Wow the Wii is Getting 4 AAAE in One Month!

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

All those games will get 8.5s. Wii can't get 9.0 AAAe's haha :)

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

krato_sephiroth
Like that matters :)
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts
Aww some ones going to be falling off a real high ladder.
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#54 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
IDK, man...GS seems to have a vendetta against Sonic, so I don't know about that one :P. Still, the others look like they've got a pretty good shot at it.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
i'd be surprised if goldeneye got anything over 8.0
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

More like more solid AA's amirite?

Might as well just remove AAA's for the Wii, its either AA or at the best an AAAA.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I'd be shocked if any of those got AAA to be honest, apart from Donkey Kong cos Retro = amazing games.
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Sonic Colors is on the DS so its not exclusive

LastRambo341
* The games are different. * Yes, it not exclusive, but neither the 360 nor ps3 can play it.

Isn't that combining 2 platforms against one!? Which you always say is unfair when people mention 360/PS3 multiplats Wii can't play!? :shock: :P
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

BPoole96
This and... give me your crystal ball :( I want to see how I go with my exams!!
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

LastRambo341
* The games are different. * Yes, it not exclusive, but neither the 360 nor ps3 can play it.

*How different are they? :S *Don't start the "it doesn't play on the 360 or the PS3" mumbo jumbo
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I'm thinking more than a couple of those will be AAE or lower.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I'd be shocked if any of those got AAA to be honest, apart from Donkey Kong cos Retro = amazing games. [QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Isn't that combining 2 platforms against one!? Which you always say is unfair when people mention 360/PS3 multiplats Wii can't play!? :shock: :P

The DS isn't part of the home console war. its basically a Triple Threat Match in a wrestling show. A game counts if the 2 opposing consoles can't play it. Ps3 has MLB the show, for example, which both the Wii and 360 can't play it even if PS2 and PSP have their own versions
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

*How different are they? :S *Don't start the "it doesn't play on the 360 or the PS3" mumbo jumbo

* DS version is a 2D side classic style Sonic game like Sonic Rush, while Wii version is 3D like Unleashed * I already did.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] * The games are different. * Yes, it not exclusive, but neither the 360 nor ps3 can play it.LastRambo341

* DS version is a 2D side classic style Sonic game like Sonic Rush, while Wii version is 3D like Unleashed * I already did.

They share the same story line but the DS is sort of a successor to Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I'd be shocked if any of those got AAA to be honest, apart from Donkey Kong cos Retro = amazing games. [QUOTE="LastRambo341"] * The games are different. * Yes, it not exclusive, but neither the 360 nor ps3 can play it.LastRambo341

The DS isn't part of the home console war. its basically a Triple Threat Match in a wrestling show. A game counts if the 2 opposing consoles can't play it. Ps3 has MLB the show, for example, which both the Wii and 360 can't play it even if PS2 and PSP have their own versions

So in a triple threat match between Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold, neither Undertaker nor Kane can use the chokeslam!?
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Isn't that combining 2 platforms against one!? Which you always say is unfair when people mention 360/PS3 multiplats Wii can't play!? :shock: :Plocopatho

So in a triple threat match between Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold, neither Undertaker nor Kane can use the chokeslam!?

Well expect one is retired and the other is 6 foot underground :P

DeckardLee2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DeckardLee2010
Member since 2010 • 402 Posts

[QUOTE="Robbazking"]

Decent games at best.

XxXHottZeldaXxX

Maybe for the average "Crysis MAX SETTINGS on 3 monitorz h@rdcore g@merz!! PWNAGE" ...but for gamers thirsty for some original content, we couldn't be more happy.

I guess you missed the SNES generation. Nothing in these games except for Mickey is new. The rest of us have already gotten this type of gameplay out of our systems.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Isn't that combining 2 platforms against one!? Which you always say is unfair when people mention 360/PS3 multiplats Wii can't play!? :shock: :Plocopatho

A triple threat match : Every man for himself. If you've won the match, you've beaten them both basically. Again, the DS isn't part of the HOME CONSOLE WAR, just like the PSP, PC, Iphone, Ipad etc
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] The DS isn't part of the home console war. its basically a Triple Threat Match in a wrestling show. A game counts if the 2 opposing consoles can't play it. Ps3 has MLB the show, for example, which both the Wii and 360 can't play it even if PS2 and PSP have their own versionsLastRambo341

A triple threat match : Every man for himself. If you've won the match, you've beaten them both basically. Again, the DS isn't part of the HOME CONSOLE WAR, just like the PSP, PC, Iphone, Ipad etc

But Undertaker and Kane are both out for themselves and both can use the chokeslam in their own matches without any help from the other :P
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
lol This ownage could go either way. Can't wait to see the scores :P.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Golden Eye and Sonic don't look like they're AAA quality, Golden Eye seems like it's going to be a repeat of The Conduit.

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

ArchoNils2

He never said it was. Anyway, I doubt it

Yes he did, or did you not read the title?

"Wow the Wii is Getting 4 AAAE in One Month!"

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] The DS isn't part of the home console war. its basically a Triple Threat Match in a wrestling show. A game counts if the 2 opposing consoles can't play it. Ps3 has MLB the show, for example, which both the Wii and 360 can't play it even if PS2 and PSP have their own versionsLastRambo341

But this is not console wars though, this is system wars. It was the same reason why MLB09 wasnt exclusive even though it was on PS3, PS2 and PSP. You can try to contrust a case to prove that these two versions are different enough to be exclusive like past games such as MLB10 and GRAW.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
8 7.5 7.5 8.5/9 I'd be surprised if anything get's a 9
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] The DS isn't part of the home console war. its basically a Triple Threat Match in a wrestling show. A game counts if the 2 opposing consoles can't play it. Ps3 has MLB the show, for example, which both the Wii and 360 can't play it even if PS2 and PSP have their own versionsMitazaki

O god who died? Haven't watched wrestling in ages, assumed all the same dudes were in it lol
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
DKCR is the only one that's very likely to get AAA status. And Sonic Colors...? Don't make me laugh. SEGA's been pulling this BS for fifteen years, Sonic's dead as a doornail. Epic Mickey also has a chance, it's a game I'd like to see do well. Goldeneye... who knows. Definately not AAA, but it might scrape an 8. I'll probably get it just so me and my friend can have a blast with it, seeing as we loved playing Nightfire multiplayer. (awesome game, BTW)
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i am sure game spot will give them all 8.5

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong are the only ones I see getting AAA status.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Epic Mickey - 8.5 (KEY was 8.5, I don't see EM doing any better, but hopefully it will)
Sonic - 7.0-8.0 (its a Sonic game, no matter how good it is, it'll still be evaluated through tainted vision)
Goldeneye - 7.0-8.0 (A Call of Duty clone in nostalgic skin, if it does well, it'll do well solely on nostalgic appeal)
Donkey Kong - 8.0-8.5 (Again, another 2.5D platformer that won't do as well as you think)

I think you are highly overestimating Gamespot's scoring. If anything, they score games more harshly nowadays, making it far harder for anything to get AAA, let alone AAAE. And I'm pretty sure Sonic is also on the DS, making it non-exclusive.

You also have to remember, we are talking about the Wii here... and Gamespot are little more than Mario fans when it comes to Nintendo offerings (and even then they don't have problems rating Mario games lower; i.e. SMS), so don't expect high scores from anything the Wii offers.

There is being optimistic... and then there is being ridiculous. Your predictions are a little on the latter side. The only game of those four I can see scoring AAA is Mickey if it does everything really well.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] So in a triple threat match between Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold, neither Undertaker nor Kane can use the chokeslam!?locopatho

But Undertaker and Kane are both out for themselves and both can use the chokeslam in their own matches without any help from the other :P

They both have the same moves, basically. But they have to BEAT EACH other regardless. Thats with the home console war.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LastRambo341
DKCR is the only one that's very likely to get AAA status. And Sonic Colors...? Don't make me laugh. SEGA's been pulling this BS for fifteen years, Sonic's dead as a doornail. Epic Mickey also has a chance, it's a game I'd like to see do well. Goldeneye... who knows. Definately not AAA, but it might scrape an 8. I'll probably get it just so me and my friend can have a blast with it, seeing as we loved playing Nightfire multiplayer. (awesome game, BTW)enterawesome
Sonic is dead? Hmmm, *looks at Sonic 4 and Wii version of Unleashed* Ya...those scores sure look BAD.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] A triple threat match : Every man for himself. If you've won the match, you've beaten them both basically. Again, the DS isn't part of the HOME CONSOLE WAR, just like the PSP, PC, Iphone, Ipad etcLastRambo341

They both have the same moves, basically. But they have to BEAT EACH other regardless. Thats with the home console war.

What if it's a match between just one of them and Stone Cold tho! That baldy is getting chokeslammed (aka Arkham Asylumed!) straight thru a table :P
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] But Undertaker and Kane are both out for themselves and both can use the chokeslam in their own matches without any help from the other :Plocopatho

What if it's a match between just one of them and Stone Cold tho! That baldy is getting chokeslammed (aka Arkham Asylumed!) straight thru a table :P

You can't exclude any of the current gen consoles out ;) , they're both in it
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] So in a triple threat match between Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold, neither Undertaker nor Kane can use the chokeslam!?Mitazaki

But this is not console wars though, this is system wars. It was the same reason why MLB09 wasnt exclusive even though it was on PS3, PS2 and PSP. You can try to contrust a case to prove that these two versions are different enough to be exclusive like past games such as MLB10 and GRAW.

Again, the PC isn't a console. You don't see its sales or anything like that in Vgchartz. MLB09 isn't exclusive, I know. But 360 and wii gamers can't get that game.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] They both have the same moves, basically. But they have to BEAT EACH other regardless. Thats with the home console war.LastRambo341

Course you can! I own a 360 and Wii, course I can compare them :D
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] What if it's a match between just one of them and Stone Cold tho! That baldy is getting chokeslammed (aka Arkham Asylumed!) straight thru a table :Plocopatho

Again, that doesn't count. The Ps3 is in it whether you agree or not.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts

:lol:

Wow really? Goldeneye won't be AAA, neither will Sonic Colors.

I'm actually about to cancel my pre-order for Epic Mickey. Very sad as I was really looking forward to it and I still want it, but I just don't quite have enough money to get that among other things.

oldkingallant
crytsal ball yourself? :roll:
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
what is all with the damn hate on goldeneye? without goldeneye you wouldn't have repated fps these days jeeze people you are just not doing anything but than again its system wars of course...
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#87 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I think out of those 4 only one will score AAA and there's a good chance that all 4 will get less than AAA.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] You can't exclude any of the current gen consoles out ;) , they're both in itLastRambo341

Says who! I can compare banjos to pineapples if I want, freedom of speech and all that :D
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Course you can! I own a 360 and Wii, course I can compare them :Dlocopatho

Says who! I can compare banjos to pineapples if I want, freedom of speech and all that :D

Ok, you're joking around. I won't bother ;)
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Again, that doesn't count. The Ps3 is in it whether you agree or not.LastRambo341

Ok, you're joking around. I won't bother ;)

It's best for us all :lol:
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] So in a triple threat match between Undertaker, Kane and Stone Cold, neither Undertaker nor Kane can use the chokeslam!?locopatho

O god who died? Haven't watched wrestling in ages, assumed all the same dudes were in it lol

no, was a joke about latest PPV match between Undertaker and Kain and it was a buried alive match

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] A triple threat match : Every man for himself. If you've won the match, you've beaten them both basically. Again, the DS isn't part of the HOME CONSOLE WAR, just like the PSP, PC, Iphone, Ipad etcLastRambo341

Again, the PC isn't a console. You don't see its sales or anything like that in Vgchartz. MLB09 isn't exclusive, I know. But 360 and wii gamers can't get that game.

Fail at using Vgcharts, its hard to gauge pc sales anyway, there is prebuild and then theres custom made. How does one track sales on custom made pcs and also the fact someone could buy a pc with no intention of playing games but rather for media creating purposes. If its on more than one system its not excluive, even if it means X, Y and Z cant play it, its still not exclusive.

Again as I said you can construct a case and point out enough differences between the Wii versions and DS version then if its good enough it can be considered an exclusive like others have done before.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

Fail at using Vgcharts, its hard to gauge pc sales anyway, there is prebuild and then theres custom made. How does one track sales on custom made pcs and also the fact someone could buy a pc with no intention of playing games but rather for media creating purposes. If its on more than one system its not excluive, even if it means X, Y and Z cant play it, its still not exclusive.

Again as I said you can construct a case and point out enough differences between the Wii versions and DS version then if its good enough it can be considered an exclusive like others have done before.

So ONLY exclusive count? Thats close-minded and dated thinking. Look at 360 this gen, it has many great games like L4D and Mass Effect. But thats also on PC. But guess what? Its a multiplat, NOT on Ps3 and Wii. If a game is on one console, and not on the other two, it deserves a mention.
Sw33tChilLi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Sw33tChilLi
Member since 2009 • 328 Posts
Someone bump this thread after these games come out! Oh, and DKC is the only guarenteed AAA
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Kirby Epic Yarn was suppose to be AAAE as well ... just saying.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#97 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

krato_sephiroth
But it can get a 10 and if the Wii can score a 10, then it can score a 9.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Only one of those will get AAAE.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mitazaki

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Again, the PC isn't a console. You don't see its sales or anything like that in Vgchartz. MLB09 isn't exclusive, I know. But 360 and wii gamers can't get that game.LastRambo341

So ONLY exclusive count? Thats close-minded and dated thinking. Look at 360 this gen, it has many great games like L4D and Mass Effect. But thats also on PC. But guess what? Its a multiplat, NOT on Ps3 and Wii. If a game is on one console, and not on the other two, it deserves a mention.

Where did I say ONLY exclusives count? Jumping the gun there a bit dont you think? A good system can be made up of multiplats and exclusives. You are the one that seems to think its ok to ignore PC as a gaming system, sorry to break the news to you but it is as much a legit gaming system as a console. Again this is system wars not console wars and you can if you like bring your complaints to a moderator, but as they have already said before the PC in this forum counts as much as a console does.

Example World of Goo, on Wiiware and PC = Not Exclusive
L4D1/2, on 360 and PC = Not Exclusive
Final Fantasy 13, on 360 and PS3 = Not Exclusive
Final Fantasy 14, on PS3 and PC = Not Exclusive

But yet Graw1, on 360 and PC, the 360 version is exclusive as someone made a post detailing all the things that make the two versions different and you can do the same if you want Sonic Colours on Wii to be exclusive.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Kirby Epic Yarn was suppose to be AAAE as well ... just saying.

W1NGMAN-

True...True.