Wii...versus PSP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tifaz
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts

lol probably gonna get flamed for this but its true. We shouldn't be comparing the wii graphics with the xbox.....more like sonys handheld PSP! Look at these screenshots and tell me they don't look like their from the same console. In the UK wii's are selling for £250...the same as a 360. Nintendo are milking us....the wii is worth under £100. You'd think it wouldn't hurt nintendo to put a little bit more horsepower inside the wii..at least to make it a tiny bit better than systems released 8 years ago.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) -

Red Steel (Wii) - 

GTA Vice City Stories (PSP) -

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii) -

Medal of Honour Heroes (PSP) -

Call of Duty 3 (Wii) -

To show off the graphics of the wii some usually use this picture of mario....which hasn't been released yet nor is it in game. So I present in return....Gran turismo 4 for the PSP.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) -

Gran turismo 4 Mobile (PSP) -

Now i'm not trying to say the psp can produce better graphics than the wii that would be retarded. But its just pathetic you can compare nintendo's 'next gen' console with a handheld device....

arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts
Low Res JPEGs FTW!!!!! Wii grafx is teh suxxx0r!!!!!!
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
It's good to see Wii getting exposed lately......:D
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Posting terribl;e pics of one console and comparing them with amazing pics of another, never seen that done before..
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
em its £180 for a wii...
88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts
Not again...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Wow, what an original topic! Where did you find that pic of GT4 for the PSP, btw?
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
:| x 1000
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tifaz
Posting terribl;e pics of one console and comparing them with amazing pics of another, never seen that done before..hazbazz
Pretty sure im comparing fair character models from red steel to mgs. A decent in game screen shot of twilight princess and even that mario screen shot which is the best screenshot for the wii so far. And that was the clearest call of duty 3 pic i could find from gamespot.
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
This isn't serious is it? I mean, this is just such a stupid topic. The N64>the PSP I am very sure Wii>N64
smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"]Posting terribl;e pics of one console and comparing them with amazing pics of another, never seen that done before..tifaz
Pretty sure im comparing fair character models from red steel to mgs. A decent in game screen shot of twilight princess and even that mario screen shot which is the best screenshot for the wii so far. And that was the clearest call of duty 3 pic i could find from gamespot.

Well considering that zelda tp looks far better then anything on the psp makes your whole thread suck a lot.

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
GTA compared to Zelda... erm, alright. Wii > PSP in graphics, no doubt.
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tifaz
[QUOTE="haols"]This isn't serious is it? I mean, this is just such a stupid topic. The N64>the PSP I am very sure Wii>N64

Lol well.....semi serious......I know the wii can produce better graphics than psp. But these screenshots prove otherwise....kinda strange. If the psp can be compared graphically with the wii how can the wii be put side by side with an xbox.
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tifaz
[QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="haols"]This isn't serious is it? I mean, this is just such a stupid topic. The N64>the PSP I am very sure Wii>N64

Lol well.....semi serious......I know the wii can produce better graphics than psp. But these screenshots prove otherwise....kinda strange. If the psp can be compared graphically with the wii how can the wii be put side by side with an xbox.

O....and the psp can produce way better graphics than an N64.
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tifaz

[QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="hazbazz"]Posting terribl;e pics of one console and comparing them with amazing pics of another, never seen that done before..smashed_pinata

Well considering that zelda tp looks far better then anything on the psp makes your whole thread suck a lot.

Does it actually look much better though? I mean were talking about a handheld system here the difference should be much MUCH bigger. That zelda pic is nice but do ya rekon oblivion on the psp won't be able to look like that? IN fact id expect it to look as good as that zelda pic.
Jrob2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jrob2k8
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
:| x 1000karicha9
:lol: x 1000
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
I agree,when a console can be compared to a handheld in term of graphics,you know a bad decision was made somewhere along the line. Whilst the Wii may have better graphics than the PsP somewhere down the line,right now,it's not only sad that it can be compared to a handheld,but it's shocking as well. Another good point is,when it comes to multimedia features,the PsP succeeds whilst the Wii struggles.....................
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I would like to see GT4 pull off those kind of graphics, don't count on it.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Posting terribl;e pics of one console and comparing them with amazing pics of another, never seen that done before..hazbazz
it shouldn't matter, it's a next gen console versus a handheld.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
[QUOTE="haols"]This isn't serious is it? I mean, this is just such a stupid topic. The N64>the PSP I am very sure Wii>N64

The PsP can produce near Ps2 graphics,so PsP is infact>>>N64.....................
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tifaz
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]I agree,when a console can be compared to a handheld in term of graphics,you know a bad decision was made somewhere along the line. Whilst the Wii may have better graphics than the PsP somewhere down the line,right now,it's not only sad that it can be compared to a handheld,but it's shocking as well. Another good point is,when it comes to multimedia features,the PsP succeeds whilst the Wii struggles.....................

damn right....its pathetic really. Its the first console with a step backward in gaming. Can't believe poeple are falling for it. Reminds me of that 'virtual boy' thing nintendo released ages ago!
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
cherry picking and fake pics :roll:
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tifaz
cherry picking and fake pics :roll:Ontain
Pretty sure I chose the best zelda pic I could find. Fake pics....how would I fake a psp screenshot?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Ontain"]cherry picking and fake pics :roll:tifaz
Pretty sure I chose the best zelda pic I could find. Fake pics....how would I fake a psp screenshot?

Funny, he never said which were cherry picked and which were fake... I guess you sort of answered which was which yourself.
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tifaz
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="Ontain"]cherry picking and fake pics :roll:tifaz

Funny, he never said which were cherry picked and which were fake... I guess you sort of answered which was which yourself.

Lol well why would the guy say i was showing cherry picked wii shots....that would be supporting my argument u dumbass and what everyone else has said in this post...

And also....even if i did cherry pick (which I didn't) its still a PSP screen shot. A handheld device based on a console released almost 10 years ago....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I was referring to you saying: "I chose the best Zelda pic I could find" when he didn't mention any titles.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I once found PS3 Screenshots that looked worse than PS1 screenshots, just to prove a point :lol:. Making biased screenshot comparisons isn't that hard.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="Ontain"]cherry picking and fake pics :roll:tifaz

Where did you get them from?