Wii ignored yet again

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

I'm getting sick of this. It seems like they pass us up for every multi-plaform game. For example, Fallout 3 won't be coming out on the Wii. I got this console because I've always supported Nintendo, but I want to be able to play some of these games. I love the games we have, but our best titles so far have been Mario type games and party games. Seems like Nintendo keeps releasing increasingly casual games (Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, Wii Music, etc) as well, with a disregard for actually releasing any serious titles.

Why not have Fallout 3, Saints Row, Farcry 2 or any of the other multi-platform games on the Wii?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

These type of games did not come to the GC either. I don't know why someone would have expected anything to change that much.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Sorry TC,i cant find the wii in my "gaming Dictionary" :(
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
Wii Ignored yet Again.

Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, Wii Music, etc

Why not have Fallout 3, Saints Row, Farcry 2 or any of the other multi-platform games on the Wii?

LittleHands134

Wii Ignore? Sounds like a fun new game!

Honestly, Why isn't games like Fallout, DMC4, GTA4, As.sa.ssins Creed, and many others coming to Wii?

Blame Nintendo. They designed the hardware.

They chose the chips, the s.tyle, the interface, the price, everthing.

Dev's just have issues with it, as it's not really much more capable than Last Generation. That's not to say that great games aren't coming and have come out due to the sweet new interface, but it won't suit every pub/dev.

I say, do some research before buying your next console, so you won't be so surprised 2 years after it's released.

Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spybot_9
Member since 2008 • 2592 Posts
Oh I ignored the fact that wii is being ignored.:lol:
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy

These type of games did not come to the GC either. I don't know why someone would have expected anything to change that much.

HarlockJC

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

This isn't a complete surprise if people have been gaming on Nintendo for awhile.

You take the good with the bad.

Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Spybot_9
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

SolidTy

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

This isn't a complete surprise if people have been gaming on Nintendo for awhile.

But I heard sheep saying that it will change due to wii sales.Now what happened??

And this gen the trend towards multi-platform is alot more than last gen.I am sure the wii would have many multiplats if not for the way the console is "regardless" of it's sales.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts
if you wanted third party games you would've been much better off getting a 360 or ps3 :?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Spybot_9

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

But I heard sheep saying that it will change due to wii sales.Now what happened??

Well, they are still got Wii Music, Wii Resort, Wii Ski, and Wii Hula to play before Wii Sales is out.

I haven't even reserved Wii Sales, I think because it's not due until Xmas next year. When it comes out, then Wii Sales may change all that, but until then we have to wait and see.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

Probably because they think it wouldn't sell good on the Wii, when compared graphically to the other versions. People would just look at the Wii version thinking "this looks bad".

I, personally, don't want multi-platform games for the Wii. I want games for the Wii that comes to the Wii only, and have been made with the Wii's hardware in mind. You get less dissapointed that way.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Spybot_9

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

And this gen the thrend towards multi-platform is alot more than last gen.I am sure the wii would have many multiplats if not for the way the console is "regardless" of it's sales.

I think that overall, Nintendo dropped the ball on this one. Wii sports was fun for awhile, but over the long run, Nintendo just isn't giving back as much to its 'hardcore' audience.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidTy

if you wanted third party games you would've been much better off getting a 360 or ps3 :?Jackboot343

That's essentially what I said in the fourth post, last sentence. He's about 2 years too late to notice now.

Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spybot_9
[QUOTE="Spybot_9"][QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

SolidTy

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

Well, they are still got Wii Music, Wii Resort, Wii Ski, and Wii Hula to play before Wii Sales is out.

I haven't even reserved Wii Sales, I think because it's not due until Xmas next year. When it comes out, then Wii Sales may change all that, but until then we have to wait and see.

Lol you werent serious in misinterpreting wii sales were you?:?
LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LittleHands134

Probably because they think it wouldn't sell good on the Wii, when compared graphically to the other versions. People would just look at the Wii version thinking "this looks bad".

I, personally, don't want multi-platform games for the Wii. I want games for the Wii that comes to the Wii only, and have been made with the Wii's hardware in mind. You get less dissapointed that way.

Litchie

I guess I see what you're saying, but I don't understand why they couldn't have released Fallout 3 with lower graphics and just used the Wii classic controller for it. That's what I use whenever I can, just because the remote gets kind of annoying if you're not with friends and just trying to play a game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="Spybot_9"][QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Spybot_9

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

Lol you werent serious in misinterpreting wii sales were you?:?

I know there is no release date, but I heard about it a lot here in SW, so it's gotta be coming soon. Also, there is a new Wii game where you mop, sweep, dust, it's called Wii Clean.

Spybot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spybot_9

I know there is no release date, but I heard about it a lot here in SW, so it's gotta be coming soon. Also, there is a new Wii game where you mop, sweep, dust, it's called Wii Clean.

SolidTy
I was refering to the sales of the wii.:|
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
If the Wii was released with graphics AND the wiimote they would be owning this gen game wise. Instead they have all of the sales of the PS2 with none of the games the PS2 got. Kind of ironic. Almost like a slap in the face to long time Nintendo fans who have been waiting for Nintendo to be back on top. Well here they are...with nothing to show for it...that must be really frustrating. But then again fans just want to see Wii selling # 1 and keep playing their zelda, mario, metroid titles over and over again. Also they claim they don't want to play these other games...which must be a lie. Who doesn't want more titles on their console?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

unfortunately it would take too much time and too many resources to get those games up and running on wii in some form or another. porting is simply not an option...the games would need a complete rebuild.

weve seen it with dead rising....basically its not the same game as the 360 version. same setting but the gameplay is significantly different from what im hearing.

however if i was bethesda, i would seriously be looking into make a elder scrolls for the wii and lower end PCs and laptops like the EEPC in mind. the wii wouldnt have too much difficulty with the morrowind version of the gamebyro engine (hell a version of gamebyro has been made for the wii). with a graphics limit (and thus a financial limit) thats much lower on the wii, perhaps they could spend more time developing the crazy stuff, like precedurally generated landscapes ala daggerfall (which was so big, it was crazy) and spend a bit more time on the writing and making cambat a bit more interesting and paying more attention to the little things.

but yeah...the big developers tend to ignore the wii for various reasons. epic will never look at it..the wii disgusts them. crytek have a dev kit but i think there just playing around with it for a laugh...they wont release anything. ID barely acknowledge its existence and valve, though fans of the system, arent interested in doing anything on it.

the best 3rd party support for wii will be coming from smaller devs and publishers who dont have a fortune to spend on development but have an idea. not a bad thing at all (games like lostwinds make the world a little better imho :D) but if u want high budget, high octane blockbuster games, get another system. newer teams in big publishers like EA will also be focused on wii.

thats why it makes a great complimentary system imho.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HarlockJC

I think that overall, Nintendo dropped the ball on this one. Wii sports was fun for awhile, but over the long run, Nintendo just isn't giving back as much to its 'hardcore' audience.

Legendaryscmt

Let see for the hardcore Nintendo fan.

Is there a Metroid? check

Is there a Mario platfromer? check

Is there a Paper Mario? check

Is there a SSB? check

Is there a Mario Kart? check

Is there a Zelda? no

Is there a Starfox? no

Is there a Kirby? no

That's good for the first two years a true so called "hardcore" Nintendo fan should be happy. Then knowing Punch out, Zelda and Pikmin are all on there way.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I know there is no release date for Wii Sales, but I heard about it a lot here in SW, so it's gotta be coming soon. Also, there is a new Wii game where you mop, sweep, dust, it's called Wii Clean.

Spybot_9

Oh, then we need to talk Wii Play, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit.

Those sold great.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I know there is no release date for Wii Sales, but I heard about it a lot here in SW, so it's gotta be coming soon. Also, there is a new Wii game where you mop, sweep, dust, it's called Wii Clean.

Spybot_9

Oh, then we need to talk Wii Play, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit.

Those sold great.

V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts
Because apparently playing "niche" games makes up for the fact you're missing out on pretty much all of the big blockbuster titles.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout. As a long time Nintendo fan I have to say I'm disapointed in the wii's game selection. What scares me more is Sony and M$ are gonna try to tap into that casual market. Then Wii as gamers are gonna be left with a bunch of casual garbage to choose from.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout.jdc6305

Lamest comment of the day. I'm not even thinking about getting WiiMusic and I love my Wii.

Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Because apparently playing "niche" games makes up for the fact you're missing out on pretty much all of the big blockbuster titles.V_Isle

...This would be true if it were impossible to own anything other than a wii... but it's not. Anyone interested in the niche games should get a Wii, and if you want the "big blockbuster titles" get either a PS3, 360 or build a gaming PC...

and single-system supporters always miss out, regardless... it's just the extent that matters...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HarlockJC

You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout. As a long time Nintendo fan I have to say I'm disapointed in the wii's game selection. What scares me more is Sony and M$ are gonna try to tap into that casual market. Then Wii as gamers are gonna be left with a bunch of casual garbage to choose from. jdc6305

Has the long time Nintendo fan you are, when you compare the Wii to the GC expect Zelda what else did you expect? Nintendo so far gotten you Metroid, Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Mario party,Battalion wars 2 and even Mario Sports games in two years. With Punch out coming ealry next year.

d3thm0nkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 d3thm0nkey
Member since 2006 • 615 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

SolidTy

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

To think all this time I thought that mean quite freaking true....:)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I'm getting sick of this. It seems like they pass us up for every multi-plaform game. For example, Fallout 3 won't be coming out on the Wii. I got this console because I've always supported Nintendo, but I want to be able to play some of these games. I love the games we have, but our best titles so far have been Mario type games and party games. Seems like Nintendo keeps releasing increasingly casual games (Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, Wii Music, etc) as well, with a disregard for actually releasing any serious titles.

LittleHands134

Thats because the wii has way too little hardware specs to run the games. Fallout 3 for example, in order to run on the wii, you have to cut polygon count, cut texture resolution, cut draw distance, cut 5.1 surround sound, cut physics, and limit the amount of enemies and special effects on the screen at once.

So basically, it can't be the same game. If you want to play new games, get a ps3 or 360, if you want to play 'innovative' games, stick with your wii.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidTy

d3thm0nkey

QFT.

Quoted For Truth.

To think all this time I thought that mean quite freaking true....:)

It's Quite Freakin' True, what I said. lol.

Have a good one. :)

And if you want to see some strategy, I diffused Spybot earlier in this thread...which isn't easy if you know Spybot.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Fallout 3 wouldn't even fit on the WII disk + Nintendo wouldn't allow such a game (It has drugs and scary monsters ect ect)
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidTy

Fallout 3 wouldn't even fit on the WII disk + Nintendo wouldn't allow such a game (It has drugs and scary monsters ect ect)Englandfc1966

IT could be done, the Nunchuck could be a pipe, and the WiiWand could be used for slashing monsters. Pop in a 1gig memory stick, and instant Hardrive.

On second thought, I will just pick up the next Mario and Zelda instead, not to mention other quirky titles.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

FALLOUT 3 would be a dissaointing downgrade on the wii

so be glad there not making it for it becauseI can promise you your going to get a gimped version of the game in every way.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

HarlockJC

Is there a SSB? check

Is there a Zelda? no

Is there a Starfox? no

Is there a Kirby? no

That's good for the first two years a true so called "hardcore" Nintendo fan should be happy. Then knowing Punch out, Zelda and Pikmin are all on there way.

wow thats 3/year.

Ps3 and 360 is killing the Wii in the games department.

The Wii is such a letdown.

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#34 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
Fallout 3 wouldn't even fit on the WII disk + Nintendo wouldn't allow such a game (It has drugs and scary monsters ect ect)Englandfc1966
you have no idea what your talking about, you are so wrong its funny:lol:
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jdc6305

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout. As a long time Nintendo fan I have to say I'm disapointed in the wii's game selection. What scares me more is Sony and M$ are gonna try to tap into that casual market. Then Wii as gamers are gonna be left with a bunch of casual garbage to choose from. HarlockJC

Has the long time Nintendo fan you are, when you compare the Wii to the GC expect Zelda what else did you expect? Nintendo so far gotten you Metroid, Mario, SSB, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Mario party,Battalion wars 2 and even Mario Sports games in two years. With Punch out coming ealry next year.

I've been a nintendo fan for over 21 years
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

-Reggaeton-

Is there a SSB? check

Is there a Zelda? no

Is there a Starfox? no

Is there a Kirby? no

wow thats 3/year.

The launch date for the Wii was November 19, 2006. Not quite 2 years.

Your right the PS3 and 360 are killing the Wii in terms of number of third party AA+ games.

If a person bought the Wii for Nintendo 1st and 2nd party games. The only true let downs is that Starfox, Zelda and Kirby are not out yet.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LittleHands134

[QUOTE="Englandfc1966"]Fallout 3 wouldn't even fit on the WII disk + Nintendo wouldn't allow such a game (It has drugs and scary monsters ect ect)sherlock99
you have no idea what your talking about, you are so wrong its funny:lol:

Care to explain why he's wrong? I have yet to see a title on Wii that is that bad. I guess you have No More Heroes, which has a lot of blood, but it's a cheap, horrible game.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout. As a long time Nintendo fan I have to say I'm disapointed in the wii's game selection. What scares me more is Sony and M$ are gonna try to tap into that casual market. Then Wii as gamers are gonna be left with a bunch of casual garbage to choose from. jdc6305

Then what are you upset about?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
If you honestly thought Wii would get games like Fallout 3, Saints Row, Far Cry 2, etc. its your own fault for not knowing and not researching before you bought the console.
sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#40 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

-Reggaeton-

Is there a SSB? check

Is there a Zelda? no

Is there a Starfox? no

Is there a Kirby? no

wow thats 3/year.

people like you fail to understand that Nintendo is just one company supporting their console on there own in under 2 years Nintendo has released many quality titles for the wii i will never understand why people blame nintendo instead of the third party developers
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
The Wii just simply, cant handle the games.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jdc6305
[QUOTE="jdc6305"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]You bought the wrong console the wii is for people who like wii music not fallout. As a long time Nintendo fan I have to say I'm disapointed in the wii's game selection. What scares me more is Sony and M$ are gonna try to tap into that casual market. Then Wii as gamers are gonna be left with a bunch of casual garbage to choose from. HarlockJC

Then what are you upset about?

I'm upset that Nintendo can't release more first party games in a timely manner. I'm upset that there not investing some of the money thier making off the Wii into gamestudios.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy

I'm upset that Nintendo can't release more first party games in a timely manner. I'm upset that there not investing some of the money thier making off the Wii into gamestudios. jdc6305

They didn't stop that, it's just they divided their resources.

Their games are timely, you just aren't buying half of them.

For every Mario, there's a Wii Play, for Every Metroid, there's a Wii Fit, For every Zelda, there's a Wii Music, for every Mario Kart, there's a Wii Ski.

They hae a new audience to take care off. They aren't stopping great titles, but they are juggling Hardcore and Nongamers.

However, there are some dandy 3rd party games to look into. I feel your pain, but not as bad, as I also have a PS3 and a 360, to supplement my gaming needs.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

LittleHands134

Because the hardware configuration and control schemes are so different?

It's not a matter of a simple and easy port job.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts

HarlockJC

What about RE4 and Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness etc etc
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidTy
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

DireToad

Although you are right, I think he means in general, games like GTA:SA, etc.

I don't think he meant mature games, but rather cross platform games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

DireToad

Actually, those three are the only ones that come to my mind (that would be equal to the first/second party ones).

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

if its on the pc 360 ps3 why do you need it on the wii????

the wii has the best console exclusives and thats why one would get it not because of multi plats

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Wii ONLY benefits Nintendo. It doesn't benefit third party, it doesn't even benefit the gamers. Why are Nintendo advertising last years games on TV? That's right, cause they aren't making any new.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

Wii ONLY benefits Nintendo. It doesn't benefit third party, it doesn't even benefit the gamers. Why are Nintendo advertising last years games on TV? That's right, cause they aren't making any new.

azad_champ

There is so many things wrong in this post i dont even know where to begin :?

Wii ONLY benefits Nintendo. It doesn't benefit third party,azad_champ

Do some research before speaking, companies like Sega and Capcom make alot of money on the Wii

it doesn't even benefit the gamers.azad_champ

lol, what is that suppose to mean?

Why are Nintendo advertising last years games on TVazad_champ
Because nintendo games keep selling years after release, like NSMB.

That's right, cause they aren't making any new. azad_champ

They just said ALL their major studios are making new games.