Will Killzone be scored fairly this time?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10749 posts) -

We all know what the Killzone name means: nonsensical story with unlikeable characters, dull level design, bland shooting mechanics and derivative, unbalanced multiplayer... all covered up by shiny graphics.

Now, a new Killzone game is coming up on brand new hardware, will reviews manage to see pass teh gapix and score the bad game beneath them accordingly?

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10179 posts) -

agree on the story and characters, wholeheartedly disagree on the shooting mechanics

#3 Posted by Gue1 (9381 posts) -

bland shooting and unbalanced MP? Please TC, go play the game and stop spreading lies you have heard from other people. -__-

#4 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

They gave CoD:G a 8.0

By that standard, Killzone should get a 12.0

#5 Edited by loco145 (10749 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

bland shooting and unbalanced MP? Please TC, go play the game and stop spreading lies you have heard from other people. -__-

I played all the KZ games. The only good one is Killzone Liberation.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

I have loved the Killzone series and have agreed with the the scores the last 2 games got. I'm really looking forward to playing this game. If only Rico could make it in the game, the most dynamic, deep, 3 dimensional video game character to have ever been put in a game. One can hope?

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

Will most likely score an 8 with the new GS rating system

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25645 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

If only Rico could make it in the game, the most dynamic, deep, 3 dimensional video game character to have ever been put in a game

Heil, I swear to God, you're the only reason I want to see the SW Awards exist this year.

#9 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

WHAT THE FUCK?

Killzone unlikeable characters? People hate Rico in KZ2, thats it.... thats just one character

dull level design? Holy mother of GOD, have you played KZ at all?

bland shooting mechanics??? are you out of your fucking mind?

derivative, unbalanced multiplayer? Ok... I get it. You never played a single KZ game.

#10 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

idk. cod was scored fairly out of main gaming sites lol

#11 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I believe no game is ever scored 'fairly'. It's umpossible.

#12 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

A 6.5

#13 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman is puzzled.

"GS awarded KS2 shooter of the year. KZ2 9 on gs, 91 on meta. KZ3 9 on gs, 84 meta. Best fps mechanics to date."

#14 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

I'm pretty sure KZ2 got a 9 on GS and KZ3 a 8.5 soooo....

#15 Edited by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

Killzone is fun

#16 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2351 posts) -

Nope, I can assure you it will still score 8-9. It's teh only Sony PS4 launch exclusive.

#17 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Will lemmings ever play games in 1080p? LOL

#18 Posted by silversix_ (13884 posts) -

Always disliked KZ but played the 2nd and 3rd to see sup with these shiny graphics. Will give this one a chance and buy it. FoW looks mediocre tho. A little more zoom in and you'll be able to detect microbes on your weapons...

#19 Edited by Basinboy (10976 posts) -

Day 1

#20 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

Kz2 was 9.0 + shooter of the year, and kz3 was 8.5. I think that's pretty fair :) KZ sf will score a solid 8... unless a particular person reviews it :P

#21 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6231 posts) -

I can not agree with half your statements TC. I really disliked more then a few characters in Kz2 and 3 (never playied the first so would'nt know). I never really liked the story they presented, at times something interesseting would get hinted at, but never follwoed up.

But the gunplay in Kz is retty darn good (prefer 2 over 3, even if it was a happy accident). And MP is likely one of the better console shooter experiences you can have (not Halo good, I would argue that both CoD and BF are also better, but apart from those? yeah I guess KZ takes a solid 4th place.

I expect between an 8 and a 9 for this game, it seems that for once they managed to grasp a decent sotry and even a good way of presenting the story. Gunplay looks... passable... Graphics will not really be the best, but it is very solid.

#22 Edited by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Will lemmings ever play games in 1080p? LOL

Forza 5

lol owned

#23 Posted by Suppaman100 (3695 posts) -
#24 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1670 posts) -

Sounds like OP got r4pe on Killzone 2 MP. Its ok, not everyone can be good at the best MP on PS3.

#25 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Everyone always talks about Killzone SF graphics. Sure they are nice and probably worth a extra point giving a normally 6 game a bump to 7.

No one ever talks about the gameplay.................oh the boring gameplay.

#26 Posted by _Matt_ (8835 posts) -

TC has obviously never played a KIllzone game. Either that or he played it with his fanboy goggles on.

#27 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1670 posts) -

Everyone always talks about Killzone SF graphics. Sure they are nice and probably worth a extra point giving a normally 6 game a bump to 7.

No one ever talks about the gameplay.................oh the boring gameplay.

The 0 aim assist online with the fully custom warzone? how about the clan support? squad support? clan match support?

Is it time to get good?

#28 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1935 posts) -

KZSF is going to outscore both BF4 and Ghosts!

#29 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25528 posts) -

If Gamespot slap an 8 on Activision's latest bowel movement, I would think KZ4 has a good chance of 9.

#30 Posted by Phazevariance (10929 posts) -

WHAT THE FUCK?

Killzone unlikeable characters? People hate Rico in KZ2, thats it.... thats just one character

derivative, unbalanced multiplayer? Ok... I get it. You never played a single KZ game.

All his facts are true. KZ2 and KZ3 were boring as shit.

#31 Posted by RR360DD (11499 posts) -

Hopefully. I want Gamespot to stay realistic and not just grade it high because its pretty.

KZ2 was the best in the series, and was an 8 at best. KZ3 deserved a 6/7. Never even touched the first one, complete garbage lol.

#32 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3346 posts) -

I guess some people just have different opinions.

#33 Edited by heretrix (37284 posts) -

Commenting is all weird this morning.

#34 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17209 posts) -

@loco145 said:

We all know what the Killzone name means: nonsensical story with unlikeable characters, dull level design, bland shooting mechanics and derivative, unbalanced multiplayer... all covered up by shiny graphics.

Now, a new Killzone game is coming up on brand new hardware, will reviews manage to see pass teh gapix and score the bad game beneath them accordingly?

It's hard for me to get passed one issue. The enemy has glowing red targets on their face. That must be the dumbest thing ever to put on your soldiers.

HEY SHOOT ME. RED EYES HERE. SHOOT AWAY.

#35 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17209 posts) -
#36 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28333 posts) -

Killzone as a series is overrated in every single way even when it gets bad scores its still overrated.

#37 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

The last KZ was just as bad as Crysis 3.

#38 Posted by ristactionjakso (5664 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow:

WHAT THE FUCK?

Rico needs to die asap, preferably by my own hands and the KZ3 MP sucks. Invisible snipers with assault rifles and one shot one kill sniper rifles??? come on GG.

#39 Edited by PAL360 (26632 posts) -

I would be happy with an 8.0. It's a very good score for a shooter, these days.

#40 Edited by Chutebox (36416 posts) -

Yes it will, just like the previous two console games.

#41 Edited by bufu21 (1214 posts) -

Im sure it will be an awesome game that scores poorly to SW standards

#42 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Killzone SF NEEDS to be a lot better than the previous 3 as this is pretty much the only game the PS4 has (I'm not gonna bother counting multiplats as they aren't what you buy a new console for and they're available on the PS3, XBox 360, One and PC).

#43 Edited by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

Lems be mad in this thread.

Killzone is great. AAA shooter all the way. If you play games like Gears, CoD, Battlefield, etc... and you try to bash Killzone for it's "story" . You are just a blind, biased idiot plane and simple. Killzone arguably has a better story than any of these games - which admittedly is not much of an accomplishment. But these are all AAA shooters.

Warzone mode was the highlight. But the mechs and jetpacks introduced in kZ3 were pretty fun as well. If Shadowfall has that type of stuff it could be amazing on a next gen platform.

#44 Posted by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

I can not agree with half your statements TC. I really disliked more then a few characters in Kz2 and 3 (never playied the first so would'nt know). I never really liked the story they presented, at times something interesseting would get hinted at, but never follwoed up.

But the gunplay in Kz is retty darn good (prefer 2 over 3, even if it was a happy accident). And MP is likely one of the better console shooter experiences you can have (not Halo good, I would argue that both CoD and BF are also better, but apart from those? yeah I guess KZ takes a solid 4th place.

I expect between an 8 and a 9 for this game, it seems that for once they managed to grasp a decent sotry and even a good way of presenting the story. Gunplay looks... passable... Graphics will not really be the best, but it is very solid.

This man gets it.

#45 Edited by bezza2011 (2306 posts) -

this has surely been put up to wind you lot up and it's worked lol

#46 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Will, Killzone 3 was pretty bland, KZ2 was pretty good though since it had a heavier feel and wasn't as arcadey as COD.

#47 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

If Gamespot slap an 8 on Activision's latest bowel movement, I would think KZ4 has a good chance of 9.

That's what I'm expecting.

#48 Posted by DanteSuikoden (3418 posts) -

Killzone is the biggest launch game between the two consoles. I have no doubt in my mind that Gamespot is gonna flop it for some traffic.

#49 Edited by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Killzone has gotten really fair reviews on Gamespot over the years. Killzone 2 = 9, Killzone 3 = 8.5.

Kevin Van Ord has been objective in my view. I think he'll review Shadow Fall as well since he's likely the most invested Killzone staffer on this site. Kinda like how Chris Watters usually reviews Call of Duty.

#50 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

WHAT THE FUCK?

This.