why people say that Uncharted's gameplay is bad?

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

It's not bad. It's just average, repetitive and overall bland. Middle of the road as can be when it comes to a TPS, but at least the games look great.

@AzatiS said:

I came here to say that ND >> EAD and people started to attack UC like its a bad game to begin with.

In that other thread? No.

Plenty of people said they thought ND was better and nobody cared.

You said this.

@AzatiS said:

Whoever voted for Nintendo on this specific post is the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the universe

So don't try playing the victim here. Instead of running off at the mouth calling everyone else a fanboy it might do you some good to have a look in the mirror..

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#152  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Don't take my oppinion.... Form your own...

Most of the people who think Uncharted's gameplay is average didn't borrow their oppions from each other, its simple collective observational coincidence from 1st hand experience.

And note I'm only talking about its gameplay.... If people wana play games for the same reasons they watch movies then good for them.... Its not gona fix Uncharted's Gameplay though.... Also its pretty average for its genre, which is essentially a TPS, but if you want to classify it as Action Adventure specifically then its actually a bad Action-Adventure game (because that tends to happen when you classify a TPS as Action Adventure, Gears of War would also be a bad Action Adventure game too). So its up to you....

Here we go again ... so many awards and industry triumphs ...because was a movie .. ok whatever ! Its a TPS , but not the common action one , it blends things therefore more depth in gameplay than ...shoot , run , shoot only like action TPS. I didnt say is action/adventure. Whatever ok , you dont agree fine. You hate UC for a reason , we get it already !! Its your opinion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#153 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

The peoples praise the cutscenes of Uncharted not gameplay.

Halflife praised gameplay, proper man game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By AzatiS
@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Gue1: When some of the sheeps/lems saying to you that UC has crappy gameplay ask them a question. Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect. And that ends the conversations because they cant come up with something therefore for its genre UC is as good as all other games around or even better when you see the whole package.

So , let the haters hate. Talking about cinematic presentations are crappy and gameplay is all that matters....and then all sheeps shit their pants with Zelda Wii U E3 trailer which was an ...in game cinematic like presentation !! I mean , the hypocrisy to max !

only.... your wrong.

Gameplay (Shooting/TPS mechanics) hands down Gears of War and Vanguard...... by far more suitable for both SP and MP games. even Tomb Raider (Modern) had better gunplay and more variety in what you could do... and stealth that actually works.

Graphics - Gears for its time is what Uncharted was for its time. (original gears of war)

MP - Gears of War.

A big Difference between hyping a concept video of a series known for a fantastic gameplay experience .. and not accepting the reality that Uncharted as games have very little substance outside of their presentation.

I can't believe you live under a rock like this...... you can prefer uncharted... but objectivly speaking most people looking at a gameplay mechanics standpoint would say that Tomb Raider had a damn lot more going for it than uncharted... let alone anything else.... but alas graphics/michael bay was more important to the casual console AAA junky hype bandwagoners I didn't expect anything different.

No you are wrong , GoW and Vanguard ( second account? ) are third person shooters , action based , UC is far more than that. In its core it has way more things to do , design wise AND action wise than simply shoot. You are OUT of your mind if you comparing an action-Adventure shooter with platforming elements to a traditional third person shooter... And thats all there is to it. It amazes me you calling a pew pew game better gameplay ... Wth are you smoking people !

The platforming/puzzle elements are pretty much window dressing. It's a TPS at its core.

You CANT directly call it TPS and that it. Its Action - ADVENTURE with platform elements TPS. NOT traditional action -TPS as GeoW which is your typical pew pew ! ..what is so difficult to understand , i dont get it.

Oh yes, you can call a corridor shooter an action adventure if you like just because now and then you climb some ledges. when do you actually do anything that feels not like a shooter? where is the adventuring element? this so called adventurer manages to massacre over a 1000 henchmen by the end of the game. other than window dressing. and the HANDFUL of puzzles in the game.... its core is a TPS. its multiplayer is a TPS. Tomb Raider... you actually could explore. take a detour go off "adventuring" even remotely... but that is still primarily a TPS game.

Action Adventure is LOVELY blanket for you to hide behind. but you spend the majority of time shooting people... and that doesn't change the fact that its shooting mechanics are crap.

Uncharted 1 was a mediocre game. Uncharted 2 .... other than inclusion of multiplayer (which lets be honest based on its reception didn't take off massivly... because you know... mediocre gunplay is a massive lastibility killer) was just a much prettier and well executed game. (outside of gameplay elements... which hadn't changed at all.) Uncharted 3.... well you get the picture... its gone down hill... then there is the damn vita game which managed to make it worse.

Interesting story? well I guess.... all I remember was "oh its indie looking for stuff again. oh look zombie/nazis.... so I didn't hold it in high regard.

Uncharted was your typical PEW PEW (only without good gunplay) and some interactive cutscenes .... oh and don't forget the 100% predictable *QUICK TAP BUTTON NOT TO LET GO OF THE EDGE!". 100% on rails... no varietion ... climb, shoot, climb shoot cutscene.

Adventure? BWHAHAAHAH

Omfg the newcomers you are spoiled as ...uck!! Ok , if you dont see adventure elements in UC and above all you LAUGHING about it .... then gtfo ! i dont know what else to say !! If you dont go with the critics , the whole industry , hunderds of awards.. fine fine and fine .. !! I get it , another hater!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By AzatiS

@sandbox3d said:

It's not bad. It's just average, repetitive and overall bland. Middle of the road as can be when it comes to a TPS, but at least the games look great.

@AzatiS said:

I came here to say that ND >> EAD and people started to attack UC like its a bad game to begin with.

In that other thread? No.

Plenty of people said they thought ND was better and nobody cared.

You said this.

@AzatiS said:

Whoever voted for Nintendo on this specific post is the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the universe

So don't try playing the victim here. Instead of running off at the mouth calling everyone else a fanboy it might do you some good to have a look in the mirror..

Of course i said what i said !! ND is far better than EAD overall , i would had gone with EAD if there were more games in there other than ZElda. End of story !!! And all you have to counter what i said was ... UC wasnt good !! Rofl you haters ... You talking about UC while there are other games up there you sheep!! You trying to lecture me now ? Try to face the facts instead.... Try to make a new IP ( nintendo ) and do what UC and TLOU did in a single gen then we talk who is better. Are you old enough ? Do you remember what Crash Bandicoots impact was back then sheep ? Do you remember how good Jak was ? But but .. UC is not good ...the the gameplay ... so EAD is better ... Rofl you sheeps !!

To many sheeps today !! Im out !!!! I cant win vs fanboys nor haters !! I accept defeat my system warriors !! You win!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Gue1: When some of the sheeps/lems saying to you that UC has crappy gameplay ask them a question. Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect. And that ends the conversations because they cant come up with something therefore for its genre UC is as good as all other games around or even better when you see the whole package.

So , let the haters hate. Talking about cinematic presentations are crappy and gameplay is all that matters....and then all sheeps shit their pants with Zelda Wii U E3 trailer which was an ...in game cinematic like presentation !! I mean , the hypocrisy to max !

only.... your wrong.

Gameplay (Shooting/TPS mechanics) hands down Gears of War and Vanguard...... by far more suitable for both SP and MP games. even Tomb Raider (Modern) had better gunplay and more variety in what you could do... and stealth that actually works.

Graphics - Gears for its time is what Uncharted was for its time. (original gears of war)

MP - Gears of War.

A big Difference between hyping a concept video of a series known for a fantastic gameplay experience .. and not accepting the reality that Uncharted as games have very little substance outside of their presentation.

I can't believe you live under a rock like this...... you can prefer uncharted... but objectivly speaking most people looking at a gameplay mechanics standpoint would say that Tomb Raider had a damn lot more going for it than uncharted... let alone anything else.... but alas graphics/michael bay was more important to the casual console AAA junky hype bandwagoners I didn't expect anything different.

No you are wrong , GoW and Vanguard ( second account? ) are third person shooters , action based , UC is far more than that. In its core it has way more things to do , design wise AND action wise than simply shoot. You are OUT of your mind if you comparing an action-Adventure shooter with platforming elements to a traditional third person shooter... And thats all there is to it. It amazes me you calling a pew pew game better gameplay ... Wth are you smoking people !

The platforming/puzzle elements are pretty much window dressing. It's a TPS at its core.

You CANT directly call it TPS and that it. Its Action - ADVENTURE with platform elements TPS. NOT traditional action -TPS as GeoW which is your typical pew pew ! ..what is so difficult to understand , i dont get it.

Oh yes, you can call a corridor shooter an action adventure if you like just because now and then you climb some ledges. when do you actually do anything that feels not like a shooter? where is the adventuring element? this so called adventurer manages to massacre over a 1000 henchmen by the end of the game. other than window dressing. and the HANDFUL of puzzles in the game.... its core is a TPS. its multiplayer is a TPS. Tomb Raider... you actually could explore. take a detour go off "adventuring" even remotely... but that is still primarily a TPS game.

Action Adventure is LOVELY blanket for you to hide behind. but you spend the majority of time shooting people... and that doesn't change the fact that its shooting mechanics are crap.

Uncharted 1 was a mediocre game. Uncharted 2 .... other than inclusion of multiplayer (which lets be honest based on its reception didn't take off massivly... because you know... mediocre gunplay is a massive lastibility killer) was just a much prettier and well executed game. (outside of gameplay elements... which hadn't changed at all.) Uncharted 3.... well you get the picture... its gone down hill... then there is the damn vita game which managed to make it worse.

Interesting story? well I guess.... all I remember was "oh its indie looking for stuff again. oh look zombie/nazis.... so I didn't hold it in high regard.

Uncharted was your typical PEW PEW (only without good gunplay) and some interactive cutscenes .... oh and don't forget the 100% predictable *QUICK TAP BUTTON NOT TO LET GO OF THE EDGE!". 100% on rails... no varietion ... climb, shoot, climb shoot cutscene.

Adventure? BWHAHAAHAH

Omfg the newcomers you are spoiled as ...uck!! Ok , if you dont see adventure elements in UC and above all you LAUGHING about it .... then gtfo !! hahahaha omfg!!! This is ridiculous!

Nobody is siding with you even remotely. you know thats usually a sign that YOU are the problem right?

It is an Action Adventure Third Person shooter.... with an incredible enphasis on the TPS element. its that simple.

But, lets back up the topic abit you seem to ignore the elephant in the room that is TOMB RAIDER. a game that did everything Uncharted did but better, more variation, more adventuring, more platforming/custimization/puzzles ect ect. the only area it didn't absolutely curb stomp uncharted in... was... GRAPHICS!

Just fess up, you console games are often the biggest shallow graphic whores in the industry

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

mems_1224 the thread.

That's him in every thread.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

I've only played UC2 and I agree with a lot of the criticism concerning the gunplay and platforming. Good thing I only paid $7 for the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@AzatiS

You guys really need to play more games then you'l see how unreliable critics are, even as a simple guide they can and occasionally are be catostrophically wrong....

You deserve better. But if forming your own oppinion sounds like too much work then I totally understand....

I've been on these forums since 2009 and the only time I bring up GOTY's and Metacritcs and Ratings and Sales is merely to mock them, I always use Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite and CoD as my go to "mocking games" its usually fun for me but sometimes empathy makes me feel bad and I try to get people play what they want not what somebody else thinks is good.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

The gameplay isn't bad, but its not what carries the games.

Its clear the uncharted gamers are built around story and presentation, with gameplay an afterthought. Uncharted 3 at launch is evidence of this. Whereas other franchises attract gamers and keep them hooked through tight gameplay (Halo, Gears etc) Uncharted uses pretty cutscenes and extravagant set-pieces.

Doesn't make the games bad, but cows should stop trying to make them something they're not.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Uncharted has MUCH better gunplay than HL.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Adventure? BWHAHAAHAH

Omfg the newcomers you are spoiled as ...uck!! Ok , if you dont see adventure elements in UC and above all you LAUGHING about it .... then gtfo !! hahahaha omfg!!! This is ridiculous!

Nobody is siding with you even remotely. you know thats usually a sign that YOU are the problem right?

It is an Action Adventure Third Person shooter.... with an incredible enphasis on the TPS element. its that simple.

But, lets back up the topic abit you seem to ignore the elephant in the room that is TOMB RAIDER. a game that did everything Uncharted did but better, more variation, more adventuring, more platforming/custimization/puzzles ect ect. the only area it didn't absolutely curb stomp uncharted in... was... GRAPHICS!

Just fess up, you console games are often the biggest shallow graphic whores in the industry

You think im looking for someone to side with me ? What is this ? Facebook ? When sheeps are here to call UC average ,crap gameplay, cinematic only experience to justify their VOTE to EAD while bypassing FACTS !! I dont need persons like that to side with me !! Rofl ... The elephant is TR /facepalm !!! Whatever , i said i accept defeat , what else you want me to say!! ...... Im out , have fun!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#163 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, running round with a Call Of Duty avatar attempting to educate a hardcore pc hardcore pc gamer, gaming long, long before the young peoples played Uncharted. Movie games. Waste of time. Halflife proper game for man.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By AzatiS

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

You guys really need to play more games then you'l see how unreliable critics are, even as a simple guide they can and occasionally are be catostrophically wrong....

You deserve better. But if forming your own oppinion sounds like too much work then I totally understand....

I've been on these forums since 2009 and the only time I bring up GOTY's and Metacritcs and Ratings and Sales is merely to mock them, I always use Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite and CoD as my go to "mocking games" its usually fun for me but sometimes empathy makes me feel bad and I try to get people play what they want not what somebody else thinks is good.

looool .... your trolling is top notch , you gently trolling me wont work ... Im my own critic .. I dont like SMG !! What does that mean , that because i dont like it i cant see games values and call it average ... Hell NO !! Its a solid platformer , it just not for me !! Period !! That makes me a good critic ... Calling something that isnt for me but on its own genre being one of the top ...average !! Well thats a bad critic BUT its an opinion i can deal with since...its your opinion and nothing more. Now i dont have anything else to say i guess. Seems you are too obsessed with UC being crappy and that wont change so... nothing more to say i guess.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Lulu_Lulu

@AzatiS

Before you ride your high horse, Mr. Critic... I never said Uncharted was crappy, I said its gameplay was Average, or slightly above average at best.

Yes its an oppinion... Its the right oppinion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Cranler

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cranler said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, running round with a Call Of Duty avatar attempting to educate a hardcore pc hardcore pc gamer, gaming long, long before the young peoples played Uncharted. Movie games. Waste of time. Halflife proper game for man.

Lol, at least in Uncharted you can skip the cutscenes. Half Life has what are basically ingame cutscenes which you can't skip. HL ai is notoriously horrid. Uncharted has ai thats is better than Fear imo.

thr1llh0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 thr1llh0us
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Gue1 said:

- I see many people saying that Uncharted games are all QTE, even though they have none.

Okay, it's a bad sign when your first point is wrong

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 AzatiS

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Before you ride your high horse, Mr. Critic... I never said Uncharted was crappy, I said its gameplay was Average, or slightly above average at best.

Yes its an oppinion... Its the right oppinion.

Oh , lets see your trollish statement now... High horse , Mr.Critic ... I said gameplay was average , hmmm ok !!!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@AzatiS:

Bro, I could read from a pile of random fortune cookies and it would still make for better arguments than what you're presenting here.

In other words, great job.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Lulu_Lulu

@AzatiS

Its just a game.... I ts not worth torching your reputation over....

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By AzatiS

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Its just a game.... I ts not worth torching your reputation over....

Dont keep crying , feels .. weird !! Stop it , let it go already !! hahaha ... I dont agree with your opinion !! Your trolling is getting too obvious for a newbie around here! Im here for ages , in order to get into me you need to try waaaay harder !! lol... ill say you are about 6/10 though. Good , gently trolling in your posts to justify your claims but ... that wont work with me , sorry !

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

In answer to TC's question.

The people who flat-out call the gameplay "bad" tend to be fanboys who instinctively hate on any high-rated exclusive that's not on their platform. That's just how it goes on SW. Same reason why cows call Halo and Gears "lame bro shooters".

However, the more honest detractors of the series feel that for all the AAA scores it got across the board, it didn't stand out enough or played it too safe, gameplay-wise. Now granted combining a solid TPS mechanic with platforming helped a bit, but to them it wasn't quite enough to justify all the praise.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

Bro, I could read from a pile of random fortune cookies and it would still make for better arguments than what you're presenting here.

LMAO

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AzatiS
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

Oh no , the mad boy is back !! Ty !! But you are better !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Lulu_Lulu

@AzatiS

LOL. Wow, okay....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ConanTheStoner

@AzatiS said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

Furious is more like it. I flipped 10 tables over just trying to type this.

Dude I'm way too toasted right now to be upset about some average TPS games lol

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

probably because the game kinda stayed the same over it's three installments

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

To be fair, there are few major AAA series that change all that much from sequel to sequel nowadays.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#179 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Loved the game, got bored with the system they have to move gameplay along though. Rinse and repeat (enemies rush in, kill them all, go through to next section, enemies comes in, platform, qte, enemies etc). How many men does the bad guy have to throw at you? and after you've killed a million, you would think he would bomb you or something. Then there's the times where you get caught and never one shotted in the head, even after you single handedly killed all his army. Funny how he never realizes how dangerous you are and to just take no chances to just kill you right there. After three games, I got bored with the stupidity.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I dont know but hey its their opinion.I think the gameplay fine.It mixes gameplay and presentation nicely.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#182  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I wouldn't say it's terrible... it's just heavily scripted and fairly short, with no real reason to pick it up again after your 8-10 hours are up. It's about as "on rails" that a game can be without actually moving you around the set pieces itself. The shooting mechanics are adequate but nothing exceptional, and I have about 50 games trying to get me to shoot my way through the entire thing already that all feel about the same.

That said, they can provide a flashy and fun evening. Maybe two! But that just isn't the kind of game I buy, let alone for $60.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Because the combat is boring chest-high-wall whack a mole mediocrity and the "platforming" is boring, braindead "hold in this direction and it all happens for you" garbage.

@AzatiS said:

Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect.

Vanquish, RE4, Binary Domain, RE5. All of these have much more addicting, fun, fast paced gameplay than Uncharted.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

RE4, a 10 year old game is still has way better gameplay than any Uncharted game. It also doesn't suck as to replay like every Uncharted game. Granted RE4 is one of the best games ever and Uncharted isn't but yeah. That's what good gameplay looks like in a TPS.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@nervmeister said:

@NFJSupreme said:

To be fair, there are few major AAA series that change all that much from sequel to sequel nowadays.

I know but that's what it is. It's like gears of war. First game oh man this is awesome by game 3 you are like ok been there done that.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Cranler

@ActicEdge said:

RE4, a 10 year old game is still has way better gameplay than any Uncharted game. It also doesn't suck as to replay like every Uncharted game. Granted RE4 is one of the best games ever and Uncharted isn't but yeah. That's what good gameplay looks like in a TPS.

Uncharted 2 has same metacritic score as RE 4. Hows about we compare metacritics of both franchises?

Both may be tps but they are very different types of games. Some may prefer fighting enemies that arent zombies, enemies who actually take cover and shoot at you, flank and flush you with nades.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#187 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They aren't bad games. But they aren't decidedly good either.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 AzatiS

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

You are stroooong!!!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ConanTheStoner

@AzatiS said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

You are stroooong!!!

Thanks, my mommy always told me the same thing...

Mom?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By AzatiS

@Pffrbt said:

Because the combat is boring chest-high-wall whack a mole mediocrity and the "platforming" is boring, braindead "hold in this direction and it all happens for you" garbage.

@AzatiS said:

Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect.

Vanquish, RE4, Binary Domain, RE5. All of these have much more addicting, fun, fast paced gameplay than Uncharted.

Just rofl .. RE4 and RE5 gameplay better than UC ... you are out of your freaking mind!! lol ... Anyways ok!!!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 AzatiS

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS:

You are stroooong!!!

Thanks, my mommy always told me the same thing...

Mom?

Did she ? Oh , nice of her !

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#192  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@Gue1 said:

- I see many people saying that Uncharted games are all QTE, even though they have none.None? Lie.

- They say Uncharted is a movie, even though its cut-scenes are pretty short. Movie as in it's over dramatic about some action parts, I personally didn't see any problem about the cut scenes.

- Some say the shooting mechanics are bad but in what way? Play Uncharted 3. Uncharted 1 and 2 had great shooting gameplay. Uncharted 3 has the most terrible shooting mechanisms I have ever played in a shooter. Black and Killswitch on ps2 have better shooting gameplay.

- Others say that its puzzles suck because they are too easy, but they are harder than every puzzle you can find in a Zelda game, and people seem to love those. That's a lie. Wait 2 minutes and Uncharted 1-3 will tell you how to solve puzzles. The campaign is handed to you on a silver platter. While Zelda is light on puzzles, at least Zelda doesn't give you hints on how to solves each and every puzzle every 2 mins. Play Alundra if you want puzzles sir.

- Many even dare to say that its multiplayer suck when it reality it was well made and many reviewers praised it. Bungie and Infinity Ward gave feedback and helped to shape the multiplayer of this series too. It isn't that great. There isn't anything that really stands out. You run around and shoot people........just like every other shooter MP.

- And then the biggest lie of all: Uncharted games are easy games because they are scripted from start to finish. Maybe they never tried playing it on harder difficulties? Because I admit Uncharted games have become easier with each new iteration but on Crushing mode this series is pretty challenging compared to most modern games. The first Uncharted game on Crushing was and still is a very frustrating game. Play Killzone 2 on Elite, then play Uncharted on hard. KZ 2 is probably one of the hardest shooters ever created. And it's a legit hard, not cheap hard. Call of Juarez Gunslinger on True West mode is harder than Uncharted on crushing too.

I'm not a xbox guy either. I only own a ps2, ps3 and a ps4. I personally don't think Uncharted is all that great..

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Just rofl .. RE4 and RE5 gameplay better than UC ... you are out of your freaking mind!! lol ... Anyways ok!!!

Both have much tighter pacing and more interesting combat, having much more responsive controls, and neither one emphasizes you using a cover system. They're both far more fun to play than any Uncharted. Either way I proved you wrong by mentioning several games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AzatiS

@Pffrbt said:

@AzatiS said:

Both have much tighter pacing and more interesting combat, having much more responsive controls, and neither one emphasizes you using a cover system. They're both far more fun to play than any Uncharted.

Ok !! ....

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#195 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@locopatho said:

@silversix_ said:

Its too shallow and killing the same humans in different clothing gets tiresome. ND need to step up their shit and make this game with proper exploration. No need to be open world but be more like the first Tomb Raider games on ps1

For next gen, I agree it needs to open up at least a bit. I don't mind samey sequels within the same gen, but when a series moves to a new more powerful system it should step up it's gameplay too.

Yes, Uncharted 2 and 3 were brilliant. But the "cinematics" alone aren't enough anymore. Not with where open world games have been going (since some of those are starting to get some pretty sweet cinematic and stories as well).

It doesn't need to be 100% open world or sandbox style mission structure, but it would be nice to be able to explore or backtrack whenever you feel like it - maybe throw in some optional side quests. I believe the last Tomb Raider game had alot of this and that was on a last gen console - no excuse for Uncharted 4 to just follow the formula but with prettier graphics. That would be highly disappointing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Pffrbt said:

Both have much tighter pacing and more interesting combat, having much more responsive controls, and neither one emphasizes you using a cover system. They're both far more fun to play than any Uncharted. Either way I proved you wrong by mentioning several games.

I never thought I'd even witness this argument... kind of figured that RE4 and 5 stomping the UC series into the ground was common knowledge.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#197 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Stop the lies, and face the truth. The game is not that impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

I wouldn't go as far as calling it bad, but the series itself does have some flaws.

Unlike the deluded cows on these forums, one can only understand that.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#199  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

It's not terrible, but it's not good. The gunplay isn't fun, the cover shooting is repetitive, each of the games falls into a bad habit of throwing waves and waves of enemies out at you towards the end to artificially lengthen the game. The Uncharted games are at their best during setpiece action sequences, which should tell you something about the real core of the game.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#200  Edited By gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Uncharted's gameplay isn't bad, but it also isn't anything special.

Puzzles are mediocre at best, platforming is pretty basic (never been a fan of how the characters seems like they are gliding around on the ground), enemies pretty much absorb bullets, and I've never liked how any of the guns feel aside from pistols.

The best thing about UC though (or just UC2) is that it has pretty good pacing, most segments of gameplay don't last for too long and transition smoothly from one to another. Not to mention the high production values and largely entertaining characters.