Why no hype for Silent Hill Downpour?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

I love a good horror game, and I know Silent Hill Homecoming wasn't greatly recieved here. But I found it to be a decent horror game. It wasn't great but it got the job done. I'm hoping Silent Hill Downpour can change that and fix it's mistakes. So why ins't anyone talking about it?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Do we have release date..??
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
Because silent hill has been dissapointing people for a few years now. and this one is not even made by good old devs
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Silent Hill games generally aren't very good. Hopefully this upcoming one is though. I love horror games.
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 randomguy15

Come on guys, have faith!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

randomguy15

Ironically i'm much more interested in the HD collection, never played 2 and 3 is one of my favorite horror games, that's the main reason Downpour is not on my radar.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

most horror games suck pretty bad. But i really liked shatterd memories.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 randomguy15

[QUOTE="randomguy15"]

madsnakehhh

Ironically i'm much more interested in the HD collection, never played 2 and 3 is one of my favorite horror games, that's the main reason Downpour is not on my radar.

I'm really looking forward to the HD collection too.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

There hasn't been a good Silent Hill game in years. Plus the developer is unproven and the game doesn't look too hot in videos.

I'll probably play it eventually, but my expectations for the title are rather low.

Slashkice

I kinda disagree. Shattered memories was very good imo. There was 1 problem in my eyes but it didint kill the game to me. Also it could be much worse. I mean say what you want about SH games after 3 but at leastmost try to keep the tone and feel of the series. Its not like RE which just threw everything out the window. With tons of running parasites with gunsand bright sunny areas and zero atmosphere.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 randomguy15

I'm going to go on a limb and say it gets AA.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

It's still another outsourced SH game.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

They haven't shown us much. The game's coming out in under two months and we barely know a thing about it.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Because the last amazing Silent Hill game was Silent Hill 3.

Shattered Memories was decent though.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Do we have release date..??TheGuardian03
October 25. 2011

Good.....I really like Silent hill games and i will buy this too.
12qazx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 12qazx
Member since 2005 • 1435 Posts

It could be an interesting game even if it wont be as good as the other games in the series. There's always renting it if you don't want to buy it.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i think any horror game with a combat system makes it unscary. if you cant fight back and you have to run or hide to live that is much more scary.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts
i really do miss the original on the ps1 the puzzels where real ball busters and after the school im like @$@5 ya game over and to my joy the game didnt even start XD
randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 randomguy15

i think any horror game with a combat system makes it unscary. if you cant fight back and you have to run or hide to live that is much more scary.

dontshackzmii

I agree for the most part. It would be much more terrifying this way. But I found the Condemned series, F.E.A.R, and the Dead Space series scary and they have combat. So even though it would make it scarier without combat, think of how boring the game could get at times without it. I think it needs to mix both combat and times where you're defensless in a horrorgame.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

I kinda disagree. Shattered memories was very good imo. There was 1 problem in my eyes but it didint kill the game to me. Also it could be much worse. I mean say what you want about SH games after 3 but at leastmost try to keep the tone and feel of the series. Its not like RE which just threw everything out the window. With tons of running parasites with gunsand bright sunny areas and zero atmosphere.

Slashkice

Shattered Memories was a good game, but a terrible Silent Hill game - pretty much what you're describing with Resident Evil. SM was an adventure game rather than survival horror.

To be honest all that was missing in my eyes was insted of picked moments of monster that they would just be there. Thats what was kinda anoying and some puzzels. Besides that its nothing liek the RE situation. SHSM still had the tone and atmoshpere and music. You still see some of SH there RE not so much.

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I have my eye on it. I have no idea how SH Downpour is gonna turn out.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 randomguy15

I have my eye on it. I have no idea how SH Downpour is gonna turn out.

xOMGITSJASONx

I'm in the same boat. Possible sleeper hit? O_o

Stevelovessony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stevelovessony
Member since 2011 • 267 Posts
Its actually my most wanted game this year. I adore the series, love playing it all alone snuggled up in the dark. Most likely will be a day 1 purchase, but it needs to go back to sh2 and sh3 ways to be good imo.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I'm not expecting much after homecoming. I'll check the game out eventually though.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

dontshackzmii
You should play Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Because there hasn't been a good one in like 7 years

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

I'll jump back in the SH love train again when Team Silent goes back to making it instead of these weak ass western outsourced companies.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

randomguy15

I agree for the most part. It would be much more terrifying this way. But I found the Condemned series, F.E.A.R, and the Dead Space series scary and they have combat. So even though it would make it scarier without combat, think of how boring the game could get at times without it. I think it needs to mix both combat and times where you're defensless in a horrorgame.

Clock Tower pulled it off.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I'm in love with homecoming :P. Downpour looks pretty good to me, also getting hd edition.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Well, Homecoming was disappointing to most and it comes down the same day as one of the most hyped games or all time (Spider-Man: Edge of Time), as well as another almost as good game but totally different game (Battlefield 3).

Its just coming out at a bad time. Unless you consider its proximity to Halloween a "good" time, but sales wise its not good.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

To be honest all that was missing in my eyes was insted of picked moments of monster that they would just be there. Thats what was kinda anoying and some puzzels. Besides that its nothing liek the RE situation. SHSM still had the tone and atmoshpere and music. You still see some of SH there RE not so much.

Slashkice

Climax royally screwed up the atmosphere/tone of the game. Silent Hill was no longer menacing or threatening, it was just...sterile. The soundtrack I thought was Yamaoka's worst, which was disappointing as even in Homecoming, or Origins, I still got to enjoy a great OST. The only thing I think the game really did right was the story, though even then the content was rather tame compared to the series' norm.

well I guess we agree to disagree. Cause its clear are views are very different. I feel SM did a great job with jsut a few misteps. I would feel good with another SH in thier hands.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#36 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Because we all know that Silent Hill 2 is the best in the series and it would take some sort of miracle for it to be surpassed.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I will play SHDownpour for sure. It looks good from what little I have seen. But no Horror game seems to pull me in nearly as much as Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4.

Some people might not class RE4 as a horror game but I do. Thought it was creepy as ****. The atmosphere is what did it for me. And holy crap... those Regenerators are the most terrifying things I have ever seen in a video game.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

because american develperes ruined silent hill franchise

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#39 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
After Homecoming (which granted, wasn't horrible, but it was disappointing) I'm waiting this one out.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i look forward for downpour i cant wait
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

finalfantasy94

Climax royally screwed up the atmosphere/tone of the game. Silent Hill was no longer menacing or threatening, it was just...sterile. The soundtrack I thought was Yamaoka's worst, which was disappointing as even in Homecoming, or Origins, I still got to enjoy a great OST. The only thing I think the game really did right was the story, though even then the content was rather tame compared to the series' norm.

well I guess we agree to disagree. Cause its clear are views are very different. I feel SM did a great job with jsut a few misteps. I would feel good with another SH in thier hands.

I too thought Shattered Memories was fantastic. In fact, it's one of the cleverest reimaginings I've ever witnessed in any media.

It's a shame that some Silent Hill purists love to disregard it the moment it's brought up. Fanboys I tell ya! lol

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Silent Hill games generally aren't very good. Hopefully this upcoming one is though. I love horror games.KC_Hokie

On the contrary, they range from good to fantastic. None of them have been mediocre.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

resevl4rlz

Homecoming was the only SH developed by a American company i believe.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

The screens I've seen of Downpour show Murphy running through a dense forrest with waterfalls on his way to SH. That's stupid, SH is a crummy little town in the mid-west, there's no reason there should be such a lush forrest right outside of town.

Also, they're brining back the forced running they used in Shattered Memories, which I hate. What little combat we have seen looks terrible by all accounts.

Alas, I will buy the game because the survival horror genre is my favorite, but only after it gets a big price cut and I read all the reviews/flames. Going in with low expectations is my only hope of being pleasantly surprised...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46694 Posts

Its like asking why Sonic gets so little hype

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

There hasn't been a good Silent Hill game in years. Plus the developer is unproven and the game doesn't look too hot in videos.

I'll probably play it eventually, but my expectations for the title are rather low.

Slashkice

Not only that, the composer for the Silent Hill games left Konami, so the sound and music will be drastically different.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 finalfantasy94

The screens I've seen of Downpour show Murphy running through a dense forrest with waterfalls on his way to SH. That's stupid, SH is a crummy little town in the mid-west, there's no reason there should be such a lush forrest right outside of town.

Also, they're brining back the forced running they used in Shattered Memories, which I hate. What little combat we have seen looks terrible by all accounts.

Alas, I will buy the game because the survival horror genre is my favorite, but only after it gets a big price cut and I read all the reviews/flames. Going in with low expectations is my only hope of being pleasantly surprised...

trollop_scat

SH combat has never been one of its glowing points. I also like the run away SM put in. To me it adds the tension of you cant really do much but run for your life. I mean its not a bad idea in a gameplay sense. I mean isint that amnisia game for PC the same way and some say its a wonderful survival horror game. Hell I wish I can play it.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115435 Posts
Silent Hill games generally aren't very good. Hopefully this upcoming one is though. I love horror games.KC_Hokie
I love horror games aswell. I've been waiting for another good one. I'm almost at the end of Fatal Frame 4 on the wii and I need another good horror game to play after that =P
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I think it's going to turn out to be mediocre if not worse.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

spookykid143

Homecoming was the only SH developed by a American company i believe.

nope silent hill origins and the remake shattered memories