Why the Lemmings are mad?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cocacolacowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cocacolacowboy
Member since 2008 • 209 Posts
yeah god of war is great times regardless of console.the game is super simple,yet it works.
craftieman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 craftieman05
Member since 2008 • 349 Posts

lol killzone 2 AAA

god of war is at least 2010 dont kid yourself.

mgs4 doesnt crack the top 60 at gamerankings and metacritic, and is below gears1, halo3, sm. lulz at greatest game of all time

mephisto_11

I don't understand why Halo 3 is regarded as a great game. I just don't. I have played it, and thought it was just an average game. I haven't played through all Metal Gear Solid 4 yet, so I can't comment on that one tet

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
I would like to know where cows buy their crystal balls...
never100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 never100
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

I would like to know where cows buy their crystal balls...MojondeVACA

My guess is the same place Lemmings buy theirs.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]I would like to know where cows buy their crystal balls...never100

There was a sale.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

lol killzone 2 AAA

mgs4 doesnt crack the top 60 at gamerankings and metacritic, and is below gears1, halo3, sm. lulz at greatest game of all time

mephisto_11

well its certainly better than gears and halo 3. those two games are two of the foremost in history to receive such praise over initial hype. and then the second playthrough after everythings died down and the games suck...

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Killzone 2 AAA. Just like the first one :lol:

I have a feeling history will repeat itself...

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

blues35301

well its certainly better than gears and halo 3. those two games are two of the foremost in history to receive such praise over initial hype. and then the second playthrough after everythings died down and the games suck...

/facepalm

you cant be series

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

blues35301

I fond it sad that these games get so highly ranked (gears, COD4 and such) it just shows that we are a market full of people who think that no rambo = bad game.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blues35301
[QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

alexmurray

/facepalm

you cant be series

definitely am series. actually halo 3 was crap on the first playthrough and gears on the second. gears had a trash story bundled with repetitive gameplay.(double failure on the two most important aspects - see my thread about it on the first page)

i loved the first playthrough and bought the game early in its life but im willing to admit the game was a rent at best. multiplayer was the only reason it had replay value and a great game doesnt need mp for replay value, see RE4.

never100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 never100
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

SpinoRaptor

All I have to say is Street Fighter 2. It could happen again.

alexmurray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 alexmurray
Member since 2005 • 2665 Posts
[QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

blues35301

/facepalm

you cant be series

definitely am series. actually halo 3 was crap on the first playthrough and gears on the second. gears had a trash story bundled with repetitive gameplay.(double failure on the two most important aspects - see my thread about it on the first page)

i loved the first playthrough and bought the game early in its life but im willing to admit the game was a rent at best. multiplayer was the only reason it had replay value and a great game doesnt need mp for replay value, see RE4.

Wow, Halo 3 and gears destroy every PS3 game for replay value and look at their scores they are great games:roll:

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blues35301
[QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

alexmurray

/facepalm

you cant be series

Wow, Halo 3 and gears destroy every PS3 game for replay value and look at their scores they are great games:roll:

no. Scores dont matter when the games score is based on hype. Gears was the first real next gen game released this entire generation. It was hyped to hell and blew everyone away but it has zero substance. The game is as shallow as a puddle. Halo 3 was the biggest media release in history of course it scored high. Game is blindingly average.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blues35301
Tell me what you think Gears of War would score right now if it was released today. Its 9.0 maximum bottom barrel AAA but it would be AA at most sites.
mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts

Tell me what you think Gears of War would score right now if it was released today. Its 9.0 maximum bottom barrel AAA but it would be AA at most sites.blues35301

it would still score 9.6. there's a reason why it has been in the top 5 for almost 2 years on live. its that good. sorry you didnt enjoy it but there's very few shooters on any platform as good as gears.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blues35301

[QUOTE="blues35301"]Tell me what you think Gears of War would score right now if it was released today. Its 9.0 maximum bottom barrel AAA but it would be AA at most sites.mephisto_11

it would still score 9.6. there's a reason why it has been in the top 5 for almost 2 years on live. its that good. sorry you didnt enjoy it but there's very few shooters on any platform as good as gears.

i think its great but not 9.6 great thats the same score RE4 got a game infinitely better than gears. the originator of over the shoulder tps. and 2 years on live makes it 9.6 great? its glitchy and laggy as hell. i played the online for about a month and was done. cod4 and tf2 (pc version only please) destroyed it online

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

[QUOTE="blues35301"]Tell me what you think Gears of War would score right now if it was released today. Its 9.0 maximum bottom barrel AAA but it would be AA at most sites.mephisto_11

I don't know why people still play Gears of Wars online. It had awful Lag that just ruined the whole thing. I wasn't able to get a single kill unless I was the host.

You'd think there would be any type of strategy/tactics in Gears of Wars online. But no, all I saw was everyone shotgunning everyone.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

[QUOTE="blues35301"]Tell me what you think Gears of War would score right now if it was released today. Its 9.0 maximum bottom barrel AAA but it would be AA at most sites.SpinoRaptor

I don't know why people still play Gears of Wars online. It had awful Lag that just ruined the whole thing. I wasn't able to get a single kill unless I was the host.

You'd think there would be any type of strategy/tactics in Gears of Wars online. But no, all I saw was everyone shotgunning everyone.

me too, cannot understand how anyone can say that geow's online is very tactical/strategic... when it always ends in shotgun fights or chainsaw kills... its fun and i like it but please dont say its online is tactical/deep...

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts
[QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="alexmurray"][QUOTE="blues35301"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

blues35301

/facepalm

you cant be series

no. Scores dont matter when the games score is based on hype. Gears was the first real next gen game released this entire generation. It was hyped to hell and blew everyone away but it has zero substance. The game is as shallow as a puddle. Halo 3 was the biggest media release in history of course it scored high. Game is blindingly average.

Thats all your opinion though, I enjoyed Halo 3, many others enjoyed Gears, never played it myself.

Saying scores don't count when its based on hype sounds like sour grapes, can't someone say the same for MGS4 and GTA 4, those game was extremely hyped, people were wetting themselves years in advance. And enough people say those games aren't quite worthy of the 10 they got.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Dibdibdobdobo

better, so more people can enjoy the King of fighting games :)

AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts

I was thinking of two recent flops.Ragnarok1051

You see, yopu claim to be against anyone that needlessly bashes a system, yet feel compelled to offer your input to put down the 360 or games. You are a biased cow, trying to act like you aren't...

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I was thinking of two recent flops.AlphaGamer469

You see, yopu claim to be against anyone that needlessly bashes a system, yet feel compelled to offer your input to put down the 360 or games. You are a biased cow, trying to act like you aren't...

dude there was 2 recent flops

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Dibdibdobdobo

when I see proof

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

I really dont think lems are mad cuz of a few games coming in the future, yes they will be great games but thats like saying cows have been mad for 2 years cuz of 360 games who gets mad over games on other systems

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
This thread is so full of fail.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#77 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
Wow, you have alot of free time.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Malta_1980

Virtua Fighter 5 is already mulitplatform :P
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]I would like to know where cows buy their crystal balls...never100

My perception may be skewed, but I feel there are waaaay more cows playing time-traveller than there are lemmings. Take this thread, for instance....

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]

never100

All I have to say is Street Fighter 2. It could happen again.

Of course it COULD happen. Anything COULD happen. Is that really the point, though? Hoping and praying and maybes are all well and good, but were it ME, I think I might hesitate to make these brash and bold, shameless predictions. I think I'd probably be a little more prudent. But that's probably only because I'm not 12 years old.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Because PS3 has at least 5 AAA exclusives coming in the near future (Resistance 2, LBP, Killzone 2, GOW3, and Tekken 6) to totally trump their mediocre line up, not including MGS4 (possibly the greatest game ever made) plus MAG and Home, so yeah I'd be mad to, plus I get to watch my Blu-Ray movies in between time, and play online for scoot free!SonyIsh6Fotta

travel back in time to see "at least 5 AAA exclusives coming in the near future (lair, warhawk, heavenly sword, uncharted, and r&c) to totall trump their mediocre lineup...

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 dsmccracken

Because PS3 has at least 5 AAA exclusives coming in the near future (Resistance 2, LBP, Killzone 2, GOW3, and Tekken 6) to totally trump their mediocre line up, not including MGS4 (possibly the greatest game ever made) plus MAG and Home, so yeah I'd be mad to, plus I get to watch my Blu-Ray movies in between time, and play online for scoot free!SonyIsh6Fotta

Let us be frank... 2 years ago, there were certainly Lemmings that envied some of the big games that the PS3 had on tap. MGS, DMC, FF, GT. The big guns. They may have denied it, but many HAD to be envious. Fast forward to today, half of them are multiplat, GT is still available only to deep space-time travellers, leaving only MGS4 to hang one's hat on.

So here we are, with the pillars that supported the PS3 undercut, and what do cows come to the table with in terms of trash talk and pwnage? R2? KZ2? Dear god, LBP? These might indeed be fine games, LBP certainly has many excited. But is this what made cows moo as this gen was ramping up? Is this what you thought you were in store for as you stood in that line at midnight almost 2 years ago? Do you honestly think that any lemming wishes he could trade in the past 3 years of enjoyment... for Resistence 2? You have been misled.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
RROD, pay to play, wait for demos, ads all over the dash,loud as a vacuum cleaner,easy scratched discs,cant see a wallpaper fullscreen,no custom themes,no web browser,no wifi standard,kiddy avatars:D
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 flatline711
RROD, pay to play, wait for demos, ads all over the dash,loud as a vacuum cleaner,easy scratched discs,cant see a wallpaper fullscreen,no custom themes,no web browser,no wifi standard,kiddy avatars:Dkillzowned24
Don't you ever get tired of this crap? It's way beyond pathetic at this point...
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]RROD, pay to play, wait for demos, ads all over the dash,loud as a vacuum cleaner,easy scratched discs,cant see a wallpaper fullscreen,no custom themes,no web browser,no wifi standard,kiddy avatars:Dflatline711
Don't you ever get tired of this crap? It's way beyond pathetic at this point...

The kid's a joke. Let him troll and get banned.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]RROD, pay to play, wait for demos, ads all over the dash,loud as a vacuum cleaner,easy scratched discs,cant see a wallpaper fullscreen,no custom themes,no web browser,no wifi standard,kiddy avatars:Dflatline711

If i was a lemming those would make me mad. :D

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.flatline711

We said King of Fighters not "Average beat'em up". Virtua Fighter has never been in the same league as Tekken.

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Iceman2911

when I see proof

This is my own little theory. No proof there as of yet but with the modern trend of everything going multi-platform i'd suggest not being to suprised when Namco announce Tekken going to Xbox.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]RROD, pay to play, wait for demos, ads all over the dash,loud as a vacuum cleaner,easy scratched discs,cant see a wallpaper fullscreen,no custom themes,no web browser,no wifi standard,kiddy avatars:DSKaREO
That sums most of it up. You have to be retarded to think the XBrick is a decent console. It's such a POS compared to any other system. The technology used to build them went obsolete within a few years. PS3 owners can rest assured that their money isn't being wasted on old tech or bunk online fees.

Same thing is said about the PS3 and "Teh Cell".

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Funny how you didn't actually mention any games from the 360 line up.
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 flatline711
[QUOTE="flatline711"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Dibdibdobdobo

We said King of Fighters not "Average beat'em up". Virtua Fighter has never been in the same league as Tekken.

To each his own. I personally prefer the VF series over any other 3D fighter. That said, I love me some 2D. SF3 is still one of my most played games to this day and I would kill for Marvel vs Capcom 3
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

ff7isnumbaone

*cough* gamestop rating only counts here buddy.

The op said its the best game ever created, he didnt say its the best game ever reviewed on GS :P

TheDarkKnight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheDarkKnight-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

How about this;

Resistance 2 may not be exclusive, LittleBigPlanet will be nothing special, and the game that you call 'the greatest ever', gets its ass kicked by games like Halo 3 and Gears of War on GameRankings and Metacritic.

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#94 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
The future is unpredictable, which means you fail TC.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
[QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

mephisto_11

*cough* lets ignore reality *cough*

he's not ignoring reality. those are the rules. just saying.

TheDarkKnight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheDarkKnight-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="mephisto_11"][QUOTE="ff7isnumbaone"][QUOTE="mephisto_11"]

lol killzone 2 AAA

clone01

*cough* lets ignore reality *cough*

he's not ignoring reality. those are the rules. just saying.

He may say that it's the first exclusive 10 in many years, but when we're discussing 'the greatest ever', then Metacritic and GameRankings have to come in between, sorry. So he can keep dreaming about it being the best game ever, if it makes him sleep better.

AlphaGamer469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AlphaGamer469
Member since 2008 • 1881 Posts
[QUOTE="flatline711"][QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Tekken will go Multi-platform soon enough.Iceman2911

when I see proof

This is my own little theory. No proof there as of yet but with the modern trend of everything going multi-platform i'd suggest not being to suprised when Namco announce Tekken going to Xbox.

Yea, it's been way above Tekken in terms of playability and realism...