Wow. So Ign is saying Bayonetta>GOW3. And Gamespot is saying Bayonetta=GOw3!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aboogie5
Member since 2008 • 1118 Posts

Wow this is interesting. Bayonetta is better than god of war! Guess Bayonetta 2 will be twice as good as god of war! smh

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Bayonetta is a fantastic game. I dont see why not.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Well Modern Warfare 2 also has better graphics than GoW3 according to IGN sooooo....

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

Zerocrossings
Agreed. Personally, I find Bayonetta's combat to be leaps and bounds above God of War's.
Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aboogie5

Well Modern Warfare 2 also has better graphics than GoW3 according to IGN sooooo....

BPoole96

lol really? link please!!

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

one complain i find annoying about GOW3 is the fact the the combat really hasn't changed over the series. it hans't changed for a reason becuase the gameplay is simply perfect the way it is.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

BPoole96

Best of all, they actually think they're good at online shooters. :P

SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

Well since Lems like to play teh sales card, I'm sure GoW3 will sell more than Bayonetta did being multiplat :P

SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

one complain i find annoying about GOW3 is the fact the the combat really hasn't changed over the series. it hans't changed for a reason becuase the gameplay is simply perfect the way it is.

Ragashahs

I agree.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#10 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerocrossings"]

Theguy56
Agreed. Personally, I find Bayonetta's combat to be leaps and bounds above God of War's.

I agree with this agreement :P. Granted, I haven't played GOW 3 yet (soon, though...very soon) but I'm guessing it'll be the same as playing GOW2 overall. Bayonettas was more original and over the top.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
and MC :o ?
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

Wow this is interesting. Bayonetta is better than god of war! Guess Bayonetta 2 will be twice as good as god of war! smh

Aboogie5
No, just no. If you want a better comparison check gamerankings and metacritic instead of being selective.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Did they actually say that? I find it ridiculous that people are comparing the two. Besides falling under the hack-n-slash genre, they couldn't be more different.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Aboogie5

Modern Warfare 2= 10

God of War 3= 9.5

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 punkrocker163

[QUOTE="Aboogie5"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Modern Warfare 2= 10

God of War 3= 9.5

And this is why reviews mean nothing to me.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

Ragashahs
Its funny too cause the one gripe everyone has with the previous games is the crappy sub weapons you get, where as in this one everyone is saying how all the weapons are awesome. Really all these reviewers need to play it on the hardest difficulty because thats where you really see the depth of the combat, the game is meant to be approachable for new comers and insanely difficult for those that want a challenge, which it most definitely was in the previous 2 games on the hardest setting. You cannot beat the game using the blades alone on the hardest difficulty.
Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

The combat in Bayonetta really fresh.

God of War's Epicness is what's keeping it AAA (just barely).

and for me, i don't care too much for hack n slash anyways, so I take epic set pieces over good combat mechanics.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Comparing these two games is like comparing burnout paradise with Gran Turismo
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Bayonetta was a cool game, but my game saved at a boss fight and my life meter was at practicly 0. And there was no way to get to a store and buy more health. Because of this I gave up and I really don't care to ever beat it. GoW on the other hand I would of started the game over, Bayonetta I really did't want to do anything over again. So in my mind GoW>>>Bayonetta

And why is everyone acting like it's an Xbox exclusive? I think Lems are just mad because they can't play GoW 3

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSdual_wielder

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Comparing these two games is like comparing burnout paradise with Gran Turismoverbalfilth

Because between the two games in question, one is obviously more realistic than the other. :P

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Ragashahs

I think its funny that people complain about the combat never changing, but continue to play, and never complain aboutgames like MW2, Halo, other generic FPS, etc.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Aboogie5"]lol really? link please!!

punkrocker163

Modern Warfare 2= 10

God of War 3= 9.5

And this is why reviews mean nothing to me.

lol I just thought it was funny. I only check reviews for games that I'm uncertain about. I already know God of War 3 will be amazing so even if it got 1's across the board I'd still buy it

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 punkrocker163

Bayonetta was a cool game, but my game saved at a boss fight and my life meter was at practicly 0. And there was no way to get to a store and buy more health. Because of this I gave up and I really don't care to ever beat it. GoW on the other hand I would of started the game over, Bayonetta I really did't want to do anything over again. So in my mind GoW>>>Bayonetta

And why is everyone acting like it's an Xbox exclusive? I think Lems are just mad because they can't play GoW 3

gregbmil
They did this too with Dantes Inferno before the score hit. (I think it deserves higher than what it got even though its a shameless ripoff. I was watching my friend play and it looked like fun.)
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

While Bayonetta's gameplay was better, i believe that GOW3 will be more epic and a much better game overall. The only thing that Boyonetta have over GOW3 it seems is gameplay. From what i seen, GOW3 visuals blows Bayonetta visuals away, and the story will be miles better than Bayonetta (i thought that Bayonetta's story was horrid and cheezy at best).

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
This is the same website that said BC2 has worse sound than MW2, something very nearly objective, so take what they say with a block of salt.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts
This is the same website that said BC2 has worse sound than MW2, something very nearly objective, so take what they say with a block of salt.Z0MBIES
Yeah, I saw the 9 they gave it for the sound and was just like "ya sure..."
Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aboogie5

lol they gave mw2 graphics a ten? rofl

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Comparing these two games is like comparing burnout paradise with Gran TurismoPSdual_wielder

Because between the two games in question, one is obviously more realistic than the other. :P

I see whachoo did thurrr mr clever man :P
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Aboogie5

They gave MW2 a 10 in graphics... It blows my mind that I had faith in IGN in the first place.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Gaming journalism is in the toilet people arguing about the the monkeys that dish out bad numbers to raise traffic for thier websites....isnt that what its all about now? tsk tsk

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

all button mashers are the same. Maybe Bayonetta is the same GOW 3 aint out yet so you cant compare

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PSdual_wielder

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]

brennan7777

I think its funny that people complain about the combat never changing, but continue to play, and never complain aboutgames like MW2, Halo, other generic FPS, etc.

This is one of single biggest gripes about gaming journalism that has made me lost all hopes in them.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Theguy56

all button mashers are the same. Maybe Bayonetta is the same GOW 3 aint out yet so you cant compare

Colin1192
Well, by that logic, all shooters are the same.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Bayonetta has a better combat system. GOW as far as combat systems, isn't as good. GOWs huge scale, story, great graphicsand violence are what make it AAA.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
So what? Bayonetta is a great game.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Colin1192
Hahahahahah .........no it's not. Out side of charging, ever review stated the GOW3'3 combat is the same as gow2. Bayonetta is a fast strong and better DMC.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Bayo has faster paced combat this doesnt mean its better it just means its faster and less grounded.

Gow has better visuals,puzzles, voice acting, story and characters.

Bayo is a good game but extremely shallow and forgettable... when you judge a game you judge all the aspects I mentioned. Gow hits all the above points and floors while doing it.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
[QUOTE="Aboogie5"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

GodofBigMacs

They gave MW2 a 10 in graphics... It blows my mind that I had faith in IGN in the first place.

I think IGN was paid by Activision.....
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i guess your right but no game is unbeatable everybody is going to have a different opinion about every game thats why i take reviews with a grain of salt.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dreman999
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Bayo has faster paced combat this doesnt mean its better it just means its faster and less grounded.

Bayo is a good game but extremely shallow and forgettable... when you judge a game you judge all the aspects I mentioned. Gow hits all the above points and floors while doing it.

Trust me. If you played it you would NEVER forget that game. Their is no other action game thats crazier than Bayonetta or has a combat system more over the top. Comparing Bayonetta's combat to GOW is like comparing a Cheetah to a Tortus.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dreman999
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Aboogie5"]

And Metacritic, the average of almost ALL available review sites, states GOW3 is superior.

Note that most of those sites are PS3 only and would give GOW3 a 10 no matter what.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mD-
[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Trust me. If you played it you would NEVER forget that game. Their is no other action game thats crazier than Bayonetta or has a combat system more over the top. Comparing Bayonetta's combat to GOW is like comparing a Cheetah to a Tortus.

Bayonetta is more combo crazy with all of stuff going on, but GoW III is more crazy because of the sheer brutality and just doing straight up mean things...
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Theguy56

Zaibach
Really? I found GoW to be the shallow and forgettable ones. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy them. GoW is just a better cinematic experience. Gameplay keeps me playing. GoW has interesting puzzles and good combat. To each his own. I found Bayonetta's combat to be of high quality.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

Bayonetta was awesome, but I can't wait to determine this for myself!!!! Come on March 16th, hurry the **** up!!

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mD-
[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Aboogie5"]

And Metacritic, the average of almost ALL available review sites, states GOW3 is superior.

Note that most of those sites are PS3 only and would give GOW3 a 10 no matter what.

Wrong, just b/c it's a magazine/web site based on Playstation doesn't mean really much. Check their other reviews. Also, they go on a 1 to 10 scale by 1's and a 1 to 5 scale... They aren't like IGN that goes by .1
hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hamzah1235
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

IGN is a freaking joke now...all they do is have a Playstation team that over critisizes games, while the Xbox 360 team under critizises and ignores problems within the games they are reviewing. MW2 looks like complete garbage on all systems. It has probably the worst texturing this gen, pixelated shadowing, static lighting, and average at best character models, and they give it a 10 in graphics? IGN:"Weill itz da big leapz for COD4z" well its easy to make a big leap from COD 4, as its plagued with the problems i listed above, but its somehow uglier than MW2...Anyways, they gave Bayonetta, a game that had a crappy story,horendous character models, and average visuals at best a 9.5 while GOW3 a 9.3? I understand though, because the Xbox team rated Bayonetta, while the Playstation team rated GOW3

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Aboogie5"]

dreman999

Oh, so we're gonna play "that" card now...:roll:
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

i can see that. i dont know why cows are so excited about gow 3, the first 2 are wildly over-rated. ok its pretty, so what? its still a linear 10 hour button masher (RENTAL at best, $60? hell no)