WOW, Xbox One's 24 Hour Check-In DRM Returns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beefkebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Beefkebob
Member since 2013 • 84 Posts

Out of the blue moon one of the most surprising things happened: the Xbox One may have done a 180 on its 180 and started acting like its original self. By that, I mean that the console – during a live tournament that was being broadcast on Twitch – seemed to stop in the middle of the game to ensure that those using the console were the proper owners of the content.

The story was originally captured by satirist siteFGCNN, where they were watching the stream and claim they noticed that right during the middle of the bout, the game kicked the users out and asked them to verify the content by checking in online. Don't believe them? Of course you don't. It's a darn good thing we have video footage below, courtesy of Twitch user NYCFurby.

ttp://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Xbox-One-24-Hour-Check-DRM-Returns-During-Killer-Instinct-Tournament-61114.html

The writing is on the wall! Its always been Microsoft' intention to bring back their anti-consumer policies. Youre seeing the first steps of it now per the article. They will try easing into it little by little. It will be a process...keep your eyes on Microsoft...call Microsoft out at every chance you get...

Even just listing to Microsoft PR you could see what the plan was. Their PR would essentially boil down to "you were all too dumb to understand our future" proof of how much distaste Microsoft has for its consumers too. We must all collevtively stand up and give a **** you Microsoft right back to Microsoft.

Microsoft is a proven notorious anti-consumer/anti-gamer company.

Never give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. Look at all the signs. Sadly, if you buy an xbone you will get what you deserve when Microsoft trojan horses their anti-consumer schemes in....stay on your toes at all times when it comes to Microsoft.

remember this

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I knew I should have taken stock in that tinfoil hat company!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

All downloaded games have DRM - this goes for Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Xbox One.

-- System Wars desperately needs a minimum requirement for thread creation --

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Whats the purpose of the gamespot Flag button.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

don't buy it, i sure won't. Or just get the main patch and disconnect from the internet

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@beefkebob said:

Out of the blue moon one of the most surprising things happened: the Xbox One may have done a 180 on its 180 and started acting like its original self. By that, I mean that the console – during a live tournament that was being broadcast on Twitch – seemed to stop in the middle of the game to ensure that those using the console were the proper owners of the content.

The story was originally captured by satirist siteFGCNN, where they were watching the stream and claim they noticed that right during the middle of the bout, the game kicked the users out and asked them to verify the content by checking in online. Don't believe them? Of course you don't. It's a darn good thing we have video footage below, courtesy of Twitch user NYCFurby.

ttp://www.cinemablend.com/m/games/Xbox-One-24-Hour-Check-DRM-Returns-During-Killer-Instinct-Tournament-61114.html

The writing is on the wall! Its always been Microsoft' intention to bring back their anti-consumer policies. Youre seeing the first steps of it now per the article. They will try easing into it little by little. It will be a process...keep your eyes on Microsoft...call Microsoft out at every chance you get...

Even just listing to Microsoft PR you could see what the plan was. Their PR would essentially boil down to "you were all too dumb to understand our future" proof of how much distaste Microsoft has for its consumers too. We must all collevtively stand up and give a **** you Microsoft right back to Microsoft.

Microsoft is a proven notorious anti-consumer/anti-gamer company.

Never give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. Look at all the signs. Sadly, if you buy an xbone you will get what you deserve when Microsoft trojan horses their anti-consumer schemes in....stay on your toes at all times when it comes to Microsoft.

remember this

Link is broken as it's missing the "h", here:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-24-Hour-Check-DRM-Returns-During-Killer-Instinct-Tournament-61114.html

I inserted the missing "h" and I hyper-linked it for you.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Whats the purpose of the gamespot Flag button.

As far as I understand it originally was for setting up a loyalty system for users and the content they provide to GameSpot - but its been a hit and miss system

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@R3FURBISHED said:

All downloaded games have DRM - this goes for Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Xbox One.

-- System Wars desperately needs a minimum requirement for thread creation --

The article mentions that, I'm not sure if you are repeating but you may as well post the entire update. Not All DRM is equal however.

I'll just copy/paste the entire update as it covers the DRM in PS360 vs. Xbone.

Update:

Some people are claiming this is the same issue and DRM as the Xbox 360 and PS3, however, this apparent disconnection occurred during actual gameplay instead of before the game started, which is where most DRM prompts take place (i.e., the Xbox 360 and PS3 don't kick you out of the middle of a game you're playing offline). In addition to this, it happened after all parties were seemingly logged in.

As for anyone who thinks that there were shenanigans involved or that the users were switching accounts mid-match, think again. You can watch the whole match, including the incident involving the Xbox One's supposed DRM flag in the eight minute clip below, courtesy of the original streamer and tournament affiliate,

Arturo Sanchez.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

This again? http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/18/5223200/killer-instinct-tournament-derailed-by-xbox-one-drm-check

Update: Microsoft's support site states that the Xbox One must always be signed in and connected to Xbox Live when playing digital games on a console different from the one it was originally purchased on. This suggests that the issue during the above Killer Instinct tournament was related to a faulty internet connection, as Killer Instinct is a digital-only game. We apologize for not including this information in the original story and taking so long to fix it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@beefkebob: OLD and already debunked like a week ago. didn't you post this same story several times on GS. Mods, please ban this troll. He continues to post the same negative stories over and over again.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

This doesn't surprise me, but I will admit I expected it to take longer. Next up, no used games like they originally had it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Isn't this old, and shown to be incorrect?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Lets keep beating this dead horse.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well I selected the disconnect internet option and shut my Xbone off as usual but if you listen very very carefully you can hear the Xbone still processing some type of data when you think that you have turned it off. It doesn't do it right away and it comes and goes but the best bet is to leave it unplugged. Fu.. you Microsoft!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

This is old