Would a zelda massiivly muli-play game be as big as WOW?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts
? dicuss
atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
NO
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
NO, and would never happen. Also where when why what how????????????
anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts
ZELDA NOOOOOOO GTA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS/  yo how about this idea.  halo mmo.  u make your own spartan/elite and level up your armor putting overshield, camo, speed boost kinda like crysis but more variety of specials.  cool huh
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
NO. The series is always built on single player. IF nintendo made Zelda into a MMO. They officialy sold out. that is the dumbest, stupidest, most idiotic thing you can do to one of gamings great series. seriousaly Zelda should and always be a single player game.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Wasn't there some website that had a Zelda-like multiplayer RPG? I think it was called Grrall or something like that. >_>
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
No and it would never ever happen. If by some miracle Nintendo were to make an MMO it better be Pokemon. Fact is Nintendo is moving away from even games on the scale of Zelda, Metroid, or Mario......... we're not going to see much more than mini games from them anymore let alone something as ambitious as an MMO.
jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts

NO. The series is always built on single player. IF nintendo made Zelda into a MMO. They officialy sold out. that is the dumbest, stupidest, most idiotic thing you can do to one of gamings great series. seriousaly Zelda should and always be a single player game. jg4xchamp

Like in 4 swords?:roll: 

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

with a zelda type of gameplay.....nto really. the fighting and PVP could be great fun (though shields would need to be balanced) but exploring and dungeon solving could be a problem. i could see coop dungeons workign very well but those dungeons take an age to develop. zelda TP took 4 years to develop and only had 8-9 dungeons which just isnt big enough.

to set an MMO in the zelda universe......wel thatd be pretty pointless imho. its dooable but it certinaly wouldnt get anywhere near WOW levels. 

Anxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Anxz
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts
No, but Pokemon mmorpg would beat the crap out of WoW.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
Yeah dont sell out the Zelda franchise, if they were to do a MMO with Zelda gameplay that would rock, but Nintendo should never try and use the Zelda Universe in an MMO.  Better to make a new universe and story designed to be an MMO.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
No. A Zelda MMO is nothing but a male teen's wet dream. It would not work. Singleplayer RPG, perhaps... MMO? On the Wii?
gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
Ruin the storyline.
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks that would be awsome! Well maybe the topic creator lol but seriously that would be an awsome MMO. Zelda already usually has massive area's and maps and if they wanted they could make one. I wonder what each person would be though, well it would work if you were able to choose between the hyrulians, gorons, the water people (forgot what their called) lol and maybe some others. But what role would link play? Oh I got a great idea, maybe the time it takes place link is already dead, him and Zelda because its in the future a bit later and people have followed the teaching Link and Zelda taught when they were King and Queen of Hyrule and the main evil could be Gandorf or a follower of his and sub evils could be people like Vaati and his followers.
chinoceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chinoceron
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

a zelda mmo?...hell no! but a pokemon one would be craaazy!!

if nintendo ever makes a mmo it would definitelly be pokemon. think abou it 

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
We need a zombie MMO....Badly.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]NO. The series is always built on single player. IF nintendo made Zelda into a MMO. They officialy sold out. that is the dumbest, stupidest, most idiotic thing you can do to one of gamings great series. seriousaly Zelda should and always be a single player game. jessmo30_basic

Like in 4 swords?:roll: 

yeah because 4 swords was definantly a good game. it was definantly up to par with OOT, A link to the past, Windwaker, and TP. seriousaly are u high. sure they made 4 swords, but why make zelda into an MMO, it is built around 1 specific character. pokemon mmo makes sense.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
Frankly, the game would suck.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jg4xchamp
No and it would never ever happen. If by some miracle Nintendo were to make an MMO it better be Pokemon. Fact is Nintendo is moving away from even games on the scale of Zelda, Metroid, or Mario......... we're not going to see much more than mini games from them anymore let alone something as ambitious as an MMO.Lazy_Boy88
the only minigames Nintendo made was wiisports, wiiplay, warioware, and mario party 8. Yet the rest of the games made are Zelda, FireEmblem, battallion Wars, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, SupersmashBros. Brawl, Disaster, Project Hammer, Kirby. With the future games probably being mario kart, starfox, fzero, DK platformer, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, etc. Seriousaly look at the wii library as it is. Theres only like 5 or 6 minigames. the future lineup includes 3 minigames- Carnival games, Mario and SOnic, and Rayman. The rest of the lineup are traditional games that we all expect from a console. The wii is getting lots of games that arent minigames, and has lots of games that arent minigames. So please tell me how you can back your statement up. Because at this point you cant.
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts

We need a zombie MMO....Badly.fixer293

Yes I agree 100%.

Zombies in general are awesome, but a Zombie MMO? I'd Buy it. Maybe a Dead Rising type MMO (Dead Rising Needs co-op period)

A Zelda MMO wont happen, shouldnt happen and it should stay that way 

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
 dont think so i kinda like bieng the one true hero of time thats (partially) what its all about when i play those games however i do think if they made an mmo pokemon that just might be one of the greatest things ever think about it diffrent worlds u would have to go to just to get diffrent types of pokemon diffrent special items scattered throughout to get it really would be great but to be honest ive played only one pokemon game (crystal) and i instantly lost my appeal for it the moment i tried to customize my best pokemon to be able to go up against any type of pokemon and i realized that with only four moves available that it just wasnt possible and like that i was done forever but hey good times are bound to end at some point
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jg4xchamp
Am I the only one that thinks that would be awsome! Well maybe the topic creator lol but seriously that would be an awsome MMO. Zelda already usually has massive area's and maps and if they wanted they could make one. I wonder what each person would be though, well it would work if you were able to choose between the hyrulians, gorons, the water people (forgot what their called) lol and maybe some others. But what role would link play? Oh I got a great idea, maybe the time it takes place link is already dead, him and Zelda because its in the future a bit later and people have followed the teaching Link and Zelda taught when they were King and Queen of Hyrule and the main evil could be Gandorf or a follower of his and sub evils could be people like Vaati and his followers.bri360
or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp
 dont think so i kinda like bieng the one true hero of time thats (partially) what its all about when i play those games however i do think if they made an mmo pokemon that just might be one of the greatest things ever think about it diffrent worlds u would have to go to just to get diffrent types of pokemon diffrent special items scattered throughout to get it really would be great but to be honest ive played only one pokemon game (crystal) and i instantly lost my appeal for it the moment i tried to customize my best pokemon to be able to go up against any type of pokemon and i realized that with only four moves available that it just wasnt possible and like that i was done forever but hey good times are bound to end at some pointSerraph105
thats cause the idea behind pokemon is to make a group of six. not just one powerfull beast. its built around having variety and strategy with the different pokemon. but hey whatever. to each his own.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I could see how it would work actually.  Sounds intriguing.  You wouldn't play as Link of course, but an MMO set in he world of Hyrule?  It might actually work.
Ice-Panther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ice-Panther
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
zelda should go to 360 or ps3, sweet graphics mature it up and change up some things in the game, but of course it will NEVER happen
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tylendal
zelda should go to 360 or ps3, sweet graphics mature it up and change up some things in the game, but of course it will NEVER happenIce-Panther
  It's called Fable. :roll:
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 enduin

or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda. jg4xchamp

Yeah I really dont get it. The Zelda story does not lend itself to being an MMO, the style and gameplay would though.  An Action MMORPG that played similar to Zelda would be awesome, I hate WoW and old style MMOs, too passive for me.  But yeah have the dev team create a world made to be an MMO and not ruine the Zelda Universe trying to shoe horn it into an MMO, adding and removing things to make it work.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"] dont think so i kinda like bieng the one true hero of time thats (partially) what its all about when i play those games however i do think if they made an mmo pokemon that just might be one of the greatest things ever think about it diffrent worlds u would have to go to just to get diffrent types of pokemon diffrent special items scattered throughout to get it really would be great but to be honest ive played only one pokemon game (crystal) and i instantly lost my appeal for it the moment i tried to customize my best pokemon to be able to go up against any type of pokemon and i realized that with only four moves available that it just wasnt possible and like that i was done forever but hey good times are bound to end at some pointjg4xchamp
thats cause the idea behind pokemon is to make a group of six. not just one powerfull beast. its built around having variety and strategy with the different pokemon. but hey whatever. to each his own.

yeah i did figure that out but still it got to where the moment i pull out a diffrent beast my opponent would do the same just to top me and it got lame but no matter

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tylendal

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda. enduin

Yeah I really dont get it. The Zelda story does not lend itself to being an MMO, the style and gameplay would though. An Action MMORPG that played similar to Zelda would be awesome, I hate WoW and old style MMOs, too passive for me. But yeah have the dev team create a world made to be an MMO and not ruine the Zelda Universe trying to shoe horn it into an MMO, adding and removing things to make it work.

What about the hyrule kingdom, but before the events of Ocarina of Time?  Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of big war? 

The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts
NOatarigrad
Blessing77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blessing77
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
a harry potter mmorpg  would be kinda cool, but not a zelda one,  you could be an auror or deatheater or a member of the ministry of magic. would be cool
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 enduin
[QUOTE="enduin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda. Tylendal

Yeah I really dont get it. The Zelda story does not lend itself to being an MMO, the style and gameplay would though. An Action MMORPG that played similar to Zelda would be awesome, I hate WoW and old style MMOs, too passive for me. But yeah have the dev team create a world made to be an MMO and not ruine the Zelda Universe trying to shoe horn it into an MMO, adding and removing things to make it work.

What about the hyrule kingdom, but before the events of Ocarina of Time? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of big war?

Yeah, but there are games that predate OoT in the timeline.  And there would undoubtedly be a need to create new races and creatures to fill the gap.  I just think that it would be much better if they created a world designed to be an MMO that was really awesome, then try to stick somewhere in the Zelda universe and mess with things in order to make it work.  Not only for the sanctity of Zelda, but because I really believe that a story and world created to an MMO would be better than a makeshift Zelda MMO world.  Plus it clashes with the whole Zelda motif of a lone hero and what not.

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
No. Never. The world itself has never been big enough, never been built for a SP or MP freeroaming experience.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 foxhound_fox
I still have yet to figure out why every game needs to be turned into an MMO? Why not just a singleplayer RPG?
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Could someone tell me why Western gamers always want to turn every single game into either

A. A Linear/Multiplayer Shooter with online

or

B. A Oblivion or a World of Warcraft clone

No seriously someone tell me why?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Serraph105

a harry potter mmorpg  would be kinda cool, but not a zelda one,  you could be an auror or deatheater or a member of the ministry of magic. would be cool Blessing77

dued that would be badass although i definitly wouldnt want EA working on it Blizzard on the other hand i know would do it justice

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] dont think so i kinda like bieng the one true hero of time thats (partially) what its all about when i play those games however i do think if they made an mmo pokemon that just might be one of the greatest things ever think about it diffrent worlds u would have to go to just to get diffrent types of pokemon diffrent special items scattered throughout to get it really would be great but to be honest ive played only one pokemon game (crystal) and i instantly lost my appeal for it the moment i tried to customize my best pokemon to be able to go up against any type of pokemon and i realized that with only four moves available that it just wasnt possible and like that i was done forever but hey good times are bound to end at some pointSerraph105

yeah i did figure that out but still it got to where the moment i pull out a diffrent beast my opponent would do the same just to top me and it got lame but no matter

nah, i know what ur talking about, it gets mad annoying. Really stupid. but hey whatever.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tylendal
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="enduin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda. enduin

What about the hyrule kingdom, but before the events of Ocarina of Time? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of big war?

Yeah, but there are games that predate OoT in the timeline. And there would undoubtedly be a need to create new races and creatures to fill the gap. I just think that it would be much better if they created a world designed to be an MMO that was really awesome, then try to stick somewhere in the Zelda universe and mess with things in order to make it work. Not only for the sanctity of Zelda, but because I really believe that a story and world created to an MMO would be better than a makeshift Zelda MMO world. Plus it clashes with the whole Zelda motif of a lone hero and what not.

But there's no games that talk about the giant war that took place.  There could be 6 races, Human, Zora, Kokiri, Goron, Deku, & Gerudo.  It wouldn't be too hard to expand the world, just put in more detail, while Hyrule from OoT would just give the skeleton of the world they could design.  It could work really well.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="enduin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] or they could not ruin the franchise and make a new ip into an mmo. or pokemon into an mmo. or fire emblem into an mmo. Or have monolith make baten katos or a xenosaga into an mmo. or have monolith make a brand new ip mmo. Seriousaly why ruin Zelda. Tylendal

What about the hyrule kingdom, but before the events of Ocarina of Time?  Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of big war? 

why not make a whole new universe for an MMO. instead of going around zelda. Leave zelda the way its meant to be played.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="enduin"]

Yeah, but there are games that predate OoT in the timeline.  And there would undoubtedly be a need to create new races and creatures to fill the gap.  I just think that it would be much better if they created a world designed to be an MMO that was really awesome, then try to stick somewhere in the Zelda universe and mess with things in order to make it work.  Not only for the sanctity of Zelda, but because I really believe that a story and world created to an MMO would be better than a makeshift Zelda MMO world.  Plus it clashes with the whole Zelda motif of a lone hero and what not.

i know this idea would never actually happen but what if they just made TP's world a continent in WOW its seems more detailed than any of their continents anyways

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp
I still have yet to figure out why every game needs to be turned into an MMO? Why not just a singleplayer RPG?foxhound_fox
how about we dont make it an rpg either. leave it as the great adventure game it is. and fix some of the formula in terms of dungeons, story, weapons, characters, etc. Seriousaly there is no reason to change a great series in Zelda to an mmo or and rpg.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

Imagine Majora's Mask as an MMO and without the time limit. Bliss.

But a Pokemon MMO would own everything.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jg4xchamp

Could someone tell me why Western gamers always want to turn every single game into either

or

Dencore
im a western gamer and incase you havent noticed i dont want them to do that to zelda. seriousaly why ruin a great series on purpose.
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

or

Dencore

Can someone tell me whey Japanese developers believe that they have the right to tie a noose around the consumer's neck, shovel worthless content down his or her throat in the most disgusting and linear fashion, while encorporating more tired and pointless teenage-market cliches than the average person can count without the aid of a TI-83?

Yeah, games were limited in scope and depth back when processors could barely show an 8-bit Mario jumping around a small level.  It doesn't make sense in a day with 2GiG RAM, multiprocessors, cell processors, monster GPU's, motion sensing controls, etc.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 enduin

i know this idea would never actually happen but what if they just made TP's world a continent in WOW its seems more detailed than any of their continents anyways

Serraph105

Well I hate WoWs gameplay so I wouldnt be terribly happy about it.  Half of Zelda is the gameplay, its the fact that you are the one controlling everything Link does. 

But there's no games that talk about the giant war that took place. There could be 6 races, Human, Zora, Kokiri, Goron, Deku, & Gerudo. It wouldn't be too hard to expand the world, just put in more detail, while Hyrule from OoT would just give the skeleton of the world they could design. It could work really well.

Tylendal

Yeah Ive been in dozens of discussions about this and it could work, I will concede that, but I am on the side that is very skepticle about how well intact that timeline and universe would be as a result.  But I dont know why people want the Zelda Universe to be tampered with in trying to create an MMO.  Better suited stories and worlds could be created for an MMO.  Keep the Style and Gameplay of Zelda, its story though isnt about thousands of adventurers, big battles and what not.  Its about one man/boy with the courage to save the world against all evil.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tylendal

They turned Warcraft into an MMORPG.  They turned Star Wars into an MMORPG, they turned LotR into an MMORPG.

Why not Zelda.  I still think my idea about the war in Hyrule has merit. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox
how about we dont make it an rpg either. leave it as the great adventure game it is. and fix some of the formula in terms of dungeons, story, weapons, characters, etc. Seriousaly there is no reason to change a great series in Zelda to an mmo or and rpg. jg4xchamp

Action/Adventure games are not allowed to have character building and other RPG elements now?

The series needs innovation... and TP proves this quite well. I think adding custom character creation, a larger, more open world and branching stories would definitely add to it and change it for the better.

Not all RPG's need turn based battles.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 enduin

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]how about we dont make it an rpg either. leave it as the great adventure game it is. and fix some of the formula in terms of dungeons, story, weapons, characters, etc. Seriousaly there is no reason to change a great series in Zelda to an mmo or and rpg. foxhound_fox

Action/Adventure games are not allowed to have character building and other RPG elements now?

The series needs innovation... and TP proves this quite well. I think adding custom character creation, a larger, more open world and branching stories would definitely add to it and change it for the better.

I agree with the need for a more involving story with branching plot lines, deeper stats system, but they need to keep it Link, no other characters.  Though I do think they need to have more than just three tunics, three or so swords and what not.  They need to have a more depth to the items and weapons Link uses as well as his stats and what not.

Many of TPs items were quite useless outside the one spot in the temple they were found, the world is too specific.  Magic Armour was totally useless as well.  They need to have just varied equipment with different effects and just plain aesthetic purposes.  

Zelda needs to stay an Action Adventure, but it already has some RPG aspects, adding a few more and with a little bit more depth wont hurt it.  But turning it into an RPG wouldnt be right.  Too many outside distractions could be detrimental to the game. Having to deal with too many stats, abilities, spells, items etc could get in the way of the game.

Its about puzzles, fast paced/easy access combat and exploration.  They need to build of those, give them more depth, even if its just difficulty settings which make more/less enemies and smarter/dumber enemies.  Items need to be more versatile, even upgradable beyond how many you can carry.

People are too quick to change a game completely when within its own genre there are still so many things that can be done to rejuvenate it. 

Zero_Fate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Zero_Fate_
Member since 2003 • 3448 Posts
Well they are creating a Dragon Ball MMO so I suppose anything can happen.
Link
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tylendal

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]how about we dont make it an rpg either. leave it as the great adventure game it is. and fix some of the formula in terms of dungeons, story, weapons, characters, etc. Seriousaly there is no reason to change a great series in Zelda to an mmo or and rpg. enduin

I agree with the need for a more involving story with branching plot lines, deeper stats system, but they need to keep it Link, no other characters. Though I do think they need to have more than just three tunics, three or so swords and what not. They need to have a more depth to the items and weapons Link uses as well as his stats and what not.

Many of TPs items were quite useless outside the one spot in the temple they were found, the world is too specific. Magic Armour was totally useless as well. They need to have just varied equipment with different effects and just plain aesthetic purposes.

Zelda needs to stay an Action Adventure, but it already has some RPG aspects, adding a few more and with a little bit more depth wont hurt it. But turning it into an RPG wouldnt be right. Too many outside distractions could be detrimental to the game. Having to deal with too many stats, abilities, spells, items etc could get in the way of the game.

Its about puzzles, fast paced/easy access combat and exploration. They need to build of those, give them more depth, even if its just difficulty settings which make more/less enemies and smarter/dumber enemies. Items need to be more versatile, even upgradable beyond how many you can carry.

People are too quick to change a game completely when within its own genre there are still so many things that can be done to rejuvenate it.

You don't even need Link.  keep Link and zelda completely out of it.  Just have regular characters.Â