Wii U's X Aims To Destroy Xbox One, PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Wii U's X Aims To Destroy Xbox One, PS4 (47 votes)

Yes, Wii U destroys Xbox One, PS4 30%
No, Nintendo failed. Wii U failed. 70%

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-X-Aims-Destroy-Xbox-One-PS4-62271.html

A new trailer for Monolith Soft's X has been unleashed and it features giant mechs, giant monsters, cool special attacks, amazing graphics and all the power of the Wii U jam packed into a true next-gen title.

During the Nintendo Direct earlier today, Nintendo made several big announcements for upcoming games due out for the Nintendo 3DS, as well as unleashing a barrage of undeniably sweet new trailers for the Wii U.

One of those sweet new trailers happened to be that mystery game from Monolith Soft, the makers of historically famed titles Xenoblade and Xenogears (amongst others). The video footage above shows a game that appears to be coming along quite nicely and it's exclusive for the Wii U.

So what makes the game destroy the competition? Well, for one thing it's not another modern (or futuristic) military shooter. That cuts out half the catalog for anticipated games across both the Xbox One and PS4.

• 
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Stop making threads jak.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

"So what makes the game destroy the competition? Well, for one thing it's not another modern (or futuristic) military shooter."

The ignorance is astounding.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Destroy in terms of quality?

I don't know. Maybe it will be better than a large amount of current/future PS4/Xbone titles (and Wii U titles for that matter), though with any game, I am hesitant to believe that this game could be the greatest of the generation, especially when we are still pretty early on in the gen.

Still do not really have enough info on the game to really have any sort of confidence or issues with it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well I appreciate the optimism and shedding some good light on Nintendo for once. It doesn't seem to happen very much lately, which is a shame. Because they do have a decent set of games coming out.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

one game....its just one game.

edit: it isnt going to sell 10mil

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Another terrible topic.

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

In terms of what exactly? Pushing the Wii u past the ps4 or even X1? Lol. Graphics? L. M. F. A. O

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9552 Posts

Not really interested in this game for the WiiU. Nintendo has made themselves not super relevant outside of mascot characters once again. I am ok with that, but... I don't see this being huge for them. At least not as big as some people are expecting... I might check it out. probably not though...

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Lawl.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Isn't this just a JRPG?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

X maybe the Best Game coming out for the WiiU, but sadly it will not sell in droves.

I mean just look at Xenoblade numbers. Those are not Console Selling numbers.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

You're the worst.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

one game....its just one game.

edit: it isnt going to sell 10mil

Hey defeatist Mr. Iwata says - "It only takes one game to change everything!" ...that was before launch of Cat Mario on Wii U. Please Understand we don't have *The One* yet. :P

@LegatoSkyheart said:

X maybe the Best Game coming out for the WiiU, but sadly it will not sell in droves.

I mean just look at Xenoblade numbers. Those are not Console Selling numbers.

Just hope that NoA - Reggie the idiot...won't be daft with it like they did with Xenoblade Chronicles. :P

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

To the OP. Xenogears is not a Monolith Soft game;Xenosaga was. They shared the same creator but were developed by different companies although Xenosaga is seen as a spiritual successor to Xenogears.

That aside I am really looking forward to this game. I picked up Xenoblade really late in the game but loved it. I still think its crazy what it sells for used though. I picked mine up at a yard sale for ten bucks and couldn't be happier with it. Would have easily been happy paying full price but I missed out on pre-order and the game instantly was rare.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Well I just watched my first Nintendo Direct, well not the whole way but most of it. Some decent stuff that I might keep my eye on. That X game doesn't particularly amaze me but if you can go into a giant mech seemlessly then thats pretty cool. One reason why i never considered a wii was its controller...such a pain. Do gamecube controllers work for wii U?

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

lol monster hunter with mechs they woud have to sell X to very Wii U owner and the install base is what 4.5 million mario 3d world sold what 1.2 million

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

I wouldn't imagine GC controllers would work. Why would you want that anyway when theres the Wii U pro conroller.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

It'll be a niche cult classic, just like Xenoblade, nothing more than that. Even the most hardcore Nintendo fans are admitting Wii U's best outcome is to simply limp along for four years and at least please the core Nintendo fans.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Wii u is dead sheep just refuse to acknowledge it just like sega fans did with the dreamcast. Spending 300 on a dead platform is a waste of money. If you want nintendo games get a 3ds.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Wii u is dead sheep just refuse to acknowledge it just like sega fans did with the dreamcast. Spending 300 on a dead platform is a waste of money. If you want nintendo games get a 3ds.

:P Please don't compare the epicness that was Dreamcast to the epic flop that is WiiU. I was one of those Dreamcast fanboys back in the day and even when it was dying I held on due to its legendary games. WiiU doesn't have any games worth holding on to right now. Maybe in a few years but it will never come close to being as awesome as the Dreamcast.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trugs26

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I wonder what people referred to when everyone was saying the same thing about the 3DS.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I wonder what people referred to when everyone was saying the same thing about the 3DS.

Vita provided no real competition for 3DS Also 3Ds sales are still WAY down from the DS. PlayStation has already established itself as the dominant home console worldwide even after releasing a year later.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

LOL!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@I_can_haz said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

:P Please don't compare the epicness that was Dreamcast to the epic flop that is WiiU. I was one of those Dreamcast fanboys back in the day and even when it was dying I held on due to its legendary games. WiiU doesn't have any games worth holding on to right now. Maybe in a few years but it will never come close to being as awesome as the Dreamcast.

Yes the dreamcast was ahead of it's time and had some great games but that did not change the fact that many refused to accept the reality of it being a dead platform. The wii u has sheep in denial the sales are horrible and the little 3rd party support it had is gone. The online is also the worst in the industry and Nintendo is already talking about making mobile games.

This is already after a price drop less than 1year after it came out. It's obvious to everybody that the year lead was a waste. What has to happen for sheep to abandon the wii u ??

I have been a "sheep" from the nes to the wii and Nintendo has basically stayed the same. They release consoles with no or minimal features for full price with strange controllers and crappy storage. Pretty obvious that the ps4/x1 will pass the wii u in sales if they have not already.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

PS4 has apparently blew by its yearly head start in sales so this is doubtful, on the highest degree. The WiiU is a prime time failure and should go down in history to guide those making a gaming console.

Ironically however, with Nintendo's lame exclusivity I'll probably buy it for Bayonetta 2, play it, then think about selling it.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 no-scope-AK47

@misterpmedia said:

PS4 has apparently blew by its yearly head start in sales so this is doubtful, on the highest degree. The WiiU is a prime time failure and should go down in history to guide those making a gaming console.

Ironically however, with Nintendo's lame exclusivity I'll probably buy it for Bayonetta 2, play it, then think about selling it.

I might buy one when the fire sale starts in 2015 by then it should be used for 100 bucks.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By trugs26

@StrongBlackVine said:

@trugs26 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Vita provided no real competition for 3DS Also 3Ds sales are still WAY down from the DS. PlayStation has already established itself as the dominant home console worldwide even after releasing a year later.

Sounds like a lot of excuses for BS. My point is that people back then had a mindset. They were certain of the failure for the 3DS.

Now, people have a similar mindset. They're certain that the Wii U is dead.

Then what happened? They turned it around? Oh and the same thing can't happen ever again for some reason? Because you're explaining it away in retrospect? Who knows, I might be saying this exact same thing in 4 years time, and someone else will be saying "Oh well Wii U didn't really do x, y and z, so that's why it was fine."

Bottom line is that it's not dead yet. Don't say it is so until it is actually dead (ie stopped production).

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

Considering the last game play video of X looked like ass, call me skeptical.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@TrappedInABox91 said:

I wouldn't imagine GC controllers would work. Why would you want that anyway when theres the Wii U pro conroller.

Cause I have no idea what a Wii U pro controller is. I'm looking at pictures but now I'm even more confused cause some look just like PS3 or X360 contollers with the Wii U name on it.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Anybody who played Xenoblade knows that X should be an incredibly well made game. Graphically, it definitely makes the Wii U look like a solid console, though not on Xbox One and Ps4 quality -- and seriously Sony fanboys, shut the hell up, I know very well the Xbox One is outclassed by the ps4 -- But it's not the kind of game that's going to save the console, nor drive its sales passed the other two. What the Wii U has actually been succeeding at is creating a pretty diverse library that should only improve throughout the year. There's no one savior for the console, but over time diversifying the library should get it out of the red. X should help that, but it won't do it alone.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

This game is gonna be great :D

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

it will be a fantastic game, but i don't think it will destroy the PS4. maybe the X1 since it's already dying slowly..

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

These forums have the worst poll makers. Two polar opposite choices, and neither of them are worth a vote.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Sure X looks kinda interesting...considered it is a WiiU game but LOL... even Xboner destroys WiiU it is not even funny anymore.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

This guy should be limited to how many threads he makes and no X will not save Wii U right now Wii U needs Zelda and SSB

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

A must-buy for my WiiU. Xenoblade was excellent.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Looks like a great game. It doesn't pose a threat to the other consoles though.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

Nah man I hope they can polish it more cause it looks weak as hell. Final Fantasy XV on both consoles already looks 10x better that. hell x360 and ps3 games looks better than that and the wii u is suppose to be stronger. look I loved xenoblade on the wii. that whole "limited release" was a bunch of crap due to in nyc every mom and pop game store had the game day 1. if this game is so called coming out this year it will be a real shame since the wiiu owners don't even buy their own games. if its not Mario its gonna be another game swept under the rug

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Sorry dude but that screenshot doesn't really depict a graphics killing blow that would make any PS4 or Xbox One game quake in their boots.....but it does look a bit different.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

A game could score a 10/10 and it wont save the WiiU from being dead last.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No. It's on the wrong platform for it's potential market and it isn't enough to convince people to buy a $300 console.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#43 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Another thread regarding how awesome the Wii U is when it isn't even close to the PS4.