Why PC is NOT the best gaming platform

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="lowe0"] How does his comment constitute crying? lowe0
Why do you take everything so seriously? I mean seriously, you'd be the guy in the group everyone would love to punch in the face...

How does whether I'm serious change whether the comment in question was "crying"?

What does this even have to do with the freaking topic?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Only thing that make Consoles better is it is more simple to play comfortably in your couch.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="lowe0"] How does his comment constitute crying? lostrib

Why do you take everything so seriously? I mean seriously, you'd be the guy in the group everyone would love to punch in the face...

Just ignore him

Well, I suppose if no one has an answer, then that would be the easy way out. Seems kinda cowardly, though.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Why do you take everything so seriously? I mean seriously, you'd be the guy in the group everyone would love to punch in the face...Bebi_vegeta

How does whether I'm serious change whether the comment in question was "crying"?

Jankarcop argued that posts like these are due to anger over the PC. I'd say attacking that is very relevant to the topic at hand.
4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

what lol, consoles are one big DRM... and then you say PC has a DRM problem, the hell?

lostrib

I'm sorry, I dont remember to be obligated to be online to play my games... or used games... or w/e

Console is nowhere near as bad as PC when it comes to DRM

Really? dont you have to pay for xbox live to play online?

I'm a PS3 user. And you're still not required to be online to play your SP games

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 4dr1el

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

what lol, consoles are one big DRM... and then you say PC has a DRM problem, the hell?

Bebi_vegeta

I'm sorry, I dont remember to be obligated to be online to play my games... or used games... or w/e

No, it's even worst... you need to pay a fee if you want to enjoy online.

No I dont. PS3 player here

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

[QUOTE="Zensword"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

The only legit part of your post is that it is more expensive. But that doesnt bother most PC gamers

lostrib

How about crashes and compatibilities, consuming more power.

Really you're gonna bring the cost of electricity into the argument? Crashes/bugs occur on consoles too (i.e. bethesda games) but usually PC just requires a google search to fix it.

Why not ? The cost of electricity should be considered just like people consider the fuel efficiency when they buy car.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

4dr1el

Really? dont you have to pay for xbox live to play online?

I'm a PS3 user. And you're still not required to be online to play your SP games

Well you just said consoles, not PS3. And always online DRM isnt the norm on PC, just like online passes for used console games arent the norm, but they are there as well

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] Why do you take everything so seriously? I mean seriously, you'd be the guy in the group everyone would love to punch in the face...lowe0

Just ignore him

Well, I suppose if no one has an answer, then that would be the easy way out. Seems kinda cowardly, though.

Maybe Jankarcop might of been trolling? Maybe in his opinion he found GOGOGOGURT to be a bit of a whiner? It doesn't even matter. You're like WarTornRhuston without the petty insults. You might as well just say: "How was 9/11 a terrorist attack? It could have been an accident you know."
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Zensword"] How about crashes and compatibilities, consuming more power.Zensword

Really you're gonna bring the cost of electricity into the argument? Crashes/bugs occur on consoles too (i.e. bethesda games) but usually PC just requires a google search to fix it.

Why not ? The cost of electricity should be considered just like people consider the fuel efficiency when they buy car.

Because it's a negligible cost. And probably really no difference when you factor in the power usage from an HDTV with the console, and then most people have a PC in their house anyways that will be drawing power. Having a gaming PC versus a standard PC will cost you almost nothing extra in electricity

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] How does whether I'm serious change whether the comment in question was "crying"?lowe0

Jankarcop argued that posts like these are due to anger over the PC. I'd say attacking that is very relevant to the topic at hand.

Oh really, care to explain how it's related to "Why PC is NOT the best gaming platform"

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="4dr1el"]

4dr1el

No, it's even worst... you need to pay a fee if you want to enjoy online.

No I dont. PS3 player here

Alright, free DRM player here... now what?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lostrib

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Oh really, care to explain how it's related to "Why PC is NOT the best gaming platform"

Oh god, don't engage him. It's just going to be horrible, and unfun

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Jebus213

Bebi_vegeta

He nit picks at bull sh!t just to be the logical douche bag of the PC thread.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Jankarcop argued that posts like these are due to anger over the PC. I'd say attacking that is very relevant to the topic at hand.lostrib

Oh god, don't engage him. It's just going to be horrible, and unfun

I'll engage him like a true SW warrior!!!! SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lowe0

Bebi_vegeta

Glad to. The question is, is the PC really universally best and we're in denial? Or does it have legitimate drawbacks, and not necessarily ideal for everyone?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Jankarcop argued that posts like these are due to anger over the PC. I'd say attacking that is very relevant to the topic at hand.lowe0

Glad to. The question is, is the PC really universally best and we're in denial? Or does it have legitimate drawbacks, and not necessarily ideal for everyone?

It's all subjective. Now go away.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Jankarcop argued that posts like these are due to anger over the PC. I'd say attacking that is very relevant to the topic at hand.lowe0

Oh, did you forget to explain your previous statement (oh hell you already did that, because you like to blaber about something else other then the topic at hand). Commenting on why someone said "stop crying" which had nothing to do with the topic... but your almost geting on track.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#119 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Only thing that make Consoles better is it is more simple to play comfortably in your couch.

aroxx_ab
I was just playing New Vegas PC on my couch; sure it nice to have a gaming PC connected to your HDTV.
4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 4dr1el

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Stevo_the_gamer

I was just playing New Vegas PC on my couch; sure it nice to have a gaming PC connected to your HDTV.

too much work

edit: unless you have your PC permanentely connected to your TV that is

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 lowe0
[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Jebus213

It's all subjective. Now go away.

Not yet. If it's purely subjective, then how would any platform ever have "won"?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#122 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

It's true.

Hermits will always be in denial though. They can't get off their high horse to see there is no "best" platform, just one to suit your needs.

GOGOGOGURT
This is System Wars, ergo, PC>>>>>>>>Consoles. Know your place peasant.
ghost115z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ghost115z
Member since 2012 • 80 Posts

My PS3 patching takes longer, and my 360 has had RROD twice. Consles have more problems.

Jankarcop
Keep dreaming :)
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Yeah sure but most games i want play on PC does not play that well with Gamepad and play with KB/M in couch is a BIG "no thx". I have one PC connected all time to my TV but only used for when i rent movies online.

ghost115z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ghost115z
Isn't it funny how pc gamers seem to be online the most they are fat low life virgin scumbags and pc has no developer support we console players will always be superior for exclusives and developer support you of gamers are just stuck with boring windows OS ahah
ghost115z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ghost115z
Pc gaming has no good exclusives at all only the aborted train wrecks belong to pc and pc gamers will always be treated as 3rd world citizens by developers :D
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Isn't it funny how pc gamers seem to be online the most they are fat low life virgin scumbags and pc has no developer support we console players will always be superior for exclusives and developer support you of gamers are just stuck with boring windows OS ahahghost115z

:lol:

Get a load of that dev support for this gen.

Your trolling is soooo bad... No wonder you needed an alt.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Oh, did you forget to explain your previous statement (oh hell you already did that, because you like to blaber about something else other then the topic at hand). Commenting on why someone said "stop crying" which had nothing to do with the topic... but your almost geting on track.

It's common practice here to dismiss dissenting opinions as borne of necessity rather than genuinely held. In a thread about said dissenting opinions, I'd say a discussion of how those opinions will be received is relevant.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lowe0
Isn't it funny how pc gamers seem to be online the most they are fat low life virgin scumbags and pc has no developer support we console players will always be superior for exclusives and developer support you of gamers are just stuck with boring windows OS ahahghost115z
Do you mind? You're in my way.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zensword

aroxx_ab
You just insert the disc into your console and play, you don't have to care about the minimum requirements craps
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Zensword

You just insert the disc into your console and play, you don't have to care about the minimum requirements craps

Well, with the direction Console games go you may need go online to activate some content online with a code that get bound to your console/account. While you do that ofc its always some updates/patches you need download to be able to use it so its not that "smooth" to be console gamer anymore.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Glad to. The question is, is the PC really universally best and we're in denial? Or does it have legitimate drawbacks, and not necessarily ideal for everyone?

lowe0

It's common practice here to dismiss dissenting opinions as borne of necessity rather than genuinely held. In a thread about said dissenting opinions, I'd say a discussion of how those opinions will be received is relevant.

But your not interested about the topic... your interested about geting things off topic... which is freaking stupid, there's a off topic forum on GS.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Zensword

Put a little more effort into your hobby and you get a better experience. If convenience is that important to you, just stick with consoles.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="ghost115z"]Isn't it funny how pc gamers seem to be online the most they are fat low life virgin scumbags and pc has no developer support we console players will always be superior for exclusives and developer support you of gamers are just stuck with boring windows OS ahahlowe0
Do you mind? You're in my way.

LOL, your typical reply to your posse.

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

4dr1el

too much work

I recently moved to a new town and in the process I had to throw away my old table for my PC. I got bored one day and threw my PC next to my couch and the monitor up on the coffee table.

I can kick my feet up and play games while watching my bigscreen just above my monitor. Not hard at all and hell, I've yet to go buy a new table.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

It's true.

Hermits will always be in denial though. They can't get off their high horse to see there is no "best" platform, just one to suit your needs.

Miroku32

This is System Wars, ergo, PC>>>>>>>>Consoles. Know your place peasant.

this is SW ergo nobody gives a fvck

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

4dr1el

too much work

HDMI connected and Wired 360 controller means easy peasy.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Preference aside PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

... the thing is preference is all that matters to the individual.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

aroxx_ab

Yeah sure but most games i want play on PC does not play that well with Gamepad and play with KB/M in couch is a BIG "no thx". I have one PC connected all time to my TV but only used for when i rent movies online.

TV tray deal makes KB/M nice for me.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lowe0

Bebi_vegeta

But your not interested about the topic... your interested about geting things off topic... which is freaking stupid, there's a off topic forum on GS.

The original post from gogurt stated that there is no one universally best platform. I'd certainly call that on topic. Jankarcop proceeded to criticize that post. I'd certainly call questioning his basis for doing so on topic as well. If you'd like to assert that I wasn't interested in the topic when I posted, then please point out why either of those two things were not actually on topic at all.

Look, it's a really nice effort, I'll give you that, but if you're going to try to play the "off topic" card, I'm on pretty solid ground here. Back up and try something else.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Zensword

[QUOTE="Zensword"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

how do the minor problems you mention eclipse the major strengths you listed?

CaseyWegner

expensive, consumes more elecicity, DRM and having issues running games are minor problem ? But I didn't say these issue eclipsed the strenghts.

yes. minor problems. you are exaggerating their prevalence and impact. drm is hardly a problem. the worst of it is having to be online constantly but that's only a handful of games. as for having trouble running games...most will never encounter that. you listed all of these important strengths but went on to say that the problems you listed made pc gaming worse than console gaming. how is that not saying that the strengths are eclipsed?

Again you mistunderstood me. 1. I did not say pc gaming is worse than consoles. 2. I did not say pc strengths are escliped by its weaknesess. I'm not sure if those are just "minor problems" but certainly they're problems that the console gamers don't encounter.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Most exclusives, most games, best graphics, mods, KB/Mouse, most variety in genres, etc etc. Quite simply put, PC is the best. TC's reasons are some of the worst I've ever heard.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Zensword

Most exclusives, most games, best graphics, mods, KB/Mouse, most variety in genres, etc etc. Quite simply put, PC is the best. TC's reasons are some of the worst I've ever heard.

Puckhog04
lol another hermit claming pc is teh bezt as if it's a fact while ignoring its own problems that don't ocur on consoles. It's ok to say IMO pc is the best but claming that like it's absolute truth is stupid.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Zensword
lol another hermit claming pc is teh bezt as if it's a fact while ignoring its own problems that don't ocur on consoles. It's ok to say IMO pc is the best but claming that like it's absolute truth is stupid.

What problems? The only shortfall I see is the lack of split screen support.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Zensword

Never said it was the absolute truth. It's my opinion. Then again it's a generally accepted as the truth when it comes to opinions. That is just coincidence though...

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Sure it has strenghts like best graphics, framerate, mods, amount of exclusives ... but is also has many annoying problem like DRM, trying to run games can be a pain in the a**, not to mention it's much more expensive than consoles, bigger electricity bills. So it's not the best platform at all. It's a blatant lie from the elitist hermits.Zensword

Feel free to back even a single of those arguments up.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

It's true.

lowe0

At this site PC is first place every gen, keep crying

3043587216_Jesse20Jackson20Crying_xlarge

Hey look everyone, its Lowe3 here to ruin this thread with his off-topic whining.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="Zensword"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Stevo_the_gamer

What problems? The only shortfall I see is the lack of split screen support.

You say "What problems?" and then answer your own question...>.>