Will Battlefield Bad Company 2 be remebered as one of the best FPS games ever ?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RoyalWCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RoyalWCheese
Member since 2010 • 284 Posts

Alot of my friends play this, I'm thinking of buying, Is the MP balanced, I heard complaints of everyone using the sniper online because it's so overpowered.... Anyhow, I also heard it's an amazing game, what do you think of it ?

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Alot of my friends play this, I'm thinking of buying, Is the MP balanced, I heard complaints of everyone using the sniper online because it's so overpowered.... Anyhow, I also heard it's an amazing game, what do you think of it ?

RoyalWCheese
Great game yes, one of the best? No. BF2 and BF2142 are still better imo.
RoyalWCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RoyalWCheese
[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"]

mattuk69

Is it a better FPS than Modern Warfare ?
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
I think MW and MW2 are more popular.
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

[QUOTE="mattuk69"][QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"]

RoyalWCheese

MW is terrible.

yugioh3ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yugioh3ds
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts

RoyalWCheese

MW2 and BC2 can not be compared. totally different FPS

MW2 = run & gun, first sees the other is the winner

BC2 = objective based, everyone rushes to defend, set goals.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Not even close to being the best ever.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

NO. it won't.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"]

mattuk69

I love Bad Company 2 and 2142 for different reasons, but I have to say that overall BC2 is the better game in my opinion. Much better balancing of classes, destructible environments, and best of all, some complex environments, make the game amazing. You can actually use camaflouge and hiding in Bad company 2 really well and the destruction is awesome. For me it is the best FPS game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Since I dont really have any real life friends that game, I didnt like this, it is to team based and random teams, that all needed to work together didnt happen very often. I prefer cod, halo or gears since I can win on my own

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife

psn8214

And what is? You need facts here, or AT LEAST opinions ;). I can understand if you dont like the game, but it is amazing and arguably the best battlefield game, which is my favorite FPS series ever.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

NaveedLife

And what is? You need facts here, or AT LEAST opinions ;). I can understand if you dont like the game, but it is amazing and arguably the best battlefield game, which is my favorite FPS series ever.

Team fortress 2, Half life and Crysis come to mind. Personally though Killzone is my favorite FPS series.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

I wouldn't say it's one of the best ever, but I would say it's one of the best for the PS3/Xbox 360. The sniping in that game is really satisfying, and as a person that loves sniping it was a lot of fun playing the game.

davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

NaveedLife

I love Bad Company 2 and 2142 for different reasons, but I have to say that overall 2142 is the better game in my opinion. Much better balancing of classes, destructible environments, and best of all, some complex environments, make the game amazing. You can actually use camaflouge and hiding in Bad company 2 really well and the destruction is awesome. For me it is the best FPS game.

Hey you made a typo you said 2142 was better, but then you described Bad Company 2

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"]

mattuk69

Bf2 is in no way better, all it is online is grenade spam since you get 4. BFBC2 imo is one of the best FPS games of this year. The sniper class is not as overpowered as everyone says, just dont run into the open like an idiot.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Nah, it's singleplayer was terrible, I don't even remember a thing from it, and even though it's multiplayer was fun it's small number of game modes and stupid restrictions for certain game modes on certain maps kind of diminished it's staying power. I'm happy they are finally making this VIP card worthwhile and adding some new maps. I will be popping the game back in when those come out.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
BF2 and 2142 are better than it but it's probably the best FPS in the last two years. Notable entry in the FPS genre but that's about it.
davidkamayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 davidkamayor
Member since 2008 • 1642 Posts

Nick3306

Bf2 is in no way better, all it is online is grenade spam since you get 4. BFBC2 imo is one of the best FPS games of this year. The sniper class is not as overpowered as everyone says, just dont run into the open like an idiot.

It's massively overpowered in hardcore, but in regular it's fine and Regular>Hardcore. Yeah just BC2 is kind of worse on the consoles due to the fact that the matchmaker always puts you in the worst maps (I'm looking at you Port Valdez Conquest)

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#19 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

There are alot of great fps games now. I'm sure Bad Company 2 will be remembered as one of the best in terms of just being a really, really good game, but I don't think it'll be in the upper echelon with Golden Eye, Halo: Combat Evolved and Call of Duty 4 if thats what you're suggesting. It's good but it didn't do anything ground breaking.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

The game is quite balanced. Sniper overpowered? Sure, if you can make headshots all the time. Only weapon I thought was quite OP was "Carl Gustav" which is a rocket launcher that can shoot rockets that go really far and in a pretty straight line, making getting kills with it really easy. The game is great, though.

And to answer your topic title: Hell no.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

No, it's a great game, but has a lot of problems, can't wait for the new maps though, need to rebuy it again.

RoyalWCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoyalWCheese

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

theuncharted34

Team fortress 2, Half life and Crysis come to mind. Personally though Killzone is my favorite FPS series.

Not hating on your opinion or anything but, I found Killzone 2's multiplayer to be a little unbalanced.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Something's wrong if this is the best FPS game ever...
smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
there is quite a few shooters thats better but its still one of the most played shooter I've played on a console.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"][QUOTE="mattuk69"] Great game yes, one of the best? No. BF2 and BF2142 are still better imo.yugioh3ds

I disagree they are the same game

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

It's a good game but I think Modern Warfare will be remembered for years to come for its silky smooth gameplay and graphics.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Sadly no, usually to be rembered as one of the best you had to change something. BC2 just improve on the normal formual. It was a good game but its not a best fps.

In 10 years, people will rember Cod4 not mw2, waw, or blackops. Becuase cod4 was the begining of a new age.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
One of the greatest FPS of this gen? Yes One of the best ever? No
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

no military shooters will be, there are too many that are completely alike.

the best games are unique or atleast started the trend.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psn8214

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

NaveedLife

I didn't like the game too much, is all. :P Don't take it personally, but I thought compared to previous Battlefield titles it was weak. I'd go in depth, but I get flamed a lot for not being 100% satisfied with this game, so I'll spare myself the trouble. :P

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not even one of the best Battlefield games. Seriously, if you have ever played the pre-Bad Company Battlefield games, you know what I am talking about. Bad Company has one foot in COD camp, the other in Battlefield camp. BF2 and BF2142 are both much deeper and better games. Lets not even joke about this being one of the best FPS games ever.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Short answer: NO Long answer: It will be remembered for bringing some sanity back to the console shooter market after COD killed itself and at the same time took over the market.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

It's definately a great game, but one of the best? Hold on there dude :o. The multiplayer is probably one of the best this gen on consoles, but the campaign is far too mediocre, although a huge step up from the first one. They got the level design and combat right, but lack of polish and godawful story(worse than MW2's) bog it down.

It's still worth picking up if you're into multiplayer shooters, because it's excellent in that category, just not up there with "the greats"

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I can't see it being one of the best but it is very good and my fav online game right now. It's community options aren't great enough yet, though MOD tools are rumoured

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"][QUOTE="mattuk69"] Great game yes, one of the best? No. BF2 and BF2142 are still better imo.yugioh3ds

Yes they can. People, anything can be compared to anything. Little Big Planet can be compared to Bad Company 2 if you want. You can pick out similarities and differences from each game. Watch:

Similarities: Both have online Multiplayer, Both have offline Single Player.

Differences: LBP allows you to create levels and share with the world, BC2 does not, BC2 you can level up your character and earn upgrades, LBP you can not.

First people say you can't compare one game to another if they're different Genres, THEN people say you can't compare two games in the same Genre...

again, you can compare anything to anything else, it is possible. :)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife

It's definately a great game, but one of the best? Hold on there dude :o. The multiplayer is probably one of the best this gen on consoles, but the campaign is far too mediocre, although a huge step up from the first one. They got the level design and combat right, but lack of polish and godawful story(worse than MW2's) bog it down.

It's still worth picking up if you're into multiplayer shooters, because it's excellent in that category, just not up there with "the greats"

Upparoom

Yeah but they gave the campaign to the console players really :P. I personally never gave a crap about the campaign (which wasnt bad for being battlefield), as I play it on PC and am used to playing 2142 which had no campaign. I dont buy BF for a campaign, I and most PC players buy it for the MP mode, which is the best FPS MP mode I have ever experienced. Of course there are other FPS's that are just different and serve to satisfy a different FPS need, such as Halo, Counterstrike, and more.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Bad Company 2 is the FPS that I enjoyed the most online this generation. Get it. You will not regret it. As being one of the best of all time: I think it's up there with the best.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NaveedLife

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not even one of the best Battlefield games. Seriously, if you have ever played the pre-Bad Company Battlefield games, you know what I am talking about. Bad Company has one foot in COD camp, the other in Battlefield camp. BF2 and BF2142 are both much deeper and better games. Lets not even joke about this being one of the best FPS games ever.-ArchAngeL-777-

I started with 2142 and so did my bud, and we both agree that both BC2 and 2142 are great games and are better in different ways, but overall BC2 is the better game. The environments are the main reason. Between the complexity and destruction it makes for some very satisfying and diverse gameplay.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
Rofl, no. BF1942 >>>> All other BF games.
NiteLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 NiteLights
Member since 2010 • 1181 Posts

[QUOTE="yugioh3ds"]

[QUOTE="RoyalWCheese"] Is it a better FPS than Modern Warfare ?tutt3r

I disagree they are the same game

You're kidding me right? How the hell are they the same?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NaveedLife

Bad Company 2 is the FPS that I enjoyed the most online this generation. Get it. You will not regret it. As being one of the best of all time: I think it's up there with the best. majadamus

Listen to him, he is a smart man :P.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#42 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

one of the best this gen; however, no where as significant as BF 2 was for its time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

Bad Company 2 isn't that great. The SP is very forgettable but the multiplayer is kinda fun. First off the multiplayer is kinda dead and if a lot of gametypes just don't even have anyone playing. Way too many campers, on hardcore nobody does anything but snipe, its overall not that fun, and there's only like only like 4 maps so it gets old. Its kinda fun but not even close to one of the best shooters out there.

There are much better shooters out there like Halo Reach, Black Ops, and MW2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
Rofl, no. BF1942 >>>> All other BF games.Remmib
That game came out in 2002. I am sure games have really evolved by now. Pc gamers have a bad case on nostalgia. Just like dues ex is the best game ever made????/ I dont get it. Just because you enjoyed it at that time and the feeling you had then has not been replicated does not mean it is the better game, I am sure someone playing that for the first and the 10 yr newer game would have a different reaction.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

I don't think it'll be remembered at all.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 psn8214

I don't think it'll be remembered at all.

hypoty

Me neither. Battlefield 3, on the other hand... that might.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Ever? Probably not due to popularity will spoil the polls or whatever. This gen? Definitely. Even though Battlefield 2 is a better game, BC2 managed to have it's own identity and still be really, really good.

NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Its the greatest fps in recent memory to me but definately not one of the best. Bf2 is so much superior, I dont see why everyone likes COD4l there was really nothing new or revolutionary about imo still a good game though.