xbox 360 or ps3?? which should i choose???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shums
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

ok . its summer and im about to purchase me either a ps3 or 360 but i dont know what to get

half of my friends say a ps3 and half say 360

i admite both have good an bad qualitys but one thing i dont like about the 360 is that i fear that it would die on me

ps3 i dont mind at all but its too pricey for me yet all my fav games are there

i like the ps3 cuzz of the action games and ive had a ps2 before so i follow the games from the last gen console

like god of war 1 and 2. i like the blu-ray which will save me money when blu-ray takes over and the hardware in it is high tech.

the 360 i like because the controller kicks ass and the online is amazing because its so organized and almost never fails

im stuck between these 2 consoles and i need a good opinion from some people before purchasing

please help me

thanks

-shums-

xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
trust me im not a 360 fanboy. I had a PS2, and i really wanted a PS3, luckily my friends talked me out of it, and i love my 360, there titles are just more... fun. The only exclusives that the PS3 has that i think are good are MGS4 and Killzone. But the 360 is better, and most REALLY good games (BioShock, GTAIV, Assassins Creed, CoD4) are on both consoles. Yes, the PS3 has MGS4, but the 360 has some great titles like Gears 2, the Halo series, Fable 2 and Too Human to name a few.
Simba129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Simba129
Member since 2004 • 3714 Posts
If more of your friends play 360 online, go with that. Most of the games that are on PS3 are on the 360 and most of the games on the 360 are on the PS3. Obviously you have to give or take a few games, but for the most part, your favorite games are probably on both consoles. When playing the 360 you may begin to think the 360 is trying to get airborne, however that is just the disk spinning at mach 7. Other than that the 360 is great. I don't have a PS3 so I can't really say anything about it. Personally, I would get a 360, I have no regrets from buying it.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Why did you ask this here?
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
simple answer ur fav games are on ps3 so get ps3, get the system u have your favs on. My fav was halo and i was hyped for gears 1 so i bought an xbox 360 first then a year later a ps3. no wii cause that thing is a gimmick, a fad that ppl buy and then don't use.
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
its still really simple. if ur dying for jrpgs of the ff calibur, mgs4, and gow type games, go with ps3. if u want amazing online gaming or shooters, go with 360.
wiiwillwiiwill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiiwillwiiwill
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts

to be honest, depending on which game do you prefer.

I recommand you wait after E3, i heard a big price drop coming soon fro both consoles.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26452300

from EGM

Quartermann(rumors) says:
-Activision is buidling a new fancy peripheral for the next Tony Hawk Game.
-God of Soul. Kratos to be revealed as next Soulcalibur IV(PS3) character.
-GTA DLC(360) will star a biker character.
- MS is apparently allowing third-party manufacturers to make 360 compatible hardware.
-Q Entertainment seems to be working on a game for the PSN.
-New music visualizer to hit the PSN later this year
-Hefty price cut coming for both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 this fall.

AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts
Actually, yopu should choose not to come in here to ask that question...
stedtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 stedtfeld
Member since 2008 • 1506 Posts
Well I mean if your really scared of the RROD, then I guess get the PS3, but in my opinion, the 360 is better. I owned a PS3 before my 360 but I just sold it for the 360.
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

If it were me, I'd get a 360. It's cheaper. it's better. Both systems have pretty much the same games like everyone has said. There are a handful that each system has that are exclusive. I like what the 360 is doing moreso and I've researched read up a lot and owned both and been fair to both. The margain between each system is very small and you can't go wrong either way. I just like the games the 360 has better vs the ones the ps3 has. I do this every gen and I'm not a fanboy and just research and pick which one i think is best for me. The ps3 has slightly better hardware but you are only going to notice it in a few games.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

id say get a PS3...but if you are going for the 360...you should wait, since there is a rumour about a 60Gig, wich will be "announced" this E3 if its true and the supposed premium SKU with the newest motherboard w/e is called ...

id say wait 3 more weeks

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I was in the same dilemma as you a few months ago.

I considered a few of the following questions though

1. Will the PS3 or the Xbox360 look better in the room you plan to put it in?

2. Look into some of the future games that might intrest you. Which console has more?

3. If your mainly a graphics dude, you're gonna have a hard time choosing which one is better. I'd suggest you'd more focus on some of the capabilities which fit your lifestyle better.

4. Determine which is better: Paying Everything NOW, or paying everything OVER TIME.

If you want to pay everything NOW go with the Playstation3. The controllers are chargable through the console, the console is Wifi ready, and the Next Gen DVD player is already installed.

If your looking to cut costs for now, and wanna puchase accesories later, go with the Xbox360. Later on you could add the HD-DVD player for $200 [which seems kinda pointless, considering that the HD-DVD lost], you could purchase the play and charge kit to charge your batteries in your controller while you play [don't know price], and you could add the Wifi Adaptor for an additional $100.

5. Ask your friends about the reliabilit of their consoles.

6. Get an opinion of some people who have both consoles, and a few people who have neither console.

So, you've got some thinking to do. Good Luck.