Will console focus result in an even more simplistic fallout?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup

Poll Will console focus result in an even more simplistic fallout? (26 votes)

Yes 42%
No 58%

Skyrim has massive sales. Very big. Both Dragon Age and The Witcher are attempting to mimic it in order to being in the pennys. From Daggerfall to Skyrim, the series has become increasingly streamlined to the point, it is no longer an RPG, but Call Of Duty with swords.

Nothing matters in this game, you just do things.

Fallout 3 (at the time) was accused of being "oblivion with guns". Will Fallout 4 (specifically due to console focus) be streamlined even more to the point that Fallout 3 will actually somehow appear deep in comparsion?

I think so my friends, in my hart, I believe this to truly be the case.

• 
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I believe your threads to truly be the worst.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Friend, why do you have to be a fakeboy. You would be much more entertaining if you supported the consoles as the consolite you truly are.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Even Skyrim is better than this TC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Meh thread.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

if they want good scores and sales being complex is not an option. That is for sure.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Simplicity is awesome.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I believe your assessment of RPG means diddly shit. Calling the Elder Scrolls latest "COD with swords" is bullshit extremism, whis is what you are accusing the devs of doing, so that's an instafail. And just because the witcher 3 is expanding its world to be more open doesn't mean its copying. Fail, do not pass GO, in fact hand your money to Charizard1605 and just stop playing games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

if Obsidian makes it, the game will actually have some depth to it. If Bethesda makes it, it'll be a fun little amusement park for escapists, but the core gameplay will be dull if you aren't super quick to buy into their game worlds.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I believe your assessment of RPG means diddly shit.

Objectively (as in fact) Bethesda games have became increasingly simplistic as well as being influenced by other streamlined titles, including Calls Of Duty's and Bioshocks.

It's a fact. What I said was a fact. Based on reality. Due to being a fact. Using evidence from reality, makes it a fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

umm wat was teh question again?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I still don't see where new Vegas out does fallout 3. Forget my gripes with launch day bugs, I didn't enjoy post apocalyptic Vegas over the world Bethesda built around DC and I didn't think obsidian stuffed it with as many memorable moments , characters and side quests as fallout 3 did. I will say though that the fallout magic had worn a little though by the time Vegas dropped and that obsidian improved a lot of aspects in the gameplay, much the same way they did with kotor2 and I'd be happy with them making another fallout game.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I still maintain that The Witcher is a superior franchise to The Elder Scrolls.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup

@magicalclick said:

I don't get the obsession with Obsidian. Their game is buggy. And the maps are poorly made, making loading screen a lot more frequent than KOTOR. While they did improve some stuff in KOTOR2, but, the game is not as enjoyable as KOTOR1. It just doesn't have the same magic feeling. I have replay KOTOR1 many times, but, I never has the interest to replay KOTOR2.

When I play KOTOR1, I feel like I am playing some truly fantastic. The pacing. The graphics. Everything. KOTOR2 graphics is just not as great. Taking about KOTOR1, some one please remaster it.

I'm sorry to say my console brethren, but Kotor 1 is a poor mans Planescape Torement requiring a gimmick plot twist as opposed to any actual meaning or depth, as a superior title (like Planetscape Torement has).

The action gameplay is KOTOR 2 is poor, just as KOTOR 1 is poor due to console limitations. However, the story-telling is well beyond anything Bioware has done, or probably will ever do.

Loading Video...

At this point, it's pretty unarguable Obsidian do the best job of letting the player actually play a bad guy. Bioware (being pretentious pricks) do not even want the player to be given the option of being bad. Instead they opt to make awkward sex scenes with plastic surgery burn victims.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I liked Fallout 3 much more than New Vegas, so things seem to be on a downward trend, for me at least. I did however like the somewhat simpler and smaller skills system of New Vegas. Same could be said of Skyrim though, I liked the updates to the leveling system but the game itself was rather lacking. I realize Obsidian did New Vegas and not Bethesda, but Bethesda isn't giving me the confidence I used to have in it after Skyrim. In Skyrim they nailed gameplay mechanics but left out the gameplay, mainly the meaty quests and instead relied on auto-generated quests of "the Jarl wants you to kill a troll/dragon, kill it and come back for your reward". Hopefully Bethesda doesn't take a similar approach to Fallout.

Anyhow, it's not console focus itself I feel is huttng these games, I think it's rather in general designing these games for the multiple systems probably is wasting development resources. Not that I felt these games were simplified in a sense to cater to a wider audience, though there was a big jump in accessibility for the series with Fallout 3. But as of late, I worry given the success of the games publishers want to pump them out quicker and aren't giving them the time and resources they need to keep the games up to the same level of quality of their attention grabbing successes. That goes for other publishers and IPs too.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#17 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

Its up to Bethesda being lazy. do you know how much cash they saved using Oblivion engine.

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

They just need to improve the gunplay, it should feel like playing a normal shooter without the clunky tank like feeling, need a new engine for it to work well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

@xh117 said:

They just need to improve the gunplay, it should feel like playing a normal shooter without the clunky tank like feeling, need a new engine for it to work well.

I think an isometric game, that's an RPG, designed for pc, that's good would probably be a better course.