Why Spiderman 2 looks so much worse than Spiderman 1?

• 92 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

Hello,

Watching this gameplay. This looks so much worse than Spiderman 1. 2 spiderman concept is shit, and black suit symbiot spiderman donot work.

combat looks even more easy with uncharted style scripted sequence which are not much in original game.

even graphically its not impreesive.

I enjoyed the first game. beat twice. basically its Arkham game in Spiderman skin. and one of only sony game that is not movie game.

So friends, what you think? why it looks worse?

lets discuss

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

These Spider-Man games are highly overrated. I still can't bring myself to finish the first game, let alone start playing Miles Morales or get excited for the sequel.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

And it is a PS5 exclusive.😎

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

It's the Playstation touch to turn games into movies.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

Envy thread 🤣

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

It's okay graphically, gameplay doesn't quite sell me though. But given the weight of the IP, it'll probably sell phenomenally. There still seems to be some Marvel fatigue generating in the cinematic universe so curious if that will catch up in gaming. It also is a Sony exclusive so I would guess it could still sell well to those who are largely interested in those too.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

I don't care that much how it looks since it is a console game at the end of the day, but I can't imagine it'll actually be worse than a ps4 game.

As for the scripted scene, what else are they going to show in a trailer? It's not like they're removing the web-slinging and side missions. Overall, Spider-Man 2 is probably just going to be more of the same experience as the first even if there are more cinematic moments. The combat itself looks the same to me too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

It was pretty boring.

Should have made MS3 the tail end game. Throw in 30-50 seconds of bla. Get the internet folk clippy-clapping.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

Looks better than 90 percent of games and it's open world. Get glasses guys.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Spider-Man wasn't my favorite game, not by a longshot, but to be honest I think it was one of the best, highest-quality, and polished games I have ever played. Everything in it just worked. Controls were perfect, not clunky at all. Performance was smooth and consistent. They did an amazing job.

Ditto to the Miles Morales expansion. Which was a great, proper expansion like you'd expect back in the day, not some shitty DLC.

Of course this was on PC after they had a couple years to fix bugs, the controls are tighter, and visuals and performance better 😁😋

I fully expect Spider-Man 2 to be of the same caliber, and would be disappointed if it isn't.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I’ve never seen so many butt hurt lems before.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6409 Posts

@daredevils2k: Um most of the poster's so far are hermits, but please tell us where the lems touched you and we'll try and get you some help :(

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

It looks more of the same to me and I already know it's going to be awesome. This whining about graphics literally means nothing when the game itself is still going to be great. Hell, Spiderman comes from a line of graphically inferior games. SM ps4 and Miles Morales are a million times better than the older games in every way imaginable. I don't doubt Spiderman 2 will be another hit.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@BassMan said:

These Spider-Man games are highly overrated. I still can't bring myself to finish the first game, let alone start playing Miles Morales or get excited for the sequel.

yea I never finished it either. swinging around was fun for a while and the combat was fine but nothing special, not much else going for them. open world activities left much to be desired.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3454 Posts

Obviously the Series S is holding it back.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@with_teeth26: it was a standard Ubisoft checklist game with some amazing webswinging and good combat and despite it got bit stale towards the end I throughly enjoyed it.

No idea why S2 is getting so much hate, yeah the stuff we saw was very cinematic and why wouldn’t it be? All the combat etc looked etc like the first one. And yeah expect it will still be packed with non scripted side content.

Venom suite can go either way imo, will have to see it more in action before I can judge that, that being said the idea intrigues me from a lore/story perspective atleast:)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@girlusocrazy:

The person whining about the pic on the right "looking rough" is evidence enough that people pledge more to fanboy-ism than actual reality. 😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Obviously the Series S is holding it back.

🤭

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16576 Posts

@ghosts4ever: lmao 🤣 you're full of it. How the heck is spiderman not a movie game? I beat the game and it's literally a giant movie game cinematic experience. Of course I enjoyed it, because I'm not a 🤡, being in denial.

And spiderman 2 looks even better, the story sounds interesting, and the black suit is obviously corrupting spiderman. It's part of the story.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

I told you to stop paying attention to this shitty franchise. Next time listen, i know what i am talking about. Beg Sony to port TLOU2, and if they do, you better upgrade your pc so it doesn't run at 8fps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@BassMan said:

It's like they took Ass Creed but managed to make it more boring.

Meanwhile Ghost of Tsushima is an open world done right, doing everything to draw you in.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Ubi-stations spider-meh 2

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@girlusocrazy: puddlegate lol i remember that causing controversy on here back in the day.

got very little interest in the series. was really disappointed with how derivative the first game was, although i got miles morales free with my ps5 and i did enjoy it a little more than the og. felt more compact and to the point without all the open world baggage being forced on you like it was in the first game

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22819 Posts

I really enjoyed the first Spiderman. Was fun all the way through. I got it for 19.99 about a year or so after launch. Will likely do the same thing here. Single player games are great!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

Looks fine. I haven't played the first one yet (on the backlog) but it looks like more of the same.

Is it also getting a PS4 release though? Also when is it due? It still looks like a higher res PS4 game with just some higher quality textures in places. It's not bad looking or anything, it looks quite good in it's own right.....just as a new game on a new gen of system by a first party developer (who are having a second crack at second system AND we are 3 years into the gen), it's a bit flat.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3454 Posts

I never liked the Batman games so obviously I didn't enjoyed Spiderman that much. But moving through the city was really great. Otherwise it was pretty boring and that kind of focus group type of writing was another layer of added boringness.

Seriously buggy game at release too, the last third of the game could get hilariously broken.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I'm REALLY surprised. I thought this was goona blow everything out of the water. Is it also coming out on the PS4? That might explain it. :-S

Edit: OH SHIT, this is PS5 exclusive?

At the beginning of the trailer, I thought, this looks pretty good, what is TC talking about, but cut to the city, it looks like a PS4 game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:

I told you to stop paying attention to this shitty franchise. Next time listen, i know what i am talking about. Beg Sony to port TLOU2, and if they do, you better upgrade your pc so it doesn't run at 8fps.

Because they're shit at porting?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@last_lap said:

@daredevils2k: Um most of the poster's so far are hermits, but please tell us where the lems touched you and we'll try and get you some help :(

Oh look its the lemming white knight. Thank god this forum has you to protect all our fragile green friends’ feelings

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

Who is? its not like ND ported TLOU1R.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

I've already said, multiple times, what it would take for me to be interested in this game. And this isn't it.

evil_kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 evil_kane
Member since 2003 • 1101 Posts

Agreed, I don't think it looks worse....just not as good as it should be, expecially running on the PS5...so yeah, i am dissapointed, wish it went to a more photorealistic graphical style, something like what the unreal engine 5 is capable of..etc.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

they actually did

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@howmakewood said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

they actually did

Wait what? ND gave them the green light, but its Iron Galaxy that's in charge of the game as far as i am aware.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@howmakewood said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

they actually did

Wait what? ND gave them the green light, but its Iron Galaxy that's in charge of the game as far as i am aware.

That's what people initially thought, but it turned out that ND did the brunt, galaxy was there only for assistance as ND wants to do upcoming PC versions inhouse as well, so this was more of a learning experience for them, you can look it up on twitter if you want

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Spider-Man wasn't my favorite game, not by a longshot, but to be honest I think it was one of the best, highest-quality, and polished games I have ever played. Everything in it just worked. Controls were perfect, not clunky at all. Performance was smooth and consistent. They did an amazing job.

Ditto to the Miles Morales expansion. Which was a great, proper expansion like you'd expect back in the day, not some shitty DLC.

Of course this was on PC after they had a couple years to fix bugs, the controls are tighter, and visuals and performance better 😁😋

I fully expect Spider-Man 2 to be of the same caliber, and would be disappointed if it isn't.

I agree. The web-slinging is great. The npc dialogue in spots was immersive and added density. I don't recall any major bugs or glitches. And sadly, that has become a pleasant surprise these days. My problem was that a lot of the other stuff was boring.

People often compare the combat to the Arkham games, but there's something about those that just feels better to me... at least in Asylum. The Spiderman combat is obviously zoomed out to accommodate his wider range of movement and attacks, but it has the effect (at least for me) of making me feel less part of the activity. I don't know if it translates, but it's similar to how I feel about movies. It has become pretty common for modern movies to do giant wide shots, but they almost always give me the feeling of looking at something, rather than being part of something. But weirdly, I would say the opposite for God of War. With that I prefer the pulled back camera. So I dunno 😊.

The transition between stealth and combat is also a little weak. In Arkham, the stealth just feels better imo, and when you transition (or screw up) it's more of an intense struggle for survival. With Spiderman, you just go "oh yeah, Spiderman" and beat the shit out them. There's something about the UI and all the tech embellishments that I'm not overly fond of. Then most of the boss are kind of weak as well. That end fight was pretty lackluster.

Maybe most of that is personal preference, but the one thing everyone should hate are those goddamn pigeon missions. I absolutely hate the forced predetermined chase sequences. If I'm smart enough to locate and position myself for optimal bird baggin', then let me. Forcing me to go through some boring chase, despite me doing everything correctly is just ass.

Again, you're right that they made a quality product that actually functions as promised. It's just sad that we have to champion that, because it's so rare anymore.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Karen made a thread

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts
@dimebag667 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I agree. The web-slinging is great. The npc dialogue in spots was immersive and added density. I don't recall any major bugs or glitches. And sadly, that has become a pleasant surprise these days. My problem was that a lot of the other stuff was boring.

Again, you're right that they made a quality product that actually functions as promised. It's just sad that we have to champion that, because it's so rare anymore.

Yeah, you said it, man.

Maybe that's why it felt so special, and in that respect, it's bittersweet praise.

@dimebag667 said:

The transition between stealth and combat is also a little weak. In Arkham, the stealth just feels better imo, and when you transition (or screw up) it's more of an intense struggle for survival. With Spiderman, you just go "oh yeah, Spiderman" and beat the shit out them. There's something about the UI and all the tech embellishments that I'm not overly fond of. Then most of the boss are kind of weak as well. That end fight was pretty lackluster.

Yeah I did think they did the stealth aspect in the Arkham games better. It felt almost like two separate stages, but with no abrupt transition when you broke stealth. In Spider-Man, it was still fun, but it felt more tacked on. That's a very light criticism on my part, though; it was still mostly well done.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

To me, it just looks samey. Nothing particularly wrong with that, as I did enjoy the first. That being said, i'd be happy if they have held sonething back that might switch that up (apart from the seeming character flipping.)

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

Hello,

Watching this gameplay. This looks so much worse than Spiderman 1. 2 spiderman concept is shit, and black suit symbiot spiderman donot work.

combat looks even more easy with uncharted style scripted sequence which are not much in original game.

I enjoyed the first game. beat twice. basically its Arkham game in Spiderman skin. and one of only sony game that is not movie game.

lets discuss

It doesn't look worse than the first one. I dunno how much old build is, but it looks better.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@girlusocrazy: sadly not even close 😢

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

I liked the 1st one, haven't played miles morales.

The web slinging and combat was solid. But I do find it overated. I'd say the 1st one was a solid 8/10. Those Mary Jane segments and the puzzles in the lab were so borring and tedious.

It's like insomniac made a fun game and then Sony got involved and said

"you need more walking simulator segments and trivilous puzzle segments to break up the monogamy of fun gameplay!! We don't want too much fun guys, put some trivial talking/walking segments in here!!"

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

At this point, when i see someone being hyped for this, its like seeing those casuals being hyped for a new AssCreed game. Like what's wrong with you? Why do you hype such shallow titles specially crafted for people that barely touch a controller?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6409 Posts

@randy_lahey: Most of the comments were from hermits when I posted, and they still are. So how about you stop being dumb and look at them for yourself. You cows are just obsessed with everything MS/Xbox/Lems and can't see anything else, what depressing lives you live.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

lol worse faster web swining more combat moves, action looks like a step up. Will likely be the best game this year outside of zelda.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

Envy thread 🤣

Basically better than anything we have seen on xbox in its 22 years.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HalcyonScarlet
@loudheadphones said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello,

lets discuss

It doesn't look worse than the first one. I dunno how much old build is, but it looks better.

To me, it doesn't look worse and probably does look better, but not a whole generation better. Other than lighting, it doesn't look vastly better than a PS4 game.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, you said it, man.

Maybe that's why it felt so special, and in that respect, it's bittersweet praise.

@dimebag667 said:

Yeah I did think they did the stealth aspect in the Arkham games better. It felt almost like two separate stages, but with no abrupt transition when you broke stealth. In Spider-Man, it was still fun, but it felt more tacked on. That's a very light criticism on my part, though; it was still mostly well done.

The stealth in the Arkham games is leagues better. In Spider-Man it just feels tacked on and shallow similar to every other Third Person action adventure game from Playstation. The AI is borderline brain dead in stealth aspect. Their situational awareness is incredibly low. In the Arkham games if you pick off a couple of bad guys patrolling near each other they react by looking up and down at your vantage points instead of wandering around like idiots not noticing nearly all their teammates are gone. It really helps with the immersion of the comic book world because the criminals will react realistically to a super hero that they know takes people out one by one as a common tactic. Meanwhile in Spider-Man it seems like every thug you fight has never heard of you before despite the numerous encounters so they don't bother to look up while patrolling and when you do get caught they're locked on you even when you break their line of sight.