the issues since it said "The firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers". You ask me, working on an controller update should be what the doctor ordered.

Only thing is now to track down the right USB cable:

The two key changes and tweaks, according to Microsoft, are:

• Stability improvements:The firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants.

In order to update the controller firmware, users must connect the pad to their Xbox One with a USB cable (Microsoft advises players keep their headsets connected too), then connect to Xbox Live, press Menu, go to Settings > Devices & accessories, and select the controller icon.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I don't understand the point of this?

Why would I want to watch TV and play a game at the same time? Am I missing something here? This has to be one of the most pointless features and waste of time things I ever heard of.

Yo Dawg, Watch TV on your Game Console while you stream the game Via PC to another TV in yo house!!! (insert xzibit gif)

I just don't get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I thought that was the whole point of snapping.

Also lmao owning a Shitface tablet. Android 4 lyfe.

Point of snapping is snapping apps that could enhance the gaming or TV-watching experience. Gaming and TV at the same time isn't fun to do, because one person has to watch to a very small screen from a to far away distance.

And hahahahaha, android for tablets, what a crappy OS for a tablet, just enlarge the apps, it will be "OK", nice one Google

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Streaming Inferior multiplats and remasters to PC?

Why wouldn't you just, ya know, just play the superior PC versions or use emulation? Seriously how games on xbone aren't on already out or coming out for PC?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

Why wouldn't you just, ya know, just play the superior PC versions or use emulation? Seriously how games on xbone aren't on already out or coming out for PC?

Didn't know you could emulate X1 games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kinectthedots: perhaps not everyone has PCs capable of running games. Or they're using a tablet

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

Yes, emulate X1 games, good job kinectthedots you twit.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

@SolidTy said:

Wow I thought that I had a broken controller or something, nice to see it's actually a known issue.

Luckily I haven't had this issue ...yet?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Nice that htey made it possible to fix firmware issues with controllers. That will come in handy when they make them able to connect to other devices wirelessly i'm sure.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

MS innovates with the XB1 while Sony sits on their hands hoping their hype will still carry them.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots: perhaps not everyone has PCs capable of running games. Or they're using a tablet

bingo ding ding ding

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Would much prefer PC to Xbone streaming but ah well.

That's what I'm waiting for as well. This is one of the reason why I think Win10/DX12 is being added to XB1. Besides the performance boost, XB1 gamers will easily be able to play many PC games on their XB1. Porting Indies over will be a snap. I'd expect to see more of this at the E3.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidTy

Innovates...fixes...take your pick.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidTy
@Heil68 said:

@Stringerboy said:

@SolidTy said:

Luckily I haven't had this issue ...yet?

Quick Xbone controller disconnect fixes for now that I learned way back is to just pull out the batteries and put them back in as fast as possible.

It sucks when you are in the middle of a game, but it usually works. Sometimes I just turn the unit off and turn it back on if I'm on the menu screen.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

Point of snapping is snapping apps that could enhance the gaming or TV-watching experience. Gaming and TV at the same time isn't fun to do, because one person has to watch to a very small screen from a to far away distance.

And hahahahaha, android for tablets, what a crappy OS for a tablet, just enlarge the apps, it will be "OK", nice one Google

So it's all one big gimmick for people with ADHD after all? Figures.

LMAO you're talking shit about Android. It's a far better OS than tile-obsessed Windows.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Sounds a good idea to me. I wouldn't play XB1 games on my gaming PC as that's just crazy. A tablet for off screen play while the TV is in use though? That's a good idea and I love this feature on the Wii U. If someone has a terrible PC/laptop/etc. it could be good too.

Reverse it and stream my PC games to the XB1 or a tablet in a better fashion than Steam does though and then I'd really be interested.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Alliteratively: they could just make pc games. Which is what people wanted.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice

For those interested...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-talking-xbox-one-cross-platform-windows-/1100-6424999/

Xbox company reveals plans for Game Developers Conference; includes more than 16 presentations

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I don't understand the point of this?

Why would I want to watch TV and play a game at the same time? Am I missing something here? This has to be one of the most pointless features and waste of time things I ever heard of.

Yo Dawg, Watch TV on your Game Console while you stream the game Via PC to another TV in yo house!!! (insert xzibit gif)

I just don't get it.

I think that XB1 feature would be useful to me.....

I sometimes use the Picture in Picture mode of my TV when I play PC games especially during sporting events to keep track of scores. I sort of do something similar on my laptop which has a TV tuner except I have to keep apps windowed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

For those interested...

Again: Nothing to do with pc gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

So it's all one big gimmick for people with ADHD after all? Figures.

LMAO you're talking shit about Android. It's a far better OS than tile-obsessed Windows.

It's not a gimmick... Learn to read. TV and Gaming at the same time doesn't work. But TV/Gaming and an app works perfectly.

Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

It's not a gimmick... Learn to read. TV and Gaming at the same time doesn't work. But TV/Gaming and an app works perfectly.

Watching Vines while 360 no scoping 13 year olds on COD is true next gen.

lol

@SecretPolice 16 conferences! That must be what trying to catch up looks like :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

Watching Vines while 360 no scoping 13 year olds on COD is true next gen.

Being stuck in a boss level, or at a puzzle, and being able to snap Machinima and watch help/tips or solutions while gaming is.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

Being stuck in a boss level, or at a puzzle, and being able to snap Machinima and watch help/tips or solutions while gaming is.

So what I've been doing for the last 14 years using my memory to know what to do. Incredible.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

So what I've been doing for the last 14 years using my memory to know what to do. Incredible.

Switch your old avatar back. The Mrs. Pac-Man one doesn't fit all that well. How bout a nice Mk-19?