Wii is best console this gen

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neohergeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 neohergeo
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

Nintendo deserves a round of aplause, because I actually doubted them back in 2006. but it seems motion control wasn't a gimmick after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
??? Convincing arguement you got there.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It's my favorite but I disagree.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I disagree but you having a differing opinion is cool.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

It's my favorite but I disagree.OreoMilkshake

This.

Its missing out on the bread and butter of this gen, multiplats.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

I disagree.

I think it's 360. Mainly because of the controller.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

nintendo did a great job . Would be nice for some better hardware . But they put together a great machine . Its small and sexy and uses little power does not break much . Only reason it gets bad 3 party games is due to devs wanting to make games for as many systems as they can.

Respawn-d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Respawn-d
Member since 2010 • 2936 Posts
no. nin this gen only has a few gems
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Not for me personally, but thanks for sharing that insightful opinion.
Fabolous206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fabolous206
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

PS3 is beasting with games

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

No for the most part the motion controls on the wii without the Wii Motion Plus arent accurate enough to be anything else other than a gimmick. But the wii is still a good console despite this.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

It is the best system for the widest range of people

You could say the 360 or the PS3 is better for the 15 to 35 male gamer

but what does the 360 have for kids

what does the PS3 have for grannies

what does the HD gen offer for soccermoms

nothing

thats the truth as long as you live the small demographic of 15 to 35 male gamer there is nothing left aside of some games like lego starwars or viva pinata

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I desagree but Nintendo is probably the best dev

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

No for the most part the motion controls on the wii without the Wii Motion Plus arent accurate enough to be anything else other than a gimmick. But the wii is still a good console despite this.

VendettaRed07

Maybe true with 3rd parties, but the Big N always makes their motion controls top notch. With or without motion +.

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
It's rather difficult for me to agree or disagree, seeing as you haven't made any sort of argument.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

nothing

thats the truth as long as you live the small demographic of 15 to 35 male gamer there is nothing left aside of some games like lego starwars or viva pinata

farnham

Yeah I agree with this for the people who actually game on a regular basis which just so happens to be the 15 to 35 male gamer the PS3 and 360 are the better consoles really without argument. If you expand the demographic to include teenage girls, grandmothers, soccer moms, 50 year old anti-video game dads, and young children (those who game once a week) the the Wii suits them all much better than the PS3 or the 360.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I have to disagree :P.

Grand242154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Grand242154
Member since 2010 • 412 Posts
Ps3 has probably the best technology, but I love the Wii.
Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

i respectfully disagree. i've had a wii since launch and i haven't found a reason to play it in almost 2 years. pretty sad but there are just too many good games on ps3 that i have yet to play

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"]

nothing

TacticalDesire

Yeah I agree with this for the people who actually game on a regular basis which just so happens to be the 15 to 35 male gamer the PS3 and 360 are the better consoles really without argument. If you expand the demographic to include teenage girls, grandmothers, soccer moms, 50 year old anti-video game dads, and young children (those who game once a week) the the Wii suits them all much better than the PS3 or the 360.

oh yeah and for the nintendo fan ofcourse the wii is better
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 farnham

i respectfully disagree. i've had a wii since launch and i haven't found a reason to play it in almost 2 years. pretty sad but there are just too many good games on ps3 that i have yet to play

Laxer04
srsly. if you had bought a wii and launch and never played it. why keep it. just sell it to someone else
The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#22 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

Wii has some sweet exclusives, and I must say that with the recent release of "Super Mario Galaxy 2", along with a nice selection other outstanding 1st and 2nd party titles, Wii is a winner. We still have a new Metroid and Zelda on the way as well. As far as it being the best...hmm..definitely the best franchises, and a few of the greatest exclusives this generation...but I don't quite know about it being the best. It's arguably the most fun and family friendly. It may be my personal favorite console of this generation as of now, but I may actually be more inclined to sway many gamers towards the Xbox 360 first, then the Wii. As far as PS3 goes...I just do not care for it aside from the "Uncharted" and "Little Big Planet" series, which look awesome to me. I am still disappointed with the third party support for the Wii.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="farnham"]

nothing

TacticalDesire

even if generalization never really works.

you stillforgot the nintendo fans from 15-35 who would like the wii better then the ps360, this includes me

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I think it's all but been confirmed that it is in fact a gimmick.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lbjkurono23

hakanakumono
The gimmick with(probably ) the highest scoring game of all time :)
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i agree.. the Wii ownz!

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Half-Way

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

lbjkurono23

well all top 3 are playable on the wii ;)

SMG,SMG2 and ZeldaOoT

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Half-Way

SMG,SMG2 and ZeldaOoT

I forgot :o... it's such a gimmick :D :P

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#29 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

It's my favourite, but no console is the best. My main problem with the Wii is how a lot of multiplats suck. The console survives near exclusively on exclusives it seems.

But yeah, I still play it regularly after having it for nearly 2 and a half years, and motion controls have become really natural to me.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Some of the Best Games this gen are Multiplats.

When a Game that is Multiplat comes to the Wii it's an entirely new game and not the same.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

It certainly does the best in terms of sales. But it isn't anywhere close to being my favorite system.

Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

#32 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts
Umm, I hardly consider the wii to be apart of this gen. Its nothing more than a gamecube with motion controls. Mind you that doesn't mean it doesn't have some of the best games of the last few years.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Umm, I hardly consider the wii to be apart of this gen. Its nothing more than a gamecube with motion controls. Mind you that doesn't mean it doesn't have some of the best games of the last few years.Lable1985
That is basically a contradiction of your previous "not part of this gen."

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Lable1985"]Umm, I hardly consider the wii to be apart of this gen. Its nothing more than a gamecube with motion controls. Mind you that doesn't mean it doesn't have some of the best games of the last few years.J-man45

well hes right, the games cant be from this gen, they are way to good, so they have to be next gen

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

I disagree.

I think it's 360. Mainly because of the controller.

Nohtnym
360 is the WORST console this gen. I used to have one until it broke. Damn piece of crap.
Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

#36 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts

[QUOTE="Lable1985"]Umm, I hardly consider the wii to be apart of this gen. Its nothing more than a gamecube with motion controls. Mind you that doesn't mean it doesn't have some of the best games of the last few years.J-man45

Idk, Would we still consider the ps2 this gen because its still selling new games via persona 4? I mean thats one of the best games of the last few years isn't it, and we call the system it's on a last gen console. The wii its self although being fairly new is still use last generation processors. I prolly should have explained that better is my last comment, so I wouldn't contradict myself.
jin3438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jin3438
Member since 2006 • 340 Posts

Its the best system for the casual market, but not even close to being number one for ''hardcore'' gamers who buy/play a new game every month or 2. The third party support is garbage despite some devs and publishers best attempts (Sega/EA/Conduit devs forget their name atm). Nintendo makes ACE first party titles which are fun it seems for every type of gamer, but they're missing games like Bioshock, MGS, Fallout, Mass Effect...this needs to change. But honestly before the Wii came out Nintendo repeatedly said that they're not competing with Sony and Microsoft and everyone rolled their eyes, it was true though, they went after a huge casual market that the rest of industry didnt know existed.The Wiiis for the casual/family and then have their trademark titles for longtime Nintendo fans (Zelda, Mario, Metroid).

With all the money they've made I dont see why they cant open up a few new dev studios to make more mature (story/atmosphere) titles for the hardcore audience. That with a new powerfu lconsole, a decent online system, and keeping the causal titles would really push them to number 1

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Deepblue
Umm, I hardly consider the wii to be apart of this gen. Its nothing more than a gamecube with motion controls. Mind you that doesn't mean it doesn't have some of the best games of the last few years.Lable1985
It is part of this gen...that's a fact. It's competitor to the PS3 and Xbox 360. And it has motion controls, which means it isn't a Gamecube. What if I said, "Oh, Xbox 360 is hardly a part of this generation. It's just Xbox with better graphics." Wii has done something to differentiate itself from other consoles.
The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Deepblue

Its the best system for the casual market, but not even close to being number one for ''hardcore'' gamers who buy/play a new game every month or 2. The third party support is garbage despite some devs and publishers best attempts (Sega/EA/Conduit devs forget their name atm). Nintendo makes ACE first party titles which are fun it seems for every type of gamer, but they're missing games like Bioshock, MGS, Fallout, Mass Effect...this needs to change. But honestly before the Wii came out Nintendo repeatedly said that they're not competing with Sony and Microsoft and everyone rolled their eyes, it was true though, they went after a huge casual market that the rest of industry didnt know existed.The Wiiis for the casual/family and then have their trademark titles for longtime Nintendo fans (Zelda, Mario, Metroid).

With all the money they've made I dont see why they cant open up a few new dev studios to make more mature (story/atmosphere) titles for the hardcore audience. That with a new powerfu lconsole, a decent online system, and keeping the causal titles would really push them to number 1

jin3438
I would agree with most of this. Good third party titles and good mature titles are definitely possible on the Wii. There just isn't enough support by third party developers, unfortunately. And when many third party developers do try to bring something to Wii, they seem to half-butt it.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Naw, but I like it.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

jin3438

they sold more consoles then there competition combined idk how much push you need to be number one then that.

and the hardcore market is overrated there babies and just change sides as they please i wouldnt cater to that market either nintendo is just fine the way they are IMO

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] The gimmick with(probably ) the highest scoring game of all time :)lbjkurono23

SMG,SMG2 and ZeldaOoT

I forgot :o... it's such a gimmick :D :P

if the wii;s a gimmick the 360 and ps3 are gimmicks too:o

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
A console that has no 3rd party is better becouse it has waggle that even its best games aren't even using (MH3, SMG, SMG2)? Okay.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
The best at what? I cant think of anything. To each his own.
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I LOVE my Wii, but i disagree. (Onlybecuase of the indie game section of the 360. I never new 1$ could buy so much joy!!!)

jin3438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jin3438
Member since 2006 • 340 Posts

[QUOTE="jin3438"]

Mario1331

they sold more consoles then there competition combined idk how much push you need to be number one then that.

and the hardcore market is overrated there babies and just change sides as they please i wouldnt cater to that market either nintendo is just fine the way they are IMO

Just because Britney Spears sells millions of records that dosent make her the best, same type of thing here. The most popular thing isnt automaticaly the best in quality

Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

not for me its not. other than the staple nintendo franchises nothing on the system interests me.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

Wow :o Wii fanboy threads are so civil lol :)

If the op was regarding any other format, sides would be spitting venom.

People in here are a bit like the posh english gentleman: "Well I respectfully dissagree good sir, but your opinion is just that and I wouldn't presume to change it, good day sir".

TC: "Good day to you"

Poster: "No good day to you"

TC: "No, no... Good day to you, sir"

Poster: "Noooo, I think you'll find it's good day to you"

:P

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

A console that has no 3rd party is better becouse it has waggle that even its best games aren't even using (MH3, SMG, SMG2)? Okay.silversix_

I thought SMG was one of the few games to actually make good use of the Wii controller, and with quite a lot of variation. But it's been a while since I played it.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
It's a good console, but the best? Nope.