Wii hits 13.17 million, for those who haven't seen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

Thanks goes to original poster -cnc-

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/071025e.pdf

Six Months Ended September 2007
Net Sales: ¥694.8B ($6.1B)
Net Income: ¥132.4B ($1.2B)

Hardware Totals
GBA 80.48M
NDS 53.64M
GCN 21.66M
WII 13.17M

Software Totals
GBA 372.63M
NDS 259.48M
GCN 207.74M
WII 65.81M

bizsumpark182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bizsumpark182
Member since 2003 • 2751 Posts
And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.bizsumpark182
In your opinion of course.
bobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bobbo
Member since 2002 • 370 Posts

And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.bizsumpark182

And still the attach rate is 5 games per console. Pretty good with so little time under it's belt......

Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
Yay?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
Mine too. But that will change soon :P
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
amazing, the 360 could come out with a AAA game every day and it would not beat the Wii in Japan, it comes down to brand loyalty, which is for suckers. Money should go where its deserved.
Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cristallis
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

It got 3 AAs this week, there should've plenty to play today.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Actually the library seems pretty normal for a system that has been out for less then a year with a couple of great games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Paper Mario and a couple of very good games like Trauma Center, MLB Power Pros, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Warioware, Elebits, Mario Strikers, etc.
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 comstrikeiscool

[QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Zerostatic0
Actually the library seems pretty normal for a system that has been out for less then a year with a couple of great games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Paper Mario and a couple of very good games like Trauma Center, MLB Power Pros, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Warioware, Elebits, Mario Strikers, etc.

Zero's got a point.

Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts

There's really no reason for "The Wii is just a gimmick" excuse now.

I still know people who are still wanting to get one.

I have 8 wii games. I would have more, but I need more money.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cubs360

[QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Zerostatic0

Decent for sure, but does it compare to Kameo, PGR 3, Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, GRAW, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, PDZ, Viva Pinata, Moto GP, Rainbow Six, and Prey?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

you can say this all you want however Zelda TP, RE4, SPM, Z and W, MP3, Warioware, Mario Strikers and others all speak louder than you shall we say less than educated oppinion

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 comstrikeiscool

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Cubs360

Decent for sure, but does it compare to Kameo, PGR 3, Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, GRAW, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, PDZ, Viva Pinata, Moto GP, Rainbow Six, and Prey?

Funnyt thing is I own call of duty 2, oblivion and Gears of War all on my pc...gears of war pre ordered.

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Cubs360

To me the library for the wii is just as good, out of these games listed the ones I liked were. Kameo,Dead Rising,Gears of war, Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six.

Out for the wii right now that I like is. Zelda, Metriod, Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Mario Strikers,RE4 (haven't played Zack & Wiki I heard good things about it might pick it up)

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
[QUOTE="Cubs360"]

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Hockey_Slayer

To me the library for the wii is just as good, out of these games listed the ones I liked were. Kameo,Dead Rising,Gears of war, Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six.

Out for the wii right now that I like is. Zelda, Metriod, Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Mario Strikers,RE4 (haven't played Zack & Wiki I heard good things about it might pick it up)

those wii games are very compareable to the 360 games . zelda>>>>>>>kameo
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts
Just goes to show that casual/family is something to be respected. The only peopz hating on this right now are hardcore and haters, and dont say your niether, cause some of your posts show "haters", and the fact that your typing on GS only shows how hardcore you are(you wouldnt be here if you werent). Anywayz, CONGRATZ to Nintendo for showing why they are one of the TRUE innovaters of gaming :) Godspeed
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

Those 13,17 milion are shipped too retailers.. Not sold too consumers...

Although vgchartz should be pretty close with their 12,8 million..

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts

According to Console wars website its just hit 12 Mill.

WAIT FOR LINK

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts

http://www.nexgenwars.com/

martin_f

NexGenWars sorry and alot of people use that site also there is another that I forgot the name of that says the sameish.
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts

Just goes to show that casual/family is something to be respected. The only peopz hating on this right now are hardcore and haters, and dont say your niether, cause some of your posts show "haters", and the fact that your typing on GS only shows how hardcore you are(you wouldnt be here if you werent). Anywayz, CONGRATZ to Nintendo for showing why they are one of the TRUE innovaters of gaming :) Godspeedjazreal

This is very Off topic but, I've always loved that word "Godspeed"

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cubs360
[QUOTE="Cubs360"]

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="bizsumpark182"]And yet the Wii still doesn't have that many good games and a TON of crap.Hockey_Slayer

Well some of those games I can Play on a 50 dollar GC, and some were actually GC games. On the 360 you are getting games that could not be done on Xbox. There is a difference...

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

this is october, take out gears, r6, viva pinata and blue dragon. and yes, it does compare after that.
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
[QUOTE="martin_f"]

martin_f

NexGenWars sorry and alot of people use that site also there is another that I forgot the name of that says the sameish.

nexgenwars and vgchartz are using estimates based off these financial statements and NPD. If Nintendo says they sold 13 million to retailers, take that as accurate. There ain't a lot of Wiis sitting out there right now. Sony and MS, now.....

Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cristallis
[QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="martin_f"]

gromit007

nexgenwars and vgchartz are using estimates based off these financial statements and NPD. If Nintendo says they sold 13 million to retailers, take that as accurate. There ain't a lot of Wiis sitting out there right now. Sony and MS, now.....

You need a trip to Japan. Don't trip on the unsold Wiis on your way in.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gromit007
[QUOTE="Hockey_Slayer"][QUOTE="Cubs360"]

Well some of those games I can Play on a 50 dollar GC, and some were actually GC games. On the 360 you are getting games that could not be done on Xbox. There is a difference...

The XBox could do any of those games, just graphcal downgrades is all that would be needed. But if graphics are that important to you...

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gromit007
[QUOTE="gromit007"][QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="martin_f"]

Cristallis

Do you think they wil still be there next week?

Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cristallis
[QUOTE="Cristallis"][QUOTE="gromit007"][QUOTE="martin_f"][QUOTE="martin_f"]

gromit007

Do you think they wil still be there next week?

No. But this is still sold to retailer numbers. And that game which is going to sell 385232038485 Wiis hasn't been released yet.

Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cristallis
Did Nintendo do a regional breakdown? I'd like to know how much Wiis and Gamecubes they shipped to Japan. Thanks ;)
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gromit007

Did Nintendo do a regional breakdown? I'd like to know how much Wiis and Gamecubes they shipped to Japan. Thanks ;)Cristallis

Last page.

Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cristallis

[QUOTE="Cristallis"]Did Nintendo do a regional breakdown? I'd like to know how much Wiis and Gamecubes they shipped to Japan. Thanks ;)gromit007

Last page.

Damn! So close

Wii - 3.67
GC - 4.02

Mario Galaxy can't come soon enough!

Ultra-Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Ultra-Fatality
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts
Who cares, the Wii isnt even made for REAL gamers, just for casuals who dont understand a thing about games. Infact it shouldnt really be called a games console. Real gamers stay away from the Wii.
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

Who cares, the Wii isnt even made for REAL gamers, just for casuals who dont understand a thing about games. Infact it shouldnt really be called a games console. Real gamers stay away from the Wii.Ultra-Fatality

REAL Gamer =

You're right, the Wii is meant for people who can actually move their arms out of Fetal Position.

DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DilutedDante
Member since 2004 • 1633 Posts

Who cares, the Wii isnt even made for REAL gamers, just for casuals who dont understand a thing about games. Infact it shouldnt really be called a games console. Real gamers stay away from the Wii.Ultra-Fatality

Do you practice making stupid statements, or does it just come naturally?

The fact that the Wii is constantly out of stock is proof enough that plenty of people want it, and they can't all be 'casuals'. Oh look I have one. Must be the odd one out.

bizsumpark182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bizsumpark182
Member since 2003 • 2751 Posts
I never said that the Wii didn't have good games. Trust me, I love my Wii. But, there is a ton of crap out there like, Scarface, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Boogie, Carnival Games, etc.
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#36 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts

Very nice

PS3: 5.59m

360: ? (we'll find out later today, but its less than 13m)

Wii: 13.17m