xbox 360 and Pc Graphic comparison.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Matty_gamer
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts

Well i was wondering If we run the games say oblivion , Fear and R6V on PC with resolution set to 1280 * 720 with 4x AA and Anisotropic filtering with all the graphic features on including HDR. Will the PC version still look better than the 360 ?

Coz in general they say PC versions look better than 360 versions i thought they say that bcz of higher resolution options and more AA ....

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
WHERE IS THE COMPARISON???? :o
Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matty_gamer
WHERE IS THE COMPARISON???? :odaveg1
Lolz i have no comparison. I m just wondering which will look better. Plz state Reason with reply.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Theoretically they'd look the same to an untrained eye. Of course it also depends on the CPU, GPU, etc...
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

[QUOTE="daveg1"]WHERE IS THE COMPARISON???? :oMatty_gamer
Lolz i have no comparison. I m just wondering which will look better. Plz state Reason with reply.

lol to have a good thread like this on gamespot you need some sort of shots..

ok to your quesion..i think the pc depending on your rig..

will have better framerates and any other graphical effect's given to the pc over the consoles giving the hardware of the pc...

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
FEAR looked worse on the 360 than my 3 year old PC.
Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Matty_gamer
FEAR looked worse on the 360 than my 3 year old PC.smokeydabear076
Actually i know FEAR looked worse on 360 i noticed my self. Was just checking u people opinions. I m not sure about other games though.
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)coolviper2003
Yea but if you have a five year old PC beef it with reasonable parts for prices form new egg or club it.Then it will probably look better on PC depending.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Who cares...? Same game .
Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Matty_gamer

It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)coolviper2003
Actually my point is if u keep the resolution same and the game as default as it was on disk (that is u dont install any mods) turn on the AA , Anisotropic filtering and HDR (as activated in xbox 360 version). Make any other graphic option ingame on. Then compare. Will it be better.

Every body is saying that it depends on the GPU and CPU. Well the games i reffered to do not use any special feature of a card greater the geforce 7 series. So even if u have a 8800 GTX the graphics must be the same as with 7900GS ( just an example ). The Frame Rate in the 360 versions is quite resonable so lets forget abt the frame rate and come back to picture quality and back to the queston which will look good ?

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]FEAR looked worse on the 360 than my 3 year old PC.Matty_gamer
Actually i know FEAR looked worse on 360 i noticed my self. Was just checking u people opinions. I m not sure about other games though.

Quake 4 and Prey look worse too, but I am sure that there are some other games that look a little better on the 360, nothing is coming to my mind right now though.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

[QUOTE="coolviper2003"]It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)Matty_gamer

Actually my point is if u keep the resolution same and the game as default as it was on disk (that is u dont install any mods) turn on the AA , Anisotropic filtering and HDR (as activated in xbox 360 version). Make any other graphic option ingame on. Then compare. Will it be better.

Every body is saying that it depends on the GPU and CPU. Well the games i reffered to do not use any special feature of a card greater the geforce 7 series. So even if u have a 8800 GTX the graphics must be the same as with 7900GS ( just an example ). The Frame Rate in the 360 versions is quite resonable so lets forget abt the frame rate and come back to picture quality and back to the queston which will look good ?

The PC version will look better. It has better textures and such.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

[QUOTE="coolviper2003"]It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)Matty_gamer

why would you compare the exact same settings? of course they will be the same. the point of a computer is that it has state of the art hardware and more abilities. what a silly thread...

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Well i was wondering If we run the games say oblivion , Fear and R6V on PC with resolution set to 1280 * 720 with 4x AA and Anisotropic filtering with all the graphic features on including HDR. Will the PC version still look better than the 360 ?

Coz in general they say PC versions look better than 360 versions i thought they say that bcz of higher resolution options and more AA ....

Matty_gamer

When they make a game on 360 or any console, they try and play to its strengths as much as possible. The PC being able to have higher graphical settings is not them saying "Consoles suck in comparison" Its just that PCs are able to go higher and harder, its the result of more advance technology, because afterall they have been around longer. With that said the lower the resolution you set your PC game to the more frames it will have giving PCs the edge technically.

Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Matty_gamer
[QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

[QUOTE="coolviper2003"]It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)Gzus666

why would you compare the exact same settings? of course they will be the same. the point of a computer is that it has state of the art hardware and more abilities. what a silly thread...

Coz they will not be the same :P. (or so i m wondering) and there is a reason that they will not be the same coz remember when i said turn all the graphic options ingame "ON" here is where there could be a difference (because they would have disabled it on xbox 360 because of its hardware limitations and made it available on pc the Graphic Option i m talking about)or anywhere in the textures or somewhere i dont know i just wanna find out :).
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
[QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

[QUOTE="coolviper2003"]It depends what kind of a PC you have. If you have a state of the art PC, then it will look much better on it. I have yet to see a 360 game where it's easily on par with the PC version in terms of graphics. I look at FEAR, Prey, Quake IV, Oblivion, and they all look noticeable better on the PC because of better textures, higher resolutions, faster framerates, mods, (of course this all depends on your computer's hardware)Gzus666

Thats not the point of a computer. The reason its able to outperform consoles is because it has advanced longer. It doesn't have the same restrictions as consoles in terms of price and functionality. People need computers a helluva lot more than they do gaming consoles.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

Coz they will not be the same :P. (or so i m wondering) and there is a reason that they will not be the same coz remember when i said turn all the graphic options ingame "ON" here is where there could be a difference or anywhere in the textures or somewhere i dont know i just wanna find out :).

if you put a similar GPU and CPU, they will be the same

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts
PC will always have superior visuals so long as it's not some shoddy port.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

WHERE IS THE COMPARISON???? :odaveg1

the 360

I has it

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
PC will always be better but thats not saying the 360 sucks. It looks great too.