wow..... Halo 3 looks... awful

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

I'm not too big on FPS but I would like to get into them for next generation gaming, I know that Halo 3 is the most enticipated console FPS and I have to say that it looked impressive from the trailer that bungie showed.

I just went to have a look at the screenshots and I was shocked to see that Halo 3 looked nothing like the trailer and its coming out later this year, don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the 360 but I was just hoping that Microsofts flagship shooter would look better then GeOW.

When GeOW was shown at E3 05 it looked GREAT and then when it was shown at E3 06 it looked even better and now that GeOW is out it looks Fantastic. You know what I think, I think Microsoft are forcing Bungie to release Halo 3 later this year to counteract PS3 and Wii's Killer apps.

Halo 3 is clearly not ready to be released in November judging by screenshots and I can't see Halo 3 triumphing GeOW in the graphics department.

What do you guys think, will Halo 3 be graphically better then GeOW?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say.
Sparkys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sparkys
Member since 2004 • 4074 Posts

Yes it does. But kudos to Bungie for showing the game how it really looks at the moment.

mouldy133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mouldy133
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
not finito
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Not as awful as the tc's spelling. And like it was pointed out numerous times...pre alpha.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
ditto looks disappointing to me, from the pics the game can do way more than that
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

All the screens and footage we've seen so far are very early builds of Halo 3, using mostly place holder textures from Halo 2.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Actually you are right. The game looks very awe inspiring.
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailer
Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
Lets all take a look at some Ps3 games in Pre-Alpha:

This is Motorstorm in pre-alpha

HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts
Who cares about graphics? Online is where it`s at!
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lawlessx
I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerdownPlayDemon
1. the killzone2 trailer was pre-rendered and 2. halo3 so far as only been shown in its pre-alpha stages does that answer your questions?
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AB_Uppercut

Not as awful as the tc's spelling. And like it was pointed out numerous times...pre alpha.shsonline

umm ok, how can you start with an AND after a full stop, explain to me this mr smart guy

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
Crysis is also pre alpha......... but the dev team are not ashamed of how it look so they post loads of pics. Go figure.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
[QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerlawlessx
1. the killzone2 trailer was pre-rendered and 2. halo3 so far as only been shown in its pre-alpha stages does that answer your questions?

how come this logic cant be used for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune?...the double standards....
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerdownPlayDemon

becuase we have bad screenshots of alpha? nothing came out to shwocase graphics or even with what looked like finished game- the Et tu Brute video was the most recent but theres loads of grey, placeholders, etc.- those you can tell. If you wont accept that- Bungie on their blog specifically mentions ait and all the effects, textures, lighting, etc. theyre constantly adding 
HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts

[QUOTE="shsonline"]Not as awful as the tc's spelling. And like it was pointed out numerous times...pre alpha.AB_Uppercut

umm ok, how can you start with an AND after a full stop, explain to me this mr smart guy

Explain to me this? lol i think you`ve owned yourself.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="shsonline"]Not as awful as the tc's spelling. And like it was pointed out numerous times...pre alpha.AB_Uppercut

Is that a sin? I read it everywhere.

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silverjiken
Member since 2005 • 2162 Posts

pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. lawlessx
"But da alpha stagee"

thats whats lemmings have been using the last 20 months:lol:

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerViviath

how come this logic cant be used for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune?...the double standards....

i honestly never even heard of uncharted:Drake's fortune
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
Crysis is also pre alpha......... but the dev team are not ashamed of how it look so they post loads of pics. Go figure.tenaka2

Crysis literally cannot be pre-aplha. Pre alpha is unplayable, Crysis has been played. So by that logic Crysis is all CGI (which most is- many hermits use the pictures from the Crytek Engine tech demo, not the real Crysis game)
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
Graphics are the last thing they put in a game.  Usually game companies finish the design and then see how far they can push the graphics without slowing the framerate down.

That aside, I've always thought Halo and Halo 2 are some of the most overrated games.
mercenar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mercenar3
Member since 2006 • 2238 Posts

do graphics really ever look as good as in the trailer? besides lemmings criticized killzone mostly because it was passed off as in game when it was really cgi.

downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 downPlayDemon

[QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerlawlessx

1. I kno Killzone was prerendered

2. Really well pre-alpha got downgraded since the e3 pre-alpha.(you said it not me)

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tenaka2
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]Crysis is also pre alpha......... but the dev team are not ashamed of how it look so they post loads of pics. Go figure.Conker-Fan

Crysis literally cannot be pre-aplha. Pre alpha is unplayable, Crysis has been played. So by that logic Crysis is all CGI (which most is- many hermits use the pictures from the Crytek Engine tech demo, not the real Crysis game)

lol of course it can. need I remind you that Halo 3 has also been played.......... you fail. You don't seem to be aware of how games are developed, pre alpha does not mean it cannot be played it means its in the early stages of development.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#26 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
[QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]

[QUOTE="shsonline"]Not as awful as the tc's spelling. And like it was pointed out numerous times...pre alpha.Wintry_Flutist

Is that a sin? I read it everywhere.

He was merely defending himself from that guys personal attack on his spelling, as if you needed to join in on it.

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Viviath
[QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerlawlessx

yeah u have...its the naughty dog game that everyone is saying "teh major downgradz!!!!"
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 downPlayDemon
[QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerConker-Fan

becuase we have bad screenshots of alpha? nothing came out to shwocase graphics or even with what looked like finished game- the Et tu Brute video was the most recent but theres loads of grey, placeholders, etc.- those you can tell. If you wont accept that- Bungie on their blog specifically mentions ait and all the effects, textures, lighting, etc. theyre constantly adding 

really, bungie on their blog said blah blah blah. Well Phil Harrison said Killzone is already looking better than the e305 trailer. See how that works?
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

Looks fine to me tbh, atleast wait a few more months till we see more since they havnt relased anything thats a recent build.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tenaka2
People do say that graphics are not everything. You had better hope thats true for halos sake.
pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts

except for the tv trailer? eh?:wink:
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 downPlayDemon

Looks fine to me tbh, atleast wait a few more months till we see more since they havnt relased anything thats a recent build.
justforlotr2004
i am soooooooo angry. I am going to college soon and i chose to keep the ps3. i could only keep one home console and PS3s 2007-2008(schoolyear) lineupe is more appealing to me. The only way i will be able to get this game is with a $150 for the 360. Hopefully choosing ranked matches wont be as bad as Halo 2.
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerpridetwo

except for the tv trailer? eh?:wink:

Well that was never claimed to be ingame or promoted to show off how the game would look or play ingame.  It was just to get people aware that Halo 3 is coming.
danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts
They have over a year to work on this:

Multiplayer^

and this:

I think Halo 3's graphics will rock the kasbah.

I'm more worried about how it will play :P
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. silverjiken

"But da alpha stagee"

thats whats lemmings have been using the last 20 months:lol:

i bet you've been told a million times not to exagerate(sp). lol
jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. lawlessx
why would they keep showing pre alpha if the game is probably in the beta stage within bungie now.... plus what happend to the good looking screenshots being the real deal and controlable, surely if they were the real deal then they would be alittle further on in the graphics department... i mean i model with 3ds max for uni and my models dont get worse over time they get better. what gives! and enough of the pre alpha talk already.
Mintshebang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mintshebang
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I don't know why people are so outraged over all this. It's never over till the fat lady sings, and she ain't singin much these days. No console has won the format war, Halo 3 isn't out to retail, and the future isn't certain. People promising a feature, improvement, or exclusive game (who aren't developers of the game) are just blowing hot air.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I really can't see the problem with the screens...I think they look awesome
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. jonesy1911
why would they keep showing pre alpha if the game is probably in the beta stage within bungie now.... plus what happend to the good looking screenshots being the real deal and controlable, surely if they were the real deal then they would be alittle further on in the graphics department... i mean i model with 3ds max for uni and my models dont get worse over time they get better. what gives! and enough of the pre alpha talk already.

They havnt released a screenshot in a long time, and no the game is not in beta stage right now or it would of been announced.  Also those controllable "screenshots" were controllable ingame engine, meaning thats what the entire engine is capable of doing atm.  Anyway untill they release any shots or videos that arnt in pre-alpha there is nothing anyone can do or say either way about weither the graphics will be good or bad.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. jonesy1911

simple..if bungie were to show what halo3 really looks like now..by the time it releases it will look outdated. them releasing pre-alpha shots were just to start the halo3 hype
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerViviath

yeah u have...its the naughty dog game that everyone is saying "teh major downgradz!!!!"

oh thats the same game? i thought it was a game that was just announced for the ps3..my mistake.
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 justforlotr2004
I really can't see the problem with the screens...I think they look awesomejointed

People are expecting Halo 3 to be some amazing visual master piece which doesnt make sense really because Halo 1/2 wernt especially the showcase for the Xbox's power, they were just good games.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#43 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Halo's graphics have always been good, but never amazing.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tenaka2

I see what you mean, this is a crysis pre alpha shot.... I can't wait till they put the good graphics on  :/

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Conker-Fan"][QUOTE="downPlayDemon"]I remember when lemmings use to scream all day that Killzone 2 is prerendered, but how do they explain this not looking close to the e3 trailerdownPlayDemon

really, bungie on their blog said blah blah blah. Well Phil Harrison said Killzone is already looking better than the e305 trailer. See how that works?

did they go into detail on just how killzone is looking better then the E3 trailer?..i didnt think so.
MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
Bungie n'a pas fini de faire Halo 3. Maintenant, il est moche. Plus tard, Halo 3 va etre tres beaux!
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="jonesy1911"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]pre-alpha screenshots...thats all im going to say. lawlessx

simple..if bungie were to show what halo3 really looks like now..by the time it releases it will look outdated. them releasing pre-alpha shots were just to start the halo3 hype

Although that does make sense I dont know if that is true or not, have to wait and find out.
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 justforlotr2004

I see what you mean, this is a crysis pre alpha shot.... I can't wait till they put the good graphics on :/

tenaka2

Although thats true about Crysis not all game developers are on the same path as others, so weither or not Bungie and Crytek are on the same level of completion during pre-alpha screenshots and video's are unknown.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Viviath
OK, thats it...Is it just me or does Master Chief look fat? I meam seriously...I thought we last left him hitch hiking on the Covenant ship ready to kick sum derrier...how the hell did he gain so much freaking weight!?
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AB_Uppercut

guys guys calm down , I'm no bashing Halo 3 all I'm saying is that its going to be hard for Halo 3 to impress us graphically considering how good GeOW looks.

GeOW looked great in ts pre alpha form back in E3 05 and it looks even better now that its out. Halo 3 looks good but not FANTASTIC, to tell you the truth I think that Halo 3 is going to be delayed untill early next year.