why Wii is ruining gaming...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sideheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sideheat
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
[this message has been deleted by the user]

Ironblindfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ironblindfold
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
Ihave lost my mind and we need to band together and put that rabid dog out of it's misery.
sideheat

There we go.
Potemkin2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Potemkin2005
Member since 2005 • 1771 Posts
ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics.
 sideheat
On the plus side, people only have to read three sentences before realizing that your post is a complete waste of time.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
the tc much have hated last gen and all previous gen since licensed games have been around forever.
CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

I'm glad Gamespot doesn't have a spellcheck function.

Saves me a lot of time reading useless posts.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts

the game cube shined every once in a while(starfox:assault(those grapics were pretty good!)LoZ:MM(duh) and so on.) sideheat

I thought Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask was on the n64...

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

2) "inovative" gimicks. just plain have to stop. it's just anoter advertising ploy. a cheap shot for a few extra bucks. rummble features are ok but TGC scaning, motion detection, etc. NEEDS TO STOP! it's NEVER going to catch on.

sideheat

You know nothing at all about the history of gaming do you..... Nintendo idea for you arrows has a control was a gimick....Gaming in it self was belived to be a gimick....so much of what you injoy was called a gimick....Heck when Nintendo made the first Rumble game I thought it was a gimick.....how wrong was I and how wrong are you

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics. now i have played all of the consoles, the ps3,xbox360,wii,xbox,gc,ps2, etc. the xbox and ps2 are pretty evenly matched. where one fails or lacks, the other excels or masters. one is good in catigory A but not B but the other is good in B , mediocre in A and exelent in C while the first is improving in C and so on. the game cube shined every once in a while(starfox:assault(those grapics were pretty good!)LoZ:MM(duh) and so on.) the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are also evenly matched. but the wii is the inferor console. bad graphics,bad line up, no online play, clunky controls, I can go on if you like. also, if the wii follows the GC tendency to lincence big name trademarks to sell (awfull) games for big profit only(movie games, toy games, etc.) then the other two consoles are very, VERY screwed.
what needs to happen is as follows

1) brand names need to stay out of the gaming scene. no movie games,toy games etc. to sell mercandise. it's killing good game developers(i.e.original,creative) profits resulting in less capital for there next game so we get progresivly worse games. worse case senario: I have two letters for you : E.T. (yeah, I went there.)

2) "inovative" gimicks. just plain have to stop. it's just anoter advertising ploy. a cheap shot for a few extra bucks. rummble features are ok but TGC scaning, motion detection, etc. NEEDS TO STOP! it's NEVER going to catch on.

3)the whole PS3/Xbox 360 hating stuff needs to stop. we both have a common enemy and as the saying goes: the enemy of my enemy, is my friend. nintendo has lost it's mind and we need to band together and put that rabid dog out of it's misery. we are BOTH geting owed by that thing. it is inferor yet it is selling out like crazy. IT MUST BE STOPED. or well both feel the cosequences. (two words: Dreamcast's fate)

the desision is yours.
sideheat

The beauty of Logic at work ;)/sarcasm
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
Threads like these make my day :lol:
Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
Yah sure, the Wii is totally going to ruin the game industry by it's lonesome. Not overadvertising and gaming itself branching off from being a niche hobby to being more and more casual.
Yosefino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yosefino
Member since 2004 • 544 Posts
[QUOTE="sideheat"]ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics. now i have played all of the consoles, the ps3,xbox360,wii,xbox,gc,ps2, etc. the xbox and ps2 are pretty evenly matched. where one fails or lacks, the other excels or masters. one is good in catigory A but not B but the other is good in B , mediocre in A and exelent in C while the first is improving in C and so on. the game cube shined every once in a while(starfox:assault(those grapics were pretty good!)LoZ:MM(duh) and so on.) the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are also evenly matched. but the wii is the inferor console. bad graphics,bad line up, no online play, clunky controls, I can go on if you like. also, if the wii follows the GC tendency to lincence big name trademarks to sell (awfull) games for big profit only(movie games, toy games, etc.) then the other two consoles are very, VERY screwed.

1) brand names need to stay out of the gaming scene. no movie games,toy games etc. to sell mercandise. it's killing good game developers(i.e.original,creative) profits resulting in less capital for there next game so we get progresivly worse games. worse case senario: I have two letters for you : E.T. (yeah, I went there.)

3)the whole PS3/Xbox 360 hating stuff needs to stop. we both have a common enemy and as the saying goes: the enemy of my enemy, is my friend. nintendo has lost it's mind and we need to band together and put that rabid dog out of it's misery. we are BOTH geting owed by that thing. it is inferor yet it is selling out like crazy. IT MUST BE STOPED. or well both feel the cosequences. (two words: Dreamcast's fate)

the desision is yours.
lzorro

now THAT's what i call a summary! Bravo Bravo *clap clap*
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
[QUOTE="lzorro"][QUOTE="sideheat"]ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics. now i have played all of the consoles, the ps3,xbox360,wii,xbox,gc,ps2, etc. the xbox and ps2 are pretty evenly matched. where one fails or lacks, the other excels or masters. one is good in catigory A but not B but the other is good in B , mediocre in A and exelent in C while the first is improving in C and so on. the game cube shined every once in a while(starfox:assault(those grapics were pretty good!)LoZ:MM(duh) and so on.) the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are also evenly matched. but the wii is the inferor console. bad graphics,bad line up, no online play, clunky controls, I can go on if you like. also, if the wii follows the GC tendency to lincence big name trademarks to sell (awfull) games for big profit only(movie games, toy games, etc.) then the other two consoles are very, VERY screwed.

the desision is yours.
Yosefino

now THAT's what i call a summary! Bravo Bravo *clap clap*

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
the tc much have hated last gen and all previous gen since licensed games have been around forever.Ontain
Not to mention that until recently it was Sony taking all the risks "Cause we all knew that disc formats would never catch on."
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
Do you rely know what ruins gaming.... People like you.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics. now i have played all of the consoles, the ps3,xbox360,wii,xbox,gc,ps2, etc. the xbox and ps2 are pretty evenly matched. where one fails or lacks, the other excels or masters. one is good in catigory A but not B but the other is good in B , mediocre in A and exelent in C while the first is improving in C and so on. the game cube shined every once in a while(starfox:assault(those grapics were pretty good!)LoZ:MM(duh) and so on.) the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are also evenly matched. but the wii is the inferor console. bad graphics,bad line up, no online play, clunky controls, I can go on if you like. also, if the wii follows the GC tendency to lincence big name trademarks to sell (awfull) games for big profit only(movie games, toy games, etc.) then the other two consoles are very, VERY screwed.

1) brand names need to stay out of the gaming scene. no movie games,toy games etc. to sell mercandise. it's killing good game developers(i.e.original,creative) profits resulting in less capital for there next game so we get progresivly worse games. worse case senario:  I have two letters for you : E.T. (yeah, I went there.)

the desision is yours.
 sideheat

you havent played ******* madden, rayman, red steel, far cry  had good controls not the best.

bad grpachis no online online takes damm time TIME TIME TIME TIME

did the first halo have online ? no it took xbl a year to get off.

grpahics arent great beacsuse developers haven use wii kits...

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="sideheat"]ok. this has to stop. the wii is a good attempt at ading functionality and imersiveness to gaming but it was exicuted poorly. read: bad graphics.
Potemkin2005
On the plus side, people only have to read three sentences before realizing that your post is a complete waste of time.

I didn't need to read three sentences to know that. :)
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
the wii is saving games jus tlike NES #1 it has low end specs to keep cost low and to make companys work more on game play then grahpics #2 its a new way to play #3 they dont push a mas media war like 360 and ps3 #4 the price is a breath of fresh air
-Ramirez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 -Ramirez-
Member since 2006 • 1459 Posts
Didn't read.
Avatar image for michaelareb0001
michaelareb0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 michaelareb0001
Member since 2005 • 1366 Posts

TC, you are either a mad man or a genius. Unfortunately, the majority here will call you the former.

But, I know excatly where you're coming from. You actually do make some good points. I worry about the same thing, as Nintendo has seemingly found the way to allow for the repackaging and reselling of an old product. I'm not talking about the hardware, there's just enough new in the box to make it next gen, I'm talking about the games.

Developers are not going to make ports of xbox 360 and ps3 games for the Wii. There's simply too much of a delta in hardware to make that happen. So what will occur is one of two things. They will either A) make games from last gen game engines or B) not support the Wii.

Right now sales are good, so developers are lined up, but they are also creating too many titles that fall under the "A" category. If sales taper off, the worst thing that happens is Nintendo loses 3rd party support and the system ends up like the GC. Personally, I see "B" more likely but I  am worried about what happens if sales remain strong.

If the Wii crushes the 360 and PS3 in sales, it's going to send a clear message to companies like EA, Ubisoft and 2K, that people will gladly pay for old games and hardware as long as it's marketed under the guise of innovation. While some games are fun, the vast majority of titles gain almost nothing from the Wii mote. LoZTP was just as enjoyable, maybe even a little less frustrating, with traditional controls. FPSs at this point suck, and most likely always will as the wii mote does not allow for the precision needed in the genre. Even Wii Sports can be mastered with flicks of the wrist instead of full swings of your arm. Sure, they'll get better, but no one seems to have exacts on how limited the sensors are.

Why would any company sell a cuttin g edge console at a loss, if can cut back the tech and sell it at a profit? Also why would developers bother creating new game engines if the old ones still produce top sellers on said console? Sure, Wii games will eventaully look better and advance from PS2 and GC ports, but ultimately they will never even come close to PS3 and 360 launch titles.

I'm not even going to go into the liscened games for kids shows and movies that make up the vast majority of the Wiis lineup. These have always been rush jobs to cash in on a limited window of popularity and continue to be sub par because enough people buy them.

I really wish Nintendo went 3rd party, I've always like Nintendo games, the hardware has never mattered. The Wii has no hardware in it that is used in motion sensing. It's all in the remote, they could have released it as a periphreal that could be used in all of their games and others, they just decided they could make more money this way.

Even absolutely mediocre games have been getting respectable scores, because everyone has acknowledged it has it's limitations. Yet every review for PS3 and 360 games compares to other games available even cross platform. It

If there's one thing I learned in college, it's that when people realize they're graded on a curve, the don't try as hard.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

CelineDion

Aha, but they do have one. Looks like that.

CarlosPontinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CarlosPontinas
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts

CelineDion

No offense, but some of your comments display an obnoxious snobbery which suggests you have real issues with both conceit and esteem. FYI the title of this thread happens to make perfect sense to anyone who is interested in the evolution of video gaming systems.  Â